• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The From games are so perfect because all of the games are the best game

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    In my personal opinion, all 5 games (DS1, 2,3,BB and Sekiro because I haven't played DeS yet) are all the best game in the series at different times. Obviously I have my favourite and least favourite in the series, but whenever I'm playing one of the games, I will be sat there thinking about how it's obviously the best game ever made, but then the next day I can play a different From game and think the same thing about that one. It annoys me when I see hate for the games (especially DS2) because they all have specific areas that they excel in compared to the other games.

    submitted by /u/JamesR_42
    [link] [comments]

    Siegmeyer I made for Inktober.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    I make surrealism art, and am a big fan of FromSoft games in general, this piece was inspired by the Dark Souls bonfire, thought id share. Here's to hoping I can make a piece inspired by Elden Ring.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Artorias, Hunter of the Abyss (Fanart lol)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/oe5Fl01

    Im so glad to have drawn my boi from ds1 again after not drawing him for like 2yrs...feels refreshing lol I hope yall like it :)

    submitted by /u/TheSoundofNo
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy DS1 or DSR? (PC)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Is it worth trying to get an original copy/key for ds1, or should I go with the "remaster"? I've looked and dsfix visuals look better imo.

    I don't want to spend $100+ for a key (wtf?!), but I also don't want to reconfigure my entire os for just this game if I buy a dvd.

    I've completed ds3 multiple times and moved to Cinders so I have some experience with modding. I wouldn't mind messing with dsfix.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/CanaryO07
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] From a lore perspective, which ending do you prefer?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    I myself prefer the dark ending. It's inevitable, so why not let the light die and let darkness arise. Any effort to prolong the age of fire is in vein eventually and it's not like there is much left in the world to relive the glory days of Gwyn and the other Lords.

    Anor Londo is forsaken, Gwynevere is literally a lie and the true state of the city of the Gods is actually much closer to the dark already. It's the natural order of the world and I made sure to enforce its transformation into darkness as I slew the lords and left the fire to fade.

    Please argue from a role playing perspective, why you choose which ending. Should the age of fire continue?

    submitted by /u/philwasalreadytaken
    [link] [comments]

    Just a simple question

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    So I'm looking to pick up the remastered version on PS4, and as this would be the first game I played in the series, is there anything to know before I buy the game?

    submitted by /u/YANKEESARELIFE
    [link] [comments]

    "Did i finally find my own sun?" Solaire's downfall, fanart

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/C2RSXEE This started as one point eye level perspective exersice, but got carried away with it. I thought you guys might enjoy.

    submitted by /u/Adept_Concert_298
    [link] [comments]

    So it looks like I've been hacked. How do you prevent it apart from playing offline?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    I posted the other day about the giant blacksmith disappearing (dead). I had some strange, invasion type messages since being in anor londo.

    Now I've defeated O+S the Princess started talking but just disappeared and anor londo went black. I believe this happens when you attack her but i didn't even see her to attack?!

    So yeah I don't want this happening in NG+ or when I start Ds3 does anyone know the best way to stop it.

    submitted by /u/CabinFever005
    [link] [comments]

    Scold my roomate, please.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    I bought DS1 Remaster for my roomate for his birthday, because I wanted to share the love I've developed for the game with him, since we're basically brothers. However, shortly after he started playing the game, he sent me an update (since I told him I could help with some hints for direction) and he said, word for word, "Really I'm just trying rampaging across the map killing everything I see. Trying to farm enough to buy a shitton of transient curses. And so far it's the grind that's been the hardest part lol"

    [next text]

    "I even killed that praise the sun guy, and was very unimpressed with the measly 1000 souls it gave me"

    To which I replied, "Ok I am no longer proud of you. I am actually ashamed of you"

    I said that in anger and so later I explained to the best of my ability why that was not a good idea, but he doesn't care or understand, because he thinks I'm over-hyping it. If you, the Dark Souls community, could help me out by explaining everything wrong with this I would greatly appreciate it. If he sees just how many people agree with me, he might reconsider finishing the game, and perhaps starting a new run; he entertained the idea a little bit when he saw that I wasn't joking about my disappointment. He does enjoy the gameplay, but he's going to miss out on the lore and the NPC interactions that I know he would appreciate about it, as a lot of it falls in-line with his interests. Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/Lopsided-Intention-3
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone help me?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    I did a huge mistake in Dark Souls 1. In my excitement I forged the wrong weapon. Because i want to get the Platin Trophy but for this I need one weapon so if someone would be so nice to give me one of the sif weapons (Finstertöter) (Great sword of Artorias/Cursed). I would be very pleased if someone could help me. I could offer you what you want because after platin I don't rly care about this character. My Soul level is 127.

    submitted by /u/Damage_5556
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for tips on starting a dex build.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Hello fellow chosen undead, i'm in the need of your assistance. This is currently my 4th playthrough and I've decided that I want to start a full on PVP based, dex build. I currently have a uchi +5 and a pyromancy flame +3. I've killed Gargoyles and Gaping Dragon so far. Is there any spells/armor sets I should look out for?

    submitted by /u/DioBrando_1868
    [link] [comments]

    Controller connection issues for DS3

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    Hey guys, not sure if this is an issue for anyone or if anyone may know but my controller works fine when launching the game. Once making it to the menu the game doesn't pick up or process my controller as working. Does anyone know why it might not be registering the device. I've considered uninstalling and reinstalling but I just don't know if the files are saved locally and if I'd lose my progress.

    submitted by /u/Chill-Howdy
    [link] [comments]

    Adrea

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    How can you get adrea back Alive man? What's this cheat thing I'm hearing about? I'm so far in the game and have Devine ember but can't do fuck all with it now!! Fucking raging. Cheers if you could help tho man

    submitted by /u/John1cwjimi
    [link] [comments]

    Normal, divine, raw. What are the differences

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    I finished Sotfs. And now I'm playing dark souls remastered. What is the difference between:

    weapons you upgrade with titanite shards up to +5

    Divine weapons that you upgrade with green titanite after getting normal weapon to +5

    And raw weapons

    Also what and how can I use the blue and red titanite.

    submitted by /u/Jarryd1995
    [link] [comments]

    I Defeated Manus On My First Try | Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    About FromSoft's target audience

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    I need to contextualize a bit before asking your opinion.

    Since last year I work as a supervisor in a junior high school (this is a very fulfilling job btw) and I often end up chatting with the kids about various stuff, including video games.

    Something struck me the other day as we were talking about RPGs and they had many classic references such as old Final Fantasy games or Squaresoft titles (Vagrant Story or Parasite Eve, for instance). They also talked about many other series like Tales of, Nier...

    Although I was gladly surprised, none of the kids I was having a conversation with mentionned SoulsBorne games. So I did. And none of them knew about the series. It struck me because I was exactly their age when I discovered the first Dark Souls (and loved everything about it).

    So here's the question that came right after I left work : What is FromSoft's actual target audience ?

    I get that in comparison to, let's say Tales games, SoulsBorne games have a much darker setting and they're not as easy to get in because of the tougher challenge and the more cryptic scenario. But still, how come I fell in love with this series when I was their age but they never heard about it ? I thought the series had become more mainstream by now than in 2011.

    I'm curious about yout thoughts on the subject. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/GroKamion
    [link] [comments]

    So what part of DS did you spend most time with?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    A lot of time on Knight Artorias here, but this one's not far after. ;)

    image

    submitted by /u/metalgodwin
    [link] [comments]

    Have to admit, on higher NG cycles, I find seath's tail cut to be more annoying than kalameet

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    You basically have only one opening with Seath, and that's when he breaks his crystal. If you don't pull it off right then and there, it feels impossible to get back to his tail and get a hit in. And it's not easy. At NG7 it takes 4 great combustions (so the timing is tight). Maybe you could try to hypermode/glass cannon his tail in one hit but I haven't tried that. Kalameet can be annoying/tedious if he doesn't do the right attacks (tail slam & sit up fire breath) but at least if you mess up you'll still have other chances

    submitted by /u/jasonryu
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo makes me PISS.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Okay. Im pretty sure I've made it clear that i suck at this game, especially since I've already made three other posts about it. Anor Londo is not helping me with my suckage at this game either. The motherfucking flesh gargoyle things past the first two massive knights are annoying as fuck to beat. I cant heal, their attacks go through the side of the stairs (somehow?) and I can't skip past them because they will follow me and gangbang me at the next section of dual flesh gargoyle things. I currently have a Raw Zweihandler + 5, which is pretty good, but it's really slow. Can I, once again, have some help with this area? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/AidsCraigz
    [link] [comments]

    Havel Disappeared

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    I was fighting (read: dying many times) with Havel, and on one of my runs back I returned to an empty room. I quit and reloaded 3 times to no avail. I saw a couple others have this issue but the responses suggested an invader killed him, however I'm playing offline. I haven't even come close to murdering him yet (some suggestions were that he died when the player died and they didn't pick up the ring).

    Am I just SOL? Is there a known fix? Is there a known trigger for this I should avoid doing in future play throughs?

    I really wanted that ring 🥺

    submitted by /u/xsuzyqx
    [link] [comments]

    I Just Love Wrecking Bosses Who Are Suppose To Be Tough

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Just started playing the game again after a few months and I will preface all this by saying I am a full-on power leveler so of course I am taking on bosses with stats higher than the developers intended I'm sure. That said I spent enough time grinding humanities from the early enemies to get the Black Knight sword drop and let me tell you that thing is a beast. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my darling halberd from the Dark Root night just a chunk of crappy blue titanite but I think I'm going to enjoy the Black Knight sword for this run because I swear the Bell gargoyles look surprised. Killed the first one in four swings and the second one in three. Hooray for power leveling and rare weapon drops.

    submitted by /u/RatedRPG-YT
    [link] [comments]

    Trade

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    I did a huge mistake in Dark Souls 1.

    I want to get the Platin Trophy but for this I need one weapon so if someone would be so nice to give me one of the sif weapons (Finstertöter) (Great sword of Artorias/Cursed). I would be very Happy if someone could help me

    submitted by /u/Damage_5556
    [link] [comments]

    Idiots of Lordran

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    More or less for my own amusement I made a video of silly and funny clips from my various playthroughs. If you're interested, here it is: https://youtu.be/74VUwUxgzpc It's about 4 mins long, in case you want to know...

    submitted by /u/superplint
    [link] [comments]

    What's the general opinion on the voice performances in Souls games?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    Bit of a weird thread I know, I always it was absolutely stellar personally but earlier today I saw a discussion where the OP said this:

    There is little dialogue, and when such dialogue comes up, it is cryptic and boring, delivered by lousy voice actors.

    The thread got a decent amount of comments and nobody seemed take issue with that line, which really struck me as odd. I could be wrong (not a native speaker) but I always thought it was really good. Sekiro's English dub wasn't that great I'll admit, but what's the issue with the rest of the games?

    submitted by /u/PastSolid
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment