• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 24, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve spent the last hour cosplaying an idiot, and it’s amazing how many people try to be helpful.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    To dig in, I've got a SL35/70k character who had beaten the game. All 4 crowns, both invisible rings, the works.

    Normally, I'd spend my time invading people and dropping cool armour pieces I'd farmed for, but today, I thought I'd do something a little different.

    I went to Heide's Tower of Flame, boosted the area level to level 3, stuck on some noob gear and pretended to be a complete novice to people I summoned. I put a lot of effort into it, including the tell tale sign of leaving it a few seconds to make it appear as though I don't know how to gesture.

    Imagine my surprise when I don't just clear the level with some people, but consistently when I summon people, they're all manners of helpful! Some dropped effigies, others put on the red eye ring to protect me, and one chap even dropped me +10 Ivory King gear!

    This community is so wholesome that even when I try to troll them, they still power through!

    submitted by /u/TheGreatZephyrical
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the game and I totally regret everything I said about it

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    I just beat Dark Souls 2, I went through all its ups and downs and I'm very disappointed. I'm disappointed in myself. After beating the game I realized I never truly gave it a fair shot, I complained about the game the whole playthrough and now by beating it I realized how wrong I was. This game is now in my top 10 and is by far my favorite Souls game. I just wish that I gave it a fair shot, instead of hating on it from the start. I realize now that this game is truly something special and I can't wait to play it again.

    submitted by /u/David_East
    [link] [comments]

    (PS4)IM OFFERING HELP TO ANYONE AND ANYWHERE IN THE GAME.I CAN HELP ANY SOUL MEMORY! ILL HELP WITH ANYTHING

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Just shoot me a message. I just love cooping with people and helping people so don't be shy! And let's have some jolly coop

    submitted by /u/Idkmyname2014
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon wont spawn(SotFS)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    So the dragon in heide tower of flame wont spawn for some reason,instead of a dragon i found an old knight(didnt even knew the dragon existed).i went there after a while cuz I missed that part I was around harvest valley,I went there did everything killed dragonslayer(didnt see dragon during that),and recently I discovered of a luck boosting shield(watchdragon parma)and I need to kill a dragon to get it so I go back there and no dragon also no hiede guy.This some glitch?also are there other ways of obtaining watchdragon parma?the only other dragon I've seen is in the crown of sunken king dlc but it looks nothing alike in skins tone

    submitted by /u/--Neo
    [link] [comments]

    Boss fights are fun.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    I heard that DS2 boss fights are bland and boring. Coming from DS3, I enjoyed every last one of DS2 bosses ( even Pursuer who kicked my ass). This is the number of deaths I had per boss so far:

    The Last Giant: 4 times

    Pursuer: 15 times

    Dragonrider: 1 time

    Old Dragonrider: 0 time

    The Ruin Sentinal: 0 time (extremely fun. But the first blow from first Sentinal jump scared me)

    Belfry Gargoyles: 0 time (Very difficult, but also fun. I didn't know I had to kill them one by one. Instead I hit whichever came my way, causing four of them to f$#@k me, however I managed to finish em off.

    The Lost Sinner: 0 time ( I couldn't see shit in dark. So I increased my screen brightness a bit)

    Skeleton Lords: 0 time (Very easy, but super fun. It reminded me of Undeath mod from Skyrim.)

    Executioner's Chariot: 2 time ( first time I fell into black hole right of dog gate when I entered. Second time, wrong timing when rolling)

    Imma head to that poisonous area. Wish me luck.

    submitted by /u/stoneheart1996
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone mind helping me with Iron Passage

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    I beat DS2 yesterday and I want to finish up iron passage before I start NG+. It's been giving me a lot of trouble.

    submitted by /u/David_East
    [link] [comments]

    How do you riposte?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I recently beat dark souls 1 and am about 3 hours in to dark souls 2 and whenever I successfully parry I can't execute a riposte and it just does a regular attack. I would really appreciate some help.

    submitted by /u/cat_on_crack_
    [link] [comments]

    I braved the Cave of the Dead, and defeated the Gank Squad this morning!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    I was doing some boss clean-up, and I wanted to take on the infamous Gank Squad boss.

    Goodness gracious, it was mayhem! Petryfying statues and their cluster variants, Sanctum Soldiers, the totally not 'Tremors' worm, and the boss arena itself.

    When I got to the gate, I popped a Brightbug, and went to challenge them. Using Raime's ironing board sword, I knocked over the Havel monster and kited the katana tryhard along the cliff edge so the one with a greatbow couldn't get a clear shot at me.

    The Havel monster was the first to fall. Then, the katana tryhard was next. Finally, I crushed the greatbow cheeser with a single crushing blow following a parry. And thus, I was victorious! Bless the Fume Knight Ultra Greatsword!

    submitted by /u/kingdomcome3914
    [link] [comments]

    Well damn. Highest riposte/crit damage I've ever done/seen. 4900!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Okay so im not sure but I thought that engraved gaunts could not proc on a riposte right? Im just not sure how i did so much damage. It was against the phantom (ng+8) in brightstone cave, thats by the bridge with the spike pit thing and worker hollows. The one thats immediately to the right before the bridge.

    I was using a lightning infused curved dragon GS, i got 98 dex/80 str and 92 faith/92 int. I had brightbug buff on (infinite brightbug spots are so great lol) and used sunlight blade. Rings were Flynn's/+2 blades/3rd dragon and the weed ring. Theoretically I could have hit even higher if I had on a lightning clutch ring instead of the chloranthy.

    But yeah. I parried him and basically one shot 'em for 4900 damage. The most ive ever done on a riposte before is 3800 i believe. Few things i think could be the case: 1) hes extremely weak to lightning damage 2) (even tho i thought this to be impossible) I got lucky with engraved gaunts and had added crit damage on top of the riposte? 3) its because I was using a brightbug and sunlight blade vs sunlight blade and sacred oath? However I didnt think that BB would give that much of a damage increase. From what ive noticed my high AR weapons obviously benefit more from BB vs sacred oath, but still not that drastically.

    Whats also weird is that the CDGS provides the highest riposte/crit damage out of any weapon it seems. Even though my crypt blacksword has like 60-70 more AR and a higher return damage modifier, its crit is still a little lower than CDGS. I wish they made it easier and put the crit modifiers on the menu so you could see them.

    Anyone got ideas? I suppose that phantom might just be super weak to lightning.. But that's still considerably more damage than ive done before. Unless the brightbug just made it scale super high? Im so confused haha.

    submitted by /u/SrslySam91
    [link] [comments]

    Drop chance

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    How rare is the old knight ultra greatsword I have been farming for a few hours and haven't got it

    submitted by /u/Linty559
    [link] [comments]

    Help cosplay Thanos

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I want to cosplay thanos. Any suggestion on armors and weapons ?

    submitted by /u/Endurantmarren
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    I'm having more trouble killing the Fencer in the Iron Keep than I had with the bosses. Can somebody help me kill her please?

    submitted by /u/jaesmoen
    [link] [comments]

    i am starting DS2 i have just finshed the other dark souls 1 what build would be best for DS2. it would make my day :D .

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    U can also say what weapons are good aswell :D

    submitted by /u/Technical_Variety129
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a miracle similar to cast light?,I dont wanna waste my fire butterflies and my torch time is quite low

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    People who like Covenant of Champions; Why do you like it?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Just curious. Started a new playthrough and decided to do a CoC run since I saw someone say CoC plus the mod I'm playing (Augur of Darkness) was the most fun they had in Dark Souls 2. I beat Last Giant and honestly don't know why they thought that. The game is two-shot city for my health now for everything that isn't a trash generic hollow. I get one-shot if I'm hollowed.

    Aside from spammier enemy placement from the mod, I'm fairly certain the damage number changes are from CoC. So, anyone who likes CoC, why do you like it? I honestly just want to know what aspect of it makes a playthrough better for some people.

    submitted by /u/SrTNick
    [link] [comments]

    Is the dragon rider twin blade a good weapon for an INT character?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Infusing a Gyrm Axe or a Butcher's Knife would be a bad idea, right?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    I am doing a build using only axes and just wanted to make sure. The Gyrm axe has B str scaling, and the Knife has an even better A scaling. So a waste, correct?

    submitted by /u/Gregory_of_the_Deep
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for players struggling with mechanics.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    Make sure you experiment with weapons. I feel now that weapon variety is this most vast and well balanced in this game vs the rest of the series. I found spear, veeeeery effective. There are a lot of hallways and tight corridors in this game, get yourself a spear and go for backstabs. Greatesr animation in video game history (there I said it ) the spear backstab in DS2 is the greatest animation in video game history...well, maybe second only to Lara Croft taking her clothes off, but I digress. So if you are struggling with this game, experiment with weapons. Maybe you have been using the weapon with the highest AR and are getting owned because you are an R1 smasher. Switch to a smaller weapon and stunlock fools. Think DPS over AR.

    My second point has to do with healing. If you know you are about to go into a tricky situation, pop a couple of life gems first. Also, don't be affraid to Estus. My advice is practice Estus while walking, count in your head how long it takes your guy to finish the "non walkable" (Haha you like that, I realize immobile is the word, but I'm leaving it.) portion of the animation. That's all the space you need, usually it's the same time it takes to land an attack. So heal when you can, don't mash buttons. And if you mash R1 and can't help it, switch to a smaller weapon snd stunlock.

    submitted by /u/Nuclear_N8
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have any tips for beating Sihn as a pure sorcerer?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    Right now I have:

    1) 39 Great Heavy Soul Arrow

    2) 8 Soul Spear

    3) 5 Soul Greatsword

    4) 2 Soul Geyser

    5) 5 Homing Crystal Soulmass

    6) 12 Soul Vortex

    But it feels like it's not enough? Also I gotta get better at dodging that breath attack cause holy shit that nukes my build lol.

    Also how do I build a decent DPS caster? Do I just keep pouring point into INT?

    Current build:

    VGR 22

    END 22

    VIT 5

    ATN 50

    STR 3

    DEX 7

    ADP 22

    INT 98

    FTH 6

    Currently level 178. I'm still figuring out sorcery haha, I finished my first playthrough with a kings Greatsword and Havels Armor, just hitting stuff. Sorcery is much more complicated it feels like. Also what rings should I use? I tried the Northern ritual band +2 but that health penalty is massive.

    Also I currently use a Staff of Wisdom +5. Should I infuse it with magic? Does that help anything?

    I have a couple soul vessels left so I can change my build if necessary. Also defeated darklurker already so if I gotta go the hex route I can probably farm for that as well.

    I just want my spells to do more damage to be honest.

    submitted by /u/greydestruction
    [link] [comments]

    When does casting speed drop off,or does it even drop off at all?I'm worried about focusing too much,also is there a limit to lightning spears because with 3 copies I can only get 12 spears but when I put on northern band still 12 and not 15

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    200% Equip Load Blue Smelter

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/780091077 Fresh game, no bonfire aesthetics used, no items dropped. Going for the dlc over encumbered next!

    submitted by /u/Kronosfan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment