• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 26, 2020

    Dark Souls I finally beat Dark Souls!!

    Dark Souls I finally beat Dark Souls!!


    I finally beat Dark Souls!!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 01:48 AM PST

    I'm so happy, this is hands down my biggest achievement when it comes to gaming!!

    I first played this game at 13 years old back in 2013, couldn't beat the asylum demon and got so mad that I sold it straight back. I got back into it a few years later but could never crack Blighttown. Well I decided to start playing again a few days ago and told myself I wouldn't stop until I have the achievement of beating this game under my belt.

    Well, 76 levels and 22 hours later and I'm here! What an amazing game, I can't wait to start the second!

    submitted by /u/SCVM-Cypher
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion:Tomb of giants is 10x worse than blight town

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 05:11 AM PST

    At least in blight town you can SEE

    Edit:I did not think this would blow up like it did holy moly

    submitted by /u/Cheesy117
    [link] [comments]

    I hit 1M Souls for the first time!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Title says it all. I managed to get my soul count to 999,984 and decided to give the honor to the first undead on the stairway to the aqueduct. Praise the Sun! [T]/

    submitted by /u/mikeleachisme
    [link] [comments]

    Fanart: Artorias meets Sif

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 03:08 AM PST

    Artorias meets Sif

    When they met for the first time....

    little fanart:)

    submitted by /u/KillerGmbH
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy the Crest of Artorias?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:33 PM PST

    Does opening the door with this jave any significance/worth the 20,000 souls? Also, how do I get "Divine weapons", and turn these special souls (like this Ornstein soul for example) into weapons? I got three of them and got no clue what to do with them

    submitted by /u/Spicy_Ramen11
    [link] [comments]

    Just lost 400k souls and 10 humanity to the fucking wheel skeletons in the well.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:54 PM PST

    I've never felt such rage and despair before, right after grinding souls with the spear snails I lost it all to the fucking wheel skeletons

    submitted by /u/asapdios
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I only like DS1?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:45 AM PST

    So I played DS1, DS3, Sekiro and am now around half through BB.

    While all games are ‚good' - the only one I find truly amazing is DS1. Is this an unpopular opinion here? Most people say that everyone should play all games and that they all have their strengths / weaknesses - and while I have not played DS2 yet (certainly will), I have the strong feeling that no other from soft title will resonate that strongly with me...

    I am not sure what exactly makes DS1 so special but I think a huge part is the open and connected world that is not that linear and the fact that you can't fast travel from start. As well as the location variety (I feel like Sekiro, BB and DS3 all look exactly the same from start to finish while in DS1 you have so many different looking areas that have a more unique vibe). I also think the challenges varied so much more. In DS3 and Sekiro it's all about hard bosses. In DS1 the Capra demon fight is more a challenge because of the level design, I was pissed so hard until I figured the staircase strategy. Or when you get cursed in the bottom of the great hollow and no idea how to fix it... I never experienced this in the newer titles.

    What's your take on this?

    submitted by /u/jekey123
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad that....

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 04:37 PM PST

    Ok so I've been playing through the Dark Souls series recently...I came back to DSR and then on to DS2 and now I've started DS3. My daughter, who has just turned 4 recently, has watched me play through the series...SO is it bad that now every time I make a character I have to make an additional character that she picks everything for (mostly she goes for sorcerer) but also is it bad that instead of playing with her paw patrols or barbies or stuffed animals she now grabs anything remotely wand length and goes around magic-ing the bad guys, she also walks up to our space heater and rests at her bonfire. I personally think it's awesome and enjoy playing with her, but is it bad she does this... even around other kids her age who have no idea what she's talking about 🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    submitted by /u/bizzleva14
    [link] [comments]

    Fanart: Biiig Sif

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 04:10 AM PST

    Big old Sif

    Sif when he gets really big.
    was intended as Sif meets Artorias but i learned today that Sif was small when they met :)

    submitted by /u/KillerGmbH
    [link] [comments]

    To whoever helped me beat ornstein and smough on xbox live at about 9:00 pm cst, thank you!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:48 PM PST

    If you're reading this, for whatever reason, thank you. At about 9:00 pm cst, I was about to fight ornstein and smough for (probably) the last time before giving up, or at least taking a break for a couple months.

    My character's name was "p2", and you were using some kind of glaive-looking weapon. We first killed the silver knight behind the stairs, which I parried then you finished off. We then went into the room where the two chests containing the silver knight set is. we went up the stairs, avoiding the second spear-knight. While in the room with the royal sentinels, you distracted them while I got solaire. After that, we went on to kill ornstein first.

    Because of the way xbox works, I wasn't able to say thank you.

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/WithAPhantom
    [link] [comments]

    New player

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:19 PM PST

    Should I start with DS1 remastered or DS3?

    submitted by /u/mattrasmo1423
    [link] [comments]

    How Good is the Zweihander?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:18 PM PST

    I like the name, the design, the damage, the range, but it's sooooo fucking slow. How good is the Zweihander PVP and PVE wise? And how good are they against the Undead Dogs in Lower Undead Burg? I feel like I'll get staggered and die from bleed damage before I can even hit them.

    submitted by /u/Dochan63
    [link] [comments]

    I want to beat Gwyn but he is destroying me

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 04:13 AM PST

    It's my first playthrough and it's been one of the best experiences of my life, so I want to finish it the way it was meant to be, no parrying. But he shits on me easily. I can't even drink estus he charges at me and the obstacles don't protect me like they did in O&S fight. So any tips besides killing him with parries?

    submitted by /u/Rodaen77
    [link] [comments]

    A big thank you to the two random guys I summoned who helped me beat O&S for the first time.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Didn't catch your usernames, but you saved my bacon. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/breakthebat3
    [link] [comments]

    do i have to play ds1 first or can i go with ds2

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 01:10 AM PST

    so i really wanna play dark souls and there is steam sales but first game isn't on sale. so can i play ds2 first or do i have to play in order. i cant afford ds1 rn because its 120 liras in my country but ds2 is 30 rn

    submitted by /u/CarrY_0
    [link] [comments]

    Grinding to make it easier

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:31 PM PST

    I'm about to play a souls game for the first time and I'm worried about the difficulty, can I just grind souls to upgrade my character in DS1 remastered? I play on ps4

    submitted by /u/mattrasmo1423
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to kill Ornstein and Smough at once?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:51 PM PST

    Let's say that you're able to bring Ornstein and Smough's health just low enough that they're one hit from death, and you land the final blow onto both of them at the same. Would you be able to end the fight then and there, and get a unique cutscene? Then if you arent able to do this, would the game soft lock, or would the game switch to the custcene to whoever dies last and reset their health to max with their new ability?

    submitted by /u/Spicy_Ramen11
    [link] [comments]

    Skull lantern and hidden

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:47 PM PST

    I've killed 3 necromancers and gotten two skull lanterns which is enough to trade one to Snuggly and keep one for use. I saw that it can show hidden routes and walls in certain areas, so my question is does it reveal all hidden routes?

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls used to scare me, but I finally got the platinum and I can confirm O&S still suck after 70 hours.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:00 PM PST

    I know a lot of people say that Dark Souls changed them and what not. I may not have experienced such a profound sense of enlightenment as that, but I can definitely say DSR was my personal best game of 2020.

    I bought bloodborne 3 years ago, wanted to pick it up and see what all the fuss was about. I knew it was a souls game and expected the toughness, but I gave up before even progressing past the first boss. I put it down and decided it wasn't for me, all good, whatever.

    But I found myself really seeking a challenge this year, and with Demon Souls Remake out I wanted to sink my teeth into a souls game again. I came across a good deal on the trilogy box set and thought, what the hell I'll start with the first Dark Souls and see what happens.

    I didn't expect to be so pulled into this game world, I almost didn't understand why people loved this game to the level they did until I found myself beating Gwyn and starting NG+ without blinking. I just wanted more of this. My first playthrough was ROUGH: the Taurus demon, the gargoyles, O&S, you name it, I struggled. But pushing through the whole game was so incredible, that I know I am going to miss the feeling of understated dread that I had the first time to took the stairs upwards from Firelink Shrine. I totally get why people find that first, blind playthrough so sacred now.

    Fast forward to me getting to Anor Londo in NG++, after meticulously planning out my NG+ run, and essentially speedrunning NG++ to Giant Blacksmith to finish the trophy hunt. I realised I had forgotten to upgrade a random shield to get the Greatshield of Artorias for Knights Honor. I couldn't be bothered walking back to the parish to upgrade so I decided I'd just take on O&S one last time so I could warp back, it was one last hurrah for the platinum. I'd beaten them twice (both with sunbro to be fair), but this time I skipped Solaire for the sake of speeding through, so I had to take them on solo. But I knew what I was up against, it would be fine.

    It was not fine. For some reason O&S held that coveted platinum trophy away from me for at least 30-40 deaths, I felt myself getting frustrated, annoyed, leaping up after every death. I hadn't felt it quite that much for a while. I tried killing Ornstein first, I tried killing Smough first, every strategy I could think of. I found myself dying and thinking "don't go hollow you're almost there" and trying to change my loadout to fight them more effectively. At my 20th death I felt like I should've just walked back to Andre and then back up through Sen's, it would've been faster. But at this point I was set on beating them. When I finally blasted Mega Smough with a two-handed slap of my Great Lord Greatsword, the feeling was just as incredible as that first blind playthrough. I took the lordvessel, upgraded the shield and got the platinum, finally.

    This game is awesome, and I can't wait to come back and play it again with a slightly fresh mind. I know I'm gonna miss this experience. DS2 here I come.

    TL;DR: I planned my NG++ badly and ended up getting slapped up by O&S 40 times just so I could teleport back to undead parish.

    submitted by /u/moonstrong
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered: Andre won’t upgrade past +5 even with large ember

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:07 PM PST

    So I'm like 99% sure I gave him the large ember and the option to upgrade +6-10 doesn't show up at all. I'll upgrade to +5 and it just stops there and doesn't show up. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Playboi_Nate
    [link] [comments]

    My Demon Firesage Hypothesis

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 01:04 AM PST

    Hello, I hope you are well!

    There's a hypothesis about the Demon Firesage & their race in relation to Dark Souls 1 lore that I'd like to get some critiques of, if that's ok.

    I propose the Firesage Race of Demons are Mutant Dragon-kins from the Age of Ancients that caused the First Flame via their Fire Arts, mutating their bodies & creating "disparity" in their Grey World that brough on the Age of Fire. Afterwards the Firesages taught Fire Sorcery in Izalith City, as "the flames faded", assisting the Witch Izalith & her "Daughters" in recreating the First Flame (itself named the Bed of Chaos) & further mutating their bodies into Horned Demons. Afterwards, they guarded the Northern Undead Asylum & Lost Izalith as penance for how they changed the world.

    Made a post Over Here so I could have a few reference pictures. Much longer over there.

    Your thoughts are all appreciated. Thank you, I really mean it.

    Stay safe out there, Undead.

    submitted by /u/Proctor_Conley
    [link] [comments]

    My Artorias Fanart

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:44 AM PST

    Desperataion at its finest

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:30 PM PST

    Well i was scammed for two STACKS of hero souls and was wondering if anyone could donate souls am on ps4 and would be more than grateful thank you if tou feel generous enough and if you aren't understandable have a nice day

    submitted by /u/chefbeefncheese
    [link] [comments]

    petrus gone?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 04:24 AM PST

    I accidentally hit petrus after his lady was gone after i get to the depth, then i fight him and fall of a cliff, now he is gone and at his place there is a humanity, what do i do?

    submitted by /u/im_dead_already
    [link] [comments]

    What is the youngest person you know to beat DS1?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 04:04 AM PST

    I heard someone's 11yo younger brother on discord beat it, which is very impressive.

    I've wanted DS since I was 13 but I got it when I was 14 (I like action-adventure games a lot) and I got it a month ago and currently I am trying to get the lord souls, but I haven't had much time to play so it might take me a while to beat it.

    submitted by /u/RaihanHA
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment