• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    In some ways, SL1 is quite pleasant

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    I thought it'd be this hardcore thing where I'd always be sweating and tryharding. But it's actually a really low-stress way to play. I don't have to worry about lost souls, can run past whoever I want, can explore more freely, but most importantly I have no ego in a SL1 run, so I never get frustrated with myself or the game.

    Currently stuck on O&S and no death has pissed me off, if anything most have made me laugh. Died a lot yesterday and I was just able to put it down, decide to come back another day, and sleep soundly. It's hard but it's relaxing.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find some lore videos like Hawkshaw's?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    Not looking for Vaatividya

    For those who don't know, Hawkshaw is youtuber with a handful of heavy lore videos revolving around Dark Souls 1. They go in very deep into the lore to some unprecedented extent, I'm talking in-depth to the point of cracking the significance of the Chloranthy Ring before Dark Souls III pushed it into the forefront.

    I've been itching for this level of in-depth lore analysis with some great eye for detail and the such.

    submitted by /u/Magnificent-Moe
    [link] [comments]

    Ash Lake is my favorite place of all

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    Ash lake is just so god dang unbelievably beautiful and i dont even know if I spelled that right. But as we all know Dark Souls doesnt have a lot of music but is good cause when music is played it really helps seperate the place and set the tone like firelink in Lordran. The music in their has you feel at home. But ash lake is so jaw dropping and leaves me at awe everytime I think or see it its honestly the most beautiful thing that I cant get over out of every game Ive played. When I first found Ash Lake, the atmosphere, scenery, music especially, and just little use of area but the feeling of lots of secret lore was just outstanding. I could and still can just go to Ash Lake and just sit there for hours! Im telling you hours! Just sitting there at piece amazed at everything I look at. Sometimes before I hopped off Dark Souls I would just sit at ash lake for a good 10 minutes. Ash Lake will always leave me astonished. And the music is so beautiful.

    submitted by /u/VrtileX_Twisted
    [link] [comments]

    What got you into the souls games?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    For me it was Spanish youtuber "Muzska"

    submitted by /u/Turbi222
    [link] [comments]

    Is the remasterd version of darksouls 1 different from the original besides the graphics

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    It's always sad when someone kills gwynevere, and anor londo go's dark

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Bell Gargoyles is awesome

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    They're tough as nails but they're really fun to fight. They may be one of my favorite video game bosses of all time and I haven't even beaten them yet. They are also fair and I feel like I have a chance to beat them(unlike Capra demon, which I've been fighting for four hours and am avoiding for now) Aesthetically they are also really cool, the arena is awesome, and the music is fire. I don't see how any boss could be better than them

    submitted by /u/RoughTrident
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck my life

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    I just killed pinwheel on my new character with a +0 zweihander, died at the same moment that pinwheel died, didn't get the souls and died when I tried to retrieve my lost souls. Guess who's creating a new character?

    submitted by /u/tangentbaker
    [link] [comments]

    Moonlight butterfly.....

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    What a shit boss(as a melee class)

    submitted by /u/charliechopper2006
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat it ��

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    I booted up DS for the first time on PC about a decade ago. Today, I beat Gwyn for the very first time. I have completed 2 and 3 between then and now, but the first was always this elusive beast that drove me to madness. It felt like forever before I was able to properly grasp the rhythm and succeed. Here's some observations from my first true playthrough:

    • I fucked up. I beat Gwyn without going to the Abyss and was forced into NG+. I am deeply saddened that I have to do a whole new playthrough to see the DLC, since I am burnt out on sorcerer. But ....

    • I actually paid attention to the lore. Unlike 2 and 3 I learned the story exclusively by playing. Thusly, I am going to make different (big) choices next time with a different build, that I can move through the DLC with.

    • While this game has aged sort of poorly, mechanically, it did something special that the others did not. I was FORCED to use everything. No unused stacks of items in my inventory. I had to level multiple weapons for different situations. (I generally favor one or two and don't stray) I LEARNED TO PARRY.

    • The verticality, the openness of so many areas, the cohesive world building. Ungh. YES. I decided to avoid the master key and was glad I did. The excitement of unlocking a shortcut, memorizing the map, being more and more efficient. I have never struggled so hard to succeed and have never felt so rewarded.

    • The characters felt the most fleshed out of any installment. I cared about their journeys, and their well being. Like, a lot. I gave a damn about everything. The plight of this hellscape felt so real.

    • The bosses were unique as fuck. Gwyn gave me more trouble than anything. I beat Chaos on the first try. I was floored at each fight, even if I was basically cheesing every fight simply by being a caster.

    I'm sure I could rant for ages, but these were some of the highlights I had to rant about. I don't have any personal friends that are as much of a Souls junkie as I am, so I had to take to the internet and gush. Thanks for being such an obsessive community. I'd be lost without all the fan art, theory crafting and lore discussions. Good luck, Skeletons. Praise the sun ☀️

    submitted by /u/Faithful_Moryn
    [link] [comments]

    Discussion - what are your top 5 types of weapons?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I just want to spark discussions, and will begin by posting my own list (from favorite to 5th)

    1. Greatswords: Classic (mostly) quality weapons, reliable, versatile, and fun to use with high damage and good poise damage, a good moveset but not too slow, greatswords are just... great. The claymore is there, the MSGS, what's not to love really?

    2. Curved swords: Fun dex weapons for hit/spam/run tactics with great DPS and super stylish moves. The backflip attack that replaces the kick is pretty cool, and curved swords have a super stylish moveset in general that encourages aggressive play.

    3. Hammers: While their moveset may be basic, it's just incredibly fun to repeatedly clobber enemies upside the head at a relatively decent rate. I prefer them to greathammers because they work well with greatshields in tanky PVE builds, and they aren't so slow to constantly feel like you're getting screwed over all the time.

    4. Halberds: Varied movesets and long range with good damage make these weapons fun, and makes it a game of spacing and range. Unlike most spears they usually have a more versatile sweep, and the spin attack some have is beautiful when executed well. Halberds are also very dissimilar from each other, and most movesets are unique.

    5. Straight Swords: The classic workhorses of weapons, straight swords favor versatility over all else, and are like the jacks of all trades. While sword and shield may not be the most interesting way to play, its certainly not a bad way. 2 handed moveset is a little weak, however.

    submitted by /u/_o313
    [link] [comments]

    Who do we think is the furtive pygmy

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    I have been wondering for a very long time who might be the furtive pygmy. Many theories have arisen of who it might be, or that he does not even appear within game. Manus? The mad King? Was our DS1 character the Pygmy all along? These are theories I have heard. I wanna see what all of you actually think. No bad answers, I just want a discussion.

    submitted by /u/MintMouse20
    [link] [comments]

    Are you kidding me -_-

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    So I killed the boar in Undead Parish and it didn't drop the boar helm, I even consumed 5 humanities to increase item discovery. Is there a way to get this later on, or did I just miss out on one of the best helmets in the game (that I know of)?

    Also im new to this game and I really like it so far.

    submitted by /u/RaihanHA
    [link] [comments]

    Altering builds in the middle of a fight?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    How do you feel about it? Kind of a cheap move or totally fine?

    submitted by /u/taway4sumreason
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in upper blighttown and I just insta die from poison, wtf do I do?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    I have reached the upper part of blighttwon. I put on the highest poison resistant armor I had, yet I still get poisoned from 2 hits by basically anything. If I get poisoned I'm just dead even after drinking 5 Estus flasks. I don't really have any other areas I can go to right now other than some place in Darkroot Basin, where I'm pretty sure I'm underleveled because everything takes like 5 hits to kill, and 1 hits me.

    What do I do? I only have 8 poise, do I just have to farm to level it up?

    submitted by /u/EskilPotet
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Gwyn without parry and shield for the first time

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Yesterday, I just watched a bunch of ds1 lore videos and Gwyn and his age of fire's story hit me hard. Then I wanted continue his age of fire and decided to not use parry and shield this time and have an honourable fight with him, just for the respect.

    He kicked my ass many times because it was my first time actually fighting him, then managed to kill him with Cleric starting gear (Mace +14) and 20 STR 10 DEX.

    Now I understand why he is the final boss and he is in my top 5 best bosses.

    Also plin plin plon hits different when you know the story and actually fight him. I almost cried after the fight. Poor Gwyn.

    submitted by /u/ssLoupyy
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown elevator

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    So I didn't expect leaving to be this difficult. I think I'm almost out but I keep getting killed by three shit ogres in what I believe to be the tunnel out. Two of the deaths were environmental and one was getting beaten to death. When I try again I'm going to see if they will walk off the ledge if I get on the ladder. They aren't terribly intelligent. Side note, I haven't tried to fight the Blighttown boss yet.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    I might have messed up my game

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    I've entered the Catacombs as a level 36 and I have not attained the power to teleport between bonfires. I've went to the point where I'm at those annoying fucking SKELETON WHEELS. Is there any way to get out or am I screwed?

    submitted by /u/pwngage
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 1 OST Tier List

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    S+ | Gwyn

    S | Gaping Dragon, Sif, Nameless Song, Pinwheel, Daughters of Chaos

    A | Firelink, Nito, Kalameet, Gwyndolin, Overture, Taurus, Battle of Stoicism, O&S, Artorias, A Moment's Peace

    B | Manus, Four Kings, Golem, Gwynevere, Ancient Dragon, Quelaag, Priscilla, Dark Souls, Sanctuary Guardian, Gargoyle, Seath, Centipede

    C | Bed of Chaos, Discharge, Prologue

    submitted by /u/IceKlone
    [link] [comments]

    Is there not a single bonfire in send fortress

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    I've gotten so close to the top just to get hit off where the fuck are the bonfires

    submitted by /u/junkieboy05
    [link] [comments]

    Does this make any sense for him to say!?!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    My definition of a casual player friend who looks up tutorials and openly admits to using cheat codes, listened to the nameless song and said and I quote "it just sounds like some lady who is bad at yodeling"

    I don't get how he thinks?????!

    submitted by /u/chickenoken-king
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get dark grain ring before gargoyles?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    I'm getting bored of always playing high damage tanks and want I try a playstyle I don't normally do

    submitted by /u/IDontKnowWeWillSee
    [link] [comments]

    New Londo Ruins or Tomb of Giants?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    I was going through Tomb of Giants and then ran into the golden fog gate. A quick google told me I need to talk to Frampt. So my question is, should I just go ahead and do that, or should I fight my way through New Londo to talk to the other serpent?

    submitted by /u/LobsterBush97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment