• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    GOT ALL THE ACHIEVEMENTS

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Was missing only the gathering of the exiles. Man I'm happy :)

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    200% Equip Load Fume Fight

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771453798 Fresh game, no bonfire aesthetics used, no dropped items, trying to go for the world's first Over Encumbered DS2 play through!

    submitted by /u/Kronosfan
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Hi. Can I have some help on ancient dragon please? Xbox one SOTFS SM= 2.56 Million

    submitted by /u/stephenpurdue1
    [link] [comments]

    Npc summons in old iron king memory not appearing?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    When I first went through the memory of the old iron king, there was 2 npc summons. But this time, there is no one. I am human, so I don't see why they aren't here. Any help would be appreciated

    Edit: nvm I'm a dumbass and forgot I was in coc

    submitted by /u/bruh1234123
    [link] [comments]

    I'm relatively new to ds2, am I playing it right?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    So I've made some decent headway into ds2 before on xbox. I'm not a huge fan, but love Dark Souls and From Soft, so I'm doing a second playthrough, and I'm worrying that I'm playing like a bitch. I'm not in the covenant that makes it harder, I've been primarily clearing areas to soul farm and to make it easier, and I'm using a badass hammer that destroys the smaller enemies. I absolutely loved ds1, I've played almost nothing else for years, and I can't help but compare. In ds2 there are too many enemies for me, soul farming sucks because I'm not very balanced anymore and now there is no one to fight. Now that I am destroying with this hammer, I'm having fun, but it feels like I'm playing cheaply. Am I doing it wrong?

    submitted by /u/ones0nicpotato
    [link] [comments]

    Why are most twin blades strength scaling?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Just the way the weapons feel I think their should've been at least a couple more dex versions of it, my first play through I used the red iron twin blade and that thing just shredded everything, but now I wish there was something better than the curved twin blade for a dex character

    submitted by /u/Jodo2121
    [link] [comments]

    So i got all achievements today that are magic based. Need 3 more that say that their details will be revealed once unlocked

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Any idea what those 3 are?

    here"s all i have so far

    1.Self recollection

    1. this is dark souls

    3.reflections of disembodiment

    4.smith for life

    5.lucatiel

    6.holder of the fort

    7.moonlight greatsword

    8.change of clothes

    9.curious map

    10.slefless giver

    11.Abyssal covenant

    12.covenant of the fittest

    13.covenant of the anchients

    14.Clangorous covenant

    15.gnawing covenant

    16.covenant of the meek

    17.sanguinary covenant

    18.protector covenant

    19.brilliant covenant

    20.master of hexes

    21.master of pyromancy

    1. master of miracles

    23.master of sorcery

    24.gesture maestro

    25.supreme weapon

    26.Vendrick

    27.Looking Glass Knight

    28.Brightstone bonfire

    29.Gulch bonfire

    30.iron keep bonfire

    1. sinner's bonfire

    32.last giant

    1. the heir

    34.Anchient dragon

    35.King's ring

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a trading subreddit for ds2?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    That's the end of Darklurker and after around ~135 hours my NG+DLC is finally complete.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    Tried quite a few things. Thankfully I kept Darklurker at the very end after kings blessings, so didn't have a fear to go hollow. Also had a huge bank of Effigies by then.

    Finally I ended Darklurker with power stancing Estoc +10 and Rapier +10.

    He's a pain when he splits. Lot of it is left to luck I felt. Then helped a couple of random folks end Fume Knight and called it a day. 😀

    submitted by /u/vaikrunta
    [link] [comments]

    Unusual music track cut from the game - was included in the Network Test version

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    I really dig it, although the only place I can see it being used is the credits roll.

    Also dat synth bass!

    https://soundcloud.com/demons-lantern/dark-souls-2-network-test-track-2?in=demons-lantern/sets/dark-souls-2-network-test

    submitted by /u/one-armed-scissor
    [link] [comments]

    I've made extra hardcore, slow and strategic mod

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    First of all gonna say that DS2 is my favorite ds game because of how many early game builds you can make, how many similar but different weapons there are, doubling strength on two handing, allowing you to use a lot of large weapons early game without stat investment two handed, VIT stat that allows you to wear armor better, ADP if you choose to play with rolls instead of rely on shields and footwork.

    So I've made a mod that multiplies all these features. By a lot. By ten specifically.

    First you get much less souls, ten times less. Buying majula key, leveling up your weapon, upgrading armourer or simply leveling one level up is an invenstment and thing you should think about, it's not simply "came to this part of game can do that now".

    Second, damage highly denends on your armor. No armor/light armor may recieve 3-4 times as much damage as normal plate armor or something like 7 times the amount of heavy fantasy armor like vengarl's or drangleic.

    Third, max carry weight is lower, you cannot wear plate armor and roll in it without good invenstment into VIT.

    All but one class start with low ADP. High ADP is not necessary but just an easy way to play DS2. However now, if you choose to play ADP way you'll have to stick with light armor, because you are not upgrading VIT to tank or STR to wear strong shield, so if you choose to play ADP character you'll die in 1-2 hits. Bosses would almost be no hit challenges. Same with areas.

    Common healing items were nerfed. Lifegem and estus gives only third HP and estus, since it's unlimited heal, also increases your hollow level, so if you use it, it's not just as straight forward. Buying lifegems for 300 is not a viable normal thing to do, because 300 souls is a lot now.

    Weapons movesets change depending on your gear and stats. Each part of gear and STR, DEX, ATN, INT plays role in parts of moveset. Now even if you do find good armor that you can wear, it's moveset may be bad for you and you'll either have to wear another armor piece or upgrade corresponding stat.

    Weapons are buffed depending on their poise damage, I dont like how rapiers are so DPS high and two handers damage can be matched by few fast one handers hits. Greatsword is now 600 damage and not 400 because it has 50 poise damage so =+50%. Halberd sits around 450 and is useful with many useful movesets.

    Equip load is more important than ever. Not only you have less max carry to fit your weapons and armor, but percentage load is directly added to stamina use of all your actions. Rolling, running, attacking.

    Changed all starting classes, each have their own pros and cons and allow for pure STR, DEX, INT or FTH builds. Even have extremily hard to start class but starts with keys allowing to open kings gates and get in memory of giants from start.

    Oh and poise works differently. Now poise is buffed and is constant, if you can poise through some attack, it wont ever stunlock you, no more second hit stunlocks. I upped poise value in game code (not in HUD), in vanilla to tank one handed sword attack of heide knight you need 85 poise, which is realm of heavy armors. (Knight armor has 46 by default), in this mod internal poise value is multiplied by 2, so full knight armor grants you 92 and if I actually remember right and heide does 85 poise damage, you'll never be stunlocked by their normal attack in full plate armour.

    Since now most playstyles are chosen by player, and rolls might not be an option, almost all weapons can stab behind a shield, extremily good and finally can be greatly utilized feature.

    If you run out of effegies and souls to buy one, your character can "go hollow", meaning you only have 5% hp and no way to get effigy for another try, that might be time to start new character.

    Overall, this is a very hardcore mod, it does things hated by most players, all mistakes punish player for making them and wrong build/route planning may make progression impossible.

    Thanks for reading, if you are interested, here's a link. https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/921

    submitted by /u/Nexerade
    [link] [comments]

    I am literally not abled to defeat throne watcher and defender on my own. I play on PS4 and my soul memory is : 2.687.443. If you can help me... pls hmu

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Build help

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Trying to make havel the bonk roleplay run anyone have suggestions I'm still trying to get my head around the stats and enchanting any advice will be great as I can always look to this thread if confused so even if it's not havel roleplay advice just drop it on me plz be detailed as I'm really new so some of the hard/soft cap stuff I still don't get

    submitted by /u/Waxyboi95
    [link] [comments]

    Are hex builds effective in the DLC?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    I beat the game as a sorcerer before but the DLC enemies were highly resistant to magic. Are the DLC enemies less resistant to any other types of magic (miracles, hexes, etc.)? Was wanting to ask before I started my next playthrough.

    submitted by /u/TheDoodleDudes
    [link] [comments]

    What to know before I play?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    So im planning on getting the game soon, and I feel like I need to know a few things before I get into it. For context, this isnt my first ever souls game, I played dark souls 1, so im not a complete newbie.

    submitted by /u/IDuckling
    [link] [comments]

    Is dark souls 2 the worst dark souls game?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Is dark souls 2 the worst dark souls game? Just a question

    submitted by /u/Odd_Sea_2699
    [link] [comments]

    Best order of the places with the braziers before fighting darklurker?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    Help a DS2 noob out?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    So I'm starting DS2: SOTFS on PS4 and I'm remembering how much I sucked on the Xbone when I had it (only got to the first Pursuer fight before getting stuck). Any advice for someone unfamiliar to the game but familiar with the Soulsborne series having beaten DS1, DS3 and BB? Anything the could help is more than welcome

    submitted by /u/CrispyFlyingJacob
    [link] [comments]

    Guys I want the best build in the game for just blowing straight through this game.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    I've heard it's something with the rapier or something with sorceries. But I don't know anything past that.

    submitted by /u/ThedenskogTM
    [link] [comments]

    Demon's Souls as seen from the perspective of memes

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    I want to die

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    I just beat the pursuer early and died to the fucking hollow soldiers. Then when trying to get back I was one-shot by one of the explosive barrels the turtle shitbag can explode. Fuck you dark souls 2, no wonder people hate you

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    Who the guy in golden armor with greatsword we see every time We start the game?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    I beat the run!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Boys, and gals, and fellow undead. I did it. I beat my first challenge run! it was the Whip-only one, some of you might have seen it before. I also even added the Ancient Dragon as a boss I had to beat, since I also wanted to see how much damage I could do with the Old whip. Quite weak, if I'm being honest, but no matter. I also finally did the boss rush of the Throne defender and watcher, then Nashandra and then Aldia all in a single life! I didn't think I'd actually get to do it in a run like that. But, Nashy and Aldy also aren't that hard.

    submitted by /u/P1zzicato
    [link] [comments]

    New-ish player in need of some advice

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    I have played all soulsborne games to completion excluding sekiro and DeS. That being said, most of my experience comes from DS3. I just killed Nashandra on my first playthrough of DS2 with a quality build, and only after finishing the base game did I realize none of my weapons are infused.

    I have all types of infusion materials but are slightly confused how they work. Are there any infusions I should be running on a quality build or is it pretty much just buff and go? (Coming again from DS3 with raw, sharp, heavy, and refined gems). On the topic of gems, what is the difference between a Magic weapon and an Enchanted weapon if they both scale with INT? And i'm not entirely clear how Mundane works either.

    Because the base game is now finished, I feel like I have the strength to continue on to the DLC's. Can someone give me an opinion on difficulty rankings between the 3? I hear the Ivory King one (snowy?) is the hardest because of "horse fuck valley" to quote someone on this sub from the other day. If anyone has any progression/order suggestions for the DLC's that would be great too. I already have each required DLC item for access to all of them, so i can do it in any order. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/LordStabbyRunt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment