• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 28, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] I did it!!!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:35 PM PST

    Fellow Undead, all Chosen, Linked, Embered, Hollow, and other, I have just completed the Four Kings on my SL1 playthrough. It isn't much of a big deal, but this little project has kept me busy for around 3....3 and a half weeks now.maybe two I....I dunno, I have a SL1 game on DS1 for XB 360 and DSR on XB1....my times are a little brained right now lol.

    Just wanted to share this with everyone, even new players, don't despair. Ensure use of Jolly Cooperation, and always Praise the Sun

    submitted by /u/Kiggzpawn
    [link] [comments]

    Lore about priscilla.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:00 AM PST

    I just looked at steam sucess and on the one for priscilla reads: "Beat Crossbreed Priscilla, godess of death" (I translated it from french do it might not be exactly that in English.) I'm pretty sure Priscilla is never mentionned as a godess. I'm not a lore expert so I can't say for sure.

    submitted by /u/AwscarOfAwstora
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a lore reason why Gwynevere is so damn big? (and I don't just mean her twin suns)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:59 AM PST

    Is there a lore reason why Gwynevere is so damn big? (and I don't just mean her twin suns)

    'Cause I just realized, after watching a YT video of all the enemies in the game and their sizes, that she's one of the biggest characters in Dark Souls if she stood up.

    Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9qYyw3w6s8

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    JUST LOST 1,000,000 SOULS��

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 06:58 PM PST

    I'm very affiliated with dark souls and it's lore as I've beaten it many times over and each time it never fails to amaze me. Whether its revisiting the hidden ash lake or dying from the another londo archers. I just wanted to vent very quickly as I had a black knight greatsword and tried to kill patches on my first encounter with him in the catacombs and got decked. So I went to try again and got my behind tickled by the surprise skeleton on the bridge and in trying to run and retrieve my souls got decked again by both of them this time. This might be the most rage I've felt towards a souls game in a while and though 1,000,000 souls which took about 3 month of on and off gameplay to achieve was gone I'm less than a minute. My message to you, please be prepared before fighting anything and for the love of the lord of cinder don't underestimate any enemy.

    submitted by /u/0626060001
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Switch version a good way to enter the franchise?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:28 AM PST

    I just saw Dark Souls on sale on Switch, was wondering how good of a version is for a newcomers to start with.

    submitted by /u/flutterdash2
    [link] [comments]

    What if you gave Solaire a flashlight

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 12:32 AM PST

    Would he be happy?

    submitted by /u/Anichor
    [link] [comments]

    I love the Souls community

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:00 AM PST

    I was bored, so I tried to build a Giant Dad for the luls. I killed Pinwheel, boned back to the Catacombs bonfire and Alt Tabbed to see the path to Vamos on YouTube. What I hadn't realized is that I had been invaded while not in the game. The invader realized this, decided not to kill me, and even left me all the red titanite I needed, including a slab! What a hero!

    submitted by /u/madmeth0d
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls merchandise

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 03:13 AM PST

    I love dark souls and i want to own something from it. Are there any legit sites or stores where i can buy some?

    submitted by /u/theKubrik
    [link] [comments]

    Just need to vent a little.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:04 PM PST

    The first Dark Souls is probably my favorite game of all time. The feeling that I got when I beat it for the first time was exhilarating and has been unmatched by any other game I have played. I reminisce sometimes about how it felt when I first realized I could see lower undead burg from above or looking up and seeing the bridge, the world just felt so complete and seamless.

    I was going through some really tough times when I played for the first time and I just remember getting completely lost in the setting and story. I was dealing with family issues and bullying at school and getting to come home and play Dark Souls was a great feeling. It was my escape into a completely different world that was not my own but it felt like home.

    That however is not the reason I'm posting this. I have never played Demon's Souls because I never owned a ps3 and I've wished to play it for years. So it really hurts when I see thousands of PS5's in the hands of people who don't even want the console. There are so many people looking for an escape during this pandemic, something to give them a little joy while they deal with whatever is going on and they can't because of greed. I've come to terms with the wait as I am very patient, I just wanted to let this out.

    If you've got this far, thank you for listening.

    submitted by /u/slitheryslurp
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the annex key in painted world?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:34 AM PST

    It's my second point for and I forget where the key is do I have to kill an enemy to get it?

    submitted by /u/crazy12157
    [link] [comments]

    Which Dark Souls Ring?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 03:23 AM PST

    hello all~ My bf is a huge dark souls enthusiast and I've been meaning to get him a related present for his bday that's coming up. Problem is, I haven't played the games and I don't really have any insight on what could be of significance, as there's tons of merch out there. I've narrowed it down and decided I'd get him a ring.My question is, which of the rings encountered in the game is/are of most emotional significance? So that I could get a replica for him of an in-game item. Thank you so much in advance, I really don't have any other way of getting a grasp on this.

    submitted by /u/skiamaxia
    [link] [comments]

    Ok this has probably been discussed before but...

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 05:21 PM PST

    At the beginning of the game when you are asked to adjust the brightness so that the flame is visible and the dragon is invisible, is that a reference to how when Gwyn, his flame, and his army grew in power, they were able to wipe out the dragons? I just realized it now in my own, so I'm sorry if I'm kinda late to this lol

    submitted by /u/Blueyeball
    [link] [comments]

    I beat DS1 and platinumed it 2 days later!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 12:02 AM PST

    Pretty proud of myself, the game is addicting asf and I plan on playing DS2 next, idk if I'll platinum that though. Imgur link will be posted in comments

    submitted by /u/asapdios
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Four Kings

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:34 PM PST

    Didn't realise Great Magic Barrier would make it such an easy fight. I had Painting Guard Armor set and Demon spear +5. SL 77. I feel like a boss.

    submitted by /u/Def-tones
    [link] [comments]

    Place to buy DSR outside of steam for $20 AUD?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:27 AM PST

    I wanna get DSR but $60 is too steep

    submitted by /u/Stankystonky
    [link] [comments]

    3D printed Bonfire

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Hey I made this bonfire light. Any thoughts on how I can improve it?

    youtube.com/watch?v=3tqfebOSxgs&feature=youtu.be

    submitted by /u/BoshansStudios
    [link] [comments]

    can i found onion bros daughter when hes already dead at lost izalith?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 12:17 AM PST

    onion bros dead when help me fight weird alien at lost izalith

    submitted by /u/ratfries
    [link] [comments]

    Guys I actually think Bonewheel skeletons are one of the best enemies in the game.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:28 PM PST

    Well look at it this way. You play dark souls for the challenge, and the bonewheel skeletons provide that challenge. You have to bait them and attack. And if your having that much trouble just get better poise. Honestly quit whining and get better at the game. How can enemies that provide such a fair challenge get so much hate?

    • Said no one ever
    submitted by /u/Western_Telephone773
    [link] [comments]

    Good mods for returning player?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:51 PM PST

    I'm going for my 4th playthrough. Looking for some mods that will enhance the experience.

    submitted by /u/SuperSoul1029
    [link] [comments]

    I Need Help With Demon Fire Sage on PC

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:14 AM PST

    Would anyone be able to drop a summon sigil so I can get through this boss? I put my summon sigil down for a few others waiting to possibly get one back in return with no success.

    submitted by /u/Bonecollecter_94
    [link] [comments]

    can’t play any souls games besides DS1 for a month, any suggestions or ideas to do in DS1 for the next month?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 12:12 AM PST

    Like any challenges or dif builds and stuff like that! thanks for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/asapdios
    [link] [comments]

    Finding your way around

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:41 PM PST

    (SPOILERS) so I'm finally playing Dark Souls for the first time, and by now I've made it to Blight Town, but... how did you guys find the door to lower undead burg the first time? Maybe I'm dumb, but I spent ages thinking new londo was the place to be, only I kept walking into overlevelled enemies. Asked a friend who'd played the game before, and he told me where to go. Am I just blind? I didn't even see the door there after the gargoyles, I walked right past it, and I highly doubt I would've ever found it without help from someone else.

    submitted by /u/BlondiestRockGod
    [link] [comments]

    When did r/demonssouls and r/bloodborne become memefests?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 06:35 PM PST

    Hadn't checked those subs in a while and now most of the front page is shitty memes. Hopefully this sub doesn't go that way.

    submitted by /u/SnSZell
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment