• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 14, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH!!

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 02:50 PM PST

    After a few hours, I've finally beat them. I took Smough down first, and by the end of the fight I only had a fraction of my health and no Estus Flasks left. They were really cool

    EDIT: Thank you all so much for being so supportive! This community is awesome!

    submitted by /u/RoughTrident
    [link] [comments]

    [SFM] [DS1 final area spoilers] I made an SFM animation of my take on Oscar's last encounter in the Dark Souls beta.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:07 AM PST

    Xbox sale

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 10:04 AM PST

    All 3 games are on sale for the next 6 days on Xbox marketplace FYI.

    submitted by /u/bry8771
    [link] [comments]

    Painted World of Ariamis

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:32 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Hf057zW

    took me few days to finish because of my potato laptop lol here's my latest art!!

    Thank you all for being supportive, I'll share more :))

    submitted by /u/ItsmeMark22
    [link] [comments]

    Third time's the charm! I am finally retiring after beating Dark Souls three times, in NG, NG+ and NG++! Goodbye Age of Fire, let the Age of Dark begin: I am ready to face future real world challenges. Thank you for teaching/reminding me what perseverance and hard work meant.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 12:45 PM PST

    I first started playing Dark Souls (Remastered version) in January this year, after a friend pushed me to do it for some time, and after we've had countless discussions over why Dark Souls is better than Skyrim :D And while Skyrim remains my favorite game of all time, I couldn't help but get sucked into the fascinating dark fantasy world that Miyazaki-san has created. It's literally a metaphor for real life, its struggles, lows, highs, with a significant emphasis on perseverance and the rewards life gives you when you finally find yourself and succeed in what you do, while remaining grounded and fairly bleak.

    I couldn't get into it right away obviously, because of how blindingly difficult and unforgiving it was compared to Skyrim (and so many other games of our generation), so I laid off and uninstalled the game indefinitely. Then, in June, thanks to COVID-19 and the lockdown, I decided to give the game another shot and said to myself "I will push myself to put in the work in this game, even though I don't feel like it!" And soon enough, after many hours of farming and killing the same enemies over and over again, and finally progressing to the first Bell of Awakening.. this whole beautifully dark world, full of undiscovered, mysterious places, and a grand story, was starting to open up before my eyes, and I was starting to feel more confident with each bonfire, and "Victory Achieved" screen!

    Long story short - I ended up beating the BASE game after 20 days of playing, with most of my frustration coming from Capra Demon and Gwyn, both of which have handed my ass to me 20+ times (Ornstein and Smough were not much of a problem for me). But then I found out that I didn't activate the DLC and missed the opportunity to fight the actual toughest bosses in the game, Artorias, Manus and last but definitely not least, Kalameet.

    So naturally, I started the NG+ cycle, and found out that the game is suddenly 2x harder than the first time around, the bosses were dealing double the damage, they had bigger health bars, BUT they also rewarded me with more precious souls this time around. Alas, I was used to the base game and I plowed through most of it with little to no trouble. Enter the DLC: I wasn't ready for what came after the Royal Wood... Artorias beat the bejesus out of me, 30+ times, until I finally adapted my playstyle and said to myself, haha, "Gwyn is a child compared to this guy"... So I killed him, went on to fight Manus and lo-and-behold, his "bad reputation" on the internet intimidated me, and I must have died to him 30+ times as well... The next day I came back, and destroyed him the first time around, because I had his moveset memorized to the smallest detail (including magic, which was easy to avoid with proper technique).

    Lastly, I realized that the huge dragon in his waterfall valley/lair (Black Dragon Kalameet) was an optional boss, because after I defeated Manus, the DLC storyline was obviously over, so I never even activated the optional dialogue with Gough, I left him just before he decided to ask me if Kalameet was giving me trouble....

    Sheesh... so it was time to do another whole cycle, NG++ just to get to Kalameet. I plowed through the entire base game AND the DLC within 2 days, and when I finally got to Kalameet, I realized he is THE hardest boss in the whole game, hands down, especially in NG++, haha... I beat Gwyn on my first try after that and became the Dark Lord.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that I obviously got obsessed with this game and everything about it in the summer and the months that followed.... Thank you to my friend who got me into it, I guess.

    To me, Dark Souls feels and plays like a deep, recurring dream... Its world doesn't strike me as particularly realistic, or immersive as some other RPGs, nor does it try to be, and the extraordinary level of interconnectivity just confirms both the "gaminess" and surrealism of it all. It's supposed to be reminiscent of reality, but in a dreamy kind of way, where everything is convoluted and silent (lack of lips movement from NPCs, and general lack of music), sometimes abrupt (bosses) and mysterious (the subtle story). It's great, 'cause this dark interactive dream sucks you in, and when (or if) you're done playing, you can't believe you woke up, and you miss this dream world obsessively through your waking life... It's like a perfect game of chess... It's like a great philosophical novel.. A myth on its own, worthy of Beowulf and other classic works...It shouldn't be called an action game, an RPG, a medieval fantasy, blah blah... It should be considered an interactive dream, one that you can come back to whenever you want to.

    Dark Souls is more than a game, it's a lucid dream, an experience every one of us will remember as something that they really lived through.

    And so, my Elite Knight Set +10, Zweihänder +15, Great Lord Greatsword +5, and 20 Estus Flasks +7 can finally be laid to rest, and my blonde, ponytailed Dark Lord can rule in peace, in total darkness....

    submitted by /u/phoenix_the_bird
    [link] [comments]

    Should i buy Dark souls 3?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:34 AM PST

    So i got my new pc and i wanna get in dark souls but i cant afford all of them in like 2 or 3 month.Should i buy remastered or Dark souls 3 ?

    submitted by /u/qketz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get back to the DLC without warping after you complete it?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:20 AM PST

    Recently purchased Dark Souls Remastered on steam. Going for all the achievements except light the bonfire. Meaning I can't light any bonfires. Meaning that I only have 3 places I can rest and warp(Firelink Shrine, Daughter of Chaos, Anor Londo).

    I just beat Manus, and I homeward boned back to firelink. But when I returned to the warp, I found it to be missing. Is the DLC gone for good? I didn't get a chance to kill Kalameet.

    submitted by /u/AR-Sechs
    [link] [comments]

    Best game to try after Dark Souls 1?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:19 AM PST

    I know there's two Dark Souls games afterward, but I've actually tried those, and didn't really get into them as much as I'd hoped. Maybe they just felt a bit "too" similar to me? (I've only gotten maybe 20-30 minutes in both 2 and 3, and I don't have them anymore.)

    There's also Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Demon's Souls, so I was thinking one of them.

    The thing I loved the most about Dark Souls 1, is the combination between exploring the areas to see where they go, being cautious as to the dangers that come ahead, strategizing to take down the bosses when I get to the fog doors, finding new armors and weapons, upgrading my stats (specifically, strength and health), and so on. I also do love the intensity that encounters have, and the super tight controls.

    I also loved the overall non-linearity of the game the most. It's not THE most open of maps, but I loved having the ability to pick which direction I wanted to check out, and see if I found anything and the like.

    It's a blast, and I loved the original Dark Souls 1. Dark Souls 2 and 3, however, maybe I just didn't play them long enough, but in both games I kinda felt "meh" after a certain amount of time. (Although, I believe in both games, the game only had one path so far, while you had multiple ways to go from Firelink Shrine in 1, so maybe that's it?)

    Mainly, I just love the danger, the tight controls, the satisfying weapons landing hits, the exploration, the concentration and precision needed. It's a blast.

    If I loved all of these things about Dark Souls 1, which would you recommend being the next best thing I try (without it merely just being more of the same inherently)?

    Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, or Sekiro?

    Also, anyone have experience on the Surge 2, and how it compares to Dark Souls?

    submitted by /u/Shadoremi64
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a noob and fell into the trap that his the drake sword

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:03 AM PST

    So I am a noob at dark souls and on my 1st playthrow (I know crazy at this point that anyone has not played this game). I was able tho to not spoil myself much in the game. I did not watch playthrows or anything as I heard half the fun of the game is discorving the vastness of the game on your own. Well as I was playing a creature I thought was a dragon in the undead burg kick ass on the bridge with that fucking fire. So when I finally figured out how to get under him I saw his tail and intently thought I have arrows wonder if I can cheese him so well I shot a shit ton of arrows at his tail and it at some point fell off and I got the drake sword. At 1st I was like thought it was a dragon but nevermind that. Then I looked at its stats and was like dam this shit way better then the trash im useing so I equipped it. And it was magical for awhile. Well now I have reach Anor Londo amd got to the part where the nights are fucking everywhere right after the stupid ass Archer night that has fucking huge ass arrows. Anyway with only 5 Estus in my flask because I also have no humanities left to kindle the bonfire here im am finding it nere impossible to get throw this part. And not only have I done trial and error how the upgrade system works on game cause well why bother I have the drake sword but also there no way back to Andra if I wanted too...so I do not no what to do...I guess just like drake a fealt powerful but really was a lesser player....I guess this is my punishment for trying to cheese a boss...anyway help what do I do how can I fix this...I thought about just restarting game but that thought is just terrible to think about..

    submitted by /u/JohnnyCakes57
    [link] [comments]

    I did it ! I finally did it !

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 07:59 PM PST

    Afters a few hundred tries I defeated the Asylum Demon ! On to the next level 🙌🏼😈

    submitted by /u/Autumnturns18
    [link] [comments]

    I got stuck on Checking save data

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:05 AM PST

    i watched so many videos and i looked at so many forums but i cant found any solution. can someone help me?

    submitted by /u/I_Efesios
    [link] [comments]

    I was going to vamos the Smith and something happened lol

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 02:35 PM PST

    I went down the hole and I messed it up and fell to my death and as the corpse of my character fell into his entrance the cut scene played and when it ended I was alive!!! Full health and all ahaha.

    submitted by /u/supremeramenking
    [link] [comments]

    Glad I stuck with it

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 11:20 AM PST

    After a 3 hours of play I rage quit and submitted a refund request to Steam. I'm glad they denied it. 23 hours later I am *hooked*! What a rewarding, deep game!

    submitted by /u/Caffeinated21
    [link] [comments]

    Farmed a demon great axe right off the bat. Whats a cool fast weapon to wear in slot two

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 11:02 PM PST

    I like the axe but I find fast mobs hitting me before I can get a swing off 50% of the time. I farmed 31 strength before I even went into the depths. I think i'm going to put in 30 faith. I have 10 dex. So maybe something that takes advantage of that? 1h Axe, or Sword preferably. Already did a mace run. Open to ideas and suggestions. Happy Fridays /r/darksouls

    submitted by /u/fuck_hd
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or does Domhnall of Zena have very standout voice?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 03:19 PM PST

    I know that Matt Morgan voiced a few other characters in the souls games but Domhnall's voice is so chipper that it stands out a lot for me.

    submitted by /u/hoptropik_CZ
    [link] [comments]

    I just can´t believe it.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 03:10 PM PST

    I just beated, in my second try, The Bed of Fucking Chaos.

    I´m not here to brag about it, I´m here because I didn´t believe in this "different players struggles with different bosses" and - after killing this thing that all of u said was a nightmare and struggled like hell with the four kings for like five days - fucking God that´s so fucking true.

    Every day that I play this game, the more I love it.

    That´s it.

    That´s the post.

    Thank you for reading.

    Praise the -fucking- Sun.

    submitted by /u/Revolutionary-Home63
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought the game ��

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 07:24 PM PST

    I have experience with ds2 and 3 ready for the fun times ahead I'm ready to git gud and if anyone wants to give some advice I'll certainly take it

    submitted by /u/a_allen4261
    [link] [comments]

    My first tattoo.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:05 AM PST

    Does using darksign not make you hollow?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 11:27 PM PST

    So I've been having an absolute blast with my new dex build with the balder side sword. Fucking love this sword. Ive been implementing little tricks and strats ive seen used by the ones who are actually great at this game.

    But ive been impressing myself every step of the way, actually pulling off what i used to dream i could do.

    Anyways i found myself at a point where i needed to die. Did a run for firebombs. Got said firebombs. Didnt want to run all the way back. Then i remembered darksign is a thing. Immediate death. Cool.

    I was human but eh, ive got some spare humanity. Killed myself. Onwards with my Immediate journey.

    Now its like 15 or so minutes later, im readying my overpowered self for sens but i notice im still human? Shouldnt i be hollow?

    submitted by /u/_konvikt_
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to create divine halberd

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 05:36 PM PST

    I'm trying to create a divine halberd. Looking at one of the wikis here it indicates I need my halberd to +5, a green titanite shard, and a white titanite chunk, all of which I have. I assume I'm misunderstanding something because the only weapons Andre will make divine for me is the occult club and the claymore. Any advice?

    Edit: oh my gosh so embarrassing...I was looking at the downgrade screen not the upgrade screen ffs. Thanks all...double checking if I gave the divine ember is what made me realize it was another mistake!

    submitted by /u/idontliketopick
    [link] [comments]

    I've been taken back to undead asylum with no prompt after finishing the game

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:16 AM PST

    This was my first playthrough, and i got the link the fire ending, but after the credits finished i ended up back at the start of the game, in the undead asylum, with no choice of whether or not to go back to firelink. I wanted to do all the DLC and stuff so is there any way i can go back?

    submitted by /u/JogJonsonTheMighty
    [link] [comments]

    [PC-New] I need someone to distract Kalameet long enough for me to cut his tail. Please help.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Remastered edition PC:

    I've been trying for two hours to solo cut his tail and it's just been a nightmare. Password: Kalameet. I'm right outside his fog gate. You don't even need to reply to this post. Just turn the password on, make sure there's a capital K, and let's goooo lol

    submitted by /u/BMcSwick
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best Soul Level for Oolacile Township?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:54 AM PST

    (Remaster) I am currently Soul Level 69 (nice) and it usually takes me about 8 minutes to invade someone, should I increase my level? Souls are not a problem because I have a bountiful of them

    submitted by /u/Exile4444
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment