• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 28, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ancient Dragon

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Might be late to the party; while we know that the Ancient Dragon at the Shrine is an imposter, on my most recent playthrough I realised that the true Ancient Dragon is dead in Freja's area, all webbed up.

    Source: Ancient Dragon soul, and memory of ancient Dragon

    I assume Aldia created the Imposter Ancient Dragon, but did Vendrick's army kill the True Dragon, and then Freja took the corpse? :o

    submitted by /u/TheScarletSpider2018
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my damage so inconsistent?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Rocking a black knight great axe +5, a two handed heavy attack is sometimes enough to oneshot the normal guards in drangleic castle and sometimes it only halves their hp. I am so confused.

    submitted by /u/NotPillow
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT FUME KNIGHT!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    I DID IT! I ACTUALLY DID IT! IM STILL SHAKING! 11/10 best boss in the game!

    submitted by /u/thosedamngrapes
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks for the help Guts!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    I'm not a regular player of souls games but recently I went through a play through of Dark Souls 1 remastered, after that I remembered playing Dark Souls 2 on my Xbox 360 and never getting to end it, so I bought it on PC and started a run.

    I've been loving the game to this point but got a bit stuck at Earthen Peak, then it happened, as a berserk fan I was highly impressed when Guts invaded and destroyed me in pvp, I did enjoy the fight but as a noob I'm not even competent at pvping, after that I kept going up the tower and then I got surprised by Guts again.

    This time we didn't fight, he tried to help and showed me some places and things of use around the area, I never had that type of experience so I really enjoyed being aided and showed around while using emotes, it was quite fun!

    I hope he gets to read this if he is usually around this reddit, he was of great help! I hope I get to end my first run and practice enough to play pvp decently.

    Even if he doesn't get to read this I hope you all enjoy the little bonding we accomplished, a true friendship story is always nice to hear about.

    submitted by /u/AsierdeChelas
    [link] [comments]

    Attempted deathless again last night, beat 3 great souls and broke my record of 2

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    I've done playthroughs of ds2 like a dozen times and it's easily my favorite, and last night I was really in the zone, doing everything right, making safe decisions and using all I learned etc. I was able to beat Lost Sinner, Freja, and Rotten all without dying and I was feeling really good about the run. Then after Mytha I used my bonfire ascetic for the better CSSR and as I summoned Thomas and went into the boss room tunnel I waited a bit to bait the NG+ enemy out and then ran to the fog door, but still ended up getting stunlocked for all my HP. It was a massive letdown and I was so upset. I knew it was a sticking point cause they don't seem to be baited by alluring skulls. I could probably just fight them next time but the rapier isn't great for dealing with multiple fast enemies at once. If I can roll around until Thomas shows up that might help. That whole room in general kinda sucks. What would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/ds2isgood
    [link] [comments]

    Best early game weapon?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    First time play thru here.

    What's the best early game weapon?

    submitted by /u/Yeetman2377
    [link] [comments]

    "First, defeat the lord of this quarter" message in an area with no bosses

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    I am trying to use bonfire ascetics in the Lair of the Imperfect bonfire but it says that I need to defeat the area boss. The problem is, Dragon's Sanctum doesn't have a boss! Nor does Shulva. I just want to farm dragon bones. Help

    submitted by /u/SunIsGay
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Build

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Hello there, I am in my first playthrough in Dark Souls II, I finally decided to try it after playing all the other soulsborne games and Sekiro. So far I've been playing with a strength build but it's getting a bit tedious to go around with my Greatsword smashing everything I find, I want to try some other build, my brother always told me this game has the best PvP and the best sorceries and miracles in all the series, so I thought I will try a Dark build. I just wanted to ask this community for tips before changing my stats. If you have any ideas or critics are all welcome. Cheers

    submitted by /u/Asa3s3l
    [link] [comments]

    Smelter Demon Missing/ DS2

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    Guys, I simply can't see the smelter demon. When I enter his arena with Lucatiel, his health bar pops us and boss music plays, but he's nowhere to be found and both exits are now blocked, so I'm trapped with Lucatiel, and he doesn't talk lol.

    Seriously, help?

    submitted by /u/ed-vibe
    [link] [comments]

    Bell Keepers Covenant rank up

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    I'm going for a 100% in the game and I need to get rank 2 in this covenant to get Hidden Weapon sorcery. I know that I can farm at Belfry Sol defeating Mad Warrior 30 times. I also know that I can clean the area to use the Unveil miracle to know wether he spawned or not. But one thing I don't know is if I can do it all in NG+, or do I have to get to NG++ or use a bonfire ascetic?

    submitted by /u/rapha_bg
    [link] [comments]

    king vendrick is not dying

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm struggling with king vendrick (I have 4 giant souls) and my weapon damage is 380 but when i did hit him it does 150 damage and it's like nothing like 1% of his health, is there any other advice ?

    submitted by /u/MTB566
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry I'd like to build with the double Evelyns but I only have one where I find the other and then you can advise me what armor to put on and what levels to do? Thank you very much

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Had my first encounter with an invader today

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    Stuck trying to get to the Cathedral of blue

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    So I watched some footage online and this guy was able to walk right up to the fog gate at the Cathedral of blue while only having to fight a few Old Knights on the way. However I'm stuck here because when I make my way there I'm not only attacked by the Old Knights but also by like 5 Heide Knights. Then when I finally get up to where the bridge should be, I'm out of Estus, and there's a goddamn dragon that roasts me alive. Did this happen to everyone else? Cause it didn't seem to happen in the video

    submitted by /u/devdawg31
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Noob question, what happens with you burn a bonfire ascetic in Majula ?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    How many bosses are there? (separate dlc and main game in your answer)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    I've found 16 and killed 13 bosses, I think they're all main game

    submitted by /u/benisnotpretty
    [link] [comments]

    How to farm infinite bonfire ascetics, radiant lifegems, elizabeth mushrooms and human effigies without getting bored

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    WARNING: The place where you can do this is in the lategame, so be weary of spoilers. Also I don't know if this only works on SotFS or in the standard game as well.

    Aldia's Keep has an enemy that gets resurrected via bonfire ascetic and drops 2 ascetics. So you can do this infinitely while getting a bonus ascetic every time. This is incredibly useful in as SL1 run, which I'm currently attempting.

    Things you need: -2x Fragrant branch of Yore -(uprgaded Rapier if SL1)

    First time you enter the keep you have to kill Aslatiel. A guide on how to kill him with a rapier comes later. Then you go up all the stairs until you reach the caged basilisk. There are two petrified undead. Use your branches to unpetrify them and kill them. One drops herbs and an elizabeth mushroom, the other one two ascetics.

    Progress to the next bonfire and then teleport back outside. Burn your ascetic in the first bonfire, the one outside in the hut. The only downside of using an ascetic is that you have to fight Aslatiel every time so you can't just homewardbone out after getting your stuff.

    Edit: You can simply throw the ascetic in the first bonfire, get the radiant lifegem, travel to the second and collect your stuff without triggering Aslatiel. But that is pretty boring.

    What my cycle looks like:

    • burn ascetic
    • pick up the radiant lifegem on the stairs
    • run past Aslatiel (the door stays open)
    • run all the way up on the left stairs
    • on the most upper level turn right and run down the first staircase
    • one undead should be on this staircase but run past him to the other staircase and kill him when Aslatiel walks back.
    • loot the shroom and herbs
    • walk back the same way, the other undead should walk towards you. Kill him, loot the ascetics and go back down

    Now you have to deal with Aslatiel. I always struggled against NPC invaders so here's how I killed him in NG+7 on SL1. Some of it may be useful on a normal run as well. - twohand rapier - try to fight him in the open area instead of the hallway where he invades - don't sneak up on him and try to backstab. He turns around instantly and punishes you - only attack when he's onehanding. The twohanded moveset of greatswords has hyperarmor - bait out his combo and punish. The best way to do this is after a 1h heavy attack - spam R1 but keep a bit of stamina - after your combo he will stand still for around a second and then counter. Wait until you see him moving and parry. He always does a light attack or a quick heavy, you will parry him either way. This is btw a great way to train parries. If you don't want to parry just walk back and wait for the next opening - don't try to do a wakeup attack after the parry unless you have a fitting weapon/spell. - when getting hit, bait out attacks and then heal. Aslatiel loves to combo the air so use this to your advantage - if you did die, use an ascetic anyways and collect you souls while sprinting past him. Even if you die every single time you still get shrooms and ascetics

    You can get an effigy if you manage to kill Aslatiel or use your ascetics to refresh areas with effigies like the first Forest of the Fallen Giants bonfire which resets the 5 effigies in the chest between the bonfire and Majula.

    I did this 10 times and although this way of farming is quite time consuming I find it pretty entertaining. Running from Aslatiel, getting rid of him, claiming your rewards and then challenging Aslatiel is fun. And I didn't feel like it was the boring farming method of running to A, running to B, reset. Surprisingly the biggest problem of this farming method, the invader is what makes it better.

    submitted by /u/Madatsune
    [link] [comments]

    Missed Joy Gesture, can I get it later?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    Going for the trophy, and I didnt know benhart would leave after I freed rosebeth. I thought he would leave after I opened the door. Do I need to start over, or will he give it next time I see him

    submitted by /u/Cake_Lube
    [link] [comments]

    Friend can’t see my summon sign

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Hello, me and my friend got scholar of the first sin a few days ago, were both the same level, similar amount of souls, but whenever I place a summon sign that isn't a small one, he can never see it. Even though the area boss is still present. I'm not in a covenant and neither is my friend.

    All help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Dixonator17
    [link] [comments]

    Recent problems with coop?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Has anyone been having connectivity issues with this game lately? A friend and I have been playing coop SotFS on xbox and recently whenever we summon it's like we're still in separate worlds, kills not updating for each other and not being able to leave when we die. Both of our internet connections are fine and our signs pop up for each other right away. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

    submitted by /u/Aetheronaut
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for DLC as a Sorcerer?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    I'm gonna do dlc soon. My main weapons are Fire Longsword, Magic Dragonslayer Halberd and Sorceries with Wisdom Staff.

    Will it be hard for me?

    submitted by /u/ManusTheVantablack
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls music discussion

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    So I've always heard people regard Gwyn's boss music as the best in the series and the most emotional, but I've not seen anyone ever mention Aldia's music. Sure the boss itself is less fun and much less challenging but its one of the only boss fights i genuinely love purely for the music. I love bosses like Gwyn for their whole package which, overall, means I definitely prefer his fight but I always look forward to another fight with Aldia so i can listen to the music again, and i even prolong the fight sometimes to listen to it even longer.

    submitted by /u/PhillyyMD
    [link] [comments]

    Is Sinh an archdragon?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    I know that Kalameet, Gaping dragon and Midir are but what about Sinh? Is there anything in the game that mentions whether or not he is an archdragon or is descended from them?

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulCarlos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment