• Breaking News

    Monday, October 12, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 PC COMPETITIVE PVP DISCORD SERVER

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Hello men, for anyone that it is interested in DS2 competitive PVP tournaments, events, sets, fights and discussing about PVP, Any build, weapon and general PVP advice and info from the best DS2 PVP players can join this discord.https://discord.gg/fewnhVQ we would like to have more activity in the scene so anyone who wants to pick the game back up or is new and wants to get into PVP is welcome.

    submitted by /u/Astoracongomafioso
    [link] [comments]

    First impressions of NG+

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    I started playing NG+ a few days ago, somewhat intimidated about what I could expect. I am happy to report that I am finding it much easier than NG, all the more considering how much I suffered in the early stages of the game the first time around when I didn't know the mechanics (was my first Souls games). Going through stretches of levels without getting killed recalling how I had been killed dozens of times the first time around really feels great. I have been mostly playing with the Raime set, Curved Dragon Greatsword +5, and the Crown of the Old Iron King for magic regeneration. Plus a Longbow +10 for TEH SNIPEZ. The CDGS is amazing and can one-shot most enemies when two-handed, it also has massive poise damage which means pesky phantoms can stagger quite easily. Landing the first two-handed hit with full stamina pretty much gives you four free shots and few enemies can survive that. Having a +10 bow also means you can hit hard even with wooden arrows so I always keep hundreds of them in stock. This, perhaps, has made the single most important improvement in difficulty for me since I actually didn't know during the first run that you could snipe until the Shrine of Amanna! (laugh all you want)

    However, the one part that I still found absolutely brutal was Sinner's Rise. Those Undead Aberrations are horrible! I tried baiting them on the elevator which works but is very time consuming (they always fall into the hole if you manage to get the elevator to rise with then on it. Later I realized that poison arrows are really effective on them. Still not as bad as the first time around when the Flexile Sentry mauled me so many times (strangely enough I beat it on the first attempt at No-Man's Wharf), because the water made movement so tricky.

    I have also beaten almost all the bosses on the first attempt. Exceptions:

    - Flexile Sentry: the two manikins on NG+ caught me unawares but with the surprise factor gone, beat it on the second attempt

    - Lost Sinner: I succumbed to a last second jump attack after which Lucatiel landed the death blow. So we basically killed each other simultaneously. Second time got killed by a pyromancer but finally beat her on the third attempt. I should add that the Red Eye Ring strategy failed me as the Sinner and the pyromancers kept targetting me despite my summoned companions. I want to get the Lucatiel achievement which is why I'm resorting to summons (might attempt all bosses solo in NG+2)

    - Old Iron King: I had stupidly recalled that you didn't fight this boss locked on but I was wrong. I actually died like 4 times before I realized that I got this mixed up. Locked on during the 5th attempt and he was toast. A bit embarrassing since he's actually quite easy (and I didn't die to the much harder Smelter Demon)

    - Royal Rat Authority: well, technically I got killed by the rats which I had failed to remember how quickly they ganked you. Second time through I beat it.

    - Royal Rat Vanguard: Possibly the hardest so far, the little bastards hit much harder in NG+ and I resorted to full Havel just to be able to take the damage better. Died like 4-5 times as well before winning.

    Of the bosses that remain, my main concern are the Throne Defender/Watcher. I also struggled with Velstadt the first time through. I might skip the DLCs in this run since I literally just played them before starting again and I have all the items, will wait for NG+2.

    submitted by /u/Zenobite
    [link] [comments]

    There's something special about the Soulsborne games!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/NqIQYC3

    I always love the community around coop in these games, it's such a unique way to interact with other people around the world! I loved dropping the Very Good carving every time I spawned in, it's an experience unlike most other RPG's so I'm pretty thankful to everyone and From Soft.

    Time to 100% Bloodborne now...

    submitted by /u/sergcamp
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to make this jump

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Is it possible to jump from near the sanctum walk bonfire to the temple looking thingy I have been trying for a while now because a message said to use wings. I'm talking about the Sunken King DLC SOTFS

    submitted by /u/blazedphase
    [link] [comments]

    Noob attempting Benhart of Jugo’s questline

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    I know that he must survive 3 boss fights with you, not including the throne of want. However I cannot remember if he died during the boss fight with Looking Glass Knight, as I had done that almost 6 months ago before taking a break from the game. If he had died, would summoning him 3 times for the Giant Lord fight using bonfire ascetics work? Or if he dies one time is the entire questline beat? This is my first playthrough so apologies in advance if this is common knowledge. I just really want to get that achievement. Trying to get 100% completion, as I have previously in DS1, DS3, and Bloodborne.

    submitted by /u/DaddyJuulPod
    [link] [comments]

    When i will be able to get Boss weapons ?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Because of the animation "Happy Souls" i know i can get them with the human crow, turns out i found him, he is behind a door but it is locked, do you guys know when i will get the key, i have been saving Bosses souls since the start of the game.

    submitted by /u/DreingonMagala
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Weapon not working at all?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    So dark weapon isn't doing anything. It does the animation, but there is no perceivable change in damage output and more importantly, no cool purple glow.

    I meet the INT and FTH requirements, and I'm using a dark sunset staff to put it on a dark silverblack spear.

    Glitch? Bug? Missing something?

    submitted by /u/AirforkOne
    [link] [comments]

    Hexer Fashions

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Hey, friends. What are your favorite Hexer fashions? I'm looking to change things up, but less in a functional way(casting speed) and more in a "I just crawled out of a dank-ass pit" kind of way.

    submitted by /u/mew_empire
    [link] [comments]

    Old Iron King DLC PS3

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Any advice for the old iron king dlc at first bonfire just beat old iron king, have a sorcery/pyro build seem to be struggling with it

    submitted by /u/jtravvis
    [link] [comments]

    Am I doing something wrong?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    So I recently started dark souls 3, my first ever souls like. I loved it and made it a point to do everything solo on my first run. Managed to pull out off, including all optional and dlc bosses. Still hungry after this I bought ds2. And I'm having a really hard time. I can cope with the graphics and with it being a bit older and more clunky. But somehow I seem to die so much more than in DS3. Am now at the old dragonslayer and had to do the area so often, it now has only one enemy left. That stupid spear guy who kills me every time. Did a few attempts at the old dragonslayer and I think I'll get him, but the whole game just seems solo hard. I try to run a similar build like I did in DS3, which is ugs str based without shield and relying on rolling. Have leveled ags to like 17. What am I doing wrong? I'm really bad at parrying, but is it required here?

    Edit: if it matters: I'm trying to stay just below 70% weight ratio. Is this too high?

    submitted by /u/Deston12345
    [link] [comments]

    How do people deal with lag?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    I've been doing some duels on the classic iron keep bridge to collect dragonscales (I'm still pretty mediocre at dueling) so I can finally achieve my lifelong goal of having every item for some reason, but the lag has been pretty rough sometimes. A few opponents in particular would hit me when they were almost halfway across the bridge. I've also had loads of attacks that make the satisfying thwack of connecting, but then don't actually deal any damage to the host.

    I realize this is a fairly common problem with the pvp, but I'm not sure how to combat it, short of just assuming every attack is within range. Any tips?

    (also if anyone has a SM 5-7mil character in PC SOTFS to help me do some transfers that'd be amazing, I'll give you basically anything you want ok byeeeee)

    submitted by /u/Himetic
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Alonne

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Recently beat him, man he was a fun fight. Only bad part was the dreadful run back to him. Is claiming he's the best boss in the series or one of the best bosses an unpopular opinion?

    submitted by /u/XXTXXIC
    [link] [comments]

    Best piercing sword?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    I'm planning to play ng+ with a piercing sword and I want to choose between black scorpion stinger or the ice rapier What one should I use Stats 40 dex 40 str

    submitted by /u/a_k_z7
    [link] [comments]

    Help when elena in dlc

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Soul memory is 1287324 lv 113 ps4

    submitted by /u/hdhdjsjjx
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4][ANYWHERE][OFFERING HELP] IVE GOT 10 CHARCTERS WITH ALL DIFFERENT SM FROM 45K-144MILL

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Can anyone help me farm bell keeper for the hidden weapon spell?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I want to do an all achievements and for that I need all sorceries that hidden weapon is one of them, I know thing I can farm the invader but it will be way faster if someone will help me

    submitted by /u/PR280
    [link] [comments]

    My greatest challenge: Minecraft Steve!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    After playing this game for God knows how long, I'm plannin' on streaming a meme run on twitch. It's mainly gonna be for my own enjoyment, cause even after playing the game for years, I still suck. No speedrun tactics, no online play, just me, Max Level Steve, and the worst weapon in the entire game; a +10 Pickaxe.

    My goal will be lore-based. My new cube-faced undead will have the goal to kill all major bosses with nothing but his trusty pickaxe. EXCEPT for two: Vendrick and Nashandra. He knows that there's only one weapon that can stand a chance against the fallen rulers of the land, and that is his evermore trusty enchanted DIAMOND SWORD! (Moonlight Greatsword)

    So of course, Steve's first mission is to get his sword, then the final will be to best the king and queen and take the thrown for himself.

    This is less about plugging and more about telling my fellow kin about my hilariously stupid idea for a handicapped run on DS2. Prob gonna be blasting the MC soundtrack the whole time I stream.

    My twitch is the same as my reddit name if any of y'all are interested!

    submitted by /u/st_anger_ink
    [link] [comments]

    Just Died to Vendrick

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    I was about 10 swings away from killing him! He did the double overhead slam, I got hit by the first one and dodged the second one, but the guard hit me somehow. You could even see the delay in the hit register, right after I dodged there was about 1/2 second where I wasn't hit and then I suddenly just died. I have 3 giant souls and all I did was strafe to his left and dodge. I was fighting him with my +8 lightning battle axe for about 11 MINUTES. If only I had the rest of the giant souls :/ (since i already used them prior)

    submitted by /u/c0ntinuum404
    [link] [comments]

    Interested in getting DS2:SOTFS for the ps4, i have some questions and a request:

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    First of all, I used to play the shit load of DS1 and (mostly)DS2 on the Xbox 360, loved the pvp on that game and had so much fun in the arena, and in the fight pits over at that lava castle (haven't played in so long I've forgotten what it's called lol) I used to be the type of guy who would look up boss tutorials, I realise the mistake of my actions, I wanted to get SOTFS and start fresh, completely, not look at a single walkthrough or guide or anything, and just experience the game and (for the first time) the DLC after so long. So i have a few questions: Is the community on PS4 dead? Will I have a hard time finding invasions or getting invaded? Finding white phantoms to co op with? Since it's one of the things I love the most.

    Have the fight pits changed location or something? Or actually, a better question, which places are the most PVP oriented and are there still "fight pits"?

    Finally, would you say that DS2 is a good game to buy right now, on the PS4, for a person who has never played Bloodborne or DS3, yet somehow found DS2 SOTFS cheaper than both of those games?

    And finally the request is that, since I've played dark souls 2 before, I don't want to build the same character I had because I fear it will get boring so I ask of you, if you have a build/idea you want to suggest be sure to comment to give me some ideas on a (sort of) blind run. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/XanderGeist
    [link] [comments]

    Unused Gestures From the Network Test Version of the Game

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/ucRHkevHMbo

    All of the retail game gestures are also present in the network test.

    submitted by /u/gumbenzoin
    [link] [comments]

    Help me, im lost !

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    So i just defeated that giant pile of corpes, the boss on The Gutter, and some guy told me i need to kill 4 bosses to progress in the game and i've only killed the double headed spider and the giant piece of meat until now, the last boss i defeated was the two headed horse(Sorry for not giving accurate names my game is translated to my language so i dont know the name of the bosses in english)

    submitted by /u/DreingonMagala
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player Questions

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    Decided to finally play and finish this game seriously after owning it for a while but never giving it a decent go.

    I started the game again last night and chose to be a knight as the starting character with the idea of building him to use magic as well as a sword and shield

    However before I get carried away wasting souls on what I think is good, I have a few questions.

    1. Because I'm only fresh I have focused on VIG, END, VIT mainly. Have left adaptability alone. Was this smart or should I abandon the idea and focus on other stats?

    2. What are the best stats to build up to use magic and am I better off using the staff and sorcery or the charm and miracles?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/steelisntstrong
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment