• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Who wants to see a ds2 remaster on Ps5

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:44 AM PST

    Wish me luck

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:06 AM PST

    I am off to beat the Blue Smelter Demon, wish me luck.

    Edit: I kicked his ass. Next is the gank squat of the sanctum city.

    submitted by /u/Vipers_Northstar
    [link] [comments]

    hate

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:04 AM PST

    why does everyone hate on ds2 SOtFS? i've played all three now and ds2 is really good. there's a ton on quality of life stuff that's not in ds3, and hexes are super fun and interesting.

    submitted by /u/minionenthusats
    [link] [comments]

    Which souls(borne) game has the most enjoyable weapon upgrade mechanic?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 06:28 PM PST

    Quick refresher, for myself and you:

    Demons' souls: Similar to Dark Souls 1's upgrade path, each weapon can be upgraded along different paths that branch off from the basic upgrade path and require different materials once altered. Boss soul weapons are crafted from upgraded weapons of the corresponding type using the soul, as a capstone upgrade (cannot be upgraded further). It differs from DS1 in that there are more options for specializing in certain stats (i.e. dex, str, or quality) and fewer for non-physical damage, and the paths are restricted depending on the weapon. Also more materials are required for each level (including low-level materials) but there are fewer total levels (I believe every path will ultimately be upgraded 10 times). Also it bears mentioning that the pure bladestone can eat my ass.

    Dark Souls 1: There are different types of upgrade paths branching off the main path in similar fashion, as well as paths branching off branches (i.e. chaos branches off fire which branches off main). Some scale off stats while others do not (i.e. lightning). There are also special weapons that don't follow the main path and are upgraded with twinkling titanite or scales. Weapons go to a total of 15 levels with low materials cost per level. Boss weapons are upgraded from +10 weapons and continue to upgrade to an additional +5 with demon shards. Slabs are capstones for non-special paths, and there are few in the game but none require farming. Also notably, coals are required for each new path, including the basic path.

    Dark Souls 2: Much simpler - +10 upgrades total (with higher cost per level than DS1), infusion can be done at any point and changed at any point, with similar options as DS1 (with some tweaks). Because of how magic/light/dark/fire scaling works, elemental weapons generally scale towards int/faith. Boss weapons require no weapon to convert, and upgrade with dragon bones, with twinkling titanite returning as the other special upgrade material. Notably, slabs are much more common and can be farmed quite efficiently, and there are no variations of the basic upgrade materials (no green chunks for example). Coals are not required, except the first one, and both blacksmiths can do full weapon upgrades (but only one can do infusions). Also notably, whereas in DS1 a maxed weapon was usually only available near the end of the game, in DS2 it can be gotten fairly quickly.

    Dark Soul 3: Similar to DS2, except that coals are required for groups of infusions. Infusions are more reminiscent of demons souls, with options for increased dex/str scaling. Boss weapons follow DS2 and don't require a base weapon. Twinkling and titanite scales for special/boss weapons.

    Bloodborne: I'm just going off the wiki here since I don't remember it well, but weapons follow a basic upgrade path with the option to include up to 3 gems (for max level weapons) to improve attributes of the weapon, such as damage and stamina consumption.

    submitted by /u/Himetic
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 fake outs and red herrings that go nowhere that you wish did?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:52 PM PST

    I've been thinking about this for a little while and inspired by another post, I decided to make this topic. There's a lot of questionable things in DS2, we all know this, but one of them has to be stuff that makes you stop and wonder if it had any grander purpose at some time or if this is just some lore thing to question over.

    For this, I'm going to nominate the wall panel and bust in the room directly coming up to the Looking Glass Knight. Compared to everything else in the general area, this thing has much more detail and the bust even casts an extremely dynamic shadow if you use a torch. Behind it is a tree with what looks to be two figures underneath it, one spattered with blood. I lost much time here trying to figure out a secret that didn't exist.

    I tried to line up the shadow on both sides of the wall, trying to line myself up with the shadow so that there were two people against the tree just like the image. I brought over the knights and tried killing them around it, I even wondered if I had to summon a phantom, bring them over and then somehow get them killed in front of it as some kind of sacrifice. I was playing through blind and was...grumpy when I was looking through the hidden stuff afterwards and finding no mention of the area, because it looked so promising!

    So what about you? Anywhere that defiled the grave of your imagination and let your thoughts run wild to have it all be for naught in the end?

    submitted by /u/Faunstein
    [link] [comments]

    Cinematic 100% walkthrough - Dark Souls 2 SotFS - No commentary track, NPC dialogue overlapping gameplay!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:08 AM PST

    Ah hello! So I recently made a 100% DS1 walkthrough that was the hit of the week on the sub, and the time has now come for DS2!

    Dark Souls is my jam, and I felt that walkthroughs just doesn't do it justice. Most walkthroughs are confusing, misleading, loud, and waste hours upon hours of watch time, so I went ahead and made my own with a whole new take on a walkthrough!

    Timestamps and informative links in every description!

    No loading screens.

    No confusing cuts.

    No time wasted in menus (I show merchants inventory the first time)

    NPC dialogue is overlapping gameplay to keep it entertaining all the way, so no commentary track!

    Achievements and mechanics are all explained along the way - without confusing the hell out of new players!

    Information is given with simple text.

    All this is done to make the best possible walkthrough ever, to both new and old fans!

    I have spend hundreds of hours researching and training the game, everything from New game to the final achievements in NG++ has been recorded and I'm currently buried in editing, cutting it into thousands of pieces to save you hours of time, without confusing jump cuts!

    NG+ and NG++ will be 1 short video highlighting only the necessary steps towards the platinum.

    This is a passion project and I'm not making anything of it, so I would appreciate if you would give it a try (and if the mods would allow me post this!)

    Cinematic 100% walkthrough 1 - Dark Souls 2 SotFS:

    https://youtu.be/qHMf645k3mM

    My Dark Souls 1 post on Reddit:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/ib9o2s/dark_souls_remastered_100_walkthrough_no/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    I have 2 episodes ready now, and 2 more once YT has processed the 4K resolution, hopefully today. I plan to release 1-2 new every day, but that really depends on the time it takes to process on YT.

    Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/CylinderOfLeaves
    [link] [comments]

    First Time with DS2

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:35 PM PST

    Hi folks! This is a little story about me and my first time with Dark Souls II, the game that i've put on hold for 5 years because peoplemkept saying that its horrible, bad etc. Finally I started my journey last friday, and its been the most fun i've had since playing ds3 and ds1 blindly couple of years back.

    I write this to maybe get some help, insights and/or pointers mainly about my build and progression path.

    I currently feel a little stupid since i have no idea what am i supposed to be doing in this game currently. My build is a mess and I cant understand the logical next step/weapon upgrade path. The story and my goal is a little hard to grasp, but I am intrigued neveretheless.

    I started my game as a warrior and "quickly" proceeded to finish the forest of fallen giants (excluding fire lizard pit). I killed the old giant underground, as i stumbled upon him by accidentally(ish), he was pretty straightforward fight. The pursuer that I ran into next claimed my dear life for 15 times before I noticed the ballistae. After a couple of more tries I finally skewerd the pursuer.

    Next I moved to bastille and cleared most of it. After the sinner I went to heides tower of flame and proceeded to clear it along with no mans warf, only to find myself back into the bastille area? Confused as I was, I still found some new items and areas to scour and finally noticed that the torches and lightning play some(?) role in the game. Atleast the blacksmith moved.

    Next I tried to just explore, instead of progressing "linearily" and found myself in hunters copse and after that in the area filled with poison, at this point i was so afraid of the poison mist that i just ran into the windmill and past 75% of the areas and mobs there and bumped into 2 bosses almost back to back. The Covetus(?) Demon and the medusa woman boss both were pretty easy to deal with patience, blocking and dodging. Ran to the next bonfire and traveled to Majula thinking that the windmill area is intended for later.

    Next up I found area called shaded woods and ruins. I panicked in a mildly foggy forest, and managed to run past 99% of it. after founding my way out, I freed a weird bird woman, fought a giant scorpion woman and felt even more confused, as this area felt even more difficult than the poison windmill. The Lion men were making minced meat out of me, the shades were doing things behind my back I dare not say and even the breakable objects were cursing me.

    After the scorpion woman boss and a few more minutes of running I found Brightstone Cove Tseldora and stopped there. Now I dont want to spoil things by reading a walkthrough , Im instead, asking you guys that is this game supposed to be so "forked" ? Have I done something wrong? It feels like i have 2-4 or more paths to choose from but none of them make more sense than the others. Am I playing it "right" per se, in a sense that it'll eventually make sense?

    Also if anyone would like to suggest good and relatively easy to find pve weapons to replace my drangleic sword, please feel free to share. I dont use any magic/miracles. 35str/26dex, 16 vit,vig,end,adp. What should my aim be statwise as Im not interested in pvp? More to vit/vig/end/adp?

    Sorry for long and confusing story, thanks for reading and thanks for any help!

    TLDR; Jumped in blindly, now Am confused as heck. what the next logical step would be or what kind of build to make. Where to go? What weapon to use? Will any of this start making sense anytime soon? All in all, this has been most fun since i played ds3 blindly, more confusing but just as fun, if not more so.

    submitted by /u/nesmyr
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2, A love letter

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:30 AM PST

    I had picked up DS2 for the first time at the start of the pandemic just for something to hop on and play every now and again to unwind at the end of the day. As someone new coming into the game I have to say it got attacked way too much even after all of the patches. I put off playing this game because all I ever heard from it is that it is unfair, the hitboxes are broken, or they just dumped too many throw away bosses into the game. All I want to say is that this game is fun. The game is not unfair you just can't rush and attack everything. You have to slowly pick off everything. The broken hitboxes are not as bad as everyone says, granted I'm playing games way after the last patch so maybe it was worse at the start of its life. The bosses, yes some of them are throwaway, but the ones that are throwaway, are ones you can walk past if you really want to. The really big bosses are fun and pleasurable. The biggest part that keeps me coming back to this game is its areas, they are all done so well and in such great detail. Comparing it to Dark Souls 3 where the graphics are better and cleaner, I would argue that Dark Souls 2 has more variety when it comes to its levels. I understand in Dark Souls 3 it's the end of the cycle and everything is withered but in Dark Souls 2 you walk into almost any area and there are almost always different spots you can wander into. While I will always like Dark Souls 3 more because it was my first Souls game, Dark Souls 2 is creeping up in how much I like it.

    Sorry for the rant I just wanted to express how much I liked this game. It is such a perfect game to slowly make your way through. I dought very much I will be purchasing a different game until sometime after the new year.

    submitted by /u/dzsb9304
    [link] [comments]

    Question for my PvPers out there

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:48 PM PST

    Besides the obvious broken weapons (Ice Rapier, Chaos Blade, Red Iron Twinnies), is there any particular weapon/weapon type/spell you absolutely detest going against? And please, details and stories are more than welcome.

    submitted by /u/AH_Eddie
    [link] [comments]

    No one's summoning me or I can't find summon signs so.. I'm invading everyone with dual greatswords :)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:55 AM PST

    If I can't be the good guy, I will be the villain

    submitted by /u/Jyrr
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Bell Keeper covenant on pc basically dead?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:26 AM PST

    I thought it would be fun to try it out, but in 20 mins I got only 2 invasions and both were against the same person lol. Was I unlucky, or should I just stick to arena & invasions?

    submitted by /u/dragosconst
    [link] [comments]

    I have beaten Dark Souls 2 twice now. Now doing an NG+ run with my sorcerer character. I have no idea how parrying works.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:41 AM PST

    Same for Dark Souls 1. Parrying is hard my dudes.

    I suppose Gwyn would have been easier had I been able to parry lol

    submitted by /u/greydestruction
    [link] [comments]

    Just died to Prowling Magus

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:32 AM PST

    The congregation, actually. Very humbling

    submitted by /u/dustcookie
    [link] [comments]

    Just Venting My Frustration

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:25 PM PST

    How are there still cheaters in this 6 year old fucking game. How has this game been out for so long and yet there are still people that suck enough that they have to have cheat engine running to stand a chance??

    Yesterday I dueled a guy and it was normal, he bowed and everything. I got a parry and as I was going for my riposte, he killed me instantly and broke everything I was wearing. Cool, gg, you have so much skill.

    Matched with him again without realizing it and he just killed me in the starting room while I was buffing, before the fucking doors even opened

    submitted by /u/obamasfursona
    [link] [comments]

    The Host gets a Sunlight Medal when summoning a Sunbro and defeating the Dragonrider Boss!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Few minutes ago cooped with a Sunbro in Heides ToF, we first went for the Dragonslayer, everything fine. It was a more easy fight thanks to the weapon expertise of my summoned friend. (We really connected there, I regret not taking the Bonfire Ascetic as a starting gift.)

    Anyway I resummon my new friend for the Dragonrider fight, having a great (and easy) time defeating one of my starting day nemesis (yes the Dragonrider gave me trouble when I started out) and doing friendly gestures after the boss hits the ground. Then to my shock, a notification popped up reading "Sunlight Medal".

    In short/tldr: Dragonrider Boss ahead, Yellow/Golden Friend required ahead.

    Big thanks to whoever helped me (The Swimmer) in Heides, it was great fun cooping with you!

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    This game is hard.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:28 AM PST

    I smashed through DS3 and Demon's souls as a crappily built strength/Dex build with no knowledge. I artfully crafted a 99 INT build and obliterated DS1. I'm not playing through DS2 with a 99 INT build, made from every bit of info I could find, with a magic infused wisdom staff and a sorcery clutch ring....and I'm getting pissed on in my first NG, not even +. My attack to so little damage, you'd think I have a fire longsword. The scaling seems laughably low and the ring does NOTHING.

    submitted by /u/UsurpUsername
    [link] [comments]

    Appearently Johnny Depp hates dark souls 2.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:16 AM PST

    Het kept getting beaten by it.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/QMB0jnr

    submitted by /u/Haarmageddon
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with DS2 SotFS not loading

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 10:17 AM PST

    It first happaned when i was going to travel to Majula using the bonfire, when i did, the game didn't got out of the loading screen (i've waited about 5 minutes), then i closed the game and re-opened it and now its stuck in the "checking saved data, Do not turn off the console" screen, can anybody help?

    And i am playing on a xbox one

    submitted by /u/Lundor_S
    [link] [comments]

    How often do sunlight medals drop from falconers?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:39 AM PST

    Im on ps4 trying to get the platinum and i need sunlight medals but the falconers have seemed to stop dropping sunlight medals if it helps i have the sotfs edition

    submitted by /u/Luxomembourgisop
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have spare sunlight medals?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Trying to platinum the game on PC, need 21 more sunlight medals and would honestly rather only have to deal with the bellfry covenant by itself

    Soul level 80 , soul memory 1.3 million

    submitted by /u/oohhhhEldenRing
    [link] [comments]

    How far am i currently?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:01 PM PST

    I have recently gotten to the guardian dragon fight and just wanted to know how many more fights left to completing and moving on to ds3. if anyone can tell me, all would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Plastic_Bar9588
    [link] [comments]

    DLC Help sunken king

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:10 AM PST

    Anyone want to help me beat some bosses? Playing SotFS on ps4 lv 129

    submitted by /u/FailedKing777
    [link] [comments]

    Sinh the dragon help

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:01 AM PST

    i summon the two summons but they both suck. good cannon fodder though. anyone here know what he is weak to? i use melee and dont really use magic. also does yorghs ring help at all with this fight?

    submitted by /u/oc3lotics
    [link] [comments]

    Autumn sale

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:59 AM PST

    Do you guys think Dark souls 2 and 3 would go on sale in the autumn sale?

    submitted by /u/efeby2005
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment