• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 7, 2021

    Dark Souls 2.1% of players quit after lighting the first bonfire, but before getting the Estus Flask. Another 2.6% quit after the flask, but before reaching Lordran.

    Dark Souls 2.1% of players quit after lighting the first bonfire, but before getting the Estus Flask. Another 2.6% quit after the flask, but before reaching Lordran.


    2.1% of players quit after lighting the first bonfire, but before getting the Estus Flask. Another 2.6% quit after the flask, but before reaching Lordran.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    I was just checking my trophies on PS4 and was looking at the percentage stats next to them.

    98.3% lit the first bonfire

    96.2% got the Estus Flask

    93.6% reached Lordran

    and only 72.9% rang the bell in the Undead Church

    Made me realize thay almost 5% of the people who started the game, made a character, and lit the first bonfire gave up before even finishing the tutorial area. Another 25% never made it past the 2nd boss.

    submitted by /u/Vertania_III
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite character?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    Mine is Gough. What a friend. And an insane shot given his blindness. Truly a badass.

    submitted by /u/YawnfaceDM
    [link] [comments]

    I am lost in dark souls 1

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    So I am assuming I am doing things way out of order. I did the first bell and killed the Hydra. Door near Hydra was locked and the door with the blue orb locked as well. I made my way down through that tunnel and eventually came across some drakes. I said why not and killed the drakes and got the ring. Still no idea where I am going I came across the undead dragon and I used the bow and arrow cheese. Kept going and got to the new londo ruins. All fine and good.

    Transient curse was necessary but I read something that I need some item to enter the abyss there. I made it to the guy to buy a ton of transient curses then got tf out of there because the last boss I fought was a gargoyle and literally I thought I was going the wrong way. Unlocked the short cut and went back up to go to blight town.

    When I went from the direction from the short cut to New londo ruins the gross club chubbers were facing away from me which makes me think I was supposed to come from blight town toward the drakes not the other way around. I suffered through poison (learned from farron keep about poison build up) and got Hella lost. I collected as many items as I could but ran out of poison clumps. Didn't want to fight rock thrower bois so I ran past them and got to the chaos witch Quelaag.

    My question is... Am I skipping some important stuff? Like I feel like I am missing a step because there was supposed to be something about a second bell which I haven't found yet. I know this game is supposed to make you feel directionless and lost but with how much damage I am doing against lava spider lady I feel I am skipping some steps. I am also trying to find Zweihänder because I read there was a Zweihänder build that makes pve a bit easier but rn I am using long sword +5. I mean I don't even know what to look up for a guide because I feel I missed some steps here. Fire keeper is still alive but gold armor baddy is gone and I thought when he left she dies. Also I am doing 72 to her with heavy attacks so I feel like maybe just maybe I am fighting her early. Am I on the right path? Light spoilers are fine but I just need to know if I totally skipped some stuff. I am stuck down in blight town but I can make my way back up if I need to.

    submitted by /u/Your-Friend-Bob
    [link] [comments]

    Today Lautrec killed Anastacia before I even fought the Bell Gargoyles

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    I didn't even know this could happen. I thought of a cool dex/pyro build earlier today and to start it off I wanted to get the claw from Shiva in blight town. On my way back I thought fuck it I'll grab the fire keeper soul here for an early buff.

    Little did I know that if you have freed lautrec and grab the parish AND blight town fire keeper souls Lautrec will kill Anastacia immediately. Regardless of any bells. I was so sad when I got back to firelink. Never freeing Lautrec again. FFS if he gets out on his own after gargoyles I don't even know why I've been doing it. Fucken gold patches ass piece of shit.

    submitted by /u/LilMooseCub
    [link] [comments]

    Firelink Shrine before becoming a ruin ?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    One thing I always wanted to see is a version of firelink shrine before it became the ruin we know.

    It must have been such a great place before.

    Has anyone made an artwork of it ?

    submitted by /u/LemaudiT00
    [link] [comments]

    I feel dirty

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    After doing a second play through I feel dirty doing a sorcerery only run, I 3 shot smough and 6 shot ornstein.

    Don't tell me about gwyn, I think I 3 shot him with crystal soulmass and crystal soul spear.

    Doing a soccery only is easy mode in ds

    submitted by /u/Orphan_0bliterator6
    [link] [comments]

    My Journey with Dark Souls, Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:10 PM PDT

    44 hours, 379 deaths, 96 levels, and one long, awesome journey. I finished this game today. It was, in a word, cathartic. Every time I died to Stray Demon or Bed of Chaos. Every time I fell from the map, for some stupid reason or another. Every time I died to a gangbang of rats, hollows, knights, dogs, etc. Every time I died to that goddamn Capra Demon. All of it was over.

    It was all over too quick. Last time I said I was on the verge of Killing O&S, and afraid of how hard it was gonna be... Well, it wasn't hard at all. I died a grand total of 5 times, and managed to beat them without Solaire or going online. Then I got to Princess Gwynevere. Wow, what a view, what a moment.

    After getting the Lord Vessel, I went straight to the Catacombs, killed the hardest boss in the game (Pinwheel is really hard guys, I swear, oh my God), and got to the Tomb of the Giants, where I'd meet this compeltely trustful, nkt shady at all guy called Trusty Patches. He is very cool and not a scumbag at all.

    Gravelord Nito was just a matter of not dying to the fall bedore his arena. Once I got that, I killed him also first try.

    From there, I went to New Londo and the 4 Kings. They messed me up a little. It took me some time to figure out their patterns, but after that, it was smooth sailing. I died about 7 or 8 times to them.

    Next was the Duke's Archives, where I had the opportunity to die to archers more times than in any other part of the game. Seriously, these crystal archers are a pain in the ass. Past them, I also fell from the steps quite a bit, and had a generally bad time with spellcasters too. All in a day's work.

    Crystal Cave was one of the most memorable parts. Not only is it GOERGEOUS, it is also super trippy to go over the invisible crystals, and when I found that out, I was both in awe and terrified, from how immersed I was in the game. God, that was something.

    Seath, the bitch dragon, was not hard either. Once I figured how to actually damage him, it was another good time. Only died once to him, even if by being cursed, which had me going back to Undead Parish to undo the thing.

    Made a quick detour through Gwyndolyn's infinite hallway and Ash Lake (I fell down in Great Hollow about 12 times) to gather enough humanity to open the Lost Izalith shortcut and save Solaire (I had to look it up, sorry). Then I got to my worst time eith this game. Lost Izalith was absolutely awful. The bossrun to the bed of chaos gave me brain damage every time I had to do it. The ass backwards boss arena and terribly telegraphed sweeping attacks and firestorms dug my skull in. I think I came really close to dropping the game for some time, but I ended up managing to beat it.

    Before going to fight Gwyn, I decided to tackle the DLC. Artorias bossfight kicked my ass. It was fun, but the boss run is insufferably long, which is unfortunate. I ploughed my way through Oolacile, being completely destroyed by the mages. I got to the Father of the Abyss fight, only to find out it's a Dark Souls 3 fight in Dark Souls 1. He is waaay waay too quick and has too much life for the standard DS1 boss. I eventually gave up on him and decided to tackle him again in the NG+.

    Finally, there was Gwyn. Getting here after all this time was awesome, and his fight is very fun. The run to his arena, going through Black Knights like theyre butter, feels like a victory lap. It reminded me of the time I failed to even scrape the Black Knight in Undead Parish.

    Killing Gwyn and linking the fire felt like letting out a sigh after being tense for too long. The experience in general was extremely memorable. Few games did this much in 40 hours for me, and I look forward to my NG+ run in a few weeks. Until then, I'll take a break from DS to cool down.

    I fell in love with this game, and with that came the usual. Anger, fear, ellation, happiness, awe, beauty, headaches and a lot of pulling up my notes to write down "(xxx) - Fall", xxx being the current death number.

    If you guys want, I can break down my death diary in the comments. But for now, this is it. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/i_need_helpguys
    [link] [comments]

    Found a new item today that I never knew existed.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    The bloated sorcerer head. It looks horrifying

    https://imgur.com/a/ON0lf6I

    submitted by /u/02grimreaper
    [link] [comments]

    Four kings???

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:28 AM PDT

    I'm playing the game on new game plus and I've got back to the four kings, being new game plus I have looked at the wiki a lot and it says their are five kings in total, but on my count I've had seven in total? Anyone know why I'm getting 2 extra kings? It was fine first playthrough but now I'm genuinely struggling to beat them cause they can just swarm me

    submitted by /u/bedheadB188
    [link] [comments]

    Guys, what is your fav cut/highlights walk-through on youtube.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    I love watching new people playing ds for the first time, but I don't like whole playthroughs. I want to know if u guys have suggestions for cut edited playthroughs.

    submitted by /u/cubandova
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go next.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    So, I've beaten O&S as well as Pinwheel. And I just don't know where to go from there. The tomb of the giants is too dark, I die practically the moment I try to enter the area that would lead me to seath, and I get obliterated by demons in Lost Izalith. But I don't think I'm ready for the dps check that is the four kings. I've basically reached that point where I don't know which lord to do. I'm level 87 and even have the Greatsword of Artorias (cursed edition), which is very underwhelming btw. How did you decide which lord to go after first. Oh, also I made the stupid descision of giving that bird my sunlight maggot.

    submitted by /u/InfiniteRadish2
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people act like getting cursed by Seath is always gonna happen?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:07 PM PDT

    I see a lot of people acting like it's always gonna happen. I get the fact that people warn others about but people saying you always get cursed is dumb. If you just roll around or walk, you won't get cursed, no rings needed

    submitted by /u/--TreeTreeTree--
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever get to ng+7 leveling everything evenly?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 02:11 PM PDT

    As sort of a challenge run I guess? I know it's not the optimum way to play and you'll be considerably weaker especially by ng+7. But that doesn't stop people from doing sl1 runs and no hit runs, and since those are doable, I imagine a "level everything evenly" approach is just as doable.

    I wonder where your levels would be by the end if you spent your souls leveling everything, maxing pyromancy, and buying all the spells.

    Anyone tried this?

    Edit: except resistance I mean, everyone knows we don't level that.

    submitted by /u/Ok_Equivalent_4296
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through Daughters of Ash...

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    And I am loving it. I'm looking at Lordran in a whole new light. I just beat Taurus and the fuckin Hellkyte got me with his fire spam. So I decided to try for Havel to get his ring.... and the merchant is there. There's so much they've changed in this mod, and for the better in my mind, that it's a whole new world. I love it

    submitted by /u/brokensaint82
    [link] [comments]

    So i'm not too sure about the hype

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    I started my intro into darksouls through trying ds2 at first when i was abt 10 years old and i couldn't figure it out. Then i got ds3 and played through it and i finished it when i was abt 13 (only the base game tho, i dont have the dlcs) fast forward to now and i have finished ds3 basegame like 10 times with different builds and recently i bought ds1 remastered. I started playing it as normal and i opted to use my fav weapon and main weapon the claymore. I couldnt use it against taurus bc its not available obviously but i fought taurus without plunging and won then went to go find the claymore. So to my point i just yesterday maxed out my claymore at +15 and i placed the lordvessel. I saw a lot of people complaining abt the O&S fight including my own brother whos a pyromancer (im a strength character but also equally levelling dex) but when i got to O&S i hadnt kindled the bonfire so i had only five estus, but i managed to annihilate ornstein without getting hurt too bad and then i poked smough to death it was super easy i managed it first time. Fast forward a little while and im at artorias and i saw that many people found him difficult too and then i fought him first time with only half health bc i forgot to heal and died but then i returned and killed him second try. Maybe i way overlevelled or something but i feel like the main story progression bosses arent as hard as some of the other ones. I struggled a little on gargoyles but that was because my weapon was still on base. I managed to kill quelaag first time as well with a +2 claymore. I guess my point is that many people told me it was the hardest of the three and the best and it has been enjoyable but im not really impressed by it. Don't get me wrong its a stunning game and im enjoying it but i don't see how its any harder than ds3 except for the fact the bonfires are more spread out but even then i think ds3 has too many so idk i feel like its been overhyped and personally i'm not feeling all of it. That might be down to just me not having got all the way through it yet so i dont feel it all but the bosses arent really amazing me and the path to the boss is often harder than the boss itself.

    Granted i havent fought any of the lords yet i only just figured out where i had to put the lord vessel i mean i went all the way through new londo ruins to the staircase where the four kings are and realised i can't do it yet because i dont have the ring i need and havent placed the lordvessel like a moron so i spent 10 mins running around then i placed it. Maybe the lords will be more of a satisfying fight but I'll see how it goes i guess.

    I'll update this post probably once i have finished everything and give my thoughts on it.

    submitted by /u/Hydra11104
    [link] [comments]

    Blade of the dark moon

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:40 AM PDT

    Do I have to donate 80 ears for the platinum or 10 are enough?

    submitted by /u/kalogheros17
    [link] [comments]

    So I Stream snipe a Chinese Streamer on dsr and he cheated lol

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    So i streamed snipe this chinese streamer https://clips.twitch.tv/SwissDarkMacaroniResidentSleeper-PWvU62rtWyPOxTj- and lol he was mad that i killed him and had to cheat to get back to his souls. people these days cant play without cheating.

    submitted by /u/Deathexlando
    [link] [comments]

    This game is so hard for me!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    you beat couple boss and hit the wall really hard, and you keeping hit those walls. I love this game but i need to play so hard and it is sucking my fucking lifeout of me, i still love the game!

    submitted by /u/Karppuuna99
    [link] [comments]

    A question about soulsgram

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:15 PM PDT

    Does anyone know about the whereabouts of the infamous troll from soulsgram, the dark souls instagram community, named domhnall??? I'm pretty sure there was someone named something like krattnpatch. They called themselves "puppets" and domhnall was the "puppetmaster" They made this video about a year ago but they were mostly active two years ago. This sounds really stupid but i've been thinking about it a lot these past few weeks lol. Any help is appreciated

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96dAtqUuBEI

    submitted by /u/xLuxio
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play dark souls 1?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 02:34 AM PDT

    So I recently beat most of ds3 with strength build and a little under 20 hours of gametime. Im mostly a casual and dont know if I will enjoy the game since my friends say its way harder than ds3 and im quite an angry person.

    submitted by /u/mattdreaditer
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a bonfire in the sewers?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    Hey, first time playing DS1. Right now i'm using the bonfire at the bridge with the dragon but i'm getting kind of tired of losing half my healthbar with every respawn and running so much.

    I already defeated the Capra Demon and the big dragon, made my way to Blighttown but died against a dude with a mace, is there a bonfire that i'm missing?

    submitted by /u/LovelySenpai
    [link] [comments]

    This game is so hard for me!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    I quit time to time, maybe its despair riven harts, but i ususally move froward, litte steps.

    submitted by /u/Karppuuna99
    [link] [comments]

    [Playstation] Can someone drop me a Sif soul Pls.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:39 AM PDT

    I'm trying to get the last boss weapon for the Knights Honer trophy.

    submitted by /u/LightGamer94
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment