• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 28, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I tried making Ornstein on MSPaint

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    How dark souls changed my life

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Everytime i trying to open the bathroom door but somebodys already inside, my brain says "dOoR doESn'T opEN fRom thiS SiDe"

    Thanks for Ur attention :)

    submitted by /u/quip-kun
    [link] [comments]

    Started drawing about year and a half ago, here's my second attempt at drawing Artorias!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    What is it like to live in Sen's Fortress?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    Too much ?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    It took me 9 Hours to get to it the Undead Parish

    I was Soul Farming at the Undead Burg for like 3 or 2 Hours.

    and at first when I got to the Firelink shrine. I have gone to New Londo Ruins and kept dying because the ghost ladies.

    is it okay to take all this time it is my first time playing dark souls

    note : I am at the blacksmith in the Undead Parish not at the start of it

    I was only soul farming because I wanted to level up my Vitality

    submitted by /u/1io5jmf
    [link] [comments]

    FIRST TRY!!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    I BEAT KALAMEET ON MY FIRST TRY

    MY HANDSA ARE SHAKING AND MY HEART IS POUNDING!!

    I AM THE DARKEST OF DARK SOULS!!!

    RRRAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

    submitted by /u/scrote_mcgee
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting thing I found about dragons

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    It always bothered me why the Hellkite drake was called a drake, and the drakes of the Valley of Drakes also called drakes, when they look more like wyverns (not having four legs, just two). So I looked into the Japanese and here's what I found:

    Ancient dragons are ancient dragons: 古竜 (ancient + dragon)

    Seath is a white dragon: 白竜 (white + dragon)

    The dragon in Ash lake is Ancient stone dragon: 石の古竜 (stone + ancient + dragon)

    Kalameet is a black dragon: 黒竜 (black + dragon)

    The Gaping Dragon is "voracious dragon": 貪食ドラゴン (voracity+dragon, though this one uses the english transcription of dragon, "doragon", instead of 竜 ryuu)

    Now, let's see the drakes and Hellkite:

    Hellkite is his name, and he is a "flying dragon": 飛竜ヘルカイト (fly+dragon+Hellkite)

    The drakes are "flying dragons": 飛竜 (fly+dragon)

    And they are found in the Valley of Flying Dragons: 飛竜の谷 (fly+dragon+valley)

    I conclude from this that Hellkite and the drakes are called "flying dragons" in Japanese to differ them from the ancient dragons. I think the English used drake to refer to them, as "Fyling Dragon" doesn't really have the same intended meaning.

    What I realized now is their appearance. The Drake Sword description in Japanese reads that they are distant relatives, and "failures" (officially translated as "bastards"). What is striking is that the drake's scales, in appearance differ greatly from that of other dragons, they are more spiky, while other dragons' are flat (except for Kalameet, who seems to have some spikes along his spine).

    submitted by /u/JapanTraveller44
    [link] [comments]

    This game is truly amazing.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    My fellow hollows or humans,

    I am so happy to have discovered and feel apart of this community. I just snagged this game during the recent steam sale. I already had Dark Souls II and Dark Souls III from an earlier sale in the year, but I actually had never once installed or played them. I think it is because my latent OCD prevented me from playing a game out of order. I had to start from beginning.

    So I waited patiently. And it I finally got the chance to fire The original Dark Souls (not exactly the OG, it's the Remastered, but I digress). This game is absolutely fucking amazing. Brutal. Challenging. Ass-handing. Intricate. Beautiful. Complex. Did I mention ass-handing? In all my years of playing video games from FPS, RPG, MMO, across many platforms I have never played a game like this. From the very first moments of being in the Undead Asylum I was instantly drawn to the very dark atmospheric elements. The combat is a little dated, but for someone who has played RuneScape before it was called "OldSchool RuneScape" it literally cannot compare. The soundtrack, the sound effects, even that first boss in the Undead Asylum made me almost shit my pants. All while having a seemingly active multiplayer/co-op community in-game.

    I decided to run a Cleric with DEX, because I've always been the one to go for a melee or strength build, and for some reason choosing to go for a more magic-style with some quick melee as my run seemed more interesting. As of writing this, I have joined the beloved "sun bros" and have unlocked the Lightning Spear. Every single enemy in the Undead Parish has fallen before my might, as a man of the cloth. The Tower Knight? Brought to his knees, swiftly, with 2 Lightning Spears. I summoned our beloved brother, Solaire, to aide me with my fight with the Bell Gargoyles. We made quick work of them. I rang the bell.

    Feeling confident, I decided to place my summon sign back by the side entrance where the Tower Knight lies. I wanted to help my fellow brothers. I have been summoned 10 times, having gotten ganked twice by the same Dark Phantom. I now have 7 of these Sunlight Medals. What they do, I know not. It's been years since I've felt this excited to venture forward and play a game.

    Praise the fucking sun.

    submitted by /u/EDCO
    [link] [comments]

    How Many Cheaters Are In the Remaster?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    I heard Dark Souls 1 had a cheating problem, but apparently it's better in the remaster. How common are cheaters assuming if any?

    I haven't played a Dark Souls game let alone much else in the past few years and just picked up the remaster recently. I'm just wondering what I should expect if I choose to use the online feature.

    submitted by /u/The_Great_Diogenes
    [link] [comments]

    I've played this game for years. I've done sl1 runs. I've done boss runs with no damage. I spent years getting gud and...

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    And I just died to pinwheel...

    submitted by /u/BottleOfSalt
    [link] [comments]

    Art made for Soulstober day 20. The theme was: Traitor

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    Good and efficient way or defeating Manus??

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    I've managed to atleast get him under 50% twice and that means that I have a chance of defeating him! What advice can you give me?

    submitted by /u/dzokataa
    [link] [comments]

    Is Miyazaki the architect of the Lore?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Is the Dark Souls Lore the vision of one person, and is that person Miyazaki?

    Given that it still stimulates discussion and ideas to this day, it suggests a strong, coherent framework that feels like the work of predominately one person. But perhaps it was more a team of writers?

    Has this part of the creative process in the game's development ever been discussed in interviews etc? Or is that itself speculation, the Lore of the Lore?

    submitted by /u/7NTXX
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire the cat

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    So, a year ago my cat got pregnant from other cat in my house, the mother and father are maine coons a cat breed that is known for their large size, one of the kittens born was yellow/orange when we where putting them for adoption when they grew up, a family adopted him and the named the cat solaire because of solaire (obviously).

    That's the story goodbye.

    submitted by /u/christianredditor333
    [link] [comments]

    TIFU by telling Patches I was a cleric

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    Title is pretty self explanatory, I rushed through the text and clicked Yes to Patches question and now I'm locked out of trading with him.

    I need Mask of the Dad for my build, please believe me when I say its not Giant Dad.

    Can anyone help me out?

    I play on Remastered on PS4.

    submitted by /u/wmc937
    [link] [comments]

    Storm Ruler vs Adjudicator Giant

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    What is the point of the storm ruler if the adjudicator giant doesn't die immediately from it? Wondering if someone else tried this and lost 80,000 souls.

    submitted by /u/shreewhatsup
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat Dark souls

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    I AM JUST A CASUAL GAMER, NOT A PRO GAMER OR ANYTHING.SO PLEASE IGNORE IF YOU FIND ANYTHING IN THIS REVIEW STUPID OR SILLY. I KNOW A LOT OF YOU GUYS ARE DARK SOULS MASTER PLAYERS. JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS REVIEW IS WRITTEN BY A FIRST TIME PLAYER.

    Finally beat Dark Souls......Until I played Elder Scrolls:Skyrim I was not into fantasy RPG games. I was more of a Sci-fi, FPS and adventure guy(Far cry, COD, Borderlands and AC mostly). After I finished Skyrim I was looking for a similar game and saw a lot of memes of dark souls trilogy in reddit. They were bragging about how awesome and how hard the games were. So decided to give it a shot. Downloaded dark souls remastered. The game started with an spectacular cut scene, describing the legend of dark souls(not getting more in to details.. may spoil the game). There's a lot a character choices to select from, like thief, wanderer, Knight bandit etc. (I chose pyromancer because of my intense love for long range attacks). When the game begin I was in a cell, no weapon,and wearing just a torn, ugly old rag. From there to the end of the game was an amazing experience. The way how's the world has been built is the main attraction of the game. The map isn't as big as Skyrim but It'll be quiet a surprise for the first time players. A lot of traps ,shortcuts and ambushing mobs. The game doesn't have that much of a story but if you pay attention to the first cut scene and the conversation with the NPCs you'll get the rest. The most important thing I wanna say is the game is fucking hard, I mean really hard. When we move on from one boss to another it gets worse. But the boss fights are the best, with annoying melee and magic attacks. There's very little clues or hints to what to do in the game or where to go next. In my opinion the most tiring task in dark souls is figuring out our next step. You will die so many fucking times, It's not a warning or challenge, It's a promise. You might complete assassin's creed or far cry without dying, but in case of dark souls DEATH IS INEVITABLE. I have died, a lot, In painful and annoying ways. I lost my precious souls and humanity just by pushed In to a gully. I almost rage quit several times. The game has a lot of unique mobs and almost every one them is annoying. From the skinny hollows to the black knights if you don't tread carefully or you'll be slayed. Another best thing I like about this game is it's weapons, a lot of powerful and badass weapons, Claymore, Black knight sword, great sword of Artorias.... Damn🔥🔥🔥.

    Anyway It was a great experience I will strongly recommend DS even if you are not a fan of these kind of games. Trust me, It's worth it.

    Looking forward to play DS2

    And thanks for this reddit community for helping me out and clearing my doubts.

    "PRAISE THE SUN 🌞"

    submitted by /u/SAG2001
    [link] [comments]

    why is the kiln of the first flame diffrent in every game?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    can the first flame move or something?

    in theory the kiln should be at the same place always cause its the spot where the first flame enlightened

    submitted by /u/Outside_Substance816
    [link] [comments]

    I did it

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    I finally beat ornstein and without summons. A weight has been lifted from me as I saw the goddess milkers and obtained the lord vessel.

    submitted by /u/JoshuaBlueballs
    [link] [comments]

    First time going through the dlc, wish me luck

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    So far I've beaten the sanctuary guardian with little trouble and found artorias

    submitted by /u/MaximusGoofus
    [link] [comments]

    I got my fingers crossed for the halloween sale

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:26 PM PDT

    DSR is the only thing thats missing in my collection

    submitted by /u/spyder616
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I play online?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    For the past week or so I've been trying to co-op with random people on several subreddits, and it literally NEVER worked. I can't ever see anyone's summon sign, noone can ever see mine. We always made sure we were on the same platform, had the right password, the summoner was human, etc. but nothing ever worked. I've been trying to invade people for the past like 2 hours in Anor Londo (SL 56), nothing. My region matchmaking is set to global, and summon sign visibility unrestricted. I forgot to add, I've only ever seen a summon sign ONCE. In the 160 hours I have on this game currently. I got invaded twice. That's it. Is PvP on Switch just that inactive or am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/Leruuu
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a mod that boosts up fps on low pc?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Its running fairly good on my potato pc. Problem is, i can only reach 60 fps on 800 x 600. Anything past that and 1280 x 800 will bring fps down past 60 and you know what happenes next. Just whos great idea was it to tie fps game speed to fps? Sigh... I know my pc is out dated, but i am trying to grab whatever i can here. Is there an specific mod that messes with textures or something and boosts the fps? Thanks for the attention.

    submitted by /u/ShinigamiOfPast
    [link] [comments]

    I want to make a pvp build for Parish, what sl should I be?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment