• Breaking News

    Friday, November 20, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Arachnaphobe wanting to play Dark Souls 2

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:43 AM PST

    I've been thinking about buying dark souls 2, but I've heard that it has spiders. The only thing stopping me from buying dark souls 2 are the spiders. I'm deathly afraid of spiders (I'm uncomfortable with insects, but I can deal with them). Are there any spiders in Dark Souls/ spider bosses?

    submitted by /u/DatPieceOfCake12
    [link] [comments]

    Scholar of the First Sin is the best souls-borne game.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:26 PM PST

    So many people hate on Dark Souls 2 but I simply don't get it. At least as far as SotFS is concerned, it's easily the best FS game I've played by a long shot.

    It has the best/most flushed out magic system (Hex are OP sure, but sooo satisfying - n2m the secret covenant). I thought it had the best PvP personally. Some of the most memorable fights ever (smelter demon and fume knight come to mind), and some of the best levels/zones. Its melee combat was fun, being faster than DS1 but not sperg-speed like BB or DS3. It was a nice middle ground.

    It's story was amazing too, with the Giant's invasion and inevitable fall, mirroring the eventual fall of Drangleic.

    The DLC's are probably the best in the series overall, with fun, simple puzzles, strong and end-game worthy spells and equipment, and dope mini storylines.

    Anyway, just wanted to vent my frustrations after years of hearing how awful DS2 is, especially with Demon Souls just re-released. I may just have to buy this game again on Steam 😀

    submitted by /u/xplicit_mike
    [link] [comments]

    Fanart sad King Vendrick

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 04:28 AM PST

    King Vendrick

    Finished DS2 last week, little Fanart for King Vendrick.
    Why don't you allow images on /r/DarkSouls2 ???

    submitted by /u/KillerGmbH
    [link] [comments]

    Now that I have played all 3 games, I can definitively say that DS2 is my favorite.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:26 AM PST

    This is not a particularly surprising statement to see considering this is the DS2 subreddit but all the same, I wanted to share my thoughts.

    I have recently bought a PC powerful enough to run the more recent games including older ones that I haven't played yet. So I started with DS3 and I can finally play it in its max settings and that's what I've been playing for the past 3 weeks now. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling that can't-get-enough-of-playing-this-game feeling that I have with DS1 and DS2. I like the first 2 games for what they are and DS2 comes out on top, with DS1 just a breath below it.

    How can I say that I like DS3 the least? Well, as I was playing earlier I find myself muttering to myself how I wish I have my DS2 copy so I can run it again. And at that point, the illusion shattered and I realized I'm playing DS3 as an obligation to the series, not necessarily because I'm enjoying it. I don't hate it per se, but I'm not particularly thrilled most of the time either. I'm just going through the area without too much passion for it. The only reason I haven't ditched DS3 yet is in hopes of me finally "clicking" with the game and loving it. In comparison, DS1 and DS2 clicked with me within the first 5 hours of gameplay. While I'm at 40 hours with DS3 and I'm now looking through guides (thanks Blue Lizard Jello!) in hopes of making my playthrough quicker so I can at least finish the game in its entirety.

    I realize my post sounds a lot like I'm trashing DS3 but this isn't the case... the point that I was trying to make is that I wish I was playing DS2 instead.

    Anyone else who played DS3 that felt the same way?

    submitted by /u/tv_trooper
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought Dark souls 2 in the Xbox store for 9.99 ���� really excited to play 2 for the first time ☺️⚔️ .... ps I hope it’s not as bad as everyone is saying

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Anything that different about 2 compared to 1 or 3 ?

    submitted by /u/Autumnturns18
    [link] [comments]

    Real talk, it doesn't make sense that you can't infuse hammers/greathammers with Bleed.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:53 PM PST

    I know what you're thinking. "You idiot, maces and the like don't have sharp edges to cut with!"

    Now, sure, fair enough. But it's not like internal bleeding doesn't exist, or that crumpling the outside of a body part couldn't result in veins/arteries being torn and exposed. I wouldn't want to walk around with an arm crushed by a warhammer with no sorts of bandages or whatever.

    Also, you can't infuse the Morning Star with bleed. The whole bloody point is to puncture people with it! Sure, it already has it innately, but the majority of weapons with innate elements outside of a select few boss weapons (the ones with self-buffs, usually) can be infused anyway, so it doesn't matter! It would've at least made it stand out a little bit more from the rest of the hammers, currently it basically stands as 'the mace you use at the start of the game when you start with something other than Cleric'.

    submitted by /u/Gigadweeb
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of getting the DLCs.. worth it?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Also, can i enter them from NG+ and where?

    submitted by /u/Jackop195
    [link] [comments]

    Ps4 Sale Conspiracy

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 10:06 AM PST

    PS Store has a sale right now, and every souls is on it, except dark souls 2. Why, what is the reason? It was going on sale basically every month, but just when I wanted to buy it, it stopped. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

    submitted by /u/Blocky7
    [link] [comments]

    Ruin sentinels secret attack

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 04:42 AM PST

    I got far away from one of the sentinels and they threw their shield at me and they never picked it up so the couldn't block!

    submitted by /u/YabosBos
    [link] [comments]

    Welp on my way to Drangleic castle in my blind playthrough. I'm sure I messed up the order of things.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:34 PM PST

    Here's the order I went in so far, I'm pretty sure it wasn't as intended seeing as how I had difficulty at times in certain areas.

    1 Forest of the fallen giants

    2 Heides tower of flame

    3 Shaded woods

    4 Doors of Pharros

    5 Brightstone Cove Tseldora

    6 No-Man's Wharf

    7 Lost Bastille

    8 The Gutter

    9 Black Gulch

    10 Huntsman's Copse

    11 Undead Purgatory

    12 Harvest Valley

    13 Earthen Peak

    14 Iron Keep

    15 Belfry Luna

    16 Sinner's Rise

    I'm curious as to what your guy's play order usually is....

    submitted by /u/Raistlin745
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the chest armor that has what appears to be multiple weapons on the back?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:36 PM PST

    Title. I keep seeing phantoms with it and want to get it now

    submitted by /u/asfleshorasdust
    [link] [comments]

    Unorthodox builds and strategies: Poison

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:09 PM PST

    So you want to make a build for pvp/pve and you've already made a build with every stat combination?

    You know strength is slow and strong. Dex is weaker and faster. Quality is slow, strong and has more reach. Blah, blah, blah.

    Well here's a build that you may or may not want to look into or try out!

    DISCLAIMER: this build requires a ton of grinding if you want to wear the necessary gear.

    This build has a pretty fun purpose I think-- And that's to make you inflict absolutely stupid amounts of poison damage with a big stick. and be completely immune to poison damage

    Granted, Soul Memory gets in the way but I finished my build's stats at ~SL 130.

    STATS

    Knight

    Vigor- 30 Endurance- 20 Vitality - 15 Attunement - 10 Strength - 40 Dexterity - 20 Adaptability - 39 Intelligence- 3 (base) Faith- 6 (base)

    You can modify the dexterity, I like using Manslayer but it's by no means necessary. (Good for chasing and poking in invasions though)

    RINGS

    Crest of the Rat Flynn's Ring Poisonbite Ring +1 Ring of Resistance +1

    I'm using a +10 UNINFUSED Sanctum Mace and a +10 uninfused Manslayer

    "But why not infuse it with poison? Wouldn't that help with your poison build?"

    In theory? Sure, you'll get your poison procs off faster if the enemy happens to have built for a substantial amount of poison resistance. But first of all, literally nobody does that.

    Secondly, you compromise the scaling and base damage of the Sanctum Mace, and it loses it's overall burst potential.

    Same goes for the Manslayer

    Some of you might realize that the Sanctum Mace causes a nasty amount of self-poison damage.

    This build has a pretty straightforward way of dealing with that: we just make ourselves completely immune to poison lol

    That's not even a joke.

    Shadow Mask, Armor of the Forlorn, Sanctum Soldier Gauntlet (gives extra poison procs), and Shadow leggings put you to a healthy 33.1% poison resistance.

    Ring of Resistance +1 brings that up to 53.1% Poisonbite ring +1 brings it up to 83.1%

    Generally speaking, this is more than enough to completely shut down the poison mace on it's own.

    but we want immunity right? A common fruit will put you to 100% poison resistance with the aforementioned setup.

    Don't believe me? Here's some empirical data for you.

    The mace is unique in the way that it has a great club-esque moveset in one hand, and lance like thrusts while 2-handed. But it still retains the spin-to-win 2-handed strong attack of the great club.

    The mace generally poisons people in pvp in like, 2-3 hits. And since it has a lance-like charge attack in it's 2-handed moveset, it can poison players in a single dash attack on the spot.

    It also hits pretty damn hard, since we're gearing for strength and relying on poison boosting gear to circumvent our lack of an infusion.

    It does have some weird detriments, such as the lance-like stabs encouraging defensive playstyles and such. But it has enough range for this not to be THAT big of a drawback.

    If built properly, you should be at 69.9% equip load with a Blossom Kite Shield (blocking with a shield is too risky), which is important because we aren't going within 10 feet of equip load reducing gear due to Flynn's Ring being required to make up for our damage loss. (I mean you could probably use a Ring of Blades +2 but this build allows you to sacrifice poison for damage on demand by swapping the Rat covenant ring).

    The main idea I want you to take away from this is that the poison is a staple part of the build that's designed to not only deal damage, but give you a free burst opportunity with a great hammer if they decide to eat a moss in your face.

    I'd upload clips of me beating people in pvp but I haven't been recording my fights. (Also, I'm really lazy to go and capture footage of this lol)

    I hope this build inspires some people to use weapons besides poison infused fists/spider fangs and use a build that they could actually deal damage with lmfao.

    That's all!

    submitted by /u/Kefka_Janar
    [link] [comments]

    What is better than Bastard sword +10?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:51 AM PST

    I've been using the bastard sword ever since I picked it up . I've upgraded it all the way and seem to have hit a wall as far as increasing damage output. I'm at 40 strength 28 dex. What's a good sword that doesn't have faith or intelligence scaling that can outclass the bastard?

    submitted by /u/ChaoticDendrite
    [link] [comments]

    I can't seem to understand how matchmaking and soul memory works

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 07:08 AM PST

    So, if I understand correctly, you are matched by "soul memory" which is bassically all the souls you ever gained, regardless if you used them for leveling or not.

    Does this mean that I want to stay at a certain soul level, I shouldn't kill more enemies? at all?

    If this is right, maybe i'll just level forever and reach the level cap.

    submitted by /u/zodiac9094
    [link] [comments]

    Cheating Sunlight medals, please hear me out

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:48 AM PST

    So the thing is, I've been collecting achievements in DS3 and DS2 SotfS, got both dark seals. I'm now about to get the dark seal in DS2 standard but since there seem to be no Falconeers before NG+ and farming them or Banediggers is pretty terrible and I've already done enough farming and will farm for Hidden Weapon. My SM is really high already and online play is not only inactive but also connections are generally terrible. And I don't have anyone who owns DS2 standard who'd have time to get me the 30 medals.

    I started to consider cheating them. I have no problem getting any other spell than the sunlight spear in the game especially since I do not need DLC spells for DS2 standard all achievements.

    I wanted to ask if anyone has any idea how I could get the medals in any other convenient way that doesn't include farming the things betwixt Falconeers in NG+ or the Banediggers.

    My second question would be if I get banned for cheating in 30 Medals in offline when I go online afterwards. I do not have a problem with it but I would like to try everything else before I get myself banned.

    submitted by /u/LordSpinnered
    [link] [comments]

    When I bind "Q" to lock on it says "H" in settings and I walk forward when I press it. Any fixes?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:51 AM PST

    To clarify both H and Q work as lock on it's just that when i hold Q i also walk forward at the same time.

    submitted by /u/Zomeiro
    [link] [comments]

    Learned something new

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 06:08 PM PST

    Never in my many years of playing dark souls 2 have I seen the pursuer use its dark magic heat seeking missiles. I was fighting one near the gender swap coffin, saw it rise onto the air. I genuinely thought it was about to self destruct

    submitted by /u/Weevil_weasel
    [link] [comments]

    GeDoSaTo updater 2.0 error

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:26 AM PST

    It has an error so i cant mod ds2

    submitted by /u/YabosBos
    [link] [comments]

    A total shot in the dark

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 09:15 AM PST

    I've been waiting for SotFS to go on sale on the ps store for months. I can't justify paying $50 for a game I've played before (on PS3), knowing I'll eventually be able to get it on sale for $10. Does anyone have a physical copy that they would be willing to lend to a stranger while I wait for the digital version?

    submitted by /u/scott_od
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer Help (Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin for PC) - United States

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 08:53 AM PST

    Hello,

    I know this is an older game by now, but I was wondering if it was possible to play this game with my brother who lives in Japan. He has the same version but we have trouble connecting for some reason.

    submitted by /u/m4rkoh
    [link] [comments]

    Still going through my first/blind playthrough, and just took down the smelter demon.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:23 PM PST

    So why does everybody bitch about the smelter demon? I died about 5 times facing him, but overall had a fairly easy time with him. I had no problem anticipating his patterns once I knew them. If anything I had a lot of fun with the fight.

    submitted by /u/Raistlin745
    [link] [comments]

    How to do a dark caster

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 06:25 AM PST

    if your just here for the stats and stuff you can skip to the this, after doing my own research and looking at others findings i believe i have found the most effective dark caster for regular non-one shot uses. the cap for softcap for dark is 40-40 in int and faith but 50-50 isn't to much of a waist if you have the stats to spare. i cant take full credit for these findings as i had a lot of help along the way.

    you will need:

    A dark sunset staff+5 (acquired from Felkin the outcast when speaking to him with 20 in int and faith)

    A chime of want+5 or Caitha's chime+5 (chime-ow is acquired from transposing Neshandra's soul. caitha's chime in Drangleic castle) chime of want has higher damage but has a lower cast speed.

    abyss seal (acquired when speaking to dark diver Grandahl when at max pilgrims of the dark covenant level) increases dark spells by 7.5% at the cost of 30hp per cast, use at your own discretion.

    king's crown (acquired from killing Vendrik and returning to shrine of armana) gives +3 int and faith with a +6 hp bonus.

    or black hood (acquired from Straid of Olaphis after trading 4 boss souls with him) gives +2 int and faith and +11% cast speed.

    or hexer's hood (acquired from talking to Felkin the outcast when speaking to him with 20 int and faith) gives +1 int and faith and +10% spell uses

    spells (can be acquired from Felkin the outcast, dark diver Grandahl, soul transposition and found in the world.

    hope this helped, happy hexing :)

    submitted by /u/p0emb0y
    [link] [comments]

    We are but moths and we are DOOMED!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:52 AM PST

    This probably was pointed out, but Darkest Dungeon is very close to Dark Souls if you change it a bit:

    There is a place, beneath those ancient ruins, in the moor, that calls out to the boldest among them... "We are the Flame!" they cry, "And Darkness fears us!" They descend, spurred on by fantasies of riches and redemption, to lay bare whatever blasphemous abnormality may slumber restlessly in that unholy Abyss... But Darkness is insidious. Terror and Madness can find cracks in the sturdiest of armors, the most resolute of minds... And below, in that limitless Dark Chasm of Old, they will realize the truth of it. "We are not the Flame!" they will cry out, "We are but moths and we are DOOMED!" And their screams will echo amidst the pitiless cyclopean stones... Of the Drangleic Castle.

    submitted by /u/Bege151
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment