• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 19, 2020

    Dark Souls Vaatividya and lore videos in general

    Dark Souls Vaatividya and lore videos in general


    Vaatividya and lore videos in general

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:45 PM PST

    A big part of the Soulsborne community and the sekiro community seem to really like Vaati and his videos, me included. On the other hand there seem to be a lot of people that dislike him, saying he steals content and his videos were more on par with fanfiction instead of actual lore breakdowns. And while i cant judge the whole "video stealing discussion" since I'm not an expert, i can at least give my opinion on the fanfiction aspect: what Vaati is doing is the way souls lore was intended to, right? Taking the sometimes ridiculously vague clues scattered throughout the games and filling the unexplained gaps by using your I M A G I N A T I O N. I never heard Vaati claim he was an omnipotent being that tells the definite truth whenever he touches souls lore. I hope some of you guys can help me out, or tell your opinions of Vaati in general

    submitted by /u/Kirin658
    [link] [comments]

    It has been on my mind for a while, and I need education.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Bonfires.

    Lore dictates all bonfires only remain lit while that particular fire keeper is "Alive". Dunno why I did quotations....moving on, if that is the case, why is, when the Chosen Undead lights a bonfire....first off, how!? That means that BF's Keeper was killed, and it was extinguished. So how is the Player able to light the fire? Think about it, the reason why, in DS1, the Chosen Undead is able to light the fires, is because he/she/they is/are also a Fire Keeper. That is why the bonfires never go out after YOU, the Player, the Chosen Undead light them.

    And cue arguments.

    submitted by /u/Kiggzpawn
    [link] [comments]

    I miss EpicNameBro

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:03 AM PST

    Does anyone else miss EpicNameBro and his substantial lore videos that used to be on YouTube? those were half hour to hour long videos with super amazing deep dives.

    submitted by /u/Dungeon_Man619
    [link] [comments]

    Weird dream.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:52 PM PST

    I dreamt I was in the dark souls world and about to fight a boss. When I entered through the fog gate, the boss was what seemed to be a stone statue of gwynnevere who was holding a basket in each hand. They told me a story about potatoes and then stuck something (a potato, I assume) in my mouth............... Good dream.

    submitted by /u/saladsurprise66
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else feel like an absolute fucking goofball when Gwynevere or some other NPC has just told you how cool and important you are, and you immediately roll into all of the suspicious looking walls near them?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:33 AM PST

    That's it. I feel silly every damn time.

    Be safe, friends, and don't you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/casulaf
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat my first souls game (ds1)

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:29 PM PST

    My first fromsoft experience was technically dark souls 2 when i was a young child. But i never got far, and what i mean by that is i never even fought a boss. But much later i played sekiro. I got all the way to isshin but i couldn't crack him and i dropped sekiro. But then months later i bought dark souls remastered because why not and i ran into the skeletons and instantly gave up. But then for some reason i just felt like playing dark souls about a month ago maybe. Probably more like 2 or 3 weeks. And here i am. I beat gwyn with my crystal halberd +5 and full crystalline armor. What i feel ashamed and also very proud of is that i picked the class with the battle axe. And when i beat the ceaseless discharge, i realized i never switched weapons, i just upgraded my battle axe until it did the damage i wanted. (Stupid i know)

    Anyway impressions: Loved it. One of the greatest and most beautiful pieces of art i have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Even at o&s i never got very mad because I absolutely love that boss fight. The only boss to truly make me mad was the 4 kings (fuck that boss) i just never really figured it out.

    Another thing i loved was the world. The atmosphere was always immaculate. The lack of music was a genius idea.

    I used to brag to my friends about getting to the final boss of sekiro. But playing dark souls and going back to sekiro is so weird. I definitely don't like sekiro as much. I still love it but it feels so weird. Before playing ds i never questioned how often you find idols in sekiro. Idk i just like dark souls more. Which is very weird because i almost never play rpg's. I'm just really bad at them.

    Anyway the point is i love this game to death and i'm glad i stuck through it.

    submitted by /u/Beneficial-Ad8978
    [link] [comments]

    First time finishing Dark Souls.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:09 AM PST

    My first playthrough of the game started Friday night, November 13th 2020. I finished the game on Wednesday, November 18th 2020. Steam clocked me in just a bit over 50 hours for my first playthrough. No guides, just pure game play and exploration.

    I also had a friend count my attempts on ornstein and smough (Pikachu and snorlax). 134 attempts and 8 hours to defeat them. Yeah, I know, longer than what most people would take but I didnt give up, I was going to beat them no matter how long it took.

    The game is easily my favorite game of all time. I loved the first playthrough, the struggles and sorrows. My main Solaire, I will save him the next playthrough.

    Just the tragedies of you, and the bosses. The fate of the undead. It really makes the game great for me. The ending, thats how the game ends. I was surprised to find out my fate, but that is the fate.

    I will continue to put many more hours into this game, maybe I'll discover new things along the way. I know for sure I did not fully explore everything that was meant to be explored. There is so many more things I can do. But alas, I finished my first playthrough of the game, and it was the best experience ever.

    How did everyones first playthrough fare?

    submitted by /u/CrankTatRock
    [link] [comments]

    Need a hint for "doll" to access Irithyll of the Boreal Valley

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:53 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    i don't want to spoil myself, so i don't look up the solution. But i have NO idea, where to get the "doll" that is needed to enter Irithyll of the Boreal Valley in Dark Souls 3. Can someone give me a subtle hint where to find this particular item?

    submitted by /u/beejay_one
    [link] [comments]

    Cursed

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:34 AM PST

    Yeah.. as the title says. I got cursed... sigh. To be precise I was too careless with them toads in the depths and lo behold I spawn at the bonfire with HALF (!!) my vitality!! This has made it downright unplayable for me against the Gaping Dragon. What do I do now? I'm filled with despair.. just when I thought "Damn son! I'm so overpowered!" Then this happens.

    submitted by /u/ShayD7118
    [link] [comments]

    Is upgrading armor worth it?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:34 AM PST

    I always heard it's been pretty much useless/negligible to upgrade armor. Is that true?

    submitted by /u/randomuser3718
    [link] [comments]

    That´s a wrap. I finished Dark Souls for the first time!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:20 AM PST

    I´m 30 years old. I played loads of rpg, arpg, mmoprg since I was 12 years old. Chrono Cross, Legend of Legaia, Vagrant Story, Persona, Diablo, Sacred, Mu, Shadow of The Colossus, Final Fantasy, Priston Tale, Lineage, Dragon Age, Skyrim, and more. I played it all.

    But nothing, absolutely nothing compares to what Dark Souls made me feel. It´s hard to explain, there´s no simple answer. Maybe it´s the atmosphere, maybe it´s the heavy lore and vague explanations that let your imagination fly, maybe it´s the gameplay, maybe it´s the challenge and the reward, the fucking climax of finally beating that boss that almost made you quit the game. Idk, maybe it´s something different for everyone.

    The only thing I´m certain of is that DS is, from now on, my favourite game ever.

    Thank you all for helping and being supportive when I almost quit the game (fucking Four Kings).

    Praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/Revolutionary-Home63
    [link] [comments]

    What were your top 3 hardest/easiest bosses?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:33 PM PST

    i beat dark souls for the first time recently (picked the game up years ago, but life prevented me from ever finishing it - farthest i got prior was anor londo) and i LOVED it. i love the interconnected levels, love the lore, and, of course, the bosses.

    something i noticed was how bosses' difficulty varies from person to person. what takes one person hours or weeks to beat takes another maybe a minute.

    so i'm curious, what were everyone's top 3 hardest and/or easiest bosses?

    easiest for me were: capra demon, gaping dragon, and lord gwyn.

    hardest was: ornstein and smough, artorias, and chaos witch quelaag.

    honorary difficulty mention to black dragon kalameet who refused to do the tail slam for me but once i finally got that freaking greatsword i slaughtered him lol

    submitted by /u/hexxcellent
    [link] [comments]

    How can Sif be evocated through white sign? (Against Manus)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:45 AM PST

    Here I put white soapstone desc.:

    Online play item. Leave summon sign.

    Be summoned to another world as a phantom through your sign, and defeat the area boss to acquire humanity.

    In Lordran, the flow of time is distorted, and the White Sign Soapstone allows Undead to assist one another.

    >allows Undead to assist one another

    Then how can Sif use it?

    submitted by /u/Darkbornedragon
    [link] [comments]

    Who else wishes. Smash.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:18 AM PST

    Who else wishes that the chosen undead (or sunbro) was a fighter in smash. It will never happen but it would actually be a dream come true. I love smash but nothing would be more spectacular than having my favorite game represented .

    When dark souls came out on the switch (which I immediately got cause I just needed yet another copy of the game) it put the idea in my head.

    Let me know what y'all think! Good or bad fantasy?

    submitted by /u/st_antony
    [link] [comments]

    Help the Newbie again

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:58 AM PST

    I have 3 soul vessels and i want to reallocate my points but when i go to the first bonfire with 3 ladies on it.. I can't seem to interact with them . I had killed the standing lady who looks way younger than those 3 ladies so i thought that was the reason so i payed souls and resummoned her but still am not able to interact with them ...Can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong now?

    submitted by /u/utsavpathak1
    [link] [comments]

    Guys! I was so happy to have finally reached the top of these hellish stairs!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:10 PM PST

    I drew the abyss watchers ashes! Lemme know what I should draw next!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:49 AM PST

    Who do you think has the most personality in ds1

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:03 PM PST

    My opinion would be siegmeyer or solaire

    submitted by /u/No-Rate-7015
    [link] [comments]

    I've defeated Pinwheel and Nito already, can I still summon Paladin Leeroy?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:30 PM PST

    I really want that armor, but I think it's too late?

    submitted by /u/Shwin280
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else prefer how Crystal Lizards have RNG drops in Dark Souls I vs. the rest of the series where it's predetermined?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:01 PM PST

    Gives a little bit more variety to my run. You still get the amount of titanite needed for a specific upgrade path guaranteed anyway, so it's less 'oh god I'm seriously depending on this kill to drop some or my upgrade path is fucked' and more 'oh cool I got a chunk early, might break this down into large shards to save on early-game grinding!' Also pretty cool to get a couple of Slabs from the Hollow occasionally, and can pump that into my armour for minmaxing. I'm not loopy, right?

    submitted by /u/Gigadweeb
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Keeper Souls - Mid Game Options

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:47 PM PST

    Let's just say Anastasia of Astora, Queelag's Sister, and the Darkmoon Knight in Anor Londo are all dead...is there any way turn in these three fire keeper souls to empower my estus...or am I screwed.

    submitted by /u/Zergei_Fedorov
    [link] [comments]

    I died the same time as Solaire did in Lost Izalith, do i not get his drops?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Title. I foolishly died the same time that he did, and no items popped up in my inventory. Am i screwed.

    submitted by /u/dreamonto
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment