• Breaking News

    Friday, October 16, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Every playthrough I dread the entirety of the Shulva city dlc

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    The level itself is fine, I like the puzzles, and the atmosphere is great. But this dlc has 2 of the worst bosses I've fought. Elana is the reason why I almost never replay this game. She is very tanky with a plus 10 mace and a magic plus five staff of wisdom, and when she summons velstadt I feel like just boning out. And I doubt I need to elaborate on why the gank squad sucks ass. Out of the 3 bosses in this dlc, 2 of them are gank fights. Sinhs fine though, just kinda boring because he camps in the air.

    submitted by /u/bruh1234123
    [link] [comments]

    I did it; I beat this game.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    This was my hardest Souls by the longest shot, but a few hours ago, a Sunboi and I killed Nashandra and finally beat Dark Souls II. Despite my issues with this one, I can still say I liked it. It's no (III), but it's still good; I particularly enjoyed the atmosphere of some places, particularly the Crypt; you think that the great answer to everything is down here, because so much is done to keep you out, but then...it's just a hollow. A giant hollow, but a hollow nonetheless. It's a feeling of "...that's it?" Yes, I know the Ring's the important bit, but still..."This is the great King Vendrick of Drangleic? Some zombie?"

    Overall, a good game; I still need to do the DLCs, but this is still a game I might come back to.

    submitted by /u/GTA-CasulsDieThrice
    [link] [comments]

    Ever get so pumped from killing a boss you can't sleep?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    So, I am going back to 100% DS2:SotFS. I had to go back and get all the Smelter wedges to get the Outcry Pyro on NG++, I had not defeated Alonne in my first try, and I forgot to get the wedge behind his throne on NG+ before starting a new game.

    Anyway, after 32 tries I beat Fumey on NG++ and after 13 tries I beat Alonne, both alone, and both with a Pine Resined Helix and Leo combo. I love those things, some would consider it cheesey, but it works.

    Anyway, I beat them both inside of 2 hours and I went to bed at 1130pm (2330) and I tossed and turned for FOUR HOURS. I wasn't even on my phone, the rush of killing those to a-holes in the same night was too much for my adrenaline.

    This ever happen to any of you guys?

    submitted by /u/Werepuffin
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys remember me I like to pin you into the wall. I'm the wheel of misfortune

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Turned my frustration into a tarot card..............

    https://ello.co/abdallahmarcos/post/mtgrumdppvensqnb_654tq

    submitted by /u/AbdallahMarcos
    [link] [comments]

    Hackers on PC SotFS in Forest right now

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I was just doing some co-op when I was summoned into the world of two hackers clearly working together to summon people into their world. I'd recommend not doing coop in forest of the fallen giants cardinal tower: they instantly broke all my gear. Remember to keep regular back-ups, people. If I didn't have a back-up this build would be ruined.

    submitted by /u/VreesKees
    [link] [comments]

    Today I learned why I love crystal soul spear.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    I was on Dragon Shrine right before the Ancient Dragon. As always I had to fight that dual welding dragon knight. Was doing nice getting his health down to half. But I misjudged the fact that the spear goes through targets, this hitting one of the non aggrod knights. I was out our estus and as soon as I tried to run I was getting chased from every direction(mind you it was ng+3 so they could easily one shot me). I was trapped in the small hallway but I tried to fight back and to my suprise, the spears absolutely wiped them out. Seeing like 8 health bars appear at once due to 1 spear was super satisfying. So yeah, I love this spell and I'll definitely get as many copies as I can per playthrough

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Elana summoned little piglets in my fight with her today

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    I feel blessed.

    submitted by /u/FunSouls
    [link] [comments]

    I love this game.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    I was given Dark Souls Remastered (on the switch) for my birthday last year and it took me a really long time to get into it and start enjoying it. After about 6 months of on and off playing I finally beat it and got ready for NG+, but ended up buying DS2 on PS4 to see what it was like.

    Now, going into it I'd heard a lot about how it wasn't as good as 1 or 3 and that it made a lot of unpopular changes so I didn't set my expectations very high, but boy was I surprised. I absolutely loved it!

    I've been playing it solid for the last few months and I finally got the platinum trophy last night and I'm almost sad to have finished it. I really liked the new features such as the human effigies, and enemies not respawning infinitely, I felt it added more challenge to the game! Don't get me wrong, there were a few areas that weren't so fun (looking at you Horsefuck Valley) but overall it's one of the best games I've ever played and the first game I've 100%'d in about 10 years.

    Moving onto DS3 now and I'm really hoping it's as good!

    submitted by /u/Rosstifer25
    [link] [comments]

    Some POINTED questions (about spears)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    I like spears. They're straightforward, to the point, and they look sharp.

    I use the old leo ring, cuz duh, but I've been wondering if it's always useful. For example, I've been struggling with Aava (my sm is high, I dunno if she's considered hard...) and I find her attacks are so fast that I'm unlikely to hit her mid-attack to get the old leo bonus damage. Is it still useful here, or would it be worth switching to something like red tearstone for more dps (even if it's just in my last few desperate swings...)

    Also, if I use saintier's spear, should I use RoB given the number of hits? Does that 2hr1 combo become totally insane with buffs? And finally, should I infuse the saintier's?

    Thanks for reading, love this game and this community :)<3

    submitted by /u/TRAZWALD
    [link] [comments]

    The difficulty

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    Hey guys i just Finished my first playthrough of ds2, and i loved it.

    There is just one Thing i think is kinda weird for me. And that is the overall difficulty. The only Bossfight i was struggeling with, was the pursure, and thats just because i Played ds3 before and was still used to its Tempo.

    Even fighting nashandra Was super easy. I really enjoid a lot of Fights, like the smelter demon and the Throne watcher fight is my absolute Favoriten in the souls Serie so far. But the game overall Was waaaaaaay easier for me then ds3.

    Did someone expericend something similiar?

    Praise the...

    submitted by /u/quip-kun
    [link] [comments]

    Is elana that hard on NG+7? Or was i just being to impatient..

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    (Sorry that this is another elana thread, right above another one lol)

    Took me 6 tries to beat her. It was a pain in the ass. I'm pretty high level (like 520) so my dex is 90+, end 90+, int and faith are both 80+, and str is 85+. I know she's annoying but didnt have as much trouble on other playthroughs until i started getting into higher NG like past 3 id say was when she became really irritating.

    Theres no reason to kill velstadt basically because he will just respawn again. Even with dual chaos blades and BB/sunlight blade or sacred oath/sunlight blade, she's a real pain with a fuckton of health. I think I just get impatient probably, from the everlasting dodge fest of velstadt tracking me and then herself teleporting and tracking me.

    On top of that she summons the skeletons with velstadt being out there already too. I ignore them also and just use alluring skulls but still, quite frustrating. I ended up ditching the dual chaos blades and just went with an espada rapier and just poke and run her basically, getting dps when i can (still hit pretty hard with rapier at 95 dex). This is after I tried using magic, but died twice when she was at 1 hit left so got tilted and scrapped the mage approach. Even at 84 int and faith with BB, Crystal spear only hits for like 870. (Have dominos mask but the dps is so small its not worth the hp loss so i dont bother, but i do use blue dagger) but man. Such a tilting fight.

    I know ds2 is the B game of the series but I havent had anything else to play lately so started a replay of it. I enjoy the power stancing though lol its a lot of fun and have been trying to speed kill bosses. I wouldnt say elana has any real like..unfair mechanics i guess, like a lot of other ds2 mobs do. But she has SO.MUCH.HEALTH. shes easily the longest boss fight for me by far. Its hard to stay patient and not try to steal extra hits when you got 3 skeles and velstadt following you for over half her hp.. Whew

    submitted by /u/SrslySam91
    [link] [comments]

    Ashen idol missing?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    Hey all, im currently playing through the ild iron king dlc on sotfs , i have 11 fragments of nadalia's soul and one smelter wedge left? Im pretty sure i got all the ashen idols, am i missing something? I did check out videos on youtube and i cant get my head around the last one im missing lol

    submitted by /u/stickndstone
    [link] [comments]

    It’s official, I hate dark souls 2

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    If not for rat gank boss 1, rat gank boss 2 and literal green hell I'd be fine with this game

    But these bosses are pushing me over the edge

    I was on a good streak, managed to do Magus and Freya? (The large spider boss) with relative ease

    Sorry just wanted to rant

    Is this game worth completing after these parts, or is it going to go downhill even further?

    Blind run so keep spoilers to a minimum please

    submitted by /u/benisnotpretty
    [link] [comments]

    I'll be doing a SL1 challenge on DKS2 what's the best gear setup I can have on SL1

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Soulsborne Series Research Survey

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    https://forms.gle/yceFe9JyttzNTFRi9

    Hey lads, I made a survey on a variety of things involving the Soulsborne series.

    I'm a huge fan of the Soulsborne series (primarily Dark Souls 1 I'm afraid), and wanted to make a survey to see what the Dark Souls community loves most throughout the series.

    I'll be releasing the outcome of the survey in a few days after this post.

    Thanks, and prithee be careful in your ventures.

    submitted by /u/xXDarkSoulsPlayerXx
    [link] [comments]

    Is santier’s spear good?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    I just got it.

    submitted by /u/Puppyboy14
    [link] [comments]

    Hollow mask illusionary wall

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    Hey im playing through the old iron king dlc and i read somewhere theres a mask that prevents curse/hollowing in certain ereas. I went to the elevator near said mask but the wall wont disappear but i did hear the pots behind it break? Am i missing something? Im playing sotfs on ps4

    submitted by /u/stickndstone
    [link] [comments]

    Elemental requirements

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    What do the elemental requirements (INT/FTH) do for a weapon? Do they just lower the elemental damage or the physical as well? Do they function in the same way as STR/DEX requirements? I want to use the sanctum repeating crossbow but don't like the INT and FTH requirements, how much do I suffer if I skip them?

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    Douchebag summoner?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    So I was trying to grab some sunlight medals and a few souls, while helping some other dudes out. Not the easiest thing to do with SM 3m, So i put my sunbro sign down at sihn's bonfire and got summoned by a certain "JOJOker". We do the fight and when Sihn's like 2 hits away from death he black crystals me out! What the hell! Is this a normal thing or am I missing something here? Why would someone do that?

    submitted by /u/fredzillanator
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get SotFS for pc?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    I´ve already played DS2 for the XBox 360 a while back. However, it was the vanilla vesion and I didn't hava the DLCs.

    So a few questions:

    Are the changes made to the game in SotFS good?

    Are the DLCs worth the purchase?

    How active is the online community on pc?

    Thank you very much in advance for possible answers!

    submitted by /u/DrBartolomeu
    [link] [comments]

    I can't see my friend summon sign but he can see mine

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    So I have a problem.Me and my friend are palying together and I cant see his summon sign but he can see mine and summon me.We are close soul level and in sun bro covenant.Also I can see when he puts his summon sign with small soupstone it only doesnt work with regular one. Anyone knows how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Pepeljasti
    [link] [comments]

    Unused content on ps4

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    I just wanna know, is there a way to get the unused things like the 2 unused illusory rings, the barrel set or the rosabeth's dress on ps4? I know the point of being unused is that you can't have it but i also have some weapons like the black rapier or golden axe that i think was also only in the code or something, i think they were supposed to be in the majula chest during the event with the blue sword or the murakumo. So yeah does anyone have one of the rings or set i talked about earlier, on ps4?

    submitted by /u/MelkorBlackFoe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment