• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I HAVE PEAKED. I beat O and S on my first try, first playthrough.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I am shaking as I am writing this right now. During the entire fight I was thinking in my head about posting this... and I didn't choke... I have yet to feel this good from beating a boss in the series, because there is not a single other boss I've beaten first try on a blind play-through. I died to the fucking gargoyles probably around 20-30 tries, and at least once to every other boss. This is my 2nd souls game, as I bought Ds3 in March and beat it a few times. I have been liking this game more and more as I go and now I just feel incredible. Like so much work has paid off. I knew about O and S and how hard they are for some, but I didn't know when I would fight them. When I entered the fog I was terrified. I was having a near panic attack the entire fight as I noticed how well I seemed to be doing. I killed Ornstein and had 2 flasks left with full health. Smough had me at 1/4th health with 0 Estus flasks remaining. He was half health and so I thought I was done and felt a bit of relief that I no longer imagined I had a change. I somehow managed to stay alive and chop at him using my +10 iatio for a while when I noticed his health was low. My adrenaline was kicking back in immensely as he repeatedly did his slam move which was easy to dodge. Wow... I recorded the last 2 minutes on my Xbox so I'm hoping it caught everything. Btw I should mention I might be a bit over leveled at 58

    submitted by /u/Clams-and-sausage
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else think dark souls has an incredible art style

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    I know people rave about bloodborne, dark souls 3 and sekiros art style and dark souls 1 doesn't have the best graphics but upon replaying the entirety of game, I remembered just how fantastic the games art style is. Areas like anor londo, kiln of the first flame, ash lake still look amazing almost a decade later and the gritty aesthetic it has really gives the game an amazing atmosphere. Honestly the games art direction is one of the underappreciated parts of the game and I wish it gets more love.

    submitted by /u/Acrobatic_Ad63
    [link] [comments]

    What happens after you beat dark souls for the first time?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    I've just finished the Artorias of the Abyss dlc today and I'm thinking of heading straight to Gwyn. I heard that after you beat the final boss you go back to the start of the game with all your gear and stats intact, do the enemies get harder in the second run? I've been using a black knight sword I got the at the start of my first run, can I still 1 shot enemies?

    submitted by /u/hotdogissexybitch
    [link] [comments]

    To "Paladin Leeroy"

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    Backstory: While on my way to fight Nito with a fellow hollow, we noticed that Paladin Leeroy spawned a little before I passed the trigger zone. Thought nothing of it. Visually he looked exactly as he should. A little into the fight, we noticed he was fighting differently from normal. Still thought nothing of it. After we defeated him, as we went to go fight Nito, THE REAL PALADIN LEEROY INVADED. Couldn't believe my eyes.

    Anyway, sorry for juggling you for 5000 years with the BKGS. What's your build bro?

    submitted by /u/AirforkOne
    [link] [comments]

    I spent a month on this video analyzing the weird jumping mechanics in Dark Souls

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    The Souls games are full of excellent systems that bring up a lot of discussion on game design and what makes the experience so satisfying. People will constantly argue over which game has the most unique level design, the most interesting pvp, the best items, and so on.

    There's tons of videos out there breaking down the combat and explaining why it's groundbreaking for a number of reasons. However, as far as I could tell, almost nobody has done a full analysis on the weird jumping mechanics. Despite getting many things right, the jumping (and physics) systems in the Souls games are consistently poor when compared to just about any other contemporary game.

    You could say jumping isn't that important in the grand scheme of things - which is completely true. But that doesn't mean it's not worth investigating what went wrong and how it could be improved. I included a lot of tips and tricks that are useful for jumping systems in just about any game, not strictly platformers. Anyways, it's a lot easier to explain all of this in video, so take a look!

    Full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT08RI-yCEw

    submitted by /u/EntropyPhi
    [link] [comments]

    The PS3 that I bought is a Souls Game Machine

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    I bought a PS3 to play Demon's Souls after completing the Souls games on the PS4 and obviously it didn't just stop there. http://imgur.com/gallery/yzgUkYc

    submitted by /u/jinrex015
    [link] [comments]

    I just attempted a no death run for the first time and was confident that I had prepared for everything. Except, of course, for gravity.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    https://clips.twitch.tv/SecretiveSmilingWormFailFish

    I was just talking about how I actually like the stiffness of Dark Souls 2's analog input because it makes it much easier to walk in a straight line without drifting, and then SPLAT.

    Still, I'm proud I got as far as I did!

    submitted by /u/Amygdalan_username
    [link] [comments]

    It’s takes some years to fall in love with Dark Souls.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    (This isn't a post to express that I've finally beat the game but more so an expression of how I came to love Dark Souls.)

    I first got dark souls whenever it was released for free on Xbox live back in 2014 I believe but eventually hollowed out due to my poor understanding of the games mechanics. I never understood the praise for the game and promptly stopped playing after getting stuck at O&S in the accursed Anor Londo. Throughout the years I've been coming back to the game to attempt to fulfill the destiny of the chosen undead hoping to see the journey come to an end. I am now happy to say that some 6 years later I've beat DS remastered on the switch and I can finally say this game is the true embodiment of it's not the destination that shapes you but the journey. For me I could not fully love this game let alone understand it until I saw those credits role. It took me 6 years and over 200+ hours from all my combined play through to finally realize this game is truly a masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/richforever77
    [link] [comments]

    Which ending do you think a Vinheim sorcerer Chosen Undead would choose?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    I am not a Dark Souls lore expert, but based on what we know about Vinheim I think that they are not very fond of Gods, or at least they are indifferent towards them. As far as I know, sorcery is not related to Light or Dark. So if the Chosen Undead is a Vinheim sorcerer, who is loyal to the ideas of their school, which ending would be best suited for their mindset? Maybe it's a stupid question, but I think from a role playing aspect it's very interesting to think about how the background of a certain character would affect their choice.

    submitted by /u/demoVK
    [link] [comments]

    Hey i was just wondering, how many of you guys got shitloads of BK weapons on your first playthrough? I read that they were super rare drops but now I have like 4 halberds and multiples of everything bar the greataxe. Just seemed weird to me.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    Just beat Dark Souls for the first time

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    I remember getting the original Dark Souls back when it first released on Xbox. I played through about a third of it and then kinda drifted away from it when some other games released. After some time I picked up Sekiro on release and neckbearded it to completion. After being reminded what an amazing dev FROM SOFT is I promptly bought all the Dark Souls games on PC and told myself I would play through them all before another souls game released. Recently they showed off the Demon Souls remake and it lit a fire under my butt to finish this series. It took me a little over a week but I powered through the entire game killing every boss and wow...what an experience. I forgot how addicting these games can be and what a rush you feel after taking down a hard boss. Now I'm on to DS2 and then 3!!! Wish me luck!

    submitted by /u/LeesusChrist
    [link] [comments]

    Farming humanity

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    I've noticed the rats under the bridge to the Undead Parish drop humanity when they drop loot if anyone finds that helpful.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Smough and Ornstein?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    I've been trying to take down Smough and Ornstein for a while now, any tips on the most effective way to kill them? What is a good level to be at to take them on as well?

    submitted by /u/Wise-Fig8340
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an unofficial Lordran Holiday right now?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Lower Blighttown is popping on PC! Consistently see 4-5 people at the fire, plus frequent invasions. I haven't seen that in a long time.

    submitted by /u/Comrade__Questions
    [link] [comments]

    As a noob and to protect my insanity I have resorted to naming each enemy that I've slaughtered for the 300th time in a row. It helps

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    Will I be able to Platinum DSR in three playthroughs if my first playthrough is completely blind?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    I'm up to blighttown in my first playthrough and having a blast, and would love to platinum it but have heard it takes 3 or more playthroughs. I reckon I could grind 3 out, but how planned do all 3 have to be?

    Pls be gentle with spoiler territory story/boss-wise, but I'm pretty aware of the need to get multiple boss soul weapons and such! I'm more concerned about covenants...

    submitted by /u/moonstrong
    [link] [comments]

    GUYS! GUYS! BIG UPDATE! BIG FUCKING UPDATE!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    SO I TRIED SAVING SOLAIRE SO WE CAN FIGHT TOGETHER AGAINST GWYN, SO I KILLED THE SUNLIGHT MAGGOT THROUGH THE DOOR AFTER I KILLED DEMON FIRE SAGE, AND ALSO CENTIFUCKINGPEDE DEMON, I WAS TOLD THAT IF I ENTER LOST IZALITH I WON'T BE ABLE TO SAVE HIM, SO I DIDN'T, CAN I ENTER IZALITH NOW THAT I KILLED THE LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT MAGGOT?, I DIDN'T ENTER THE CHAOS COVENANT BTW

    submitted by /u/wassassn
    [link] [comments]

    Help kill nameless? P4

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Need people to come summon a sun bro at quelaag

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    man i've had 1 summon in the past 30 mins, i just need sunlight medals i don't want to be here all night, soul level 22

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_SNOWMEN
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Bosses SURVIVOR: Round 9

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    We have a three way tie after last round's voting! This is mostly due to a significantly lower vote count this round than previous ones (please vote!), but also because there was a much wider spread of votes, suggesting that there is much less consensus now about which bosses should be voted out (which is a good thing imo). This further supports the idea that we are now in "good" boss territory.

    So who got kicked out? Say goodbye to Asylum Demon, Dark Sun Gwyndolin, and Seath the Scaleless! All received 15.8% of the vote. I've been voting Asylum Demon the past few rounds, and Gwyndolin's fight is admittedly lame, but I'm pretty sad to see Seath go in the first half. Love his lore and design, even if he is a pretty easy boss.

    Current tier list using my ideology explained in Round 5:

    • GOOD: Seath the Scaleless, Dark Sun Gwyndolin, Asylum Demon
    • OKAY: Ceaseless Discharge, Centipede Demon, Taurus Demon, Demon Firesage
    • BAD: Moonlight Butterfly, Stray Demon, Pinwheel, Capra Demon
    • TERRIBLE: Bed of Chaos

    For anybody joining in, remember to vote for your LEAST FAVORITE boss. You may pick any criteria you want to decide who to vote for. Best story, best fight, most difficult, best looking, etc...it's up to you!

    CLICK HERE to vote for your LEAST FAVORITE boss

    Bosses In:

    • Bell Gargoyles
    • Black Dragon Kalameet
    • Chaos Witch Quelaag
    • Crossbreed Priscilla
    • Four Kings
    • Gaping Dragon
    • Great Grey Wolf Sif
    • Gwyn Lord of Cinder
    • Iron Golem
    • Knight Artorias
    • Manus, Father of the Abyss
    • Nito
    • Ornstein and Smough
    • Sanctuary Garden

    Bosses Out:

    • 26th place: The Bed of Chaos (50%)
    • 25th place: Capra Demon (18.2%)
    • 23rd (Tie): Pinwheel (17.2%)
    • 23rd (Tie): Stray Demon (17.2%)
    • 22nd: Moonlight Butterfly (33.3%)
    • 21st: Demon Firesage (26.9%)
    • 19th (Tie): Centipede Demon (25%)
    • 19th (Tie): Taurus Demon (25%)
    • 18th: Ceaseless Discharge (37.5%)
    • 15th (Tie): Asylum Demon (15.8%)
    • 15th (Tie): Dark Sun Gwyndolin (15.8%)
    • 15th (Tie): Seath the Scaleless (15.8%)
    submitted by /u/SaintMadeOfPlaster
    [link] [comments]

    Dark bead invasions.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    I am the cancer. It's a lot of fun.

    On a totally unrelated note, where's the action around level 60 besides dukes/anor londo?

    submitted by /u/riggetyriggitywreckd
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the drop rate on the balder side sword

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    I been farming forever man still nothin

    submitted by /u/LBC_Goon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment