• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I punched Manus to death at Soul Level 1.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:48 AM PST

    Yes, it's a real fist only kill. No Caestus or dragon form or tumblebuffing. This boss has 6,665 HP, meaning you need to punch him 3,333 times to finish him off. Surprisingly decent overall RNG on this fight, compared to my failed attempts. Still not a flawless fight though, got hit 8 times.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N7LhnS7PkQ&t

    submitted by /u/astorascrub
    [link] [comments]

    To the person who kept summoning me and dying over and over

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 02:35 PM PST

    I'm here to help you! You're trying your best! You don't need to drop the I'm Sorry carving when you re-summon me for the fifth time. It's a tough game, and we phantoms are here to help.

    This was written for a user named Connor on dark souls remastered for switch. I'm the phantom Solara who you summoned five or six times to help with Manus. But really, it goes for all players who call phantoms for help.

    submitted by /u/kigaltan
    [link] [comments]

    Can I just say...

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:25 AM PST

    ... I love this community. I don't really engage, and tend to look on from the sidelines, but y'all are genuinely great. I haven't seen any gatekeeping and everyone's just happy to sit and gush over new experiences, old memories, and offer advice and encouragement to people having a hard time, whether it's their first playthrough or they're attempting a SL 1 run.

    Just sharing the love and telling you to keep praising the sun.

    submitted by /u/Filidecht
    [link] [comments]

    Really excited for Demon Souls and been stuck in a hospital all day, did a quick little bit of everyone's favorite merchant

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 02:40 PM PST

    Do you find you suck at this game when coming back from playing Bloodborne?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:36 AM PST

    Having finished my annual Halloween playthrough of Bloodborne I naturally had this aggressive playstyle and totally forgot how to play Souls properly, I held my head in shame when I got absolutely mauled by the hollows in the Burg after being cocky and being so aggressive, I had to relearn to play this game.

    It makes you realise how different each game actually is, I love it.

    submitted by /u/grantdredelic
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and Smough are awesome

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:31 PM PST

    I'm finally at the iconic duo, and they're the main reason I even decided to play the game. They don't disappoint. My only complaint I have about the fight is that Smoughs hammers hit box on the charge attack is a bit off, but everything else is really good. The arena and entire area are cool, both of them look cool, and they compliment each other perfectly. They're also brutally difficult which is good. I managed to get Smough just one hit away from dying (I'm using halberd +10) but Ornstein lightning bolted me while Smoughs fat body was taking up the whole screen

    submitted by /u/RoughTrident
    [link] [comments]

    Who is the most forgettable Dark Souls boss?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:43 PM PST

    Some bosses are notorious for being terrible. Some are notorious for being easy. And most of course are fantastic. But who is the most forgettable? Who, if you were to list all the bosses by memory, would you name last?

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    Does Dark Souls on Switch have the rolling animation bugs of the PS4/Xbox One versions?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:03 AM PST

    In the main remaster ports of the game, there's a very offputting glitch in which the feet of characters freak out when you roll, contorting at odd angles. It's especially noticeable on medium and heavy rolls, wear havels and go barefoot to test it.

    I noticed that the switch version retains the lighting and most of the gritty textures of the 360/ps3 versions of the game, which I love. Now what I'm wondering, did they bypass the feet animation bug by not going full 60fps? Thank you for the potential answers!

    submitted by /u/Forhaver
    [link] [comments]

    one things been buggin me

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:21 AM PST

    how was there dragons without fire

    submitted by /u/SecretConcert
    [link] [comments]

    pure information

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:07 AM PST

    does anyone know how many tiles the cathedral of anor londo has?

    submitted by /u/Schyte_69
    [link] [comments]

    Might've just shit myself seeing the Deep Accursed

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:51 AM PST

    Big open room, cool, I know what to expect at this point right

    I DID NOT EXPECT A GIANT FUCKING ELDRITCH SPIDER MONKEY JUMPING DOWN TO TEAR MY ASS APART

    I hate this game, I love it, but I hate it. (He wasn't that bad to kill)

    submitted by /u/Mewbone
    [link] [comments]

    halp i'm stuck on ornstein and smough with no solaire SL51 :(

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:17 AM PST

    help meee this game is so old and there's no summons and I don't want to switch to an old save

    submitted by /u/rbn-yng
    [link] [comments]

    Weird technical issue

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:09 AM PST

    I'm having a weird issue where certain actions will not happen right when I do them, but will then happen as soon as I try to do something else. Most often it happens when I try to attack (strong and weak attack). Nothing happens, and then usually the attack animation starts when I try to use my shield. It's not only attacks though; is happened to me with trying to drink estus. It's gotten to a point where I'm in the habit of always hitting the attack buttons twice in a row. It's not crippling, but it is pretty annoying sometimes, especially because it makes backstabs fail a lot. I'm on PC using a relatively new Xbox wireless controller (I got it in May I think and I don't use it that much). Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong or how I could fix it?

    Edit: It's Dark Souls Remastered

    submitted by /u/LostUndead1
    [link] [comments]

    Why hello there! I am Estelle of Astora, pleased to make your acquaintance. I'd stop to chat but I have a bone or two to pick down in the catacombs. Perhaps you'd care join? If not I hope we'll meet again, and once more under the glorious sun with any luck! Bwah hah hah ha!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:14 PM PST

    I drew Smough with pixel art!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:43 AM PST

    Hope you like it! Link

    submitted by /u/Smokingnose
    [link] [comments]

    Obligatory sl1 query

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:55 AM PST

    Wanting to do a sl1 run; the hard one, without pyromancy. So, what weapons do I need in order to get through? I've heard that using a reinforced club till after izalith and then buffing it to chaos, and the blacksmith's lightning hammer are the way to go. That going to suffice me?

    submitted by /u/RiseofThePuss
    [link] [comments]

    First Timer

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:07 PM PST

    Hey folks, i will be playing my very first Dark Souls game (DarkSouls3) tomorrow , i got it when it was on sale awhile ago and downloaded it but i just never got to play it because of my work schedule. Since Demon Souls Remake was announced on the next gen consoles and it looks fucking awesome i had to get one of the previous games to see what the game is all about. Any tips or anything i should know before jumping in ?

    submitted by /u/TBE-GOAT
    [link] [comments]

    2 years of dying to gravity

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:13 PM PST

    Two years ago I had the wonderful idea of looking up this reddit while waiting for invasions, two years later and here we are, many many NGs and only one cheeseless midir kill, good times

    submitted by /u/hasfloppyears
    [link] [comments]

    is there any games like the souls series ?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 11:46 PM PST

    Switch version

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:27 PM PST

    I was contemplating getting dark souls on the switch and was wondering how it is in comparison to the original console versions? Do the graphics hold up? Is it laggy at all? Most importantly, is it still insanely difficult?

    submitted by /u/ChevyBMX91
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a good halberd?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:05 PM PST

    I'm level 30 about to start Sens- I have +0 drake sword, BK sword and BK greatsword so could anyone give me some pointers as to where I can find materials to make the trip through sens less grueling and eventually point me towards a decent halberd?

    submitted by /u/0Moniker0
    [link] [comments]

    What the quickest way to Seathe?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:37 PM PST

    I want the Moonlight Greatsword and since r/snuggly doesnt seem to be very active anymore I figured I'd have to do it the old fashioned way, just wondering how to speed run to the MLGS, thanks

    submitted by /u/Hypotenuse27
    [link] [comments]

    Dodge

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:43 AM PST

    So, i don't know why but ever since i took a 1 week brake from this game and came back the dodge mechanic just felt fucky to me, i just can't dodge at all, as if the game only has forwards, backwards, left and right dodge and it just feels off

    submitted by /u/LilDonky
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat ng+6

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:27 AM PST

    I never thought i'd do it (although I did use magic) I did it (yay)

    submitted by /u/Slim_130
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment