• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm pissed I love this game

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    I've "started" this game well over 7 times. Reaching dragonrider or the last giant before stopping.

    I have a cumulative 1500 hours across DS1 and DS3, not to mention hundreds on Bloodborne. Playing DS2 just felt....off. The animations from enemies or myself felt awkward and sluggish. The rolling i-frames were uncomfortably short and the stats worked completely differently.

    The worst part: no more insta-invincible lever/door/chest opening!! Do you realize how much that $#!% saved my skin??

    I recently gave this game another shot. Treated it like a new game in the action RPG genre, not a successor to DS1. And then something magical happened: I learned the fucking game

    I understood what the programmers were expecting of the player through their level and enemy design and placement. I learned that versatility is key until I learn the game enough and because of that I could handle anything the game throws at me now.

    And now, after all my hate and shit talking, I have to say that I'm in love with the game. I love how the game feels, I love the variety in builds that are possible, and I absolutely love all the npc's. Their voice acting is top notch.

    The game is a masterpiece, but it takes some un-learning to really enjoy if you're a big fan of the others in the series.

    submitted by /u/Jah-din
    [link] [comments]

    How to get “This is Dark Souls” achievement?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    My last achievement needed for platinum on PS4.

    submitted by /u/somborne
    [link] [comments]

    Hollowed Milfanito, found before Demon of Song

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/bT1KY

    I find her to be creepy as hell, striking such a tall and mangled appearance.
    The pictures are from a post of yore (~5 years ago).

    The Demon gained knowledge and learned to lure humans into its lair. It is called the Demon of Song because it sings with a sonorous voice to lure people close, so that it may devour them.

    Its song is that of the Milfanito. Within close proximity to its lair we find a Milfanito who appears to be hollow, and cannot sing. It may be that the Demon of Song somehow stole the voice of this Milfanito.

    http://soulslore.wikidot.com/data:demon-of-song

    submitted by /u/Observe-Adapt
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Man update

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    So early days in a run that's intended to make heavy use of Iron Flesh -- while fast rolling.

    Don't yet have the VIT needed to fast roll but still have some appreciation for the utility.

    That gank at the lever to get into Shaded Woods? Totally possible to tank it. I did get poisoned, but getting hit enough for them to inflict poison was nothing more than an inconvenience.

    You can also totally tank the Sword wielding Heide Knights. Untested against Old Knights or the spear Heide Knight (I don't see why there would be a problem with either) and currently not a viable strategy against the dragon in Heide. Pretty sure I won't make it across the bridge -- though I have not yet tried.

    submitted by /u/rnj1a
    [link] [comments]

    Ruin Sentinels in a Nutshell

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Anyone else get rusty after not playing for a while??

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    Went back to ds2 again a while after beating it,I'm struggling with bosses I never had problems with the 1st time,can't beat the old iron king...Anyone else lose there skill after a while of not playing???...maybe I'm just washed up😂

    submitted by /u/Dezzle6
    [link] [comments]

    Skeptics Spice Wrath of the Gods?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    I've seen a lot of discussion on how the skeptics spice can make healing spells heal less, or weapon buffs last shorter, but I haven't really seen any discussion on how it works with wrath of the gods? I imagine the damage is lessened, but does it still send people flying if I spice it down to 10?

    I'm trying to do a SL 150 fist build, and since my starting class already has about 10 faith anyway, I was trying to find what the best option was to spice down.

    submitted by /u/MegaBetaman
    [link] [comments]

    Help I'm so confused. Lost the plot after Drangleic

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Just finished the dragon shrine and... the mist heart and the memories are COMPLETELY unexplained to me. It seems like I can just go straight to the throne of want.. if I want?

    It seems like the plot has sputtered out a bit and lost motivation for my actions after the kings ring. Wtf is this all about?!?!

    Help!! (Cheers!)

    submitted by /u/spoonguy123
    [link] [comments]

    No wonder why they run like that

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    I killed [Name] so where is his crown

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    Killed vendrick so where is his crown and soul?

    submitted by /u/OOFER420
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: If you stand in the bridge in the Dragon Shrine for too long you WILL die

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    This is the third time in a row I've invaded and killed a host in there by just baiting them to stand in the rope bridge for too long. And why would you trust a dangly rope bridge in the first place? It's bound to be destroyed in some way or the other.

    (EDIT) PSA 2: Don't try to hit me while I'm standing right next to a dragon knight, you're just gonna aggro them.

    submitted by /u/AltieHeld
    [link] [comments]

    service not available

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    ds2 down? played 10 min ago now I can't.

    pc Edit: it's fine now, reloading helped. I wonder why, didn't happen once in the last 100hours

    submitted by /u/j1r0n1m0
    [link] [comments]

    Should I change from my Greatsword +10 to the black knight greatsword?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    Iḿ currently level 144 and Iḿ near the end of the game and about to take on the DLCs which I havent played before.

    I´ve been wrecking with my greatsword (which is called an ultra greatsword in the menu, sorry haven played in years.)

    My Greatsword is fully upgraded and I´m fully suited in Havel Armor.

    The problem is that my faith and intelligence are both at level 5, meaning I´ll have to farm a bunch of souls to reach the requirements. I have 50 strength and 26 DEX but Iḿ wondering if its worth farming souls to switch to the black knight greatsword before I enter the DLCs.

    Is it worth it or should I just continue with my greatsword? I have 50 endurance and chloranty ring +1 so my stamina is decent, and apparently the black knight greatsword has a better moveset similar to the claymore.

    Should I spend my time farming souls, and what is the best place to do it?

    What are your opinions? Do I need high INT and Faith for it to be a useful weapon compared to my fully upgraded greatsword?

    submitted by /u/Hey-Gang
    [link] [comments]

    What equipment would you recommend for my Justin Trudeau build?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    I am thinking Melu scimitars for the Arab swordsman look, but I am at a loss as to what to do for Armour. obviously helmets which obscure the face are out of the question, and I don't recall their being a sultan esque turban in the game so I will probably just go helmet less.

    any ideas would be appreciated?

    submitted by /u/CylinderDude
    [link] [comments]

    If this series ever becomes really mainstream and revived in another form of media, I hope the first movie/book/game/comic will be based on DS2

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    The atmosphere of this game is easily my favourite of the 3 games. Its always been DS1 for world design, DS3 for combat and bosses and DS2 for the atmosphere of the journey, its personal nature and personality of its NPC's.

    DS3 is too depressing to base a series off from the get go, even if the lore in this game and the DLCs does close off some of the loose threads. It starts off near the end of the world and people would be lost. DS1 on the other hand would be impersonal. Some nameless chosen undead goes on a grand adventure to preserves the age of flame because its whats expected and people fear the dark due to Gwyns lies

    But DS2 is personal.

    Its the only game in the series where I link the flame at the end. You met some well fleshed out characters and although their backstories can be just as obscure, you come to care about them as they are this gathering of hopeless undead exiles, some of whom don't even know how they ended up here. You don't even know what their lives were like before washing up in Drangeic but you know that since they are here, it means they have lost everything and are trying to return to where they came from. You link the fire to put a pause to the curse because the game actually shows you the slow amnestic process of hollowing and its effects and by linking this fire (even if it's wrong, you have seen the effects up close) you give this brief reprieve for yourself and your friends who are sitting in Majula, a place of no special significance but feels like the home you have lost and these people sitting here all day feel like the family you left behind when you washed ashore.

    Edit: it also kind of annoys me that in DS1 and DS3 you don't even see the characters who hollow go through hollowing (save gael which was done really well). They fulfill some purpose and then the next time you meet them by chance they are swinging their weapons at you. LIKE COME ON! WE WERE COMRADES. GIVE ME SOME BLOODY CONTEXT BEFORE YOU GO AND DO THAT!

    submitted by /u/Justheretoplaysouls
    [link] [comments]

    Melfanito

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    I absolutely love their singing. Sometimes i would simply stand for a few seconds just to listen to them sing.

    submitted by /u/Interplanes
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on what to do when you get invaded?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    it feels like every time I get invaded its by the strongest motherfucker in the game.

    there I am with my broken straight sword and there he is with his gold armor, fire sword and hail storm

    ive been invaded 6 times so far and havent won any of them

    submitted by /u/Safi103
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wants to summon me for a boss?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    I want to join the blue sentinels covenant and in order to do that I need a token of fidelity fron helpin another player, so does anyone want to summon me for a early game boss?

    submitted by /u/PR280
    [link] [comments]

    2 questions for Platinum Trophy'ing DS2

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    1) Which covenants do I *have* to grind rewards for? Heirs of Sunlight and...? I believe some of the spells that are covenant rewards are available on NG+ or NG++, correct? So which ones do I absolutely need to grind for?

    2) I also need to get Benhart and Lucatiel achievements, but I'm also through the main game at this point (haven't started NG+ though). What's the best way to go about this? I read that you can use a bonfire aesthetic to reset the areas to bring back the characters in order to advance their stories. Is this true? Or should I just try and catch them on NG+? What's the best way to go about this?

    submitted by /u/srondina
    [link] [comments]

    Summon signs in dragon rest not appearing

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    I've tried to defeat elana the squalid queen alone for almost 3 days and then realised that there's 2 summon signs before the boss fight but the problem it doesn't exist where it should be, and I hope someone know what's the problem and how to fix it cuz I'm bout to give up.

    submitted by /u/sad_water_bottle
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 installation error for Xbox one

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Dark souls 2 won't install on Xbox it gets to about 6% percent then the error occurs... I called Microsoft support and they tried their very best to help but was unsuccessful, however they told me to try and get in contact with the devs, thing is how in sunlight bros name do I do that 🤔🤔🤔🤔

    submitted by /u/SinArtavia
    [link] [comments]

    How is poison nowadays?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    Found this build https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Ninja+Backstabber+Poisoner+Quality+Build Is seems interesting but it's rather old and the links are dead.

    Would this work well in SotFS? I'm mainly into PvE.

    submitted by /u/pretorian_stalker
    [link] [comments]

    Trophies not unlocking PS4

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    Bought the SOTFS version on the play store a few months ago. Started a character, played for a few hours, trophies popped up fine. Had to leave it, came back a couple days ago. Made a new character, and now I'm not getting the trophies. Game and console up to date. Help please?

    submitted by /u/PandoraNocturne
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment