• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    you know that cavern down in the Catacombs?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I hear it's wheely good this time of year.

    submitted by /u/GrandPlat3
    [link] [comments]

    How to have a plus15 weapon before iron golem. (I know it's not as cool as ymfah's guide but if it helps some of you.)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Preparation: Take the master key as your starting gift. Start as usual and make sure to kill the crystal lizard before taurus demon and the one in the darkroot bassin, they have fair chance to drop chunks and large titanite. Kill also the black knight in the Undead burg and the one in the tower after the rats. (2 free chunks) To the parish, make your weapon plus5 by farming titanite shards or by buying them. Kill the gargoyles and collect the basement key and buy the reinforcement kit.

    To plus ten: Go in lower undead burg, kill Capra and loot the great ember in the depths. Get out of the depths asap. Go too Blighttown collect the great shards in the swamp, you can also farm them by killing the green slugs but the droprate is terrible. Then, or you go back to Andree to upgrade your weapon or kill Queelag with plus5, long but not that hard. Return to the parish and give Andree the large ember if not before and upgrade yout weapon. In sen's fortress, There is 4 great shards, the crestfallen merchant that sells them for 4800 souls and a berenike knight that drops them quite often, make sure to collect the gold serpent ring and to kill the 2 giants, the one behind the illusory wall at the beginning of the area and the bomb throwing one, the both drop one chunk each. Now, You should have everything for plus 10.

    To plus 14: Make sure to have a high poise armor like the elite knight armor or the stone armor. Go to the entrence of new londo and break the pots, in one of them there is 2 curses. Use them in order to kill the ghosts and proceed as usual to the guy in the red pyjama who gives you the key to the seal when you have the lord vessel. (Ingvard i think he is called.) Kill him to get the key. Open the gates and catch the very large ember as well as the Two chunks hidden in chests. One behind an illusory wall, the other in the room just before the 4kings. Now you have 6chunks, more if the lizards of the beginning dropped some. You need only 7 for plus 14. If you have only six, farm the chunks on the darkwraiths, with the gold serpent ring, it's quite easy to get one fast.

    Plus 15: Or farm a slab on the dark wraiths or go back to the asylum and kill the stray demon, it's a 100% drop.

    I hope it will help some of you.

    submitted by /u/AwscarOfAwstora
    [link] [comments]

    I beat dark souls 1 I have officially completed every soul game, pretty cool

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    I'm not sure I can keep playing Dark Souls

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    It's been a fair few months since I put my best boy Gabe to rest - he was the first time I sucked in my stomach and didn't parry Gwyn. That felt good, like maybe I was good at Dark Souls.

    Anyway, in the intervening months I've been in and out of jobs, moved back in with my parents (pre-covid), bounced between medications and dosages, and just generally have been in a weird... liminal space, I guess? It's tough, but I still manage to brush my teeth, so it could be worse.

    As a long-time lurker on this sub, though, I've seen a lot of posts about Dark Souls being a transformative experience in a dark place - an opportunity to be pummeled again and again, only to rise back up, stronger and more resilient, and finally break through. It takes place in a fading kingdom, its inhabitants fast losing hope against tasks and foes which seem too colossal to best - about as on-the-nose as possible for someone whose inner world is falling apart. And now I was in that dark place, and I needed to find a sun for myself.

    I'll let you in on a secret: I've never won a PvP fight. I've had dozens of them, and I've lost them all. I usually play offline so I don't have to sweat it, but I always miss the player messages and the specters on the way, so for this run I decided I'd let it all in to really immerse myself. I started a deprived character, bought a spear, slapped on some hollow armor I scavenged along the way, and slowly picked my way to the undead church. My instincts were still there. It was nice to be back. I upgraded my spear to +3 and made a push for the bell.

    I don't know how I missed the invasion message, but upstairs, while I was fending off hollows, a dark spirit stepped out from behind a corner and showered me with magic (Pursuers, I found out), killing me instantly. Shrug, point down, done. A piece of reality bled into my game, and I had no chance.

    I shouldn't have taken it personally, but I just woke up from a four hour nap. I don't want to go hollow.

    submitted by /u/MaladroitDuck
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 1

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Why do some bonfires give me 10 healing bottle things while others give me 5

    submitted by /u/maxieflexie
    [link] [comments]

    I'm lost

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I started playing dark souls 1 a few days ago, without help of a friend, I killed the assilum demon, the other guy in the castle, the goat demon and the gargoyles, I have already ringed the first bell, now I don't know where to go, I went to a place with some squeletons and got destroyed, I went to a place with some trees and found a weird bug boss but I didn't kill him cause I'm not a mage, I went to an other place and found a giant hidra like monster, I climbed a ladder and walken some more and found a giant wolf boss, I found also a place with ghosts but the thing to kill them is really expansive so I can't kill them, I found a place called blight town and now I'm there lost not knowing what to do, I found a bonfire in a cave close to a spinning thing in blight town, now I don't know where to go so if anyone could help I would be Very glad

    (Sorry for bad english I'm still learning)

    submitted by /u/christianredditor333
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my first play through.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    I did it. I got gud.

    The soundtrack to the Gwyn Battle is on par with some of the most beautiful and delicate piano pieces my ears have bore witness to. I feel that the key, melody, and rhythm capture the essence of this conclusive battle as I found myself facing off against a "demigod" whose fire is fading. He haves his blade erratically, defending the honor he has left in his eroding humanoid vessel.

    It's a fittingly beautiful end to an unfathomably immersive game. Thank you for everything, Dark Souls. I genuinely love this game and the community it garners.

    Don't go hollow, mates.

    submitted by /u/severusvape_69
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts after beating dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    I just beat dark souls for the first time and uh... Wow This is one of those experiences that can not be replicated This is the best video game I have ever played. I can't wait to pay the rest of the souls games Fuck. I have so many good things to say about it. My favourite boss was Artorias for sure. His design is awesome, his moveset is so beautiful and he took 15 estus to beat with no bullshit, no unfair anything. All the bosses in the dlc were up there at the top as well (although I do feel a bit cheesy for using the greatshield of artorias the entire time).

    I think the only things I was disappointed by is some of the bosses. Which is really weird for me to say because that's one thing that makes dark souls great, but sometime while I was making my way through Sen's fortress, I went to a friend's house and tried out DS3. The first boss iudex gundyr was more fun than any of the bosses I had fought so far in DS1. That definitely my perspective bosses. But hey that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them, it's just when I fought gimmicky and easy bosses after that I couldn't help but feel disappointed Speaking of disappointment, Gwyn??? The fight was deceptively easy. After having played the dlc earlier that day, I expected Gwyn to be the biggest challenge I had to face. I went to the kiln and when I saw that I could summon solaire. Before the fight I thought to myself that I would summon him for the first try for the spirit of friendship, but for the inevitable second try, (after all this is the final boss) I would go alone. In the end, it was just two guys beating up some old guy chilling in his property. And on top of that, the cutscenes were really disappointing too. The game has so much cool dialogue with NPCs, amazing cutscenes and memorable locations, but the ending has no dialogue, no cutscene with Gwyn and a really brief and confusing final cutscene. And I spent so little time at the kiln of the first flame I almost want to believe the dlc was the end of the game. But hey I still had the best video game and just overall media experience of my life.

    Well, it looks like the way I expressed what was so good about this game was by talking about what was bad. This is my favourite game and it feels like nothing can compare to it, except maybe the other souls games and soulslikes that I am going to play as soon as I can!

    Sorry if this post feels clumsy and poorly written, I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts together Edit: grammar lmao

    submitted by /u/idudiestar
    [link] [comments]

    I managed to cheese Haval by making him fall off a cliff, but his ring hasn't shown up after a reload. What's up with that?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    I want to play DS again, but i've already exhausted the flame

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Hello! i grew up on the dark souls trilogy and i've finished all the games more times than i remember. i know the games' content and lore more than i remember what i studied in class last week. i really want to play the games again , like REALLY , and i have them all + bloodborne, but at this point nothing surprises me or makes me react or feel like i used to before , i've "exhausted the flame" so to speak lmao. what should i do? anyone in the same boat? i really miss playing these games and finding all the secrets and encountering new things but since ive done all of them so many times its just kinda nostalgic and boring :L please share any advice or experience you have!

    oh wow , this post got a lot more replies than i thought , thank you guys!

    submitted by /u/MoonCultArt
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of Chaos

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the fight, and many of you will look at me as if I'm a crazy person. It's not a fan favorite boss at all, but it's in my top 3 favorites. I love how funny it is when your running towards her, all serious like, and she just swipes your ass of the edge. It makes me laugh everytime. What kind of experiences and/or funny deaths have you guys had while fighting the Bed of Chaos? I'd love to hear them. :)

    submitted by /u/xtraGeona03
    [link] [comments]

    I just beated four kings first try

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    I don't know if using giant's armor catarina gauntlets and catarina pants was too busted because the dude kept doing little damage, the grabs were kind of annoying and I had to chug some estus but that's about it. The skelly dude was harder had me repeat 3 times but I only had to just attack him a lot because most of the damage that the other skeletons kept doing to be was meaningless and that's it.

    Honestly I don't know why but beating most of these dudes for the lordvessel has just been a piece of cake maybe tanking with armor and poise is too busted I might just use just enough armor to light roll for the next boss so that I have to dodge more instead of just tanking.

    So far the worst bosses have been early to mid game and had more than one enemy in the bossfight, the gargoyles sucked and I had to learn their attack pattern perfectly while dying like 50 times and had to use a faster weapon than a zweihander because I couldn't even do an R1 before they destroyed me.

    Next was Capra Demon because of the annoying dogs and I had to sadly use a drake sword to defeat him because of the countless times he massacred me so I cheesed it.

    Ceaseless discharge was kind of a challenge, I didn't quite understand his attack pattern.

    The fatty demon with the lance throwed bombs that killed me 4 times and also had an annoying attack that lasted for a second which confused me, otherwise pretty easy.

    The next dude that came after him killed me once or twice but then I discovered I could maim him so that's what I did.

    Finally Ornstein and Smough were pretty rough, they managed to kill me 5 times in the first phase because I didn't know how to approach them but I killed ornstein and then smough and got his soul.

    And that's pretty much it.

    submitted by /u/Danolix
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 NG+6 Ornstein and Smough (no RTSR)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    Unobtainable item drops.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/db5vm7Z
    The first one is Gargoyle's tail I believe. The second Gargoyle in Anor Londo dropped it.

    And in second picture, I killed the Royal Sentinel on stairs and he dropped an item in mid air...

    submitted by /u/Elementlr
    [link] [comments]

    What darks souls would you recommend for a beginner?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    So recently I've been watching reviews and stuff for dark souls and I think it looks pretty cool, so I have decided I wanted to get one, I just don't know which one. I think maybe remarsted, but others say to start with 3 because there is alot of online help, can you also get online help in remarsted?

    submitted by /u/hara0329g
    [link] [comments]

    2 Years wedding Anniversary

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Me and my wife where stuck at home this year because of covid. So we decided to play dark souls. Today at our 2 year wedding anniversary we finished it and got platinum trophy. Best gift ever!

    submitted by /u/Rgielissen1
    [link] [comments]

    Bug or intended feature?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    So after I defeated Artorias, I killed Ciaran, Hawk and then I went back to where Artorias's grave made by Ciaran. When ever I come near the grave, The words "But how" keeps appearing and disappearing which is really creepy.

    submitted by /u/CoongVieetj
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me kill 4 kings, I beg you

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    DSR on steam: Guys I have a strength focused build and its too late to level up dex, all i got is battle axe +9 and dragon tooth. Can anyone on European time help me kill this asshole sometime? Americans are asleep by the time I game.

    Please I beg you. I work from home so I will adapt to your schedule to summon you.

    Poor noob boah

    submitted by /u/isyankar1979
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered & First Time Playthrough

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    I got the game today and have been playing off and on for a few hours. Not only has it been one of the most frustrating games I've played, but it has brought me more than a few laughs at my own stupidity. Any tips or strategies for a first time player?

    submitted by /u/gottliebe
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls bonfire pumpkin I tried to make

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/MoJGYJO

    its not the best but its better than what I have made any other year.

    EDIT: sorry for the low quality image, I took it from my phone

    submitted by /u/Treerex61
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I beat Taurus demon

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    So I started a new game yesterday and I realized I really suck at dodging the attacks from taurus demon. It feels like his attacks always hit me or he just pushes you over the edge. Does anyone else have difficulty with bosses that are supposed to be easy?

    submitted by /u/PolishSpinningToilet
    [link] [comments]

    Bleed question

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I just got the Iaito blade and wanted a mechanic clarification. So when it builds up to bleed it takes 30% of the enemy hp. Is that 30% per strike after bleed is achieved or do you have to build the bleed back up again?

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Manus NG+ finally toast

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    I recently played Dark Souls for the first time and absolutely loved the experience. My brother is a big From Software fan but I always thought they wouldn't be for me, too hard and cryptic etc. Dead wrong! I loved the experience, sped through it in a week, loved learning about the world through items, the bizarre fantasy, the incredible interconnected map, the characters. I didn't find the first play through too difficult and went straight for NG+, which largely was easier due to having leveled up a lot in the first play through, but nearing the end of NG+ here I got STUCK on Manis. Like wow, he just was obliterating me, and if I could dodge enough to get his health down to half he'd get me before I could seal the deal.

    Just gave it a try again today back in a light build with the Dark Woodgrain ring and one shotted it. Feels so good to succeed in souls, you earn it! Anyways, first post here, just wanted to share some joy. Can't wait to wipe Gwyn again. Saved Solaire this play through from a friend hinting I should give 30 humanity to Quelaag's Sister, but unfortunate trade off Onion Knight died this go through and I never got to find where his final adventure was in my first game. Guess I'll have to NG++ :) but maybe 2 and 3 first?

    submitted by /u/reelbigtunakdn
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help on Gwyn

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    Ps3 need Help bad cant even live 2 mins against him Please help Play station name - ElderGeezer6555

    submitted by /u/SmallBusiness655555
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment