• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    dark souls 1 has finally clicked with me and has now become the best game I have ever played

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    the soulsborne series has been my favorite series of the past decade with games like dark souls 3 and bloodborne in my top 10 favorite games of all time. even as a souls fan dark souls 1 for the longest just never really clicked with me like the others did and each attempt at playing just me quit the game because I just didn't find it that fun, which is unfortunate as dark souls sounds like the perfect game for me. the interconnected, unique fantasy setting, the visuals, I should have loved the game but I didn't.

    couple of years later I attempted the game again and after 10 tries I finally beat the boss I was stuck on for the longest time, the capra demon. beating him was the moment when the game finally clicked with me and since then has become the best game I have ever played, replacing hollow knight as my number 1 game of all time.

    even though dark souls is my new favorite game of all time I do want to list some of its pros and cons as the game isn't perfect (no game is).

    THE PROS

    • the world design of dark souls is the best I have seen in a game. the areas connect to each other in a way that makes sense and adds a lot to the games worldbuilding. lack of fast travel in the first half means you have to take advantage of shortcuts to traverse the land of lordran.
    • the world of lordran might be one of my favorite fantasy worlds ever and definitely my favorite in souslsborne. the lore behind the game is so rich, fascinating, bleak and depressing. definitely on of the more unique fantasy worlds I have seen.
    • the game may not look the best but its art direction is still amazing to this day. areas like anor londo, kiln of the first flame and ash lake are still breathtaking to this day and the monster designs are still cool and disgusting yet beautiful (gaping dragon is an example).
    • while the later games in the series have refined the combat so much, dark souls 1 combat still feels great to play to this day (despite being a bit clunky now). the amount of variety of weapons, playstyles you can have make the game very repayable.

    now I could list so many more good things about the game but i would go one listing for a long while. plus the game isn't perfect so here are the cons

    THE CONS

    • some of the bosses in the game are honestly not good and some are garbage like the bed of chaos. Nito looks cool but the skeletons are frustrating to deal with. the asylum demon reskins aint fun to fight as they keep spamming explosions, ceaseless discharge is so easy if your run to the boss fog and centipede demon is only challenging because the arena doesn't give you much space to fight him.
    • lost izalith and demon ruins are the worst areas in the game and are the only ones I hate going through. having the taurus demon and capra demon in demon ruins makes sense but there is way too many of them. the bosses also make the area worse. lost izalith has bed of chaos and dragon butts. tom of the giants is pretty ok area, I would have considered it good if nito was a better boss. crystal caves is also ok as there isn't much to do in the area and its pretty small.
    • having lack of omni direction rolling while locked on can be a pain at times

    with all that being said im glad I replayed dark souls again, beating the capra demon after hours of frustration really helped me see all the great things the game has to offer, and while its not perfect by any means (lost izalith and demon ruins to mind) its still an absolute masterpiece and one of the best games to this day.

    submitted by /u/AdDouble2061
    [link] [comments]

    Capra Demon Drawing!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CGBm_LfM2az/

    Thought you guys might like this :) Spent an hour and a half on it and I love how it turned out.

    submitted by /u/murkrowww
    [link] [comments]

    Kalameet wire sculpture I did for soulstober

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    This game is like a good book

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    I do not remember if it was Hitchcock who said, that good book stays with you long time after you finish it.

    I am sure that while making this game, the producers took notes from pro authors, to establish such world, lore and storytelling. No coincidence that they were able to nail so many aspects in such manner.

    submitted by /u/Adept_Concert_298
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Dark Souls, sorry Dark Souls Community.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    To start off I bought this game a little over a month ago shortly after my mother passed. I was having a rough time and I really enjoyed Bloodborne but needed something new to keep my mind occupied. This game provided the perfect escape I needed. I was immediately gripped by this game and poured myself into it. There was some things that bothered my hence the sorry to the community for my bitching posts (BS invisible walkways in the crystal garden, and the imho: terrible invasion mechanics). I'm now on my fourth playthrough doing a Miracle Knight, but have hit a wall and will be giving the game a break for a while. Unfortunately due to my disdain for invasions I play purely offline so getting some of the covenant items to get the miracles for the achievement is problematic. So thank you Dark Souls, you helped me get through a dark period in my life. Sorry Dark Souls Community, until I fully get my mind in a right place I'm afraid I cannot participate in PvP or any Jolly Cooperation! Until that later day enjoy life, and praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/Zorbin666
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy who summoned me at the Duke’s Archives....

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    ..... and sent me away immediately after giving me THREE titanite slabs: I was looking for some jolly cooperation but thank you! I'll use them wisely. I don't remember your name but you were wearing the mask of the child and wielding two shield.

     \[-]/ | / \ 
    submitted by /u/SignorGermano
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 1

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    So I am currently playing dark souls 1 and I just opened the door to the depths. The guy at firelink shrine told me to go to the new London ruins but I keep dying to the stupid ghosts. Am I supposed to go to the depths at this point?

    Also I know will I eventually end up experiencing every biome(let's just call it that) of the game world?

    submitted by /u/1-phil-1
    [link] [comments]

    DSR Item Drop

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Looking for a full item drop on PS4, recently lost my mule due to hdd failure.
    Already 100% the game.

    submitted by /u/Earthsouls0838
    [link] [comments]

    Noob questions - DS builds, stacking, stats/attributes for DS1/2

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    I thought of starting a new game from scratch for pve DS1-2. Played DS long ago and it was hard going at a number of points because I didn't know how alot of things worked and my build sucked, missed loot. Is resistance still a useless attribute in the new remastered version?

    Is poise/stability purely a function of weapons/armor and not from attributes like str/endurance? Are the fextralife builds a decent guide?

    How does DS2 builds differ from DS1?

    submitted by /u/abnar1
    [link] [comments]

    100% Drop Chance on DSR = Ban?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    While offline I should add.

    submitted by /u/ProfessorGoopton
    [link] [comments]

    How does co-op work? [Remastered]

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    I just finished sekiro and wanted to try dark souls, and I'm going to buy it on the next steam sales, the thing is that I wanted to play the game with my friend on co-op because we play lots of games in co-op.

    But from what I've seen I can't make out how co-op works, do you join the other player's world and then help them or can you actually play the whole game in co-op? Can you finish the game from back to back and level up and do everything together like Minecraft or are things like interaction with NPCs limited?

    Because I would really like to have a full co-op experience and if the base game experience is limited I don't know if I will tell my friend to buy the game too.

    If the experience is limited but there are mods that could fix it I could give it a go. Although I would like for us to be invaded just like in normal gameplay.

    Thanks for reading and I would really appreciate if you could inform me on how this whole thing is.

    BTW english is not my main language so I'm sorry if some things are difficult to read.

    submitted by /u/ValenDMO360
    [link] [comments]

    Max NG+ scaling?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    Where does the NG plus difficulty scaling stop? I've beaten the game 7 times so far (I have 7 souls of gwyn legitimately obtained) but I don't know if I need to complete the game one more time to have done all NG's or if I've already reached the max NG after 7 playthroughs.

    TLDR: have finished the game 7 times, don't know if reached max NG+ scaling yet or not

    submitted by /u/Stankystonky
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got a baller swag sword... but on my glass cannon mage

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    rip, I killed farmed balders for hours on my dex build with serpent ring + 20 humanity and ended up settling for the uchi when I gave up.

    This one dropped with no ring, no symbol of avarice when I killed the balder on my way to gargoyles.

    EDIT: I also got a MSGS from dukes; no humanity, no ring. Lol.

    submitted by /u/riggetyriggitywreckd
    [link] [comments]

    He's back

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4

    Giant Dad nearly has 100k likes.

    The legend never dies

    submitted by /u/Aster612
    [link] [comments]

    Continuing old DS3 run, lost ATM

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    I got DS3 on launch, and started a run. Life happened so I had to stop at some point. Tried to get back into it after some time (months? a year?) and couldn't figure out where to go or what to do to progress.

    I really hate abandoning my character. What's the best way to figure out what I need to do/where to go? I probably only got 25% of the way through. Would listing all my warps on firelink, or maybe boss souls help anyone to help me out?

    submitted by /u/Almost-a-Killa
    [link] [comments]

    Summon gifts

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    Hi, so the other day, I was summoned by one of the early level bosses (I placed my sign there thinking I could help some new players, but my character was level 50 and I didn't, still kinda don't, understand the summoning system) when someone summoned me and then dropped a black knight gs, then pointed at it. So I thought this was a sign to take it, so I did then they pointed again, so I was unsure of what that meant so then I dropped the bkgs for them, thinking that they did it by accident, but then they didn't pick it up again and walked forward to trigger the boss, so I picked it up again and helped out with the boss. I'm new to the co-op aspect of the game as I'm still on 1st playthrough and trying to avoid getting help to have that pride to say I've beaten the game. But I wanted to help someone else out, was u wrong in this scenario? Pls help me understand my mistake, as a new co-op player the general conduct is difficult to understand for me, pls help😅

    submitted by /u/keyLINKed
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else think that Gwyn is one of the best boss fights in the series?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    In going from DS3 back to DS1, I have to say I enjoyed myself a lot more against Gwyn than I did against Cinder. And I admit it's entirely because I can parry him. I think being able to parry a boss puts it on your level; and in Gwyn's case, gives a shortcut to the ending for more experienced players. I understand why the developers made it so you couldn't parry Cinder, but boy do I miss rolling up with nothing but my weapon, target shield, and wrinkled meat to put down a literal God.

    submitted by /u/rclaux123
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble getting PVP

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I dusted off my Artorias of the Abyss Edition a few days ago and started playing again. Starting over from scratch from no other accounts because I lost my old PSN account (yahoo mail shenanigans), and it's been pretty fun!

    Dark Souls is a flawed masterpiece as always, and still holds a special place due to its atmosphere and design (I love how everything tends to connect and have shortcuts) and the poise. Don't forget the poise.

    I even got to have allied summons regularly, and jolly cooperation remains thrilling.

    BUT I am having trouble getting any PVP. I haven't gotten invaded aside from once in Parish and once in Anor Londo. I haven't been able to invade aside from once in Blighttown and another in Anor Londo. The Undead Burg area where I usually remembered as being a fight club area is failing to invade or get summoned, etc. I can't seem to find any fight clubs where a host summons allied phantoms and has them duel invaders lining up to fight.

    Is PVP dead? Or am I just in the wrong place and in the wrong time? Does anyone know where heavy PVP or invasion still happens? I haven't gone through the whole game yet. Haven't even gotten to Oolacile, but I'm already through a lot of the base game. Please help.

    Note: as of posting this, it's 9:30 am at my place.

    submitted by /u/GoodHunter10
    [link] [comments]

    finished the game a dozen times, but this drop is a first for me ! (see imgur link)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Every play through of DS1 I leave a message in the tree at Firelink (video)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    So every time I play a new character or run in DS1 I leave a message on the tree branch in Firelink Shrine.

    https://youtu.be/dMP1DIgHprM

    I assume I'm not the only one who does weird stuff like this on every play through.

    submitted by /u/hapns
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a sub to help find any magice I'm missing?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    I'm so close to plat. On all 3 ds games but I'm missing some magic spells but haven't had any luck mainly covenant based for ds3 or anybody out there willing to help?

    submitted by /u/motionless05
    [link] [comments]

    level 45 glass cannon vs Manus

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    I've been playing ds3 for a few years now, and somehow still manage to be new to ds1. And as any sane person starting a ds1 playthrough for the first time, I decided to play through the game at 14 vitality. This went better then expected up until I hit Manus, at first he seemed rather easy to dodge but there's one attack that I just can't avoid. His five hit combo has huge tracking and quite a bit of range. The start up for this attack is faster then any attack my ultra great sword has, meaning that the only way I've currently found to avoid getting hit is to be extremely patient and bait out his slowest attacks, but even then I eventually make one small mistake and end up getting hit by the attack anyway.

    I don't want to level up anymore as I'm somewhat committed to this "challenge run". I could try blocking the first two attacks as the next few are easy to dodge but I don't think I have the stamina to do that with a 44 stability weapon. Is there any easier way to avoid it or should I start using a straight sword, or something quicker.

    Also sorry if this post seems like I'm trying to sound good at the game I have a huge ego, so I have a history of trying to show off my average accomplishments even when asking a simple question like this.

    submitted by /u/Souless_F0X
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t get claymore past plus 5?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    When I go to the forger I can't get my claymore to upgrade past 5. It won't even show up on the upgrade menu. I can modify it though. What did I do wrong?

    submitted by /u/KillerKlownFromSpce
    [link] [comments]

    Demon fire sage

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    Does no one drop Sunmons for him? Seems to be stuck on him. Despite beating ceaseless with ease.

    But I can't seem to find a summon. Getting boring waiting around 20+ mins for nothing and go in and lose and waste humanities. Bc I hope to find a summon the next time lol.

    If it's not popular that's ok. I will just stop wasting my humanities and try to get through it.

    submitted by /u/sckt1tties
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment