• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 2, 2020

    Dark Souls Just got from the bonfire in the Undead Burg to the bonfire in the Undead Parish.

    Dark Souls Just got from the bonfire in the Undead Burg to the bonfire in the Undead Parish.


    Just got from the bonfire in the Undead Burg to the bonfire in the Undead Parish.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    Holy shit, getting to a new checkpoint feels amazing in this game. I feel like I'm able to take on enemies far better than I could in the Burg. (Except for the Spear Hollows, those still suck.) I'm kind of ashamed that it took 3 days to get through the burg, though. it probably took a total of 10 hours 😬

    submitted by /u/CharliiShapiro
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone find Sen's Fortress.. funny?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Just got here and laughing so much at everything. It's the layering of bad things that gets me:

    • Get hit by lightning spell, blasted back into an axe which knocks you off the bridge, killing you

    • Get hit by axe, pushing you back into a second axe, knocks you off the bridge, killing you

    • Get hit by axe which knocks you onto platform where three lizards blast you with spells, killing you

    • Lizard walks into view through a doorway, before you can react he's crushed by a boulder

    • Start with 2 armor statues, which accumulate to absurd numbers as you progress (keep expecting one of these to be trapped)

    • Pressure plates hit you with increasing number of bolts from 3 at the entrance to 5 or 6 later on, absurd overkill

    • Timing of the boulder piston is so funny to me for some reason

    submitted by /u/ncist
    [link] [comments]

    Solair friendzoned me

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    He told me to brush of what he said

    But i do have feelings for him :(

    He can take my estus and i would thank him

    submitted by /u/Bananak47
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got a different mask from Pinwheel!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I've played this game for so many years, pinwheel is always the first boss, gotta get the scythe and gravelord sword and figure grab the mask while I'm down there.

    All he's ever dropped for me was the mask of the mother. FOR YEARS.

    Finally got the remastered version on switch and first playthrough got mask of the child!

    It's the small things...

    Good luck out there everyone!

    submitted by /u/purpleowl385
    [link] [comments]

    To the knight who invaded me as I was entering the power couple's arena...

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    You ran as fast as you could to get a hit in before I entered the gate. I didn't even see you were invading until you landed the first hit.

    Thanks to you, though, Pistol Lord, Solaire, and myself were able to finish them off out of spite.

    Sure, we all had tens of health left at the end of it, but your hubris gave us the extra oomph we needed.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TotallyAlpharius
    [link] [comments]

    To the naked man with a large club

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:50 AM PDT

    You closed the gate I was finally fast enough to open. Fuck you. :/

    submitted by /u/skugg_mustard
    [link] [comments]

    Creator of Daughters of Ash created a "Roguelike Souls" mod

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    https://www.nexusmods.com/darksoulsremastered/mods/255

    From the Nexus mod page:

    Roguelike Souls overhauls the Dark Souls experience entirely by replacing the game's progression with a roguelike system not unlike The Binding of Isaac or Dead Cells. In each "run" through Lordran, you are tasked with conquering a semi-random sequence of levels containing random enemy types in completely random positions (not just existing enemy positions), fresh random loot, and random bosses, as well as a few other random events and risk/reward scenario.

    If you die five times, your progress in that run will be lost and you will be sent back to Firelink Shrine to start anew. Allies you rescue (from fixed locations) will permanently reside at Firelink to provide gameplay-modifying bonuses, and certain game progression events will unlock more loot options, but nothing else will persist between journeys through Lordran.

    In addition, every time you install the mod, a fresh set of procedurally-generated weapons, armor, and spells will be created as loot. By default, enemy animation speeds are also randomized, with each animation potentially becoming slightly weaker + faster (up to a point) or stronger + slower. This can sometimes lead to particularly brutal foes who get lucky and have most of their attacks sped up (the "Card Of" phenomenon), so you can either re-install the mod to roll the dice again, or use an installation option to disable enemy speed changes altogether.

    This mod was created as a charity incentive for LobosJr for his St Jude charity event in May 2020, as a sequel to 2019's (very different) mod. My goal was to make something a little more replayable and attractive for a wider Souls audience, rather than another mod that was just fun to watch. I promised to release it in June if Lobos met his $200K goal, which his community smashed. I'd hoped to find time to add more content (e.g. invaders) before releasing it, but unfortunately I was quite sick throughout June and was lucky to fix the existing big issues for this under-the-gun release!

    I may update this mod from time to time, as there are a lot of knobs to balance and a few remaining non-critical bugs to address (see below), but keep in mind that this will take time away from the big DoA-style team project I'm working on right now ;). Come and discuss the mod in the dedicated channel in the

    Daughters of Ash Discord server if you'd like.

    I hope you enjoy it! This was fun to make and a nice conceptual break for me from heavily scripted, story-based mods. Time to get back on that train...

    📷

    This mod is for Dark Souls: Remastered only. It will never be released for Prepare to Die Edition.

    submitted by /u/Nickoten
    [link] [comments]

    Someone needs to Stop me...

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    After defeating 6 Bosses yesterday (All 3 Fire Demons + 3 / 4 Lords) i have already killed 4 other Bosses Today, the bed, Priscilla, Stray demon and Sanctuary Guardian (First try) and it's 11:24 am rn (started at about 9:30)

    submitted by /u/qpalymHD
    [link] [comments]

    Horrible Mistake?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    It's my first time playing through ds1 and I'm a little confused with the estus/humanity mechanics. Upon finding the fire keepers soul behind the large knight in undead parish, I proceeded to use item thinking it would upgrade my estus. To my pleasant surprise I found about 30-40 minutes later after beating the bell gargoyles that it did nothing and you're supposed give it to the lady in firelink to upgrade. Don't know whether to laugh at my stupidity or cry.

    submitted by /u/pakk29
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feel bad talking to a merchant without buying anything?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    I was just curious what the Magic Defense on the Chain Leggings was but now I've got another 20 firebombs and here's a little something extra for Yuliya

    submitted by /u/xJoda
    [link] [comments]

    I beat ng+ 7

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Does it get harder or can I become op

    submitted by /u/Takashi-Lee
    [link] [comments]

    New Player

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Hi, i just bought Dark Souls Remastered, I have played Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 in that order, I've heard lots of good things about Dark Souls 1 so I thought I would try it out.

    TL;DR

    is there anything I should know? Also how does Humanity work? Are they like Embers?

    submitted by /u/Qashi-Dema
    [link] [comments]

    Fat Rolling is viable?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    I am doing a strength character with big armor and so far I killed all pre Anor Londo bosses like that. I even had successful PvP. I really feel like I've unlocked easy mode with this build.

    submitted by /u/ShrekxFarquaad69
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with ornstein and smough

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    Ive been stuck on ornstein and smough for a while now can someone help me with them i just get killed within 2 seconds wherever i go by them

    submitted by /u/cryostorm247
    [link] [comments]

    Here to help

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Just a post from a friendly skeleton saying that if any advice is needed I'd say I can help (unless your doing magic in which case I am clueless), but I find it very fun to help other young hollows journey through lordran so if anyone needs help tips advice just drop a comment or send a dm :)

    submitted by /u/Texsaitamaz
    [link] [comments]

    The German translation sucks

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Ceasless Discharge -> Lavastrom Dämon (Lavastream Demon) Demon Firesage -> Feuer Dämon (Fire Demon) But there are also completely mixed up names, for example: BKGS -> Großschwert des Drachenschlächters (Greatsword of the Dragonslayer) BKS -> BKGS It's litteraly another weapon but it's called BKGS anyways Edit: i just realised kiln of the first flame is Ofen der ersten Flamme (Oven of the first flame)

    submitted by /u/qpalymHD
    [link] [comments]

    Please oh please tell me everyone hates Blighttown

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    So I've been playing dark souls lately and I'm stuck on this place called 'Blighttown' and oh my god I hate it so much. I haven't even been able to get to the bonfire yet so when I die I just go back to the depths. Please tell me I'm not the only one who despises this location lol

    submitted by /u/MrGDP
    [link] [comments]

    Halfway through 2020 feels like

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    We just beat O&S and surely we have to be almost done with this year. Then you keep going and realize...

    There's still Demon Firesage and Centipede Demon and the Bed of Chaos and PinWheel and Nito and The Stray Demon and don't forget Priscilla and Seath and then after that it's Sif and The Four Kings and right around the corner there is The Sanctuary Guardian and Knight Artorias including Black Dragon Kalameet and Manus, Father of the Abyss and our other dad, Gywn.

    Long road ahead. We got this

    submitted by /u/TheTwinBarrel
    [link] [comments]

    Undead Burg

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IN HERE IM RAGING SO HARD

    submitted by /u/DryFish52
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls: Remastered Switch

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    I am new to Dark Souls. I know this is going to sound like the most stereotypical new player post but I have absolutely no idea what to do. I am in Undead Burg and I am so frustrated. I keep dying to guys with fire bomb things that I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do against. I have no idea what these messages mean. Are other players leaving these messages WTF??? I don't even know how I am supposed to know where to go.

    submitted by /u/DryFish52
    [link] [comments]

    Why does everyone think DS3 is easier than DSR?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    I'm honestly confused, DSR was fairly hard but it wasn't too difficult to beat, whereas once I played DS3, every single area was extremely challenging, Gundyr even managed to kill me 5 times back to back whereas Gwyn died on my first attempt

    submitted by /u/Spectere27
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite build that's a bit weird?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Looking to try a different kind of build and really wanna know what the community has built in their time. Totally down to try something bizarre AF.

    submitted by /u/PeejWal
    [link] [comments]

    What to do?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    Hey skeletons ,whole game i was using drake sword and i'm kinda used to it's attacks but now i have to change it for something with better stats .So my question is there any weapon that is better then drake sword with similliar attack pattern

    submitted by /u/Seditario
    [link] [comments]

    NG and NG+

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    I just realized that you can try all the Builds (STR, DEX, FTH, INT) in just one character because of NG+ so there is really no need to create a new character. Is it correct or am I mistaken?

    submitted by /u/Antitheta56
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment