• Breaking News

    Friday, November 27, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 10:09 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just "finished" the game, but i'm so cofused!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:31 AM PST

    Might be that i'm just awful at following the storyline, but hear me out, and point me in the right direction if you feel like I missed something.

    The end of my playthrough went as follows. - killed the throne watcher and defender and nothing happened, i was expecting 3 foghts in a row, oh well. - googled a bit and saw something about the trees and giant souls, so went and got those. - killed nashandra, and that was it, end. I was still expecting at least one more round in that arena.

    Now im hesitant regarding starting a ng+ feeling like ive missed a big part of the game.

    I also went and beat the crown of the ivory king and, unless that dlc ends after killing him, getting his crown and speak to the sorceress, i've missed something here also.

    Where do i access the other dlc:s from? I've got softs edition for ps4.

    Don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed the gameplay throughout and I'm definitely going to do ng+ if i haven't missed something essential. But the story is quite uninteresting/too hard for me to follow.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/prestons_gravy
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the guy before Vendrick, really easy.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:39 AM PST

    But I was wondering what I had to do. I used all my souls that I got from bosses to level my self up but I feel like I fucked up. Vendrick wasn't taking any damage and I'm pretty sure that is what that was for. So I went to the dragon place to kill the ancient dragon, done. What else do I need to do? I decided to go to The icy tiger dlc. What is left of the game? I got 11 estus flasks btw.

    submitted by /u/JerryBigToes
    [link] [comments]

    The DS2 wiki is very incomplete. Its surprising

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Tens of thousands of players played ds2 so far, yet the wiki lacks lots of information about spells, boss resistances, bonfires... Weird.
    I had to edit some wiki entries about rings, spells, etc. A lot of stuff is not tested and written in the wiki.

    I bought 2 copies of the game and I'm testing interesting things out by invading myself. The game is full of undiscovered/unknown secrets. Once I find out enough interesting things, I'll post my findings here.

    submitted by /u/Autumn_Leaf6702
    [link] [comments]

    same old question about builds. but really, how..

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:18 AM PST

    So I played Salt and Sanctuary like 50 hours and I just did every single possible thing. But the problem is that my mind got used to Salt and Sanctuary's build system. Aaannnd I don't really understand Dark Souls's build system.

    In this steam sales I bought Dark Souls 2 and 3 and It's the best decision I made so far.

    But It's complete agony when you don't know this sort of things.

    At first I don't actually mind it I just go 30 STR, 13 DEX, VIG, END, VIT. It actually worked at beggining. I faced The Pursuer, he demolished me, I realised somethings wrong but thank for the power of parry I defeated him aaaaaand I got stuck at the poisonous area.

    Can someone explain the system? How can I distribute my levels effective? What is the way?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/horemhab
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a point in reinforcing shields?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:06 AM PST

    I was going to reinforce my drangleic shield, but it only offers like .7 extra defense to everything else. I was also wondering what the best armor to use in the game is, because right now I'm using the Drangleic mail

    submitted by /u/Cassius_Merek
    [link] [comments]

    Kill Everyone You Meet run?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:39 AM PST

    I've been wondering for a while if anyone has ever attempted to complete a run where they kill all NPCs that are killable as soon as soon as they see them (no interaction with any NPC allowed). I think this would be an interesting challenge for someone (possibly myself, if I'm mad enough) to attempt.

    It would mean: no leveling, no upgrading equipment, no estus flask, no repairing broken equipment, certain summons would be unavailable, no buying items, no respec-ing (not that there would be any levels to respec), most covenants would be unavailable. I think it would be ok to allow summoning of NPCs that you don't meet in the world (but of course, no player summons)

    If anyone is looking for a challenge, I think this would be one of the all-time greats.

    Let me know what you guys think and I might start theory crafting this, and possibly attempt it as well

    submitted by /u/Selphia2000
    [link] [comments]

    How active is PvP on PC?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:18 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I've got back into sotfs on ps4, but PvP is no where near what it used to be. Signs on bridge are almost non existent, usually one person, and it's always the same person.

    How is PvP on pc? I'm considering getting it if the player base is still strong. I miss iron keep bridge fight clubs!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/two_opportunities
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with the main elevator in Drangelic castle

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:11 AM PST

    So when I was fighting the tower knight I accidentally activated the elevator and then rolled off it, continuing my path toward the boss. now the elevator is stuck at the top and I cant bring it back down, what can I do?

    submitted by /u/SIMPIN_FOR_PAM
    [link] [comments]

    Emerald Herald tomb not at the tree ?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 03:18 AM PST

    Hello,

    I accidently dropped my controller and I smashed the Herald (RIP).

    I know her tomb is supposed to appear in front of the tree nearby but it hasn't after quitting the game.

    I am playing the SOTFS edition.

    Anyone has a tip for me ?

    I have been farming dragon shrine souls like crazy and want to level up :(

    submitted by /u/flumul
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:01 PM PST

    I have played trough 1,2,3 bb and sekiro but had to sell my ps4 to get a laptop for school work last summer.

    I havent played any souls games in a while because of this but man do i miss them. I read souls subs daily on reddit and decided that i will try and see if this shit 300€ dell laptop with Intel core i3 can handle ds2. I looked at the system requirements and it just might pull it off.

    Naturally I played sekiro for a long while before i had to sell my ps4 so its been a while since ive been to Majula and man im hyped to play ds2.

    Its blackfriday so steam naturally has a sale and ds2 is up for only 10€ for anyone interested. Ds3 is only 15€ right now!! So get it if you havent played it and have the specs. Unfortunatly i dont.

    Have a great weekend fellow souls players. If you need a summon or anything else (rn only on PC and on ds2 as mentioned) feel free to add me on steam or psn @ketturepolainenn

    submitted by /u/_dead_wood_
    [link] [comments]

    Should I infuse my caestus?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 03:31 AM PST

    I'm going to do a Jonathan Joestar build and plan to infuse my caestus with fire and lightning and buff them respectively with flame weapon and sunlight blade to simulate Hamon or should I just leave them be and just buff them for cosplay purposes.

    submitted by /u/LuciferAdeo
    [link] [comments]

    First Playthrough of first souls experience person here. I'm loving the game so far, what's with all the hate, I'm going for the final DLC right now. Here's a rundown of my blind as hell playthrough

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:12 AM PST

    So far I've played Dark Souls 3 just a small part and learned how leveling is, what estus is, how items work and stamina and general souls knowledge. So I went into dark souls 2 thinking I think this is a fun game to start with given this is the most hated, thus I'd have an experience of getting better souls games as I play through 2 - 1 - 3 or 2 - 3 -1 based on people opinion and polls

    Here's my experiences of how bad I am or how me thinking too much messed my playhthrough up and how I played through the game like a wanderer. Excuse my bad sentence structures, I have a hard time remembering every specific moment for all the hours spent, almost 80!
    -I don't know anything about the game in terms of where to go or anything, I didn't even know about the 4 great souls, all I know about the game is there's hollowing if you die that halves your max life and there's Bearer Seek Seek Lest, there's a famous duo NPC that are both liars, other than that, I'm as new as a newcomer in the series

    -My first boss is Last Giant, simple going, normal playthrough, I ran away on Pursuer not knowing he'll leave after that
    -Then didn't know what to do next, I thought the giant was the area boss, so I went back and farmed till I can survive the majula hole with VIT farming with souls
    -Killed Royal Rat Vanguard, wasted all my Lockstones on that area not knowing what those do
    -First time in the Gutter I missed out on the bonfire, I didn't have a bonfire on that entire area until I got to gulch, that was a nightmare of slow walking and not to mention I didn't know how to use the torch! I fell on all the planks that are trap falls.

    -Gulch was also a nightmare with those poison spitters, either I destroy my weapon beating those or waste so much time punching one at a time, I couldn't boss run that area till the Rotten, I missed out on all other secrets in that area.

    -Killed rotten after a ton of tries when I finally took my time to destroy all statues and kill all hand monsters, then I didn't know what to do next

    -I got randomly a yore branch somewhere, I explored and cured the pyromancer girl, went through the foggy area, then reached the bonfire with the lion on the right that's a statue

    -I got to that end of the bridge where you'd get a status on you when you walk on the end, I thought it was petrification, and I thought "ok, this is not the area yet, I'll get an item to be immune to petrification" and missed out on any other items in that area again

    -I went back and explored the entirety of gutter thinking I missed out, I discovered the bonfire only and not much else

    -I finally explored a lot of areas I've went in, and finally got to realize that the shaded ruins was not petrification! It was just curse D: So I explored then for some blind reason I didn't see the pathway to where it should lead, I only thought it was a random area. so I went back and explored again

    -I just realized on that sewer that I visited before that there was a damn switch to open the gate, I was hoping it's a shortcut that would lead me back to majula, not a path to go into another area!

    -So with how far I am and how much I killed, I destroyed this area, arrowed the dragon, killed ornstein and dragonrider clean due to how much I've already played and went to the pirate cave

    -Finished pirate cave easy due to how over leveled I am given I kept exploring areas and not knowing where to go but farm. I almost killed the Dwarf Wheel guy thinking I thought he was an enemy until his dialogue appeared on the subtitles and realized he's an NPC, thank god for subtitle dialogues

    -also before I miss, I get tons of effigies from random farming and actually surprised I've gotten all important NPCs so far on their side missions that they should survive their boss fights, I'm mentioning this because Lucatiel I heard was a hard side mission where she should survive all her fights and I got that without knowing how hard that was
    -So I killed Sentry, went to the castle area, killed the golden soldiers, then not know where to go after getting the belfry gargoyles and getting the Dragon Tooth, so I went back again exploring XD, I don't like looking at guides, I only search guides after I explored all areas I know and still not know where to go

    -I think this is the point I went to huntsman copse after exploring that the miracle woman would turn the valve or something

    -finished copse simply, harvest valley was ok, earthen peak, those manikins are inconsistent bastards, sometimes they'll stunlock you to death, sometimes they don't

    -then one of the most asshole stages, Iron keep, might I add that I went through this whole stage only having the bonfire that's near the pursuer area, I missed every other bonfire again, so everytime I fell into the lava, killed by those asshole turtle knights, I have to run through the whole area once again, and then we get to the Lava demon, I died quite a lot, but it's another one of those just keep calm, he's a slow boss, then you'll kill him, but took me like 6 tries, it's not the boss, it's the huge freaking path I had to run to get to him that's destroying me, so i killed the demon and it's another dead end, so time to explore once again

    -I can't remember specifically, but I think I got back exploring shaded ruins and found about about the path to the scorpion lady boss, then finished those areas simply with over leveled exploring,

    -Rat authority kicked my ass, took me 10 tries till I changed my tactics to just stay under him because all the rat's attacks are swipes, thus the satisfaction of killing a "hard boss" felt again

    -Went to the area, cleared the 2 headed spider and realized that there was a pattern of "big boss souls", i didn't know what the story or what to do, I just found out about there are 4 big boss souls only this point in the game

    -at this point I think I read where to go because I was just lost, and learned about a secret boss, and we all know who's that super cheap boss is, the darklurker side quest

    -8 tries, 8 effigies, 8 times I have to go back and kill 3 jerks before getting to the darklurker before killing it, I had to change my equipment for every dark spirit to match them, havel had a club build, fencer guy got a knife, pyromancer had a dual wield. then go to dark lurker. my strat was to run in circles as his attacks can't hit me if I'm dodging with less than 50% weight, thus I attack him once and run in circles again, it took a while but it got the job done

    -I forgot that, that was just a side quest, then read more in the wiki, finished some bosses like the defender watcher, the double dragonrider

    -Shrine of amana wasn't as bad as people say it was, just be patient and kill all enemies one by one using a crossbow, do not run pass that area with everyone alive, you will be caught by something, one try of slowly killing the water lizards and the casters will save you enough time than dying again and again trying to run past everyone. I killed the ugly frog boss, and cleaned up more quests up to that point

    -Some point I can't remember, but I hated that gravestones where zombies and ghosts area where bells exist, horrible place

    -so I think at this point I think I jumbled a bit of the timeline here, but I killed the lost sinner easy with the NPCs helping me and I just crossbowed my way out to safety once again, bosses aren't hard if you have NPCs helping you, sorry people who make a rule of no summons, if it's there, there's no reason not to do it

    -I already have all 4 boss souls and not know where to go... again, this is where I bring up the fex wiki, and lo and behold, all the missed big things I just saw. About Ornifex and the other mage guy who makes boss souls weapons, tons of bonfires, secret items, NPCs, I didn't also know Maughlin would add boss sets, I just bought the strongest armor he got from the first time and never talked to him again. so in this part I read and cleaned every missed part I got using the wiki

    -So I read how to enter the DLC sunken king, this area whooped my ass into just finally running and skipping every enemy rather than fighting them one by one, till I got to the bonfire with the dinosaurs

    -I cleaned the area slowly and surely knowing I know where the bonfire is, got some people still helping other people online! Thank you Souls community! I beat the sunken king DLC bosses, the trio, the dragon first try with how good the people who helped! crossbow strat once again

    -So now I know where to find DLCs, i went on the next area on my mind, which lead me to Ivory king DLC

    -first playthough I randomly put a summon sign trying to test it out on DLC areas, then a person invited me and we burst through the entire map till we get to the snowtiger and the host died, with all the knowledge of the area, I finished it easily, but, till I got to the woman who removed the snow, it all changed

    -I tried exploring every area, and the rolling hedgehogs destroying me, saving the sitting knights was probably the entire DLC experience for me up to that point

    -So now with exploring, I saw a coffin near a bonfire... People who know about this area knows how much I hated this area. This is probably my most hated experience in the game, it's not hard, it's not cheap, it's just long and dragging ass, I'm waiting for the blizzard to clear, I don't know where to go, I went 5 times back and forth thinking a castle will appear, not knowing till all the time wasted there was a bridge, then the cat bosses sandwiched me and killed me in 3 strikes in 2 seconds. Then I revived realizing how much I have to backtrack to get there.

    -after an hour, I finally destroyed those cats knowing that all I needed was the NPC summons that will keep the cats busy while I crossbowed from afar.

    -now I'm going for the last DLC which is the Iron king! Wish me luck! I hope the blizzard is already the worst part!

    What an experience, pretty sure experts and veterans would laugh on how a newcomer who don't know about the game just bumble their way into finishing the game

    For me with playing Dark Souls 3 probably up to Vordt till I stopped back then to finish other games, I thought this game would be a walk in the park, but it still was just as hard!

    Thus if I had a hard time, and learning the bosses and slowly getting progress, seeing different areas, big bosses, hard experiences, then that's dark souls experience that I enjoy.

    I'd rather have this experience than any other overrated game these days ehem, I don't wanna name a few, but you guys know what a boring overrated game is when it's not hard and has no difficulty, no good mods and achievement satisfaction and it's just boring generic game play and getting no satisfying items and rewards, nope, not naming games

    All in all, I loved Dark Souls 2! If this is what people consider as the worst, then hell yeah I'd love to see what happens in other souls games. If this is what the Dark Souls series experience is! I can't wait for my playthrough on Dark Souls 1, finishing Dark Souls 3. Waiting for PS5 for Demon Souls! And later... Bloodborne! I even want to try out Code Vein, Nioh and Sekiro with how much fun souls genre is!

    Praise the Sun! Thank you to all who are still helping people online on hard bosses with your summon signs! You're the MVP!

    submitted by /u/mrsafetylion
    [link] [comments]

    Input Delay

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:41 PM PST

    I've managed to get to Fume Knight before saying fuck it, because this shit is impossible without precise dodges.

    There is this 1 second input delay that is making this game near impossible to beat, how do I fix it?

    I'm playing on PC with an XBox One Controller with a USB cable, but this shouldn't matter because there's input delay on keyboard aswell...

    Do you guys also have this delay? I know its not buffering either because if I tap A (controller) it takes almost 1 second for my character to backstep.

    submitted by /u/kingstone213
    [link] [comments]

    After 76 attempts I did it. I beat the game without dying.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 06:42 PM PST

    I am so happy. I've been wanting to do this for so long. Ever since I beat the game, I decided I want to try this challenge run. Next on my list is SL1. Wish me luck.

    submitted by /u/Esion_Evaworcim
    [link] [comments]

    Heide lance

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:31 PM PST

    Is there any chance that the heide knight in the gutter will drop me the heide lance in ng plus? Not to be confused with heide greatlance

    submitted by /u/RucajKlobasy
    [link] [comments]

    Need a backup weapon for the Heide's Spear

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:26 PM PST

    I'm doing I'm starting a FTH/DEX build and I'm having some trouble against multiple enemies. What's a weapon with good crowd control and still have good damage when infused with a boltstone?

    submitted by /u/gu_gu_da_da
    [link] [comments]

    Aldia Appreciation Thread

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:13 PM PST

    He was with us the shortest yet I remember him best. Such an amazing foil to the player character. I got chills listening to his dialogue, no matter what he said, it struck a chord. I don't suppose we'll ever know his story, but it doesn't matter. It adds to his image. Only Lucatiel and the Fair Lady have ever made me feel anything this profound. I shiver at his lines and design on the whole. And the way he greets you at the throne of want is something I find tear wrenching.

    " Many monarchs have come and gone. One drowned in poison, another succumbed to flame. Still another slumbers in a realm of ice. Not one of them stood here, as you do, now. You! Conqueror of adversities! Give us your answer. "

    It actually made me imagine what it would feel like facing such a thing, after it greeted me in that way. Never have I felt so threatened by a fictional character, and it makes me think I may be a bit special but dear me. For some reason, the lines make me cry. Maybe because I missed out on so much in life and come back to ds2 every now and then to forget about that bit.

    Something of a rant here. I felt like sharing though. Cheers to this community!

    submitted by /u/dustcookie
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I infinitely farm human effigies early?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 03:13 AM PST

    I keep dying on some rooms on lost bastille due to how miniscule my health is since im always at max hollow form. I don't wanna exhaust all of my human effigies everytime I get max hollow.

    Edit: Oh yeah also im playing the original dark souls 2 from my brother's old PS3

    submitted by /u/sAD_bOi423
    [link] [comments]

    Need any form of help with ancient dragon sotfs ps4 will give boss souls for help

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:28 PM PST

    Just reply my soul memory is 1631213 I have about 12 souls will give you two if you help me out

    submitted by /u/Poopisgud
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 Is My Favorite Souls Game

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 07:49 PM PST

    I've dabbled in Dark Souls 3 and 1, but Dark Souls 2 always stuck out to me as the true golden egg of the souls-borne franchise. I just love the deep lore of the world, the themes of the rise and fall of empires connect to me, with my fear of my own country's destruction. Although there are some BS hitboxes, this game will always be my favorite. Oh, and don't even get me started on DarkLurker. Please post opinions in the comments! Edit: Thanks for the Silver!

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulsPlaya69
    [link] [comments]

    Any interesting place where I can be easily summoned to farm sunlight medals?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Pretty much the title. I need to farm 22 sunlight medals for the achievements on maxed out pacts and the master of miracles. I have already tried offline farming but the enemies keep disappearing and I don't want to use all of my adversity embers on this.

    I am SL 153, and I play in PS4.

    submitted by /u/Eloyxillo
    [link] [comments]

    Original or Scholar?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:23 PM PST

    Just finished Dark Souls 1 and I wanna play the rest of the series. I have an Xbox 360 and a PS4. I intend to buy the next game digitally as well. The original is $20 (360), scholar is $40 (PS4). I don't care too much about multiplayer. Also, which one is less frustrating? Which one should I get?

    Edit: After days of thinking bout it, I finally bit the bullet and bought Scholar. Thanks for the advice y'all, hope this is gonna be a fun time.

    submitted by /u/Shwin280
    [link] [comments]

    My game is stuck like this, any help?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:21 PM PST

    Here it is.

    I used to play it perfectly, until couple days ago it just broke. I made no changes to my pc. The game is open in the background, when I click I can hear THE sound of the menu, and alt+enter doesn't make it go fullscreen. That's all the info I guess. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/kronkoft
    [link] [comments]

    Character's hurtbox while crouching?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:15 PM PST

    Just found this on a comment in a youtube video showcasing a case of low adp and the pursuer deceiving thrusting blue sword attack.

    https://gfycat.com/gravebasickite

    Is that for real or fake? Given how people usually say DS2 is the one with the worst hitboxes (but most of the time it's due to low adp or animation lazyness), most would expect the pursuer to hit the crouching guy.

    It reminds me of this in DS3:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-gRtIbllw0

    Edit: Just noticed the cloth physics after the pursuer attack, slightly more noticeable in DS2 than in DS3.

    submitted by /u/AxelBrionac
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment