• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Inktober Mushroom People

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Who’s your top 10 Dark Souls bosses?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    I love seeing other people's boss rankings list and am hoping a lot of you will list yours in on this thread, whether it's for the lore or the fight itself. I'll start:

    1. Iron Golem

    2. Seath the Scaleless

    3. Four Kings

    4. Bell Gargoyles

    5. Black Dragon Kalameet

    6. Manus Father of the Abyss

    7. Great Grey Wolf Sif

    8. Ornstein and Smough

    9. Gwyn Lord of Cinder

    10. Knight Artorias

    Who's yours?

    submitted by /u/Bibes2015
    [link] [comments]

    Inktober Day 10: Hope

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    As requested by some of you, I made a LoFi version of Majula's theme!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    I'm the dude that made Firelink Shrine LoFi song some time ago. Here's the song

    I really hope you like it! I experimented a bit, feedback is really appreciated :)

    EDIT: Next Souls LoFi I'm making is Gwyn's Theme!

    submitted by /u/praisethesun98
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Dissected #11 - Miracle Resonance | Illusory Wall

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    Dragonslayer Ornstein [OC]

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Reached the Duke's archives for the first time and I am wondering when will this game stop on giving?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    I'm seriously getting spoiled by the variety of locations this game has. So much that I am worried I won't be able to enjoy Bloodborne as much as I've heard it lacks the same variety.

    submitted by /u/Hy6D4o9
    [link] [comments]

    DS 1 : Build for Black Knight Sword

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    So guys this is my first time playing DS prepare to die Edition, And while I'm fighting my first black knight I got a black knight sword that's awesome I know it's one of the best swords in the game, But the problem is I don't know what should I build for it, I started to increase Strength to 20 and Dexterity to 18 to hold it and I know it's not enough so plz help this hollow xD

    submitted by /u/fbs95
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat the Capra Demon!!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    After 30+ tries I beat the Capra Demon and man I didn't even die to him that much those dang dogs got me every time and now after two to three hours I have beaten what my brother calls "my first real boss in Dark Souls" so to say I am happy is an understatement.

    submitted by /u/ApprehensiveHunter17
    [link] [comments]

    Knight Artorias.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    First time drawing a Dark Souls boss. Still I'm quite proud of it.

    Knight Artorias

    submitted by /u/crow_warrior
    [link] [comments]

    Can you quick roll with havels armour+tower shield+zweilhander sword?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    I also have havels ring and was just wondering if this is possible currently lvl 100 got 47 points in endurance and 40 points in strength and 47 in vitality. I also have no clue what the cap is for weight? Many thanks

    submitted by /u/MAGICwhiteMICE
    [link] [comments]

    Luckiest I've been yet

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I beat the Iron Golem in my 1st attempt! I feel so good cuz normally this game kicks my ass. But on the rare occasion thing's go just right, man does it feel great!

    submitted by /u/Bostonmarkb33
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Bosses SURVIVOR: RESULTS

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    I'd like to say the final match was a nail-biter, but it wasn't...The loser was Ornstein and Smough, who received a very solid 68.3% of the vote, which means OUR WINNER IS KNIGHT ARTORIAS!!

    I imagine Artorias winning it all isn't a surprise to most here. An amazing character, an amazing fight, with some amazing music/atmosphere really does elevate this fight into quite an experience. Though my favorite boss in the game is Sif (mostly for story reasons), the Artorias fight is still a masterclass in boss design and well worthy of first place in my book.

    Not to say O&S doesn't deserve second place. They certainly turned plenty of children into adults with their ruthless onslaught. There's a reason they're the most iconic fight in the game, a perfect example of a high difficulty boss fight that never feels unfair.

    See below for the final tier list/ranking! But first, a few notes:

    1. It's important to understand that this isn't necessarily a ranking of the best bosses, but instead a ranking of the least hated bosses. It's a subtle difference, but an important one when it comes to how to approach the results
    2. The amount of votes was lower than I was hoping for, which could arguably mean the results are less reliable than they could've been. The round with the highest amount of votes was Round 15 with 64 votes, and the round with the least votes was right afterwards. Round 16 only saw 14 votes. Most rounds had 25-35 votes. The small vote count also resulted in more ties than I'd have liked to see.
    3. It seems most voters' criteria for choosing which boss to vote out is a combination of how engaging the fight is and the boss's visual design. Not a lot of lore based voting (I think) considering how low Seath, Nito, Ceaseless Discharge, and Gwyndolin are.
    4. A personal note of mine, but I'm still baffled at how Crossbreed Priscilla ranked so high. She's easily one of my least favorite bosses in the game. Somebody needs to explain this to me. I also think Seath is way too low, and I wish Sif was top 3. That being said I more or less think the rest of the list is solid. What do you think??

    I hope those of you who voted regularly found this as fun as I did! Maybe next time myself or somebody else might be able to see if the mod-team would be willing to help out with stickied posts or something of that nature. More votes and community engagement definitely could've made this both more fun and more accurate.

    FINAL TIER LIST:

    • GOD: Knight Artorias
    • FANTASTIC: Ornsetin and Smough, Manus Father of the Abyss, Gwyn Lord of Cinder, Great Grey Wolf Sif, Black Dragon Kalameet
    • GREAT: Crossbreed Priscilla, Bell Gargoyles, Chaos Witch Quelaag
    • GOOD: Nito, Four Kings, Gaping Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Iron Golem, Seath the Scaleless, Dark Sun Gwyndolin, Asylum Demon
    • OKAY: Ceaseless Discharge, Centipede Demon, Taurus Demon, Demon Firesage
    • BAD: Moonlight Butterfly, Stray Demon, Pinwheel, Capra Demon
    • TERRIBLE: Bed of Chaos

    FINAL RANKING:

    • 26th place: The Bed of Chaos (50%)
    • 25th place: Capra Demon (18.2%)
    • 23rd (Tie): Pinwheel (17.2%)
    • 23rd (Tie): Stray Demon (17.2%)
    • 22nd: Moonlight Butterfly (33.3%)
    • 21st: Demon Firesage (26.9%)
    • 19th (Tie): Centipede Demon (25%)
    • 19th (Tie): Taurus Demon (25%)
    • 18th: Ceaseless Discharge (37.5%)
    • 15th (Tie): Asylum Demon (15.8%)
    • 15th (Tie): Dark Sun Gwyndolin (15.8%)
    • 15th (Tie): Seath the Scaleless (15.8%)
    • 14th: Iron Golem (27.3%)
    • 12th (Tie): Gaping Dragon (17.9%)
    • 12th (Tie): Sanctuary Guardian (17.9%)
    • 11th: Four Kings (24.2%)
    • 10th: Nito (30.8%)
    • 9th: Chaos Witch Quelaag (29.6%)
    • 8th: Bell Gargoyles (47.4%)
    • 7th: Crossbreed Priscilla (60.9%)
    • 6th: Black Dragon Kalameet (40%)
    • 5th: Great Grey Wolf Sif (39.5%)
    • 4th: Gwyn Lord of Cinder (48.5%)
    • 3rd: Manus, Father of the Abyss (59.3%)
    • 2nd: Ornstein and Smough (68.3%)
    • 1st: Knight Artorias (31.7%)
    submitted by /u/SaintMadeOfPlaster
    [link] [comments]

    Being indicted is the highest honor

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    On my second playthrough I started doing invasions. It's been really fun! I wish the hosts would share my enthusiasm though. It really warms the cold recesses of my darkwraith heart when you indict me after an invasion. That way my darkmoon friends can find me too!

    Much Love,

    Your friendly neighborhood invader

    submitted by /u/flyercomet
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if I uninstalled the game when I have mods downloaded?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Dark souls dialogue font

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Does someone know what the font of the dark souls ingame dialogue is called?

    Thanks a lot in advance!

    submitted by /u/MeeTy
    [link] [comments]

    for some reason i cant connect to the ds1 remastered servers

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    i just bought the game and downloaded it, but for some reason i cant login to the servers, im on ps4

    submitted by /u/roddadog
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat dlc bosses!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    I was actually not going to do the dlc, but I did it anyways because I wanted to extend my playthrough as long as possible. Sanctuary Guardian was pretty easy, it only took me a few attempts. Artorias was really difficult, but I think I got really good at his fight. I had more trouble with Kalameet, he destroyed me a ton of times, but I was able to beat him eventually. Manus was definitely the hardest. It also took me a while to figure out, and I beat him after summoning Sif to give him some sweet revenge, but even then it was tough. All of the bosses in the DLC were harder than in the main game, even Ornstein and Smough, but they were all amazing, 10/10 would recommend

    submitted by /u/Brickybob
    [link] [comments]

    Biology and Dark Souls Lore

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    (Little DSII Spoiler) I just finished DSII last week and I'm quite fond of the theory that the first sin (in reference to the Scholar of the First Sin) is existence itself. Eating some oignons with carrots, some fucked up idea just came to me.

    So, let me explain the title.

    First concerning Dark Souls, as the first flame came: giants, good, evil and feelings were created. But the flame decays over time, and dark takes over it (and the undead curse with it). That is the first sin. And no one can fully escape from it. Before that Dragons were just chillin' out feeling nothing.

    Second, a little biology. 5XX millions years ago, a phenomena called the Cambrian Explosion took place. To sum up, that is the moment when an insane lot of different living forms, especially animals, appeared and spreaded, and with it, some proto-cognitiv system appeared. After an insane mass extinction, most animal branch went extinct, but some chordate survived. Chordate are today big mammals, fish, birds etc... and with time developped a cognitiv system that allows to feel pain, hunger, thirst and other kinds of feelings. Basically, this was the moment that led to linear (or not) arise of good, evil and feelings. There was no fucking mass extinction that allowed the complete annihilation of living creatures that have feelings from the moment it appeared until today. And the sun's (praise the sun!) not ready to incinerate the planet soon.

    So yeah, that moment in time (Cambrian) was quite the same as the first flame, before that there was only living creatures that felt nothing and were just chillin' out decreasing locally the entropy. With it appeared good, evil and feelings. That is the curse of those who bear a cognitiv system, and there's no way to get away from it (welp there's stoïcism but that's cheating dude).

    Welp, hope I'm clear, and enjoy your vegetables if you're eating some.

    submitted by /u/PlinPlinPlon0
    [link] [comments]

    I finally finished this awesome game and not sure where to go from here next?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    This game was truly a legendary experience. I can't believe it took me so long to get into it. I guess I was put off by the difficulty and all of the videos of people raging.

    But the whole story, character development and everything have left an impression. The sense of accomplishment of beating a boss or an area that had previously seemed impossible. And also the community. Invaders and co-op alike.

    I'm wondering where to go from here. DS2? DS3? Some other FromSoft games?

    submitted by /u/the_gregor_samsa
    [link] [comments]

    Started my journey with the Dark Souls series this week after being a long time watcher/back seater...

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    What a game.

    My first game was DS2 purely because id watched the other 2 games first and wanted to go in blind. Really enjoyed it and actually got through it ok.

    The first game has just been immense in comparison. Probably one of the best games ive played.

    My first run through I went strength and endurance with a claymore. Summoned a lot. Enjoyed it so much that I immediately started again.

    2nd time I went dex with the uchigatana. I managed to absolutely fly through it. Beat Manus first time and left Gwyn in the dust.

    Loved this game. I can really see why it is everyone's favourite in the series.

    submitted by /u/jdhayward
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Weapon Directory (web app)

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I started studying programming and web development earlier this year and wanted to make some sort of Dark Souls-related project. I found an API of all the weapons in DS1 and thought that that would be a good way to practice using APIs. Here is the end result.

    Of course with the existence of so many different DS wikis out there, this directory does not really contribute much to the greater community, but as far as personal development goes, it served its purpose.

    If you can think of anything that would possibly improve this project (and/or issues relating to accessibility, mobile support among other things) please do let me know.

    https://codepen.io/aaronsawatsky/project/full/ZvMKrm

    submitted by /u/sawazaki
    [link] [comments]

    I’m doing a pure strength build (just PvE), hit my caps at SL88, and don’t know where to spend my souls next. Any ideas?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    I have 50 in vit, 40 in end, 33 in strength (I always two hand so more like 50) and pretty much all my other stats are untouched since starting as a Bandit. I don't know whether I should:

    1) Put points into dexterity so I can try other weapons, though my Demon Greataxe doesn't scale off it and is doing more than well enough.

    2) Put points into some magic stats so I can use some utility spells, but it's my first serious run and I have no idea where to start spell-wise.

    3) Keep pumping strength, diminishing returns be damned.

    4) Enjoy the freedom of not having to worry about leveling or corpse-running for the remainder of the game (currently have one Lord Soul left and haven't touched DLC).

    So what do you guys recommend? Is there a fifth option I haven't thought of?

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    76 poise and fast rolls with free head and ring slots?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    I'm running a sorcery build and I was wondering if I can keep my spell damage and fast rolls while upping the poise. Is it achievable, or should I settle for less than 76?

    _____________

    Editing for clarity:

    I was hoping to keep both Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and Crown of Dusk equipped, then see if it's possible to hit 76 poise while keeping fast rolls. So far it looks like I'll need to use Wolf Ring and Havel's or FAP, though.

    submitted by /u/Hamstah_Fwend
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment