• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I fucking did it

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    I finally did it. I killed ornstein and smough.. 40+ tries fucking unbelievable

    submitted by /u/Luxxcurr
    [link] [comments]

    lol pinwheel

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    oh my god i finally did it

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    after over thirty hours put into this game, i did it. i finally beat dark souls. level 95 with a +15 uchi. it may not seem like a lot to most of you, but im insanely proud of myself for pushing through this game and beating it. welp, time for ng+!

    and remember,

    dont you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/kco721
    [link] [comments]

    What is up with Seaths lower half?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    I have always hated that from the waist down, Seath is just a bunch of tails, sort of like a slug. If I were him I would be more worried about not having legs than not having scales.

    So why does he look like this? It's clear from the intro cutscene that he always looked like that, even before his experiments. Is it just to fit in the boss room? What's his deal?

    submitted by /u/Zwarlie
    [link] [comments]

    ng+ or DS2?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    I'm about to fight gravelord nito, the last lord soul i need before Gwyn. im about level 94 right now. should I continue playing an ng+ game after gwyn or start DS2?

    submitted by /u/kco721
    [link] [comments]

    If Gwyn, Gwyndolin and nameless king are all similar sizes to the player, then why is gwynevere 3 times the size of them?? (Side question, did animals like rats or dogs exist before the first flame and if so why didn’t they get lord souls)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Help with Gywn (PS4)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Can someone please help me with Gywn on the PS4? I see no hope in this fight

    submitted by /u/neofx64
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to say that DS finally clicked for me

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    I've platinumed Bloodborne including DLC, beaten DS3 all the way through including DLC, and beaten Sekiro but this game just wouldn't "click" for me. Finally, after I beat the bell gargoyles, it did, then I beat Capra and it still feels great. Next was moonlight butterfly and then it was gaping. I'm so glad I forced myself to keep trying on gargoyles because I would've missed out on all this. Now, I need to try and not go hollow getting through blighttown!

    submitted by /u/big12griff
    [link] [comments]

    How would you rank the FromSoftware DLCs in terms of difficulty?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    I haven't played any of 2's DLC and am only just starting Artorias of the Abyss. Of what I've played, I'd say Old Hunters is the hardest, Ringed City is second although it's close, and Ashes of Ariandel is the easiest but still hard as hell (and imo Friede is the most challenging boss in DS3).

    So I was wondering, those of you who've played all the DLC, how would you rank them in terms of how tough they are to beat? If you feel like it, you can add a quality ranking as well.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    Off to Blight Town ☠️

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    About a year and a half ago I could hardly swing a sword in DS3, but eventually went onward to beat the game several times on a few NG's and various builds. But DS1 is far different; It's taken me months to make any notable progress from Undead Berg. I am so unfamiliar with the mechanics of DS1; but eventually began to get a feel for them and in the past week been progressing wonderfully.

    I am sure that progression will grind to a halt quite soon but I have made it this far!

    submitted by /u/deletedvoid12
    [link] [comments]

    Turned my hate & frutrastion of bonehwheels into a tarot card... The wheel of misfortune

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:46 AM PDT

    3rd card and probably the last one for now! Couldn't help but add a little wordplay 👀

    Hate those guys and sad to know that they're on DS3 too :(((

    (Can't figure out how to make image posts here? it's greyed out)

    https://ello.co/abdallahmarcos/post/mtgrumdppvensqnb_654tq

    submitted by /u/AbdallahMarcos
    [link] [comments]

    Is PVP only full of tryhards now?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    Moms mask, mixed armor for poise, DWGR, backstabbing only? I mean unless you're trying to get 99 humanity, how is that even fun? I thought we would appreciate some fashion souls and not just backstabbing only. Most people I play against never swing once but look only for backstabs. And this isn't just regular invasions I'm talking about PVP areas like township.

    submitted by /u/KaisTheFireWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    I missed the Moonlight

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    Is there another chance, on other play through's to get the moonlight great sword? I just beat seeth, but no sword? I didn't even realize his health was that low. But i attacked the tip of his tail the entire fight. I ONLY attacked his tail. So bummed out.

    submitted by /u/Bostonmarkb33
    [link] [comments]

    After almost ten years

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    I finally beat Dark Souls, with all bosses killed and all items gathered.

    I picked this game up a few weeks after it was released for the Xbox 360. Before I even finished the Undead Asylum I found it frustrating and obtuse and I put it down for a while. Months later I gave it another shot, thinking I've got to be wrong about this game, everyone says it's amazing..

    Every time I tried I learned something new and I got farther with each attempt, until I hit a brick wall (Sen's Fortress) and would put it it down again. Sometimes those breaks lasted months, sometimes years.

    Last night Gwyn fell to my blade.

    Dark Souls has become one of my favorite games of all time. I can't think of another game that makes better use of the systems and game mechanics they put in it. The fact that when you're stuck, there's always a way forward is almost poetic in my opinion. It's a metaphor for life.

    Can't wait to fire up DS2, which I've also owned since release, but have never played.

    submitted by /u/ShitInCar
    [link] [comments]

    Centipede Demon

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    Did anyone know that u can sew off one the the heads/arms? I did not.. And found out that it can be done today and that sewed part actually dropped the lava ring.

    submitted by /u/Ejkelej
    [link] [comments]

    So I beat Manus a long LONG time ago but I have a question

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    Did anybody else beat him with out the silver pendent? He is still completely fair either way

    submitted by /u/chickenoken-king
    [link] [comments]

    I’m pissed

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Moonlight butterfly is optional. I've been trying this stupid boss for 3 days and I didn't know until now that I don't even have to. God dammit.

    submitted by /u/SaturnSama
    [link] [comments]

    Alright.. WHERE DO I GO? (Blythetown)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    So I just found another campfire at near the shadow garb outfit. I'm by the wonky bridge that keeps shifting. Which way do I proceed?

    Do I shoot down?

    submitted by /u/LightningKup0
    [link] [comments]

    Dual wielding

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I want to dual wield magic and weapons kind of like the soul of cinder in ds3 any help?

    submitted by /u/thyhorrorlover
    [link] [comments]

    Black knight fell down stairs

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    I died to the black knight in undead burg several times and finally had it to low health. I lured it up the tower where there is a fog door and started luring it back down but if fell down the staircase and died. It dropped an orange item but I cant get it without dying. Is that needed to complete the game or should I restart?

    submitted by /u/RoughTrident
    [link] [comments]

    About the Darkmoon Covenant

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    I'm going for 100% in this game, and I want to know if it's possible to kill Gwynevere and keep this covenant on? I need to get this Darkmoon Blade miracle giving 10 Souvenir of Reprisal. The thing is: I want Anor Londo gone dark.

    submitted by /u/rapha_bg
    [link] [comments]

    The DLC isn't that scary at all!!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I'm just about to finish up my 2nd playthrough of Dark Souls. The first time I was too scared of the DLC because of the 3 big intimidating bosses so I skipped it and finished the game without touching it. This time around I was determined to get through it. Also, I'm doing a "no kindle" run, which I've enjoyed immensely.

    So I started the DLC, beat the Sanctuary Gardian first try, it was an okay fight. Next up was Artorius who I struggled with (not because he was that tough, just because he did so much damage and it's hard to find opportunities to heal). I eventually gave in and kindled the bonfire which allowed me to beat him. Next up I took on Manus (because I couldn't find Kalameet's area) and struggled with him enough to make me kindle again, it was a great fight though and I jumped up and cheered when I successfully got the last hit in. Then finally was Kalameet, who is apparently the most difficult one of all? Who I beat on my 3rd try with no kindled bonfire.. Weird. It was a good fight though, I guess.

    I'm aware of the double Sanctuary Guardian fight as well, I'll make sure to come back for that.

    All in all, the DLC was okay. Manus and Artorius are great fights, I probably enjoyed the Artorius one more though because I prefer fights against similar sized opponents.

    submitted by /u/Oranvdk2
    [link] [comments]

    how can i use the rite of kindleing

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment