• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 15, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just realized why there are so many giant skeletons in the Tomb of Giants...

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:26 PM PST

    It's their tomb. The tomb of Giants. They were buried there

     

    I'm dumb

    submitted by /u/secar8
    [link] [comments]

    To the Hentai God of Farron or whatever your name is ��

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:56 AM PST

    That was probably the most badass thing I've experienced in this game. Killing each other at the same time, pretty fucking cool. It was a shame that my internet wasn't helping cuz there would have been some cool animations Yours sincerely, SantiDommel

    submitted by /u/Lemmodnas
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo is Fucking Gorgeous

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:17 PM PST

    I just reached Anor Londo and it's fucking beautiful. A golden city where the sun shines upon it. Already my favourite area in the game. I keep taking screenshots of it hahahahaha. The enemies look majestic as well. Is this what heaven is supposed to look like? Lol. Anyways, just wanted to share. This place is really breathtaking.

    submitted by /u/Dochlaan63
    [link] [comments]

    Black Dragon Kalameet is the greatest Dark Souls boss and here’s why.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 04:31 AM PST

    Before I start explaining, holy shit, I have played Dark Souls about 100 times and the feeling I get when I fight and defeat Kalameet never dulls down and never gets boring. He is a fantastic fight and I get excited to fight him every time.

    • The greatest moment in the game. All the history, build up and talk of dragons and you finally get to face REAL one and slay it. Seath, sorry pal.

    • He is so challenging yet is completely fair.

    • His moveset is so fun and easy to learn, you use it and learn it to not only punish him but to heal as he gives you barely any time to. Each moveset is given a tell tale, so you don't get frustrated learning the movesets.

    • Unlocking his fight is a puzzle and is so unique in the game. The build up to his fight makes you feel you need to be prepared and ready. You can even fight Kalameet without doing the puzzle.

    • The arena, if you pay attention, it's Darkroot Basin. The ladder, the waterfall, the big space. It's perfect for the boss and after you find out Royal Wood is Darkroot Garden it makes it all the more a treat when you realise Basin is Kalameet's arena.

    • You meet the fourth and final knight of Gwyn: Hawkeye Gough. He gives arguably the greatest and deepest dialogue in the game. About the abyss, about Artorias, about ancient dragons and his tragic story. The tree sap on his helmet is amazing detail also. He is my favourite NPC alongside Siegmeyer. It makes me sad people don't talk about him enough.

    • Kalameet is the best dragon fight in the entire Souls series. As mentioned before, he's not bullshit, unfair, gimmicky or is difficult because he one shots you and has a big health pool.

    • He is optional, nothing about his fight is actually shoved in your face. He is a treat boss fight if you actually explore and take your time with the game. And I like that. I find From's greatest content is the stuff you can't find so easily. i.e Cainhurst Castle.

    Now, I'm sure I can think of a hundred more reasons why he's the greatest (if not one of the greatest) fight in the game, but these are the first thoughts that spring to mind. If you played this game and haven't fought this boss, I recommend highly to make it a priority, you won't regret it.

    Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

    submitted by /u/grantdredelic
    [link] [comments]

    Man fuck blightown

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:18 PM PST

    first time playing ds1, only have played ds3 before and just completed that few days ago so got ds1 as a lot of people say its the best in the series. i am loving it!

    just got to blightown though and man fuck that place

    submitted by /u/treebearddarryl
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else currently doing this?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:58 AM PST

    Playing through DS1 remastered again because I can't obtain a ps5 for Demons Souls. Close enough I suppose.

    submitted by /u/CasMazz
    [link] [comments]

    Remastered & DLC

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:39 AM PST

    Hi, there is the DLC in the remastered version ? If no, the dlc works with the remastered version ?

    I finished the game and don't find the past's portal.

    submitted by /u/eWasMe
    [link] [comments]

    noob question: how do I roll with heavy armor?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 03:25 AM PST

    So this is my first souls game and I just bought the chainmail armor from that shopkeep in the undead burg. I equipped the armor but when I try to roll with my character he flops onto the ground then gets up. How do I get him to roll normally? Also I don't know if this helps but I chose the bandit class and have just been putting souls into strength (at 26 str now).

    Also, how do I beat that knight in undead burg? Do I need to practice parrying?

    submitted by /u/AfroCAW
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished a shield only game and it made me feel like I playing the game for the first time again!

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:15 AM PST

    It was an actual challenge and it was amazing never thought I would actually do it at first but glad I did lol.

    My next challenge is bow only!

    Also bonewheel OP.

    submitted by /u/Iro144
    [link] [comments]

    There's a pick axe in this game?!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:58 PM PST

    I've been playing since release of the original version, and in that time have beat this game around 15 times and put in countless hours across various runs, but I have never had that drop for me.

    Guess thats what I get for loathing fighting the Boulder ogres so much.

    Love that even now I'm still discovering stuff about this game

    submitted by /u/advisablecone
    [link] [comments]

    How I can restore a currupted save data on PS3?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:49 AM PST

    Sorry, I'm not fluent in english but I really need help

    Guys, it's a very bad day. I was walking at The Great Hollow and my PS3 turned off. When I try to start the game, appears a message:

    Save data is currupted. Would you like to repair the save data? Currupted profile will be discarded. Ok/Cancel

    (Cancel) Fail (Ok) Would you like to create a new save data? Ok/Cancel

    (Cancel) Fail (Ok) Failed to create a save data. Please exit the game and manually delete the save data.

    How can I delete the save? I think I lost my platinum save progress. And now I can't play in any other save because the game doesn't start.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Xurrumino
    [link] [comments]

    Will going to SL 121 effect my matchmaking?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:41 AM PST

    So Im currently level 120, with 29 Endurance, but the armour I want to wear requires that I have 30 in order to still fast roll. Would going to level 121 effect my matchmaking?

    submitted by /u/Sissuyu
    [link] [comments]

    stabbing forward

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:34 PM PST

    in videos i always see people stabbing directly infront of them and not swinging it how do you do that do i need special weapon

    submitted by /u/funnycoolepic911
    [link] [comments]

    Glitches

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:42 PM PST

    I can't post the video here for some reason, but I just logged back into dark souls remastered today and had a glitch happen I've never seen anywhere else. Is there anyway I can post the video?

    submitted by /u/trolllover2
    [link] [comments]

    I have so many problems with dark souls 1

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:22 AM PST

    So im playing ds3 for a really long time now and i gotta say i got really good at it. But now as i started ds1 im a damn idiot. I have navigation problems, i cant dodge for shit and i fuck up in every possible way :( I need someone to guide me a little bit through the game. I appreaciate every help bcs i really wanna get into it.

    Preferably over discord in english or german but english is (clearly) not my mothertounge. German would be coo.

    Discord #Ziemon0831

    Cya

    submitted by /u/SmoughsHammering
    [link] [comments]

    Killing solaire

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:19 AM PST

    I'm in ng+ and I want the sunlight talisman. will killing him have any effect on the covenant?

    submitted by /u/JosepStalinn
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good weapon for new game plus?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:28 PM PST

    Can't get enough of this game, but can't do enough damage. What's a good weapon I should get?

    submitted by /u/Arno_N7
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone taken the fours king boss room and lit it up?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 01:08 AM PST

    Just wondering what it looks like

    submitted by /u/the-bigg-buff-cat
    [link] [comments]

    Planning on getting the dark souls remastered version how does ot hold up to 3?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 10:36 PM PST

    I plan on getting all of the soulsborne games before eventually playing them in order and wanted to know hiw the controls, dodging, etc etc hold up againt 3 please and thank you!

    submitted by /u/uthio
    [link] [comments]

    Baldur Side Sword Build For New Player

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 12:16 AM PST

    Hey so as the title says I am a completely new player to dark souls and just started remastered yesterday and I heard the Baldur Side Sword was one of the best weapons in the game so I grinded it out and it took like 3 hours at Undead Parish and I was just wondering what was the best build for it, like should I use it two-handed or one-handed and if it's the latter then what should be in my other hand and stuff like that, I don't know much at all about the game so any advice is appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/dariusss17
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for dark souls

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 10:02 PM PST

    I've never played a dark souls game in my entire life. Its on sale on Xbox One for 12 bucks right now and I want to pick it up but before I play can you guys give me any tips? Or should I just play through and learn on my own?

    submitted by /u/HypnoticFilm
    [link] [comments]

    Is Remastered a good place to start?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:02 PM PST

    I've really been wanting to get into the Souls series as I've heard nothing but good things about it but I only have a Nintendo Switch...is the remastered version a good place to start or should I wait a bit more to see if I can get a new console?

    submitted by /u/JesseLuma64
    [link] [comments]

    At what slvl is the PvP community active on N.Switch?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:59 PM PST

    Can't seem to find anyone active online :(

    submitted by /u/Skorflash95
    [link] [comments]

    ... I actually did it.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:53 PM PST

    After getting quarantined on Tuesday I decided that it was time to sit down and beat this god forsaken game. My save file on my switch was just past the Bell Gargoyles so I figured I'd just pick up where I left off. My younger brother used to make fun of me because I was absolute trash at the game. I mean like hot doodoo garbage. For example in DS3 the last time I fired it up it took 8+ tries to beat The first boss. So I sat down in my room determined to best DSR.

    It took me awhile but I started to notice things like my reactions just becoming second nature. I started understanding how hits tracked and when to roll through vs away from attacks..... was I.... was I "getting gud"? H&S was my first Real challenge that knocked me down a peg and made me really dial in and be patient. Not panic roll, but roll to my opening for attack. Beat it on my 3rd attempt to my absolute delight. After beating them Sif was my next wall to overcome. That's when I started noticing patterns like if he swings from your right he won't double swing but if he does it from your left get ready to roll again.

    I cruised through the game with ease (except Sen's fortress fuck that place.) I found myself at the end beating the Artorias DLC in one go through minus getting my cheeks clapped trying to summon Sif for his revenge. Now here is sit in my desk chair absolutely elated with the fact I busted Gwyn with Sun Bro at my side. I can't remember the last time I was proud to say I beat a game but now I look forward to playing through the rest of the soulsborne series. :)

    submitted by /u/Broscheertoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment