• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 26, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 FINALLY I DID IT SCREW YOU IRON KEEP

    Dark Souls 2 FINALLY I DID IT SCREW YOU IRON KEEP


    FINALLY I DID IT SCREW YOU IRON KEEP

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:28 AM PST

    After 4 hours I finally got through iron keep and beat the old iron king. I died so many times that I killed all of the enemies up to the last few turtles so many times that they stopped spawning. So many deaths. So many tries. Thank souls I finally got all 4 great souls

    submitted by /u/YoPaxx
    [link] [comments]

    I'm an idiot...

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:32 AM PST

    So for those of you who didnt know, SOTFS IS ON SALE CURRENTLY ON STEAMMMMM.

    And with that I rushed to my wallet, pull out my card and bought this awesome gameeeee.

    Created character, blah blah, 3 hours in and decided to farm at heide. Beat the dragonborn rider and accidentally used up his soul before realizing I actually need em for the Dragonrider bow (dumbass alert). So I used an aescetic, killed the rider again and yay....before realizing that the Heide Knight are now agroing on me and I'm too weak to handle them and other big guys and all the other guys and HOLY @@@@ THERES A DRAGON?

    I felt like I need to restart the character since its impossible to farm the tower now...should I?

    submitted by /u/NeedHelpWithShiit
    [link] [comments]

    Player test animation from the network test

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 07:51 AM PST

    all dlcs bosses with my beloved sanctum crossbow

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 07:51 AM PST

    I was curious to see how he would shine against dlcs bosses, not so bad for now, even with the awful recovery time after each shot.

    Here's the first on my list Raime (don't have my usual adp so this was not glorious): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNsXJoAz0XQ&t=336s

    Next stop Elana.

    Here she comes (spoiler alert this was a nightmare) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_D6JYYgjlps

    It's Aava time https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9CuFvuOdHbI

    submitted by /u/ggskalala
    [link] [comments]

    I did new ng+ 7 fume knight no hit!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:51 AM PST

    So I was using bonfire ascetics on fume knight and fought him on each different bonfire level. I didn't even mean it but 3 quarters through the fight against fume knight on ng+ 7 difficulty I realised I hadn't taken a single hit and somehow I managed to do it without taking a hit!

    submitted by /u/Stankystonky
    [link] [comments]

    WHO IS THIS GUY??

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 05:25 AM PST

    recently i was playing Dark Souls 2 at my old Xbox 360 and I saw a enemy with a awesome armor at forest of fallen giants near a tree and i liked his appearance and the mistery of just be there and dont attack you and stopped playing on Xbox but today i started the game on my pc by the version Scholar of the first sin and he disappeard! From Software changed the place where he is or something like that??? Or just deleted him?

    submitted by /u/BattierTub97
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST BEAT DARK SOULS 2!!!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:36 PM PST

    Gonna try and %100 the game and then get sotfs to play dlc.

    Also gonna do some pvp.

    submitted by /u/YabosBos
    [link] [comments]

    I finished Dark Souls 2!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:43 PM PST

    Hey guys!

    I just finished Dark Souls 2 SOTFS. All 41 bosses down and my fourth Soulborne in the bag. I like making lists so I've listed how I found the bosses easiest to hardest.

    I used an Ultra Greatsword before switching to the Red Iron Twin Blade so that will reflect how easy or difficult a boss was. I've only played through once so that'll also show up with some early game bosses been difficult because I just didn't know certain things about DS2.

    Defining the difficulty is easy enough for me, 0 Deaths is embarrassing as I'm not a good Souls player. Less than 2 is an easy boss but I often do a scouting run before committing so this allows for this kind of fight. Average, this ranges from, 'I died more than twice but not enough to be humbled entirely' to, I'm thankful for the Ring of Binding. Hall of Fame, the hardest in the game and in the series. Bosses so difficult the routes to them started to have enemies despawn.

    ~0 Deaths~

    1. Prowling Magus and Congregation
      I wouldn't have known this was a boss fight if it wasn't for the health bar.
      1. Covetous Demon
        Slow, predictable, and a none threat. It wouldn't have been an issue if he was a standard enemy.
      2. Scorpioness Najka
        I ran in with no Estus left and still killed her. I just ran to her side and got caught between her legs while she just spun around. Easy kill from there.
      3. The Giant Lord
        At this point in the game a massive slow enemy really wasn't an issue. Bite those ankles for the win.
      4. Nashandra
        I fought her second to last so was more than able to tank her Curse while just chipping away at her health bar.
      5. Alida of the First Sin
        Fought last. I was able to two shot him more or less while he charged his spirit bomb. Tank the firebomb and then just go ham while he charges it again.
      6. Royal Rat Authority
        I was using a sweeping weapon. So I just Beybladed around the room until the health bar was gone.
      7. Guardian Dragon
        Nothing to say about this guy. He made me use some Estus and so was moved away from the bottom of the list for that reason alone.
      8. Old Dragon Slayer
        Getting to this boss was way harder than he was! Those white cloaks teach you the meaning of ADP (Or speed) and learnt that lesson I did. The boss himself was slow and easy once you get to him.
      9. Belfry Gargoyles
        Probably an eyebrow raiser? Well when I went through the fog the first Gargoyle just stood and watched. So, I downed him. Then the second came, did a big attack, missed, so I killed him. By the time the final guys showed up I was nowhere near been overwhelmed so just waited for their big wind up and long cooldowns and punished them.
      10. Burnt Ivory King
        What to say here? The King himself was a cake walk after Fume and Alonne and the build up to the fight was just baiting one fighter over to yourself and then punishing the bad AI. Looked cool though.
      11. Flexible Sentry
        Prior to my learning the importance of ADP I was just shielding hits and it was working. Many of my early fights were slow, which was fine until the boat started to fill with water. Fortunately, the sentry wasn't too bothered about punishing my hyper aggression when I panicked.
      12. The Dukes Dear Freja
        Probably the first puzzle boss on my list. Fortunately, just holding a torch to ward off the Spiders was taught super early in the game so I knew what to do, then just switch heads too avoid the death beam for an easy kill.
      13. Lud and Zallen
        So my game probably glitched out here because I had a very different fight to the one you see on youtube. Namely Lud and Zallen both spawned together and had blacked out health bars. You'd think this would make it so much more difficult right? Well it would, had the two not decided to attack each other instead of me. My issue was not getting stomped in the middle of them.

    ~Less than 2~

    1. The Last Giant
      The first boss in the game. I honestly died to greed and hubris rather than difficulty. Just stay under him, stab him, and avoid been stomped on.
      1. Skeleton Lords
        Ah a near flawless run, all but one Lord down and then I turned around and saw skeleton wheels flying at me back by an army. The second time I fought them however, I figured, down a lord. Then hunt for the skeletons. Just keep on top of them and it's an easy win.
      2. Elana the Squalid Queen
        When she hits, she hurts! But that'll happen like once or twice and then the rest of the time she'll just teleport away from you. I found been hyper aggressive worked well for me and she just fled after a beating.
      3. Sinh the Slumbering Dragon
        My favourite fight in the game. He felt like a real nemesis that was fairly matched to me. Not too quick, not too tanky, not too high a damage output, and then I killed him. Maybe it's just because I recently tackled Midir and so a dragon fight like this was easy but satisfying.

    ~Average~

    1. Ruin Sentinels
      I wish I could score these lower but I fell off the ledge on low HP and died to fall damage more than these guys themselves. Take the first guys out quick. When the second jumps up, do what you can, and when three shows up on the ledge. Jump to the floor, watch them spin to not win and then punish them.
      1. Velstadt
        Slow and predictable. If I didn't try and parry him and fail twice, he would have been a less than two deaths. Just dodge his attack and stab when you can. Basic combat.
      2. Vendrick
        Our first puzzle boss that wasn't a pushover! He isn't bad and the puzzle itself does let us explore more of the game. But I tried to fight him after every giant soul I got. Until I eventually had all of them and became a pushover.
      3. The Lost Sinner
        Another puzzle fight. This will become a theme. In the dark, she's a nightmare to track and risk healing in. With the area lit up. It's a fairly quick fight. Shout out to those mad hit box lags though.
      4. Executioners Chariot
        My favourite fight pre DLC. I just love the spectacle. Sadly, it's just another puzzle boss and not an overly difficult one. Kill the necromancers and you're golden.
      5. Mytha the Baneful Queen
        Another puzzle boss? Sigh. Fight her in the acid and you're in for a hard fight. Burn the windmill and ruin the local economy and she's way easier. Just watch out for her throwing her head at you. It caught me out a few times.
      6. Old Iron King
        I didn't fall in his hole. No, this dude turned into a fire type Pokemon with an endless supply of Exlirs for Flamethrower. He just wouldn't stop. Had I had a ranged weapon at the time of the fight, it might have been easy. As it was, he just caught me over and over in the fire when my patience ran out.
      7. Demon of Song
        My least favourite design of a boss in all of souls. Fortunately, I was tanky enough to just endure his slaps but I still has to look at him, yikes.
      8. Dragonrider
        Everyone has something in Souls they're not great at, me, it's humanoids bosses. I don't even know what my issue is with him, I'd stab him in the back and he'd just swing round knocking me off the platform.
      9. The Rotten
        This was the fight I began to notice my shield was becoming irrelevant. Once I stopped trying to block and started rolling, he was a piece of cake.
      10. Throne Defender and Watcher
        The watcher (I think) is slightly faster than the Defender. Bait her out and away form the defender and they're easy once isolated. It's an end game fight as well so you should have a full build.
      11. Aava
        Something about the lunges was just difficult for me to read for a while. I'm not sure why. My only advise for this is to be happy doing more scouting and not rushing as much as I did.
      12. Looking Glass Knight
        The first boss that was a real problem. Or rather his knees were. Seriously I try rolling past the dude then got stuck on one of his knees 50% of the time. I eventually took him out when I remembered I could coat my weapons. I'd also recommend a fresh coat of lightening when he summons a phantom. Wait for his super armour to disappear then unleash everything.
      13. Twin Dragonriders
        I don't know why but I hate these guys. Every time I fought them, I got bullied into a corner and ganked into death. The only reason I was able to get past them was because the archer dropped off the ledge and I was able to bait it into melee combat.
      14. The Pursuer
        It happens every souls game. I meet a wall I just cannot get past for ages really early in the game. Tarous Demon, Cleric Beast, Rotted Greatwood. This guy was my wall. Of course, he probably wouldn't have been had I invested in ADP earlier. But I didn't, so I got beaten around the arena for ages before eventually fluking a win.
      15. Royal Rat Vanguard
        I don't even have an issue with the toxic minions. I had a sweeping weapon to remove them. However, the hit box on the Rats charge is about the size of the arena so that just constantly took me out. If you can get under him, you're in with a shot. But if you're like me you'll be charged down long before you can even think of getting there.
      16. Smelter Demon
        Awkward timings, constant damage for strafing, a questionable hit box? All the things soul players hate. I came back way later as he's an optional boss and just out tanked him. Thank God I had bigger numbers than him.
      17. Ancient Dragon
        His big and tanky. And the fire breath is a one hit KO for most. I found a weakness in his AI where I got under his back legs and smacked one, then waited for a stomp, then smacked the opposite leg. It took a while but it worked.

    ~Hall Of Fame~

    1. Darkluker
      This fight is difficult mostly because of the high damager output. Even as a tank I was been sliced up. Fortunately, he doesn't have too much health or defence so I could cut him in two. And when he does split in two, he has twice as many attacks with the same damage. I finally beat him after baiting both forms of him together and seeping both at once hitting multiple times.
      1. Gank Squad
        More hit and runs than a Simpsons game. It's a slow, slow, fight that I found have very few gaps for error. My advice to strugglers is just hit someone once, then run. Take out the archer, then whoever you can isolate.
      2. Smelter Demon (DLC)
        Special shout out to the route getting to him but that might honestly be why I didn't place him first. Because getting too him was as much a pain as he was to fight. All of the same issues as before but now in blue and slightly faster with no power level to exploit. If you can bait him into some of those lunging sky attacks, they're a great chance to get some heals in.
      3. Sir Alonne
        The first of two bosses I don't think belong in this game. DS3 or Bloodborne, yes. But DS2 I found so much slower, so he felt out of place. He could easily be the hardest. I finally worked out his patterns and that rolling left is apparently his weakness, if timed right.
      4. Fume Knight
        The second of two bosses who has the speed and stamina of a much faster game. He takes top spot not just because of the damage, speed and health, but also because he varies up his attacks which mean both ranger and close quarters is a difficult fight. All of the top 3 are amongst the hardest bosses I've fought so it's a photo finish for the hardest.

    Anyway, did anyone have a boss that massively stuck out as either way harder or way easier than my list or the community opinion?

    submitted by /u/irobarmstrong
    [link] [comments]

    Why did Vendrick not link the fire?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:46 PM PST

    Hey, guys!

    I know this have been discussed here and everywhere else to exhaustion, but, after all that and all these years, I'm still not convinced. So, here it is:

    Why did Vendrick not link the fire?

    I believe there are two common answers:

    i) He eventually realized Nashandra nefarious intentions. This is the standard -- and most likely correct -- answer. Ok. But how, exactly, did this made him decide not to link the fire?

    Was it the fear of physically leading her to the kiln of the first flame? But if that happened, what could follow? I can't imagine that Vendrick, being a soul master strong enough to be Gwyn's heir, would be defeated by her. But even if he did, what would she do next? She wasn't interested in linking the fire and if the question was always simply to protect his soul, then linking or not the fire plays no part in the situation. He could just head to the kiln ready to fight as he would be anywhere else. Instead, he just, in an arbitrary moment, decided to hide and protect his soul, not linking the fire.

    ii) The other possible answer, which could be connected to the first one, is that he had agreed with his brother, coming to believe that neither linking the fire nor letting a dark age start was the right choice.

    But, if this is the case, what exactly is Nashandra's decisive role in the story?

    Any insights, alternative views and discussions are greatly appreciated.

    Random addendum: I have just finished Dark Souls 3 and can now say, having a total of something close to 800 hours on the 3 games combined, that Dark Souls 2 is by far the superior one in every way, including (and specially) lore -- except, perhaps, on Boss designs.

    submitted by /u/Unitary_Gauge
    [link] [comments]

    SPOILERS: Where are the bosses in The Old Iron king?!?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 05:59 AM PST

    I've stabbed my way around this godforsaken tower for hours now! I've been promised a blue fmale-boy, a massive sword dude and a fucking samurai - but all i can find it his armour and like 14 mini-samurais!

    I've also found about 17 bois who use bows with their minds, 9 Father Ariandels and some oiled up fatties!

    WHERE ARE THE BOSSES?! I'M SO LOST!

    submitted by /u/Jackop195
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a lore reason for Elanas specific summons?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:54 PM PST

    The skeletons make some sense to me, but I mainly wonder about "Velstadt" (I assume it's not Velstadt himself but more an image of him). Also curious about the pigs.

    It's obviously not random because it's just these 3 specific things (as far as I know), so I'd like to know what you think is behind it.

    submitted by /u/AcheronSpike
    [link] [comments]

    Getting red eye orbs at low level?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:17 PM PST

    Any way to get a decent stream at a low level? Im not opposed to glitching. Just want to keep the spirit alive in my playthrough.

    Im on xbone, sotfs. The arena is pretty dead so I wouldn't be matched with similar low levels.

    submitted by /u/riggetyriggitywreckd
    [link] [comments]

    Advice about magic in this game

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:14 PM PST

    Hi I just got dark souls remastered on sale from the humble bundle store and am currently playing through it with a custom made dex/str build and am enjoying it, I have also half-planned out a faith build when I inevitably replay it again someday.

    Onto the real post:

    I heard magic is really good in DS2 so I wanted to make a build around it when I play SoTFS after finishing my first playthrough on DSR, I think I've decided to go a Sorcery/Hex/maybe a few Miracle kind of build and I was wondering if this was possibly a decent viable thing for what I want? I'd want to probably not use any melee in this case.

    thanks for the replies everyone I think I've solidified my choice to use magic when I play ds2 now

    submitted by /u/Axelluu
    [link] [comments]

    Which would run better on me PC? DS2 or SOTFS?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 05:57 AM PST

    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) 8 GB RAM Version: Windows 10.0.18363 Build 18363 GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620

    If anyone can help me with this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/swaggyline
    [link] [comments]

    First impressions

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 07:03 AM PST

    No spoilers please!!!!!

    I've played through DS1 on PS3 and more recently Remastered on Xbox one. I picked up DS2 AND 3 on sale for like 70% off and just dove into DS2 for my first time and wanted to share my first impressions.

    So far so good. I made it to Majula and joined the Blue Sentinel (edit: I've been told it is actually Way of Blue, not Blue Sentinel) covenant, figured out how to level up with my girl Emerald Herald, and need to find a key to help my dude the blacksmith. I heard talk from the NPCs about going through the woods, going down a hole, etc.

    Just like in DS1, I'm trying to figure out the best path forward. I've traveled down to where there is a boss near a large tower with a fuck load of huge armored dudes (Sentinels?). I backtracked out of Majula down a path and was about to enter a new area but a sign on the ground said something like, "Need item" so I didn't investigate further. I traveled down near the bonfire in Majula and opened a gate which lead to the forest of fallen giants. Banged my head against that for awhile and stopped there.

    Here are my initial thoughts:

    1. I love feeling lost and exploring and trying to figure out where to go
    2. I am struggling a little with dodging/rolling/parrying. I heard the iframes were altered for DS2, so maybe that is it? Or maybe I am just a n00b.
    3. I am slightly confused why From went away from Humanity and chose Human Effigies. Whatever, I'll just burn one at the bonfire. Oh wait, I can't? Wtf? Do I even know how to play Dark Souls?
    4. Speed. This game seems faster and more fluid than DS1, which is just something I need to get used to.
    5. Fuck your HP meter falling every time you die. I hate this git gud shit, especially when you are new to the game. Lower health just makes you bang your head against the game for longer. Not cool From. ***Edit: Forgot these
    6. Torches. I get a torch for 5 minutes and then it is gone with no tutorial on how to replenish the time. Maybe I missed a tutorial stone explaining replenishment? Or maybe I'll discover how later?
    7. Stats/equipment/items screen. Man it stinks to have to get used to a new layout. Even just the fact that the pause menu pops up on the left instead of the right! Four ring slots is cool though.

    Lastly, please don't give any spoilers in responses. I want to go through this one as blind as possible. Thanks and I hope you enjoyed the read!

    submitted by /u/tallblondemonsta
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Alright, so, I'm playing SOTFS edition on PS4, I have 1 million soul memory, I've killed all the old ones.. but I used their souls for souls. The problem is I can't open the door to the winter keep for some reason, I looked it up and I meet all the requirements and I've looked for a solution but I've pretty much come back empty. Can anyone help please.

    Edit: ok yeah I'm retarded sorry for that, but thanks for telling me where to go

    submitted by /u/lord_knightington
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning spear

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:51 PM PST

    Was it dark souls 2 pre patch that had op lightning or was it ds 2 sotfs

    submitted by /u/heslopkaleb
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the game and I already love it

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:48 PM PST

    I played through DS3 years ago and just finished DS1 for the first time two days ago (I might have gotten carried the entire time by the Black Knight UGS), so it just felt right to get 2 and play through it. To my surprise, the game was 75% off on Steam yesterday, so now I have it on PC along with my friend and we spent last night playing it together. We would've done the same with DS1, but we have different consoles and he can't buy PTDE on Steam anymore.

    Granted, we're probably playing on easy mode by doing sorcery & hexes, but it's fun so what does it matter? We also work really well together because he helps me find things I can't seem to find myself, while I help him a lot with the boss fights. We might have gone a little too far too early by going to Lost Bastille at SL40. I really don't know, my friend just says that we're apparently underleveled for the sentinels fight. I just think we need more soul arrows and dark orbs.

    Also this game is just really pretty. I could sit at Majula and just look at the horizon for a while and feel satisfied. We haven't gotten very far so I don't know how most of the rest of the game looks, but I'm hoping it's just as good.

    Overall, I just really like the game so far and I can't wait to get to the end of it. Maybe I'll even just go through every area and kill every enemy over and over so I can walk around and enjoy the scenery.

    submitted by /u/JohnKnobody
    [link] [comments]

    No aim reticle for casting spells

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:37 PM PST

    May I just start off by saying what a pleasant surprise it is to see this sub is still active, I'd assumed it was just me and 3 or 4 other old dinosaurs playing this still lol

    I've dusted off my old ps3 (prob the only dinosaur on ps3 anyway!) and started a new Sorcerer build following the gospel of /u/ITOverlord made 6 years ago.

    I was watching YouTube videos for strategies and noticed the player was aiming their staff with a reticle on screen, locked on the target while in 3rd person mode. I know you can turn DS2 into essentially a FPS by using binoculars, but I didn't know locking on to targets in 3rd person was possible. This would make life a whole lot easier but I'm thinking this was added in an updated ps4 version? Because it just doesn't seem to be possible using the version I'm on now.. I mean I could switch over to ps4 assuming DS2 is available on ps now or is relatively cheap to download.. I was too lazy to check which is why I'm on the old console.. (bit of nostalgia hooking it up too, I guess?) but I'm already on lvl 53 and in No-man's Wharf. It just seems like such a basic thing to add in an aiming system for casting spells, why the original game wouldn't have this is a head scratcher.

    I wasn't really bothered not having it until now and after seeing the youtuber fly through enemies with spells locked on it almost seems unplayable the way I'm doing it now!

    Maybe it is possible and I'm just missing something really simple, anyone have experience with this/able to shed some light on this one?

    submitted by /u/GutsGloryAndGuinness
    [link] [comments]

    Is it better to have equipment with effect or just better stats?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 09:46 AM PST

    Hello. I has been bothering me because for some readon my mind goes if its with effect i get a bonus etc but i lack actual stats. Atm i have on me : saints hood, jesters robes, lion mage cuffs and lion mage skirt. I am a cleric. Also if possible id like to know if cast speed effects my character cuz im not noticing a diffecance when i remove the lion mage pieces. Thank you in advance for reading.

    submitted by /u/tresten0
    [link] [comments]

    New Character Co-Op Playthrough SotFs [PC]

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 11:28 AM PST

    Hello everyone of this thread, I am looking to start a new playthrough of this game and was hoping to have someone join me! I realize this game is super old so there is a low chance of anyone wanting to do this, but I at least wanted to see. I have about 600-700 hours on Vanilla Dark Souls 2, but actually have never beat SotFs, so I am really looking forward to it!

    submitted by /u/zirpackerton
    [link] [comments]

    Question about PvP

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:50 PM PST

    I have a question, can you ban a PvP player from invading you 4 times in a row, and constantly waiting for you to die (this individual keeps healing himself) and pretty much ruining your game at this stage? It is simply unfair and extremely annoying.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/needforpersonalspace
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me kill velstadt the royal aegis? (PS4)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 01:39 PM PST

    Please place your sign down near undead ditch bonfire

    submitted by /u/southern_anarchist
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonrider

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 09:51 AM PST

    Found out you can parry all of his attacks. 3 ways to cheese him, definitely the easiest boss.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment