• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Desert sorceress I made

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    To the guy that summoned me earlier, I am so sorry :(

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Just logged in with my first character after 600 hours with other characters (Agape, 4M+ SM, Lvl 200). Seeing that the border in Sanctum City is orange, I immediately fast travelled to there and put down a sign (My character has soothing sunlight and sacred oath). Got summoned immediately, but my already dying keyboard decided to just literally die this moment.

    Ended up just standing over there, watching poor host fight off 3 poison soldiers in the distance and barely making it out alive (he was using some kind of straight sword)... He later came to me, made a no way gesture, then kicked me out of the world. I am so sorry :<

    submitted by /u/AoiSamurai
    [link] [comments]

    What'swithDs2 and rats?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    The Royal Rat Authority, The Royal Rat Vanguard, The Rat King.... What's with the rat fetish? Not only Dark Souls 2, but literally every Fromsoft game.

    submitted by /u/Good-Jellyfish-364
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to wear a lightning clutch ring for a faith build?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    I'm trying to make a faith paladin build for pvp, but I don't know if the sacrifice of 80 physical defense is worth it or not.

    submitted by /u/Balharhad
    [link] [comments]

    Puzzling stone sword build?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    I wanna make a build for this weapon i mainly gonna use it for pvp i know its not that good for pve

    So i need a weapon that used the same stats as the weapon and good at pve any tips of what should i use

    I dont like weapons slower than a great sword

    submitted by /u/Moshi-s777
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new and would love to hear about how people got into Dark Souls 2 and what they like about it.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    Last November, my group of friends and I thought it would be fun to play a game at the same time and we decided to play Dark Souls 1. While everyone either hated it or thought it was alright, I absolutely fell in love and as of today, put 650 hours into it (500 of it is on the Switch so it was easy to put a lot of time in). At the beginning of this year I got Dark Souls 3 because it was the one that my friend recommended I play next. I mean no disrespect to FromSoft or anyone who likes DS3 but I HATE that game. But I think that Twin Princes and Soul of Cinder are the two best bosses in the series. After that I got DS2 (specifically SotFS) and started playing it at the beginning of quarantine. After about a few hours of getting used to the differences, downloading a mod to fix the stiff analog stick controls, and thinking I was gonna hate the game like so many others, I spent a week just exploring the Forest of Fallen Giants, Heide's Tower of Flame, No Man's Wharf, Lost Bastille, Shaded Woods, Shaded Ruins, Huntsman's Copse, Grave of Saints, The Gutter, and Black Gulch all while only fighting Last Giant, Pursuer, and Dragonrider. I've never had so much fun just exploring in a video game. And not to mention how fun it is to fight normal enemies in this game. DS2 is the only Soulsborne game that makes fighting normal enemies fun. I actively avoid running past enemies. WHAT!?!?! As a DS1 player, I scare myself with that fact about me. There is absolutely nothing better than the world in this game. It is so fun to go through even after beating the game dozens of times. It is somehow both casual and engaging at the same time. This game has more identity than any other Soulsborne game. This game has the best community of any Soulsborne game. This game has the best gameplay of the Soulsborne games. This game is the best of the Soulsborne games.

    submitted by /u/Bagel_my_boi
    [link] [comments]

    Is DragonRider Optional

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    i just beat as my first boss and was wondering if i need to kill him to progress

    submitted by /u/datchiven
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously, fuck the run to the blue smelter demon. I spent less time fighting fume knight than the blue smelter demon. Mainly cuz of the run to it

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    God this place is pissing me off. Rant over.

    submitted by /u/02grimreaper
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Poster Art

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Anyone loves dlc bosses but hate the run to them

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    original ds2 bosses were a bore to me. I could turtle through the whole game while being half-awake.
    Dlc bosses on the other hand were like a breath of fresh air, especially sinh and fume knight. They were the best bosses (together with Ornstein and Smough) I have had in my gaming career. However, it seems that because the bosses are so well designed, fromsoftware purposely made the run to them a torture so that in the end everything considered the quality of dlc is just equal to the main game. The 3 npc, the smelter demon, and alonne... The thing is except for the blue smelter demon (which I will skip since it is so boring), the other 2 are both exciting.

    I have not played the last dlc yet, are the runs to bosses just as torturous?

    submitted by /u/Excellent_Rhubarb520
    [link] [comments]

    Brotherhood of Blood Covenant: My Opinion

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    I love the Brotherhood of Blood Covenant. I have spent many hours duelling others, and it's awesome. Imo DS2 has the best PVP in the series, hands-down, and there is an entire covenant dedicated to just duelling. The covenant is still active enough that I usually only have to wait a few seconds to get connected.

    There are just a couple things I wish were different - things that, if they were changed, would make this covenant even better.

    1) Give an actual reward for invading others successfully

    The tokens of spite are almost worthless; you only need ONE in your inventory to participate in the arena, so the others are just kinda there. There's a couple solutions to this: if you could trade a certain amount of tokens of spite to advance in the covenant OR at least get a human effigy for killing the host of the world you invaded.

    2) Change the terrible ranking system

    50 wins in the arena is nothing to scoff at. I wish that was how simple ranking up could be. Hell, make it 100 wins. There are some great players in the covenant, and many of them will be a MUCH higher level than you. That's why I hate how losing makes you backtrack. And I also don't like how winning makes my fellow Blood Brothers lose rank progress as well.

    Give the META lords their aura glow for getting a 50+ KD spread, but please don't put the rank rewards so far out of reach. I'm at around 60/40 in the arena, so I'm not even close. I just want the curved twinblade.... is that so much to ask?


    submitted by /u/PompousGoblin
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    Can you dupe sunlight medals in the game

    submitted by /u/sniperjuf
    [link] [comments]

    Looking Glass Knight + Avaa, Lud, & Zallen gank-fest (deleted scene)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Cant summon specific friend in eleum loyce. (Xbox one)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    I cant summon one of my friends for some reason. I can summon other people but he just won't show up. Soul memory are the same, we have the same gods, both used bonfire aesthetics and nullified the effigies. Only thing we do know is when he boots up the game he gets a different start up screen from the normal Sotfs but its Sotfs nonetheless. Are we missing something? Because from my knowledge we should be fine

    submitted by /u/SirPrime707
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Man -- completed

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    To recap: The idea is a build that can fast roll while using Iron Flesh.

    And while I don't have the Third Dragon Ring yet, the truly important pieces are in place.

    Old Iron King Crown. Northwarder Set. Royal Soldier's Ring +1. Lingering Dragonquest Ring +1.

    Because the buff just doesn't last that long I opted for good DPS weapons. In the end mostly a lightning Bandit Axe and a Lightning Ice Rapier.

    Now the buff is super handy for getting to Fume Knight. There are a couple of places that are vastly simplified by 30+ seconds of near invulnerability.

    But then you finally reach Fume Knight and ... it honestly doesn't make much of a difference. You can't burn Fumey down fast enough.

    The great thing about Iron Flesh is that you can focus on the openings and tank a hit if required. And yeah you can totally tank his straight sword (handy as I get hit by it a lot) but ... doing well in the opening 30 seconds of the fight is no big deal. No matter how you do the fight it's going to take a while. And without Iron Flesh you have a ton of levels that literally aren't pulling their weight (no pun intended but I'm leaving it)

    I have absolutely no doubt that Flynn's ring for the full fight does you a great deal more than high defense for a short while.

    And that's the way it goes in PvE. You can use it to get past some really awkward situations but it's only really valuable in fights you can get over quickly and in that case, why worry? I do have to say I loved it in Old Iron King fight because I could just focus on not being knocked back and could just go for any opening.

    In the end I think the real best use of the build is exactly the way Sunlight Blade used it. Random (non arena) PvP. Pretty sure a serious PvPer will simply wait out the buff, but in a random invasion it could be a fun surprise.

    I had fun but even with the Old Iron King Crown it's not so much OP as that it gives you an option to be very aggressive against the common enemies. And it takes a fair amount of setup. You kind of need the Lingering Dragonquest Ring +1, the Royal Soldier's Ring +1 and Northwarder gear. And that's a lot of prep work. Maybe a respec after you get all of the pieces. Maybe use it in NG+. Or maybe use Iron Flesh but don't worry if you can't fast roll. Maybe just get enough VGR to keep under 120%.

    Interesting. Different. Not so much game breaking as giving you another tool.

    submitted by /u/rnj1a
    [link] [comments]

    Are You Supposed To Use Bonfire Ascetic On Different Bonfires On Different Versions?(Vanilla/Scholar Of The First Sin?)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Well, I've used Bonfire Ascetic on Heide's Ruin bonfire on Scholar of the First Sin version. But Dragonrider hasn't been respawned on the next NG cycle. Then I thought I'm supposed to use Bonfire Ascetics on the boss room because you're supposed to use Bonfire Ascetic on the closest bonfire to the boss room to make it respawn. Then on vanilla version I used Bonfire Ascetic on Tower of Flame but it didn't respawn on the boss room on the next NG cycle as well. So again on vanilla version then I used Bonfire Ascetic on Heide's Ruin and it did respawn on the boss room on the next NG cycle. I was trying to do the same as the people did on "How to be OP Hexer in 10 minutes." But wtf is this? lol. :D

    submitted by /u/letumexordo
    [link] [comments]

    Would a bad dark souls player controlling Fume Knight be able to beat Lobosjr

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Lobosjr can use whatever equipmenr he wants, and is at max level.

    extra question: which boss in ds2 would be the hardest to beat if it is controlled by human. Dragons have to follow some flying patterns, like they have to land after 3 seconds flying and cannot fly for the next 20 seconds.

    submitted by /u/Excellent_Rhubarb520
    [link] [comments]

    Drops

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    So I'm pretty sure I've asked this before, but:

    What are the drops that would make you at least consider changing your build? For example, if either the Lizard Staff or Clear Bluestone Ring +2 drops, time for a Sorcery run. Or if I get the Demon's Great Hammer it's Strength all the way.

    Is there anything that you won't move on without getting? Unless I plan a strength run I am getting the Old Knight Hammer.

    Anything you'd really like to drop but won't go to Champions to get? Maybe Lingering Flame. I always want it and I'll try to farm it rather than buying it. But push comes to shove I'll buy it.

    Anything that makes you happy any time it drops even if you don't intend to use it? Syan's Halberd. Mastodon Halberd, Sea Bow, Varangian Sword, Heide Knight gear, Shadow Dagger, any of the weapons used by Manikins. These will always get a "nice" from me.

    submitted by /u/rnj1a
    [link] [comments]

    Pvp

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    How can i get to pvp arenas? And when can you use the cracked red eye orb?

    submitted by /u/DancingClown99
    [link] [comments]

    Jolly co-op becames more rare with time it seems

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    From my own perspective, over a month ago my character on 2M sm could easilly do some jolly co-op with strangers in Drangleic, Dragon Shrine, Shrine of Amana, and sometimes even for Ivory King or Fume Knight, but from a week I'm observing that, it's dying. Just a month ago summons were happening after 10 - 20 minutes, now, I can wait even an hour and nothing.

    SM 39K however is alive and well as it was. But eh, sitting non-stop in Forest of the Fallen Giants or Heide's Tower gets quite boring. Ocasionally, I can find someone in Lost Bastile for Ruin Sentinels so that's something.

    Well, I can't expect DS3 amount of activity from this old game but still, co-op was a nice break from solo running trough the world of DS2.

    Also, did any of you who play with strangers, had noticed some changes in activity ?

    submitted by /u/SeemsNormalToMe
    [link] [comments]

    Still the creepiest shit ive seen in this game...its just..disturbing

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    Can someone tell me an easy method to farm solar medals?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    I have killed tons of knights at Tseldora and they NEVER dropped a medal

    submitted by /u/PastaAlFormaggio
    [link] [comments]

    Moonlight GS question

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    I know you need to kill freya on NG+ to get the pale drake soul. No problem. My question is more complicated. I believe in SOTFS you can encounter Freya right after that ambush spot where the miners try to boulder-roll you, just before the stairs that carry you down.

    If I burn an ascetic at the army camp bonfire and kill freya there will she drop the soul? Of is that just a crazy idea? (Edit: typos)

    submitted by /u/shichimi-san
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice on a forlorn build?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    I'm planning on using the forlorn greatsword but I could use the scythe too. I'm using the forlorn set too

    submitted by /u/_ThatOneMimic_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment