• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight has been the most satisfying boss to beat so far in my DS journey

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    I finally beat him this morning. Dozens of tries, dozens of attempts at changing up equipment and strategy, until it clicked for me - no cheese, no gimmicks, you just have to beat him. A pure Dark Souls experience, just learning his moveset until you know it like the back of your own hand.

    It was frustrating, but in a good way. I knew that eventually I would beat him when I got good enough, because there is nothing cheap about the fight. Even his annoying slow-sweep fire sword attack, or that pain in the ass AoE - once you get the dodge down you got his number baby.

    And god, when it finally clicks, you feel like fuckin Goku or Samurai Jack or something, dodging around like a champ. Is this what gitting gud feels like?

    submitted by /u/Gulliver123
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished this amazing game after not even wanting to touch it.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    After spending a bunch of time in ds1 and ds3, the only other game I needed to play was ds2, but I was genuinely scared to do it. Everybody saying it was bad, level design this, gank areas this, repetitive bosses, whatever... I really couldn't phatom spending more than 5 hours on a game I would probably hate. But I though I would hate it. I decided to get it on steam and try it for a while and I instantly felt in love with. The artstyle, the soundtrack, (THE SOUNDTRACK!) the pretty lightning and most importantly, the revamped gameplay. At first it was jarring to see what they did to rolling, but after deciding to stop leveling dex and go pure str to bump adp up, I actually started enjoying the change. Now im SL 195, and I just finished with Aldia and goddamn if this isn't one of the best experiences I had in a while. Fighting Ivory King with the knights, talking with Vendrick, the double Darklurker ugghh i love it. And yeah, there were some annoying moments, Black Gulch, Shrine of Amana, Blightown 2: Electric Squeakquel and the Iron Keep gank knights (which became my favorite soul farming spot later), but nothing that took away from the game. I mained the game with THE Greatsword, using the varangian sword sometimes, but oh boy that greatsword two handed light attack...

    I also wanted to thank this amazing sub for having great information that helped me throughout, (geniunely better than that fextralife wiki) love ya'll!

    Now on to the second journey...

    submitted by /u/mulowe101
    [link] [comments]

    I just got backstabbed 5 times by Maldron the Assassin AMA

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    Seriously it took me 5 deaths to figure out the fucker backstabs you when your opening the chest and then runs away.The amount of disrespect he shows is the equivalent of a point down in dark souls 3.

    submitted by /u/Whyusertakenlied
    [link] [comments]

    Did Aldia create the Ancient Dragon?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Did you find Vengarl's head on your first playthrough or after you had played and fought his body?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I remember finding his head many playthroughs after my first and talking to him, I had already fought his body multiple times and even summoned him and it was a strange feeling thinking I was probably supposed to find his head first.

    submitted by /u/mynamameme
    [link] [comments]

    Did some lore research on Icorous Earth, look:

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    Iron King's Hammer:

    "Great hammer forged from the soul of the Old Iron King.

    The tip is formed of molten rock.

    The corpse of the Old Iron King became the vessel that bred Ichorous Earth."

    Shalquoir:

    "Why do people try so hard to be beautiful? We cats are born beautiful, of course. Hee Hee… The human ego…How many ugly iron castles has it erected? And they don't even see the folly of their ways. But that's what makes watching humankind so delightful. It reminds me of someone who lived long ago. A vainglorious liar who ended up hurling himself into the flames. Now he's Ichorous Earth if I'm not mistaken."

    Iron Crown:

    "Crown of the Old Iron King who once ruled this land. The King sunk below the scorching iron, met the one whose name must never be repeated, and became Ichorous Earth. But these were events of long ago, and today, no one even remembers the King's name."

    <looking for source for this one>:

    "A powerful but short-sighted king who exalted the virtue of might, the Old Iron King has been transformed into a demon. He possesses the soul of an ancient king of long ago".

    Old Iron King Soul:

    "Soul of the Old Iron King, who succumbed to the flames that swallowed his castle. The Iron King's flesh was charred, and his soul possessed by the things that lurk below."

    So from all of this we can gather that Icorous Earth isn't a thing on it's own, it's a melding of the Iron King's corpse, his soul and the Soul of the vanglorious liar who hurled himself into the flame. But who is the liar? Well, Aldia refers to Gwyn and his act of linking the first flame as a play of sorts, a falsehood. He says "a lie will remain a lie". So, isn't it Gwyn?

    The soul you can obtain from Ichorous Earth (The Old King Soul) in ng+ reads:

    "Soul of the ineffable. This once magnificent soul continues to exert influence over the land, even after the eons have reduced it to these remnants."

    So it's an incredibly powerful soul that has existed for eons and exerted influence over the land Drangleic is on at one point. Now let's look at the miracle it can be transposed into (Blinding Bolt):

    "Crafted in ancient times by the God of Sun, but later forbidden by the same deity. Was it to protect the world from hatred, or sorrow?"

    This pretty much confirms that it's Gwyn's soul.

    For further proof we can establish that Drangleic stands where Lordran once stood, since the soul description says the soul used to exert influence over the land. This one's easy, here are the bits of evidence:

    • Most glaringly, the Throne of Want. It's the kiln of the first flame.

    • There is a broken lord vessel in the basement of the Majula mansion.

    • The shards of Manus were all here before going to the dlc zones in search of powerful men.

    • The four great ones are a pretty blatant callback that is made all the more obvious in ng+ when you find the four souls they hold, they seem to have reincarnated into the four great ones of Ds2. The lore above about Ichorous Earth confirms Gwyn reincarnated, then the introduction cutscene for the Lost Sinner and the soul you obtain from her prove the Witch of Izalith reincarnated as well since you see the little worm go into her eye. Gwyn reincarnates again in Ds3 as part of the Soul of Cinder as well. Etc.

    • Aldia is researching the first sin here, the first sin is Gwyn linking the flame. The kiln of the first flame is under Drangleic Castle.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Joquendo95
    [link] [comments]

    About the DLC kingdoms.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    Do you think they are exactly where Drangleic now stands? That seems to be the intention behind the lore, i just wasn't sure if that included the dlc kindoms or is just in reference to that Lordran once stood where Drangleic stands now, as is made clear by the Throne of Want, the shattered lord vessel, the four great ones, the shards of Manus and Aldia researching the first sin (Gwyn linking the flame) there. The kingdoms are just so different that I don't see how they could be in the same area even over oh-so-long. Shulva is literally underground.

    submitted by /u/Joquendo95
    [link] [comments]

    Shouldnt the Dark Pyromancy Flame work the exact opposite way?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    We know that darkness is tied to humanity, and blackflame is fire given form by the dark, so why is it that the less humanity you have the more powerful the dark flame becomes?

    submitted by /u/TheCompleteMental
    [link] [comments]

    Lucatiel can be a bad ass, I had no idea.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    So, I am going back thru DS2:SotFS and I need to get the Lucatiel set as a chivo.

    I am on NG++ and she was weak against the rotten, mediocre against the last sinner, and then everything changed at the Smelter Demon. She took NG++ SD shots to the face for less than 5% damage.

    I was friggin stunned, she ran up with a sword and shield and kept him busy the whole time. I didnt have to dodge once.

    So. In case you dont know, talk to Lucatiel at harvest valley and she will laugh at the Smelter Demons strikes.

    submitted by /u/Werepuffin
    [link] [comments]

    How to increase my dmg - dark build

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I am around lvl 290 and I am still at my first gameplay, didn't even touch dlcs. My stats are something like that

    Vigor:40

    Endurance 35

    Vitality 16

    Adaptability 50

    Strength 40

    Dexterity 20

    Intelligence 50

    Faith 50

    Attunement 35

    I am using claymore +10 with dark

    And sunset staff +5 with dark

    My dark orb do 750dmg on one hit without bufs

    Sword around 450

    I prefer fast weapons, I can't hit even a shit with greatswords What should I do ? Change weapons or stats ? What should I train next ?

    All I do is farming memory all days long 🥺

    Thanks for typs

    submitted by /u/Unkulunkulu27
    [link] [comments]

    Not seeing a summon sign?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    There is supposed to be a summon sign to the side of the elevator, but I don't see it. I am in human form and I am online. What's the problem?

    submitted by /u/HaymanIsGod
    [link] [comments]

    Do the npc quests need to happen in a specific order,or could them be fucked up somehow or I could just do everything at the end of the game ora in a random order?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    I'm going for the plat trophy and that would be nice to know

    submitted by /u/_ddross_
    [link] [comments]

    Hey I'm stuck on throne of want

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Would someone mind laying a summon on on pc

    submitted by /u/espugimay
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4][OFFERING HELP]

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    How do I access Memory of the Old Iron King?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Sorry to post a dumb question. When I google this it says I need to interact with Alonne's armor, but I don't have the ashen heart. Google says npc in Dragon Shrine, so working backwards means I need to clear Dragon Aerie <- Aldia's Keep <- Undead Crypt <- Shrine of Amana <- Drangleic Castle <- Shrine of Winter

    Ugh. I just killed Fume and blue Smelter. I'm in "Iron King DLC mood." Is there an easier or more direct way to get the Ashen heart or do I really need to leave and clear like 500 areas before I come back?

    submitted by /u/pakicetus_inachus
    [link] [comments]

    Having issues with the elevator in Drangleic Castle after the dragon riders, activated it and it went off without me, now I can't get it back

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    So I activated the stone statue and everything, but as I said I accidentally stepped on it (wanted to continue exploring past the statue before heading up, the door next to it looked like progress and a message said the keys up above).

    So any idea how to get it back down?

    Also side question, has anybody tried powerstancing heavy weapons like greatswords? Sounds like a big stat investment but could be funny, on my first playthrough rocking a havel tank with a greatsword. Add another like 10 levels to str and some to dex I could probably powerstance two greatswords.

    submitted by /u/Sol33t303
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 sale on Xbox?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    I've played a great deal of ds1 and ds3 and now I'd like to try ds2 but I can't afford it until it goes back on sale again. Dark souls 2 is usually $52 on the xbox store but it does occasionally go on sale to $13. Without this sale I dont be able to afford the game. If anyone has any idea when the next sale will be then it would be a great help. I've been checking the xbox store every afternoon for the last 3 weeks. I know this is a stupid question but it would be good if someone knew something that I didn't. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Stankystonky
    [link] [comments]

    Mods?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    I've finished SotFS on PS4, plan on platting it soon.

    I also happen to be building a PC and should have it done soon.

    My question is should I Re-purchase this game again on PC? Basically, are the Mods worth a second purchase?

    submitted by /u/AH_Eddie
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Scorpioness Najka boss arena

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    Where is all of the sand in her boss arena coming from? I notice it falling from the holes in the ceiling above, so is there some sort of desert above? Is it Jugo? I notice, there are some tall structures above the boss arena, as if these a town or city above it. Anybody have any idea?

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulCarlos
    [link] [comments]

    Some 8K screenshots of SOTFS. Let me know if you’d like to see any other specific areas!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Just for shits and giggles I've played around on the game in 8K resolution at 60fps, some areas of the game are beautiful even in regular full HD (1080p), so with the added crispness of 8K they're stunning.

    Btw, you may have to let the images load for a moment, they're about 58mb each.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/wefvsG1rHw9u1jA6A

    submitted by /u/VermillionInvades
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play 360 or Xbox One version?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm near the end of the game with my sorcerer on Xbox One, and I'm upset with my lack of weapon options because I mainly leveled intelligence and my strength and Dex are too low to wield most weapons. I'd like to have a tool for every occasion even though my friend says it's not the best way to go.

    My question is, should I play on the 360, or Xbox One? Because I have both versions and obviously the Xbox One is newer, but I kind of prefer the enemy placement and some other things about the 360 version.

    What are yalls thoughts?

    And yeah the first paragraph is kinda unrelated to my question sort of but I felt like including it anyway.

    Btw in case anyone's wondering, I'm mainly using Magic Mace, I've basically used it throughout the whole game and I have a bandits axe I've been using. I wanted to make more weapons, maybe a fire spear or something but it would take forever to level the Dex necessary :|

    submitted by /u/Gary_Busey1349
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment