• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Boletaria Is Now On!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    Greetings, Bearers of the Curse!

    Return to Boletaria is now officially on! Running for two weeks from October 4th to the 18th. In celebration of the classic games 11th anniversary for the North American release.

    We ask anyone and everyone to participate in any way they can. Even just leaving your white phantom impression and bloodstain for other players makes Boletaria feel alive once again for someone else.


    World Tendency

    For the first week of the event World Tendency will be pure white. ✨

    The second week tendency will shift to pure black. 🎃


    How can I participate?

    You can participate by connecting to the Demon's Souls Private Server on either PS3 or RPCS3 (PS3 emulation software).

    Instructions below:

     


    Community

    • If you are interested in an active Demon's Souls community where you can setup coop and pvp sessions then feel free to come by and say hi in the Demon's Souls Discord!
    submitted by /u/Maiden_1n_Black
    [link] [comments]

    How do you tell the difference between a iron chest, trapped iron chest, and mimic iron chest

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    I just found a Mimic for the first time in DS2, thing gave me quite the scare because I didn't realize that they were in this game. Do any of you guys know how to tell if it's a mimic? I remember in DS1 if you looked at the chain it made it easy to tell, but the iron chest in DS2 don't have any chains in them.

    submitted by /u/David_East
    [link] [comments]

    I finally feel like i got somewhere.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:47 PM PDT

    Ive tried to get into this game 3 times now and feel like i just got somewhere. So ive played it for a couple hours and hadnt found any bosses and got very downtrotten. And tonight i just defeated "The Last Giant" and "The Dragonrider" within the span of 30 mins. I know its not much but i can actually play this game and feel like i made progress. Thx for listening! Dont go hollow!

    submitted by /u/colt1911m7
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with the wiki on Fextralife?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Edit: Thanks for all the answers, I can sense that Fextralife is baaad, and the wikidot has it's own problems but not at all like Fextralife. And please read my post before commenting something, let's say, not so informative.

    So I'm currently studying DS2 for a "cinematic" 100% walkthrough project.

    And I gotta say that the wiki is a huge mess of wrong information and strange wording!

    "She is where the Bonfire used to be"

    "The summon sign is in the area where the other sign was before"

    What kind of guidance is that!? I don't remember the original edition!

    Don't even get me started on the walkthrough of The Gutter!

    I have read and gone through every area and walkthrough 2 times in a row now, and I have concluded that the wiki inadequate and misleading, I had to make my own 15 page guide to avoid hollowing in real life.

    I am playing the Scholar of the First Sin.

    I know that many will ask "why don't you just change it all then?" - And to that I say, maybe I will, but my own project comes first.

    submitted by /u/CylinderOfLeaves
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight thrusts through time and space to annihilate innocent jester from existence.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    Who da ... created Darklurker?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    I had around 23 human effigies. Now I have none. This boss is such a trash even the path to him is pain throught 3 npcs in absolute dark and holes on the floor. I am lvl 120 I have quality build so I enhance both str and dxt. I can get throught his 1st phase but the moment he makes his clone I have 0 chance. Both start spamming dark and flame ball AOE that has radius across almost all arena. Please is there some way to beat him without respec and making some spell or miracle build?.

    submitted by /u/Skynir7
    [link] [comments]

    A question about Scholar Of The First Sin

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Do I need to get all the spells/hexes/miracles/pyros from the dlc to the achievements? Specifically on Xbox.

    submitted by /u/IsaahkProductions
    [link] [comments]

    Still my best invasion after all this time

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    How do you get the scythe of the forlorn?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    How to and when should I start the DLC?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    I found the doors to the DLC but I can open them and I don't know when to start them.

    submitted by /u/David_East
    [link] [comments]

    Started SOTFS after I played finally and I have some questions

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    So a while back I make a post about how I felt really good because I had ended dark souls 2 and found out that it wasn't SOTFS and in fact I was scammed.

    I recently downloaded SOTFS and I have a few questions:

    Q) firstly, there are so many statues that aren't there before If I'm not wrong. There is one in Things Betwix that is protecting a fog door which has a saris flask shard. There is one on the door from which u can fight the ruin sentinels. They weren't there before and how the hell do I get fragment beach of yore for them?

    Q) Enemy placement is different. I see persists popping up out of nowhere in the Lost Bastille. Game is generally more harder, I'd this part of the SOTFS or am I just delusional.

    Q) is it just me or is loot a little randomised too?

    Please answer my questions and explain to me what is different in SOTFS from the base game apart from the dlcs

    submitted by /u/Rayyan41
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about a dex/cast build from a str player

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Hey all, I'm looking to make a dex build in ds2 SotF (with the goal of grabbing all achievments). What are the best weapons for a dex build? Best rings? Are any of the casting schools good for dex? In ds1 I would do dex/pyro because no levels need to be used and dex makes the casts faster, but I have no clue what I'm doing in ds2.
    I was thinking of using the rapier -> ropera and using either faith spells or pyro spells. Probably 3rd dragon ring, ring of blades, bracing knuckle ring, and chlo ring. Not sure if dex pairs better with regular spells or hexes or what.
    Only playthrough I've ever completed in ds2 was straight up str using the greatsword and the grand lance, so I'm clueless on spells and dex for this game

    submitted by /u/hndsmngnr
    [link] [comments]

    Phantom Suicide Pack

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    So this literally happened a few minutes ago. I just beat Smelter Demon and noticed a summon sign after the bonfire you find after beating him. I go and summon a phantom because I was having a bit of trouble with the area and just wanted to be safe. Right after I start summoning him, I see a knew summon sign appears, but I decided to leave it alone so that another player can use them if they need help. So the guy I summoned finally comes into my world, looks at me, and than jumps straight into the lava. I thought to myself that was kind of weird but than just went a used the second summon sign I said. Second summon spawns and can you guess what he does? He runs and jumps straight into the lava like the first guy, I was super confused but I found it pretty funny. I decided that I wasn't going to use any phantoms at Iron Keep after watching the two kill themselves so I decided to go and grab some life gems. When I go back to the Iron Keep bonfire I see two DIFFERENT summon signs, I said fuck it and decided to summon both of them to see what happens. They both look at me and jump straight into the lava.

    submitted by /u/David_East
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 on Ps4

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    So... I played ds2 on my ps3 a lot. A LOT. I played about 10-15 characters all the way to NG+7. I've done mage, I've done knight, almost every existing build. Now, after 3 years of having my PS4, after endless sessions and playtroughs of ds3, I purchased ds2. I knew it was a little bit remasters, and for this reason I played with all my attention and focus. But let's be real, because I can't be the only one thinking this :

    FORMSOFTWARE RUINED DARKSOULS 2 !!

    It's almost like they straight up just copied enemy's and spawnt then everywhere, especially in places that are hard as frick to begin with. The take Bosses, and Place them all around stupid places. Phantoms spawn nearly every 2 minutes and feeling like NG+2 or 3.

    I never broke my controller ever before, but this „new version" of Ds2.. man I broke my controller over frustration.

    Pls answer and tell me what you think.

    submitted by /u/max0512
    [link] [comments]

    Is it my impression or the Bone fist is really op?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    I knew about the bone fist before playing Dark Souls 2 because of its incredible moveset, so I made my first ds2 build a quality one. But when I casted my first HADOUKEN I realised how much damage it does. I am at Drangleic's castle, currently level 162 (from what I know it is quite a lot), with 50 dex and 40 strenght, and just beat the boss, with around only 10 HADOUKENs. It took only 2 to kill the Mammouts knights. Is this nornal?

    submitted by /u/EMP_IBinfinity
    [link] [comments]

    Just got through the shrine of heat-seeking artillery

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    I fucking finally pulled the stick out of my brain and listened to the people who said "just use a bow". That made the area SO MUCH EASIER and I hate myself for not listening to that advice sooner

    submitted by /u/Jodo2121
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Man-- Much time spent -- some important progress

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    To recap, the idea is a build that makes heavy use of Iron Flesh while being able to fast roll.

    Iron Flesh is genuinely OP while it lasts. But it just doesn't last very long. So the next goal is the Northwarder set.

    This is good light armor in itself. The best defense to weight ratio in the game -- though it has no poise and poise is generally more important than physical defense in DS2. Of much greater importance, it extends the duration of buffs.

    But the Northwarder set lives in Eleum Loyce and that sets off a series of events.

    First 1M souls to get through the Shrine of Winter. Mostly from farming in Black Gulch.

    Then because there are a couple of spots where I want a decent bow -- and don't have enough poison arrows to cheap out on the bow. So Dragonrider Bow. Which you can get to +2 by picking up the Bone in the Shaded Woods.

    And since I don't like to go to that part of the Shaded Woods without the Black Witch's Veil that means tracking down the Gutter Dweller. (Not needed if you're careful. So ... I get the veil. I've messed up way too frequently)

    Then on to Dranglaeic Castle for the Frozen Flower. Side note, there are a couple of moderately tricky fights on the way. Iron Flesh is great in any of them. The only real issue is picking which 3 (Hexer's Hood for the third cast) to use it in.

    Then a run through Eleum Loyce. Again Iron Flesh takes the sting out of the nastier parts of the area.

    Came out with the Eye of the Priestess, the Northwarder Set and as a side bonus, a couple of Ice Rapiers and a Rampart Golem Shield.

    All in all a day well spent.

    Next minor goal is the Lingering Dragonquest Ring +1. Only major goal is ... the small matter of asking the Fume Knight if I can borrow the hat in the next room. But that still means getting through Huntsman's Copse, Harvest Valley, Earthen Peak and Iron Keep first.

    submitted by /u/rnj1a
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Dark Souls 2 better than Dark Souls 3?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    Title, not troll.

    submitted by /u/GhostNsniper1
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please help me with Shrine of amana

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    Yes Ik there's summon sign but I don't understand the "formatting" BS and it keeps removing my posts, if you're willing to help I am willing to drop items or whatever you want from my inventory, my SM is 1.2 million

    submitted by /u/Jodo2121
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 - Weapon AR spreadsheet updates for patch 1.11

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    I was looking at Battle Axe on the Weapon AR Calculator spreadsheet and noticed that the base attack value was too low. I did some research and found that the spreadsheet was last updated a few weeks (3/6/2015) before the big rebalancing patch 1.11 (4/1/2015) and that none of the changes that patch introduced have been incorporated.

    Sensing a rare opportunity to actually make myself useful, I started going through Wikidot and Fextralife to check for the correct values to update the spreadsheet. I also discovered in the process that while the AR values in Wikidot have been almost completely updated to reflect that patch, Fextra's were not; Normal is mostly accurate, but the infusion and Raw values are still the old ones. In these cases, since Fextra did match Wikidot's updated Normal value, I felt safe in assuming Wikidot was also correct with the others.

    What I can't do is update the linked spreadsheet itself. I'm hoping someone else here can, or knows someone who can. If not, local personal copies can be saved and updated (as I did).

    Important: This should in no way be considered a gripe. That spreadsheet is a wonderful resource and obviously took a hell of a lot of time and effort to put together. Big thanks are due to all involved.

    Notes: The spreadsheet values are all maxed at +10 or +5 as applicable. Mundane, Poison, and Bleed are not included on the sheet; nor are values for durability, poise damage, counter damage, or blocking damage reduction. Spell tools and shields are also not represented. Finally, some weapons had attribute requirements altered or added, so since these are on the spreadsheet, I'm including those changes here as well.

    Hope people find this useful!

    Updated values--format is Normal/Enchanted, Infused with element, Raw

    Thief Dagger: 158, 110, 181

    Hand Axe: 270, 189, 310

    Battle Axe: 280, 196, 322

    Bandit Axe: 310, 217, 356

    Lion Greataxe: 310, 217?, 356 (Wikidot is missing infusion values, but Normal and Raw are identical to the Bandit Axe, so I'm assuming infusion is too unless confirmed otherwise)

    Giant Stone Axe: 414, 289, 476

    Gyrm Greataxe: 410, 287, 471

    Gyrm Great Hammer: 450, 315, 517

    Great Scythe: 280, 196, 322

    Bone Scythe: 325, 227, 373

    Black Knight Halberd (Fire buff only): 145, 208 fire infusion/130 other infusion, 166; also add 9 FTH requirement

    Bell Keeper Bow (decreased): 110, 77, 126; also STR 8 --> 4, DEX 19 --> 11

    Black Knight Ultra Greatsword (Fire buff only): 138, 198 fire infusion/124 other infusion, 158; also add 13 FTH requirement

    Attributes changed/added

    Black Knight Greatsword: INT 12 --> 8

    Old Knight Greatsword: STR 25 --> 17

    Infantry Axe: STR 13 --> 9, DEX 4 --> 1 (DEX change not in patch notes, but shown on both wikis and confirmed in my game)

    Black Knight Greataxe: INT 10 --> 8

    Aldia Hammer: DEX 12 --> 16

    Gargoyle Bident: STR 15 --> 22, DEX 25 --> 15; also STR scaling 78 --> 97.5 per Wikidot & confirmed in my game

    Questions

    Great Machete, Full Moon Sickle, Crescent Sickle, Scythe of Nahr Alma, and Bloodied Whip all were increased per the patch notes, but neither wiki shows any changes for any of them. Values for maxed versions welcome.

    Mirrah Greatsword AR was decreased and the "skill level" increased per the patch notes, but both wikis are unchanged, and the Mirrah GS in my game matches them and the sheet. However, the Old Mirrah Greatsword, which has identical values on the spreadsheet, has been lowered on both wikis, as well as the Dex raised to 33 on Wikidot. Maybe the patch notes gave the wrong sword? I don't have an Old Mirrah GS in my game to verify, but hopefully someone who does have it will confirm this.

    Reinforced Club needs a look as well: Wikidot says 260 Normal, while Fextra says 280, and the spreadsheet says 260. Infused and Raw are 182 and 299 respectively across the board. I don't have this to check, so if anyone has maxed and infused or Rawed this, can you check the new numbers, please?

    submitted by /u/Calidore266
    [link] [comments]

    Can I summon Benhart for the same boss fight 3x in one cycle to get achievement?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    Would I be able to just go to Memory of Jeigh a few times with bonfire aesthetics in order to get his sword?

    submitted by /u/srondina
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment