• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 14, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What is a thing you say to yourself "ill do it when i go back to Majula" then always forget about it?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:01 AM PST

    For me is burning those sublime bone dusts

    I forget so much that this transfered to ds3. i have like 5 shards in my inventory and i always forget to burn them haha

    How about ya'll? Have you ever had similar situations?

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Vendrick so big (tall)? Is he a "lord" or a human?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:30 AM PST

    Is he a lord like Gwyn and his knights or a human? I don't remember well but I think he's just a human represented this big for his importance (FromSoftware confirmed that dimensions of the creatures are often symbolic).

    If it's human, is he just hollow or something else?

    submitted by /u/Darkbornedragon
    [link] [comments]

    The best dark souls waifu isnt Shanny or the fire keeper, its Rosebeth

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 12:37 PM PST

    Rosebeth is such an underrated character. In a world of gloom and despair, shes always waiting for you at Majula with a smile kn her face and a positive attitude. Shes the best.

    submitted by /u/WeAllFloat15226
    [link] [comments]

    After a ton of farming, and a lot of farming, I got my first ever platinum, on my first dark souls game, and my favorite game, ds2!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Oh, Invaders seem to be well mannered here... WAIT A MINUTE!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:50 AM PST

    After a lot of time spent in DS3 I felt the nostalgia getting real and decided to go back to my roots and whip out ye olde DS2 of the Scholar fame.

    Somewhere in the Shaded Woods I got invaded. I quickly moved to a free-ish area to avoid PvE interence. Soon after, a Caestus-bro comes up and we fight. Since I was using some speed strats, I was sporting a +8 Rapier at that point, so I did manage to win. However, I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't chug Estus. "Man!" I thought to myself, "invaders in DS2 haven't forgotten what good manners are, unlike all those chugging miscreants in DS3."

    So I bowed and went happily about my day. Only later, when I was laying in bed did the truth start to dawn on me and reality started to overwhelm me like the tide that mercilessly swallows everything in its path...

    INVADERS CAN'T CHUG IN DARK SOULS 2!

    Well damn...

    submitted by /u/corny40k
    [link] [comments]

    Transferable skill

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:41 AM PST

    Has anyone else found that the faster, smoother gameplay of DS2 and DS3 have actually helped them do better in other Souls like games. Ive played over 24 hours of DS2 so far and taken down the Smelter Demon and the Old Iron King in the Iron Keep and have found that mostly this game has allowed to actually play Bloodborne better and get further without getting nearly as frustrated.

    Or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/Sterben27
    [link] [comments]

    Zweihander build advice

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:10 PM PST

    I just got the zweihander from Iron Keep and wanted to try to make a build with it. Is it better to do a quality build 40/40 strength and dex or focus more on just strength?

    submitted by /u/YoBroKo
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with snake lady

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:40 PM PST

    I'm trying to get through the weird castle with the windmills and shit, but its just too hard. All the enemies give you poison effects, and the boss is super difficult. Are there any places I can buy items that help with poison, and some weapons that can help with the boss?

    submitted by /u/IDuckling
    [link] [comments]

    How to progress

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 10:46 AM PST

    I have literally no fucking idea what the fuck im supposed to do. Ive gotten as far as Heides Tower of Flame but i cant kill the boss. I also need to know where i can get more Human egiffies (or whatever theyre called)

    submitted by /u/GAMRKNIGHT
    [link] [comments]

    Agadyne sign not showing up?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:13 PM PST

    Just got to Undead Crypt and his sign is supposed to be on the left side, but it's not showing up. I've exhausted all of his dialogue, I'm human and am not in the Covenant of Champions, so I don't get why it's not appearing.

    submitted by /u/lanterns17
    [link] [comments]

    Where I need to go now

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:04 PM PST

    I killed Ava the pet, and don't know where to go now

    submitted by /u/liranbeli
    [link] [comments]

    looking for best weapon for around build

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:39 PM PST

    i couldnt find any great weapons for a build with 40 in all stats are there any?

    submitted by /u/jimbifist
    [link] [comments]

    Demon of Song: Possible Origins

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:41 AM PST

    Let's begin with a couple of things we know.

    Humans can become dragons, or part way

    Vinheim, The Four Kings, and through to Archdragon Peak show us that this is a much sought-after 'evolution', and also that failure to fully morph into such will leave the being in a reptilian or serpentine state.

    Obsession and Environment also affects metamorphosis.

    Mytha, her Covetous fanatic, and Amana Aberrations show us that our obsessions and environment may steer our evolution into things we may not have chosen for ourselves.

    from the Aberrations:

    "A Hollow that lived in an aquatic environment for an extended period of time and eventually adapted to its surroundings by mutating into its present form."

    Now let's look at the area the Demon resides in.

    It's the ruins of and ancient place, waterlogged, half-submerged. There's another place similar, that we will look at later.

    There's Milfanito, who 'know nothing of the outside world,' nor do they care to be curious of those who pass through.

    There's the Aberrations who mutated to become aquatic.

    There's the Priestesses who were 'formerly responsible for performing the sealing rituals which imprisoned the Demon of Song.'

    There's also Archdrake Pilgrims. The name gives away that they seek either to become or to worship dragons, but their origins are in Lindelt:

    "Lindelt is founded upon stringent commandments. Its inhabitants often travel to distant lands for ascetic training, but more than a few of these trainees liberate themselves from Lindelt's teachings in the process"

    In Amana, they seem to have become acquainted with the Amana priestesses who use sorcery, something attributed to dragons and not the godly miracles usually associated with clerics.

    The priestesses also go on to explain, "Over time the line of shrine maidens gradually died off and, with no successors to pass down the sacred rites, the seal broke and Demon was freed from its prison."

    Now, the Acetic Training the pilgrims may have sought is likely, in the case of Amana, to be something to do with that Demon.

    Why "of Song"?

    The demon is surrounded by song from the Milfanito, perhaps this could explain.

    Why an amphibian?

    We see that the demon tries to hide itself in the impenetrable skin of its amphibian avatar-self, a similar invulnerability that dragon scales provide.

    Failure to become a dragon, through whatever fault, seems here to have sent the metamorphosis away from dragons towards reptilian, and the waterlogging may have steered this metamorphosis into a frog like being.

    Any supporting proof?

    Remember I said there was a similarly semi-submerged place? We look now to Shulva, where we find Elana singing a Milfanito-esque lullaby to Sinh, and nearby, but out of earshot of the dark lullaby, in the pooling waters we find the Lair of the Imperfect.

    The Imperfect are failed dragons, but look at their skin; extremely similar to the Demon of Song.

    So with all the above, I offer this:

    Some Dragon Faithful sought the power held beneath the great archtrees buttressing roots in Amana, but corrupted by dark and lulled by song, their waterlogged and bloated body would never fully transform, leaving them bitter and twisted as a Demon of Song. The pilgrims followed the dragon sage but found only their failure, and with the priestesses they tried to surpress and contain it, only for time to erode it back to corrupt the Milfanito's song.

    Just came to mind half and hour ago, so please, pick apart it offer your own support if you can.

    submitted by /u/daveslater
    [link] [comments]

    I'd genuinely appreciate some help

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 12:54 AM PST

    Hey, I'm sure this subreddit gets thousands of these posts per day but I'd still like to try. I'm attempting to get into streaming, so far I've done 4 streams, 2 on Dark Souls and 2 on Skyrim. I just wanted to ask the community if there is any interest in watching someone stream a normal playthrough of Dark Souls 2, because right now I'm just doing a normal pyromancer build but will go into PvP if it's still alive. I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice given, and if I haven't asked for too much I can link my Twitch if anyone would like to follow. Dark Souls 2 was my first favorite in the Souls series and holds a big place in my heart and I love playing the game.

    If anyone is interested my username is BadAtContent. I'm not expecting anyone to follow me but if you would I'd appreciate it! I sound so stupid in this post, I'm willing to delete it if it annoys enough people with some random begging for help lmao

    submitted by /u/RyneBell
    [link] [comments]

    [pc] can someone play thru the came w me? I’m a filthy casual.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 12:43 PM PST

    Just got the game and I have no clue what I'm doing.

    submitted by /u/pulioohippo
    [link] [comments]

    I need help on smelter demon

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 12:42 PM PST

    Any tips or anything

    submitted by /u/THUNDERWOLF7111
    [link] [comments]

    Was the ancient dragon nerfed?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 12:38 PM PST

    I'm playing scholar of the first sin and always heard he was the hardest boss in the game, possibly the entire series because almost everything was a one shot. I just fought him and beat him pretty easily on my first try with no extra fire resistance. The flame breath didn't even take half my health, but I've seen people get one shot by it with more health than me. Was this boss nerfed to hell in SOTFS? Are there any other bosses they made easier?

    I kind of wish I could fight him full strength as it seems like a rite of passage victory. Is he still hard in the original game?

    submitted by /u/medapplicant32456
    [link] [comments]

    (Ps4) SM 1,833,018. Dear god can someone please help me with fume knight.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 12:08 PM PST

    I'm frustrated as shit with this guy, I'm not sure if my SM is too high or too low, but I'm not getting and summon signs down here I this hell hole. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Truthless_1
    [link] [comments]

    dead merchants

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:12 AM PST

    if i kill maughlin to get his armor, will his inventory still increase after i spend souls when hes dead?

    submitted by /u/Topichu
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 confessions: what are your embarrassing stories?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:20 AM PST

    I have never once, in 500 some hours of playing, been able to clear nacho cheese or cool ranch without a summon.

    submitted by /u/lamoix
    [link] [comments]

    I got my Illusory Ring of the Exalted!!

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Yeah, babeeeyyyy! I finally finished my no bonfire run! man, it feels good to set a challenge run, be desperate from the start of the game because it'll be pain and hard, and then absolutely dread going to Tseldora, but then just relieved, happy and proud once I finally did it! it took like 32 hours to beat, and I'm not sure if I did it slower or faster than my whip-only run. But that doesn't matter, cuz I did it! I might do SL1, or No death run now, but that's for a bit later.

    submitted by /u/P1zzicato
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 OBS issues

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:12 AM PST

    I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times already, but how do I go about fixing issues with DS2 stream quality in OBS? I've determined that adjusting the bitrate is probably just the way to go, but I don't know what bitrate is good; 1k is definitely too low and causes pixelation, 3k is still too high and causes frame drops on the stream, while I still have 60 fps myself. Does anyone know the ideal bitrate and resolution for this game?

    submitted by /u/Button_boi
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 build?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 12:03 AM PST

    Hello all! I am about to play through Dark Souls 2 and I was hoping someone could recommend a build? :)

    submitted by /u/SirGalleway
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment