• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls was so superior to any other game, that it completely ruined everything else.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    No other game is even as close to as interesting, exciting, and has the same replay ability as dark souls.

    Due to this, every other game out there is so extremely disappointing.

    (Sigh) Gives me conniptions...

    submitted by /u/hungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    I love Dark Souls.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    I made a post a while ago, but I just gotta say. I love these games. They got me through some hard times. Anyways, I finally platinumed Bloodborne, DS 1, 2, and 3! I'm so happy because I honestly thought it wasn't possible for myself. Next I gotta get Sekiro and Demon's Souls!

    submitted by /u/DeNargioo_V2
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best piece of music within darksouls?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    I have never been this frustrated in my entire life.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I've spent the last 5 hours in Sen's Fortress. Every SINGLE time I get 10-15k souls I die to the FUCKING guillotines. Not any mobs, the damn spinning blades of absolute horse shit. This is my absolute most hated portion of any Souls game I have ever played and it is taking every ounce of self control I have to not rage snap my Switch in half over this shit. I've officially lost 120k odd souls in this dungeon. I finally found a bonfire and just as I was about to jump down to save my souls some asshole giant threw a fire pot at me, costing me 40k souls and as soon as I tried getting back I got knocked off. Again. Is2g this will drive me to my death.

    Thanks for coming to my tangent.

    submitted by /u/Acilina
    [link] [comments]

    Gaping Dragon Update

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    I have figured out a few things now and made some improvements to my strategy. Summoning before this boss is actually a hindrance because it masks its behavior until your summoned npc is dead and now you have a dragon with extra hp. Also I had a first happen on this attempt, it puked on me in a puddle that reached my neck that also damaged my weapon. I am 100% sure I can easily kill it tomorrow because I took half of its health while I only had 10% of my own left.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    I'm so LOST lol

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    Spent the last few days watching lore videos and reading about items, and now I'm lost. Crazy, but true. No idea where to go next, or what to do? I'm at the firelink shrine. I'm lv 36. Just got thru blighttown. Beat the gaping dragon and the sewers. To be honest, i don't think i 100% blighttown??? But what now? I guess Im near New Londo??? U can probably tell by my writing, that I'm turned inside out lol. Any suggestions??? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Bostonmarkb33
    [link] [comments]

    I got my sister to start playing Dark Souls

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    You can shit on me for this being self promotion if you please but I wanted to share this, I got my sister to start playing DS1 (possibly my favorite game ever, depending on the day it's that or BB) We are streaming it on twitch and I'm posting to YouTube. She's not much of a gamer, and it's quite entertaining...to me at least. Enjoy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBCJZhtOlDE&t=4s

    submitted by /u/THECaptGeech
    [link] [comments]

    Parrying Gwyn

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    I have tried to parry Gwyns leap attack countless times, but it isn't working, so I'm just wondering if you even can parry his first attack?

    submitted by /u/NicRim08
    [link] [comments]

    am stuck in the depths what should I do

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    A tale of woe

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    This morning I have been summoned for the gargoyles (SL20) by multiple people and been wrecked over and over and over by a godforsaken Darkwraith in Giants armour (+ Dusk's crown). Their tactic is simple spam Dark Magic + Black Flame for one hit kills.

    Host after host, phantom after phantom, again and again - all being wiped out in seconds.

    It's been one of the most infuriating, pride-swallowing sessions of gaming I've ever had the misfortune to be involved in. Clearly I need to git gud.

    The true Dark Souls starts here.

    Oh and "g"? Go fuck yourself.

    submitted by /u/Fawkrin_the_Skulkrin
    [link] [comments]

    i killed the pyromancer in depths is that will harm me ?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    Does anyone still play Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    Lucatiel of Mirrah?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    I just can't seem to find her anywhere. I didn't see her at the fight with the sinner, and I didn't see her at the iron keep. Is there anything I need to do first?

    submitted by /u/HaymanIsGod
    [link] [comments]

    Weird kind of red phantom look like invader

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Im replaying dsr and just came across that kind of squid like humanoid i think really looked like an invader anyone know wtf im talking about ? Im in ng+1 in the dlc in oolacile township

    submitted by /u/gagagabgab
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my SL1 challenge

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    After doing ds3 and bb at sl1 (bl4) I decided to do ds1 at sl1 https://youtu.be/aH7EuwLWagA Hers is the video for me finishing this challenge

    submitted by /u/a_k_z7
    [link] [comments]

    Weight..

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm loving this game. Like so much.

    After playing Sekiro, Bloodborne and DS3 religiously... it is AMAZING to have some new content. Especially when the game just doesnt gaf about you.

    Anyways... I got a nice hearty handful of souls and I want to level up my weight ratio so I can wear heavier armor and bear stronger weapons. What stat levels up equip load or does it just stay the same throughout the rest of the playthrough unless you get Havel's Ring?

    submitted by /u/buttmudbrooks69
    [link] [comments]

    I realized that Blue/Red Eye Knights from Demon's Souls are almost the same with Silver Knights.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    There are knights named Blue Eye and Red Eye Knights in Demon's Souls and their animations are also used for Silver Knights in Dark Souls. I realized it when I saw the recovery animation of their attacks so I paid more attention to their animations, they are both similar.

    Silver Knight's slash, shield bash and running thrust are the most noticeable ones. Also another thing is, Blue/Red Eye Knights also have 3 classes (Sword, Spear and Greatsword) like Silver Knights (Greatsword for Black Knights).

    They may also have similarities with Black Knights but I don't know too much since I barely see them in the game. Just a few.

    EDIT: They are more similar to Black Knights.

    It's interesting that they used those knights again in Dark Souls. That explains why I could parry them first try since I used to practice parry on Silver Knights, they are the same animations I used to. :)

    submitted by /u/ssLoupyy
    [link] [comments]

    Need help!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    Me and my buddy are stuck on pontiff on PC right now, would appreciate a third person to come help us!

    submitted by /u/Snowy_J0N
    [link] [comments]

    How do I avoid Smoughs electric ass slam AoE?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    Honestly don't get how to avoid this one. It's a high damage, fast af AoE with a radius too large to outrun/dodge, and it hits through walls. How is a melee char up close when this happens supposed to avoid it? Must be missing something..

    submitted by /u/AuddityHipHop
    [link] [comments]

    Really bad framerates on a decent pc (ds:remastered)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    Hello - I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this? My computer is relatively decent and theoretically should be able to achieve better than 15 fps, yet no matter what I try I am stuck running through molasses. Graphics card is nvidia geforce 1050 ti and it's a dell xps15. The 15 fps is with vsync turned off, and the other suggestion I've seen of borderless windowed mode doesn't seem to help. I'd greatly appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/lux_operon
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't I see summon signs?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Why am I not seeing any summon signs left by a player? I am connected to the internet, am human form, I'm on a place with an active boss, I did everything, my level isn't that high, I've literally seen everything this game can show me, I've seen vagrants, I've seen the highest possible damage, I've seen every covenant, I've seen solaire's hot body, I've seen everything, but not a single summon sign left by a player, can somebody explain why?

    submitted by /u/wassassn
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Bosses SURVIVOR: Round 17 **Top 5!**

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Another DLC boss bites the dust today, with Black Dragon Kalameet receiving 40% of the votes. It was neck-and-neck between Kalameet and another boss this round, but in the end Kalameet pulled ahead. Not much to say about Kalameet other than it's a super great boss, and I'm happy to see it rank so high.

    We're officially at top 5 territory! Who will win it all? Can't say I disagree with any of the top 5, I love every one of them. However, this is Dark Souls and there is no room for pity, so let's keep voting!

    Current tier list:

    • FANTASTIC: Black Dragon Kalameet
    • GREAT: Crossbreed Priscilla, Bell Gargoyles, Chaos Witch Quelaag
    • GOOD: Nito, Four Kings, Gaping Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Iron Golem, Seath the Scaleless, Dark Sun Gwyndolin, Asylum Demon
    • OKAY: Ceaseless Discharge, Centipede Demon, Taurus Demon, Demon Firesage
    • BAD: Moonlight Butterfly, Stray Demon, Pinwheel, Capra Demon
    • TERRIBLE: Bed of Chaos

    For anybody joining in, remember to vote for your LEAST FAVORITE boss. You may pick any criteria you want to decide who to vote for. Best story, best fight, most difficult, best looking, etc...it's up to you!

    CLICK HERE to vote for your LEAST FAVORITE boss

    Bosses In:

    • Great Grey Wolf Sif
    • Gwyn Lord of Cinder
    • Knight Artorias
    • Manus, Father of the Abyss
    • Ornstein and Smough

    Bosses Out:

    • 26th place: The Bed of Chaos (50%)
    • 25th place: Capra Demon (18.2%)
    • 23rd (Tie): Pinwheel (17.2%)
    • 23rd (Tie): Stray Demon (17.2%)
    • 22nd: Moonlight Butterfly (33.3%)
    • 21st: Demon Firesage (26.9%)
    • 19th (Tie): Centipede Demon (25%)
    • 19th (Tie): Taurus Demon (25%)
    • 18th: Ceaseless Discharge (37.5%)
    • 15th (Tie): Asylum Demon (15.8%)
    • 15th (Tie): Dark Sun Gwyndolin (15.8%)
    • 15th (Tie): Seath the Scaleless (15.8%)
    • 14th: Iron Golem (27.3%)
    • 12th (Tie): Gaping Dragon (17.9%)
    • 12th (Tie): Sanctuary Guardian (17.9%)
    • 11th: Four Kings (24.2%)
    • 10th: Nito (30.8%)
    • 9th: Chaos Witch Quelaag (29.6%)
    • 8th: Bell Gargoyles (47.4%)
    • 7th: Crossbreed Priscilla (60.9%)
    • 6th: Black Dragon Kalameet (40%)
    submitted by /u/SaintMadeOfPlaster
    [link] [comments]

    i reached the bill gry... and i gave up any advice how can i beat them

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    r/SoulsMetal

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    Hail, Chosen Undead
    There has been a couple of posts on this sub in the past regarding Dark Souls Metal Music.
    I've started r/SoulsMetal if you would like to stop by and have a listen or contribute some kindling to our playlist.

    Thanks
    Just don't go hollow

    submitted by /u/AwesomeStu84
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment