• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Where is this “wheel”

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    I have looked everywhere and can not find it for the life of me. I went to talk to an NPC that looks like a pine cone, and before I did I read a message that said "wheel required ahead". Can someone tell me where this wheel is? Am I missing something? Where is the wheel?

    submitted by /u/Nuclear_N8
    [link] [comments]

    TIL Things Betwixt is really what it sounds like.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    It's a bushy damp area with a slit that we crawl out of so we can face the world. Not to mention the first people we meet are a bunch of old ladies who tell us who we are.

    Jokes aside the first area of the game is a metaphor for childbirth.

    submitted by /u/LuciferAdeo
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone having trouble vs Vendrick

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Been playing through the game as a SL 32 sorcerer, which has made some fights that are normally easy quite challenging, which forces me to really analyze the fight and figure out the best route to beating it. Vendrick (with 4 giant souls) has usually not been too hard, but with this character it's been easily the hardest fight I've succeeded at (took me probably 50 tries or so), so I thought I'd relay some of the lessons I learned in the process for anyone struggling.

    The most important thing is to know your safe zone. Your safe zone, like so many bosses, is Vendrick's butt. Specifically, since he tends to stand with his left foot forward, you should stand on his left side, behind him but between his feet. This will prevent his swipes from catching you at the beginning of the swipe. His sword's resting position should always be to your right, or it will hit you when he does a swipe.

    He doesn't particularly love this, so he'll be constantly turning to try to face you, usually by turning left - luckily he's very slow. Despite this, don't try to hit him while he's moving - wait until he makes an attack, then retaliate. Can you attack more frequently and defend yourself from his counterattacks by rolling? Yes, but it's a really long fight, and a single missed roll can easily kill you (especially at low level). So I recommend playing it as safe as possible. As long as you stay in the safe zone, you're basically invincible.

    There are basically two obstacles to this plan:

    1) His jump back maneuver.

    2) Walls.

    To counter his jump back maneuver, it's important that you don't overextend an attack, or you could be caught swinging at air while he takes the opportunity to pulverize you, or at least forces you into a "make the roll or die" situation. When he jumps, follow after his left leg and get back into position asap. Sometimes you may need to roll to avoid a quick swipe, but if you're quick to move in the right direction, you usually won't need to. It's all about minimizing risk.

    Walls are also very annoying - when he gets close to a wall, it can really screw with the camera if you're trying to stay behind him, or you might actually get stuck (this was more common for me if we were near his body - avoid his body). While it's risky, I think the best solution here if he gets too close to a wall is to get away from him, and reengage when there's an opening. If he makes a jump attack to close the distance, it's usually very easy to dodge, as is his projectile attack. It's harder if he just moves in slow with swipes - in the case you may need to roll. DO NOT underestimate his range. His sweeps are really wide.

    Another very important is shields. In DS2, if you have a 100% physical shield, even with crap stability against a very damaging attack, if you're blocking the worst thing that can happen is the shield break animation. Against fast enemies this can be a death sentence, but a lot of Vendrick's attacks are only 1-2 hits. Sometimes he'll have no follow-up, and you'll be totally safe to resume hugging his butt once the animation is done. Sometimes he'll break your block, then hit you really hard. If you've got enough HP you might survive (ring of the embedded is insane on low-level builds...). His swipes do less than his overhead attacks, which is good because they're a lot more likely to catch you. If you play it slow and careful, you can basically never get hit, especially with a shield.

    On my successful kill, I took damage 3 times. I had to land 95 successful attacks (slow ones too, all various flavors of soul arrow), as well as use repair powder and chow down on a wilted dusk herb (holy crap that animation is slow) to bring him down. It can take a really long time, but once you're in the rhythm of it, it's just a matter of patience and focus. Keep trying and you'll get him.

    submitted by /u/Himetic
    [link] [comments]

    What are the most cost-efficient arrows for PvE?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    Just arrows for a standard bow that are cheap but also do some damage.

    submitted by /u/big-egg-man
    [link] [comments]

    I found the void?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    So I was playing, and I was near the bottom of the hole in Majula, on the lowest ledge with an item. When I got on it the entire world became white and my character completely black. It's only on this ledge. It was really weird, I've never seen this happen before. Thought it was pretty cool.

    submitted by /u/Bread_Loaf_
    [link] [comments]

    Adam Plaze.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    If you've never seen Adam Plaze from YMS, than you might like it. He is hysterical, and right now he's doing DS2. https://youtu.be/MpktVZEY5TU

    submitted by /u/Phempteru
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 Without Context

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    Just assassinated the leader of the country. Me and the boys about to gank his widow.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/dggWYuG

    submitted by /u/fredzillanator
    [link] [comments]

    How to REMAP Xbox 360 Controller Buttons on PC Dark Souls 2 + Fix Clunky Movement?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Greetings, accursed ones. Seekest thou the repose of having complete control over thine button mappings on videogames? Or even hast thine fingers' dexterity been put under scrutiny as you thought the movement in this game is too clunky? Hah hah hah. Yes... indeed... for I am too such a one. For hundreds of hours have mine eyes glazed over the infinite Abyss of Google Searches, in hopes of finding help in regards to this matter, just as you are right now. Hah hah hah... Xpadder, Nexus Mods, Durazno, every sign pointed me towards the ever complex tinkering of the game's inner structure. This path, by the Lords, shall I never take again. I have flashbacks of missing textures and black and rosé checkered houses on Whiterun...

    The desert sands kissed my disgraceful face, shaping the expression of death itself, as I read some writings carved in the Primordial Archtree (3rd google search page):

    Sinzhu 📷 3 May, 2014 @ 3:01am

    Unless there is a mod released, I don't think controller actions can be rebound in this game. Even so, since a rebindable keys mod might have to mess with the game's actual data/coding, which could then send up red flags for a VAC ban.

    Mine eyes were closed. Death arriveth erelong. To do the unthinkable — having to press the Right D-Pad instead of the LS Click to change the right hand weapon would rip away, at the very minimum, 35.6% of my already despicable performance in this game.

    Me body trembled, as I started to hallucinate a fearsome fire, large enough to consume the world. This is God, I thought. Quoth the scorched god:

    Firstly, for button remapping, go to the Steam application and click on the fullscreen icon (Big Picture Mode) just beside your name, at the top left of the screen. Select library, select Dark Souls II and then > Manage Game > Controller Configuration. From here, you can make the necessary edits and then press "done". They will work in-game.

    Secondly, for fixing clunky movement select Dark Souls II and then > Manage Game > Controller Configuration > Press X (or Square) to Browse Configs > Community. Here you can see the top voted controller configurations that fix common problems without having to mess around with the game files or risk a softban. You can also callibrate your controller through Steam, but I'm too much of a hothead for that.

    As I woke up from this long hallucination, I spawned at Majula and clicked the left stick. My catalyst was sheathed, and my dagger popped up. Hah hah hah... I'm now human again, and pity you, cursed ones... maybe this helps ye free thyselves from thine irons, but who knows. I'm no seer! Hah hah hah hah...

    submitted by /u/costabueno1
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone clarify how the Pilgrims of Dark works exactly?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Trying to get to Darklurker.

    I went to the Drangleic Castle abyss and lit the sconce, but didn't kill all the enemies and homeward bone'd out.

    I went back and killed all the enemies but forgot to light the sconce, jumped through the hole and the wheelchair guy gave me a Resonant Soul

    I cleared the Shaded Woods abyss and lit the sconce and he didn't say anything special.

    Do I need to light the sconce and kill all the enemies in each abyss dungeon?

    Also, do the mobs despawn once I've died enough? Took me quite a few tries to clear the one with Havel.

    submitted by /u/pakicetus_inachus
    [link] [comments]

    I did it ,I beaten the Fume Knight Bonfire Intensity 7 with Velstadt helm,no armor/shield(except for Velstadt helm),CoC.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Honestly this fight is a joke compared to Laurence the first vicar,Sister Friede,Orphan of Kos and Great Shinobi Owl without Kuro's Charm.

    But it's still a very difficult fight and very intense,just not as much as I thought I'd be(Which still took me 11 tries).

    I found the best weapon to use is a Raw +5 Helix Halberd with Red Tearstone Ring.Also maxed out endurance with 50 adaptability.

    That's all I have for today,cheers.

    submitted by /u/MammothMaize
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for max Havel set.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    Turning my soul memory 6787720 char. Into a tank. Looking for a maxed out havels helm, armor, gauntlets, leggings, and shield to do so

    submitted by /u/Doom_Wolf_05
    [link] [comments]

    Burnt Ivory King anyone? PS4 SM 2.5 million

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    This would be way easier if I wasn't on a Hex/Dex build im still tinkering with. Anyone care to help?

    submitted by /u/courage_wolf_sez
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 performance is impressive.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    I have 6 year old office laptop which struggled with ds 3. I ran it 1024x768 with 25 - 30 fps! Now that I beat ds and moved on to ds 2 sotfs, I'm really impressed. It runs 60 fps 1080p on max settings!

    Ds2 sotfs was published a year ago prior to ds3. I wish they made ds 3 as optimized as this one...smh

    submitted by /u/stoneheart1996
    [link] [comments]

    That subreddit is kinda dead so crossposting here so I might actually get some responses. Player covenants themselves are also kinda dead, but I'm bored in quarantine so please humor me

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    So which enemies are resistant/weak to Magic/Fire/Lighting/Dark damage?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Weapons for quality build?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    What are some good weapons for quality build? Also, how much should I spend for vit?

    submitted by /u/pewdiyeetpie
    [link] [comments]

    Need help chossing a back-up weapon

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    So Im using Bewitched Alonne Sword but I need a back up due to its fragility. I was thinking about another katana but Im not sure. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Acer-that-one-DS-guy
    [link] [comments]

    Never ever

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:47 PM PDT

    Has a game annoyed me this much and I can't call for help because no one's got like 2.16m soul memory anyway how's it going in your lives

    submitted by /u/Distinct-Skill-7078
    [link] [comments]

    Old Iron King dlc is not even punitive, just unfair.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    The day before yesterday I published here a post about Raime, firstly to ask for help, then simply to celebrate my success. I was euphoric, because despite the difficulty, Raime is a boss you can learn from. Also, the bonfire is close to the arena, so the game is literally telling you "try how many times you need".

    After beating him, I went to the Blue Smelter. My self esteem was at its peak, I entered the arena that I was like "hellooo maddaf". I died (very soon, just for information). But it was okay. It is the game, you have to die one, two, ten times before learning the moveset of the boss. But then, I realized how hard is to go back to the boss. Three long corridors packed with enemies that hit through your roll even though you've 106 of agility; lizards bombarding you, astrologers slowing you. Damn. The path requires so much nerve and you don't even have the time to take a breath before entering the fog. I always reach Smelter that I'm exhausted.

    So I decided to keep it for later and went to Sir Alonne, and it is even worse. How am I supposed to even learn the moveset of the boss if I'm just lucky enough simply reaching alive the fog??? Also, I would mention that Smelter is absurd. I don't even have time to breath, and you ask me to pay attention to his roar because he would hit when the roar reaches the highest volume? I need you, guys. Please give me some advices to reach easily the bossfights. And maybe even to minimize hits by smelter. I was thinking about the ring that protects your back. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Sir-Teen13
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox one players, stop ignoring my summon sign, I just want to help.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    I understand wanting to go at it solo, but to the guys who walk past my sign and summon an NPC instead, just know I'm gonna be soooooo much more helpful, I just want to fight the boss again with a build tailored to destroy it without burning an aesthetic.

    submitted by /u/Lord_Seregil
    [link] [comments]

    Poop walk?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    I'm fighting fume knight and mastered all of his attacks about 17 tries in, and each try got me much closer to beating him. Around the 18th try, my controllers joystick started messing up my movements. I would dodge backwards and it would make me dodge forward or diagonal. I would strafe backwards to bait attacks and get some hits in, but then It would make me slow walk and make my player's legs stutter. This is the BIGGEST one. I have wasted 10 tries because of how many times this has gotten me killed. I even tried walking backwards for a second, and my character walked FORWARDS for a second instead. I cleaned my joystick but it still is happening.

    submitted by /u/c0ntinuum404
    [link] [comments]

    What enchantments should I put on my weapons?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    My three weapons that I use are the fire long sword, great scythe and ultra greatsword. I wanted to enchant my great scythe and ultra greatsword with something. What's the best enchantment for both of them?

    submitted by /u/Rosinante-Corazon
    [link] [comments]

    Crossbow build

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I'm currently using +7 raw dual heavy crossbows (heavy arrows) and the damage is very lackluster against bosses. I was planning to get dual avelyns eventually, but i keep having to resort to my +0 drangelic sword (20 dex rn) for damage. Is dual avelyn or any crossbow at all good for bosses?

    submitted by /u/Pincha2002
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment