• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 21, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I’m in Shock Right Now Guys...

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    So I was playing like 40 minutes ago about to get summons for Ornstein and Smough cause I SUCK and of course I get invaded. By who you ask? Why, no other than Dark Spirit Solaire! So I heavily sighed and thought, "Let's get this over with". He comes to the room with Solaire in it (insert Spider-Man pointing meme) and stares at me. I threw a chaos fireball to see what he was all about and he dodged. Then he lag-stabbed me almost wrecking my shiz with that one hit. He let me heal and then we just started circling each other while doing random joycon movements. To be nice, since he wasn't trying to kill me dead, I gave him a sunlight medal to which he cautiously went up to and picked up. THEN THE MAD LAD CONTINUES TO DROP 2 SOULS OF QUELAAG, A CORE OF AN IRON GOLEM, ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH'S SOULS, 2 SOULS OF SIF, AND FREAKIN GWYN'S SOUL!?!?!? I was so shocked that some random would invade me and then turned out to be such a kind person. Since I was "broke", I gave him the rest of my sunlight medals. To Dark Spirit Solaire, you're alright man. Cheers, Fenriss. :)

    Edit: I am so happy I was able to share this story with you all! Between going through this experience and then reading all of your comments (every single one!), I am filled with joy. This proves how great a community it truly is :) p.s thank you for those who awarded this! Very kind of you to do so!

    submitted by /u/Hawyeedoin
    [link] [comments]

    I think Dark Soul's reputation as "hardest game ever" does more harm than good.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    The first time I played Dark Souls I went into it thinking it was the hardest game of all time because that's pretty much all I heard about it. I made it to Taurus Demon before giving up because I assumed the game would just keep getting exponentially harder and I would never be able to beat it.

    In reality Dark Souls isn't nearly as hard as people say. Sure, it's a hard game but it's nowhere near as hard as a lot of NES games I've played. I know a lot of people who won't give Dark Souls a chance or have given up early like I initially did. These are people who are actually pretty good at video games in general but they've fallen for the "DARK SOULS IS HARDEST GAME LOL," meme and refuse to try it thinking that it's Touhou levels of difficult or something. Hell, I know people who have played and beat Bloodborne, which I consider one of the hardest Souls games, but refuse to go back to Dark Souls because of its reputation as the hardest game ever made. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/bigdickmcspick
    [link] [comments]

    Why you shouldn't parry Gwyn

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    If you're cheesing Gwyn by parrying ur going against Miyazaki's wishes:

    "Miyazaki: Although as far as the game is concerned I think we could have done a little more with the character. He's the last boss and the concept of the character was to have the player use all the skills they'd developed through the game. I wanted them to have to use everything they've learned in order to beat him. The reason that he uses such a simple single sword fighting style stems from this concept, but in the end we ended up taking a different direction.

    Waragai: Parry, parry, parry. Haha

    Satake: Yup parry, parry. Haha

    Miyazaki: That's the truth… I regret that the fight turned out this way… "

    submitted by /u/ManusTheVantablack
    [link] [comments]

    Is Pinwheel a joke or did I get lucky?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    I just ran around his spooky boi illusions and whacked him with my claymore (1st playthrough)

    submitted by /u/moonstrong
    [link] [comments]

    The learning curve on this game.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    So there I was, on my first playthrough. I got beaten by just about every single enemy, not to mention bosses.

    Regular hollows? Sucked my lifebar off at the Undead Parish and Burg. Pinwheel? Managed to kill me the few times I could get to his arena without getting run over by those damn Bonewheels. Moonlight Butterfly? I think it took me about 20 tries to beat that rainbowish pest. Even when I got back to the Asylum, and thought Stray Demon was going to be proof of my growth as a Chosen Undead, Jabba the Fuck AoE'd me out of existence a bunch of times.

    When I got to O&S, I almost quit. Even with Solaire's help, I kept dying to the Super-Saiyan phase of the remaining boss - whenever I managed to kill one of them.

    After an embarrassingly long playthrough, I got Gwyn (who robbed me of about 20 hours of lifetime) and there I was, the worst Souls player, graduated. After a couple NG+s, I even abyss-walked through the DLC and defeated the single boss who made me doubt my sexuality due to his coolness - Artorias - and slashed Manus after yet another significant portion of my life.

    Lo and behold, one dark day my gf decided to clean the TV and console, accidentally dropping my old XBox and thus giving my save file the same fate I received to so many inhabitants of Lordran. The console survived, but my NG+3 didn't.

    To my surprise, when I started a new game, I saw myself arriving at Anor Londo in no time, with just a simple Broadsword and a couple hubris-related deaths. Then, they fell like drops of rain: Nito, Seath, Artorias, Manus, Four Kings and even Kalameet. I parried Gwyn into the grave and found out that, after hours and days walking through Lordran feeling like a noob, I had gotten gud. I have thus left my fear for hard-mode games and the FromSoftware library.

    Thank you, Dark Souls, for teaching me about learning curves and imposter syndrome through the arrows of the Anor Londo archers and the sword of Gwyn.

    PS: Fuck the Tomb of Giants.

    submitted by /u/negri9
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a subreddit for summoning in DS1RE?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    Not sure if I should ask this here, but I was wondering if there was a subreddit for matchmaking and teaming up with other players. I can't seem to find anywhere.

    This came to mind because I might actually need some help with Kalameet and I'm a weird level at the moment.

    submitted by /u/ProfaneGhost
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire is the best person in the world.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    Look at this fucking hero. Solaire is an absolute Chad of chads, first of all he keeps optimism and positivity in a world that is dying and full of monsters, very few people have enough iron will to keep spreading positivity in such dark times. He doesn't even ask about your background or who you are, he just offers to help you right off the bat and doesn't give a damn about what you may have done, along with his reassuring and friendly voice, what a great lad.

    He can throw fucking lightning bolts and also supports lgbt rights and equality for people of color and is a man of feminism and thinks women deserve more respect. Not only is he an admirable fighter and friend, he also gives great therapeutic advice and is the most accepting and understanding friend anybody could ever ask for. He kills monsters and kicks ass LITERALLY ONLY to help other people. What a fucking chad this man is.

    Solaire? Nah. He's Brolaire. Be more like Brolaire and you too can one day be an absolute legend like him.

    submitted by /u/Juno56
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    I just defeated Gwyn. I feel like a million bucks lol. Thanks to everyone for all the great advice and support. You guy's are the best.

    submitted by /u/Bostonmarkb33
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a good whip.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    Do you know how a good whip build can be made? I thought about making an elemental infusion or should I use buffs? Let's all theorises a bit about how to make a good whip build!

    submitted by /u/AwscarOfAwstora
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls game order

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    I just beat Dark Souls Remastered. I don't think I'm finished with it yet, but I'm def thinking of what's next? I plan on playing all of the Soul's Game's. But after seeing some videos, the design of Dark Soul's 3 has me hooked. I'm wondering if its a mistake to go from 1 to 3? Will that spoil the fun? The story? The experience? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Bostonmarkb33
    [link] [comments]

    Who do you think the most annoying NPCs in the series are?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    I recently made a tongue-in-cheek video on my channel listing my top 10 most annoying NPCs in the Souls series but I'd be interested in serious answers from other people as to who they think should make the cut?

    I'll be amazed if Petrus doesn't make everybody's lists...

    Oh and if you want to watch my video you can catch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGt1fVTmQ6M

    submitted by /u/dedWest
    [link] [comments]

    Do you ever get the impression that people are afraid to criticize DS1?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    Obviously, we've all had our laughs at the memes about Tomb of the Giants, Capra Demon or the Bed of Chaos. But as time goes on, I can't shake this feeling that Dark Souls has become this sacred cow that no one wants to challenge. Dark Souls 2? Mad shit. Dark Souls 3? Slightly less mad shit. Bloodborne? Kinda similar actually. Now, don't get me wrong I love this series but even so when you notice something it eats at you.

    Personally I'm just of the opinion that the whole "git gud" phrase murdered genuine discussion about the games faults. Because next thing you know, everything becomes a contest to to state how great you are before you're allowed to exposit on anything.

    "I've platinumed Souls 3 times with a no shield run, but [X] is awful."

    I don't know. Just something I think about.

    submitted by /u/Mzuark
    [link] [comments]

    I killed the undead burg merchant...

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    So I'm in the process of fighting the drake over undead burg and I just got the drake sword, as I went up to the merchant to purchase more arrows to fight the drake I saw an orange soap message that said "try attacking" and for some reason I did... And killed him. Is there somewhere else I can get arrows and if not can I fight the drake without arrows or have I just ruined my game

    submitted by /u/leprechaun_c137
    [link] [comments]

    Hardest of the trilogy

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    So i just Finished all of the three games, in two weeks, what a time... (didnt play the dlc yet though)

    Anyways, i have been thinking about which one is the hardest, in General. I made this order from easiest to hardest, let me know how u experienced each of the games

    Ds1: Was the last one i played. I had more Problems with areas than with bosses, but they were still amazing. My Favorit in here were ornstein an smough an of course gwyn. Most of the bossfights in this game are Fights against Monsters/ demons (huge enemies), which feels incredibly intense BUT what im thinking in General with this is, that the bigger the Boss the easier u csn See his moves clear, at least it was for me this way. But im panicing immediately again just by thinking about blighttown and sens fortress 😔 To sum up i would say: Boss difficulty 7/10 World difficulty 9/10 Fun 9/ 10

    Ds2: Was the second one i played. And had for me the best ds fight in General, the Throne watcher/ defender. Cant argue why exactly but i felt it in a different way. And the Boss Fights in General were crazy, pursure was so damn hard for me, and lost sinner had such a cool Boss arena, and smelter demon was so intense... You can See i really loved the Boss Fights... BUT the areas were... Crazy... (Almost no fun crazy), the Boss run to the smelter demon Was a pain in the ass, at least the enemies dont respawn if you kill them a plenty amount of time hehe But also the area (i forgot the Name) in the Ruins with all that magic shooting dumbasses, it felt like you couldnt made it without an distance weapon, and im Not Sure what to think about that The thing i said about more demon bosses from the first one is here perfectly Balance i think. A lot of smaller, faster, sword fighting Bosses, which u have to learn first, but also the big intense Monster Fights. Boss difficulty:8/ 10 World difficulty 10/10 (dont even want to think about it lol) Fun: 7/10 (but i think this games had the best World, like the vibe is crazy ❤️)

    Ds3: (oh Boi) it was the first one i played, and i know it is just normal that it was the hardest, but i think it would be anyway the hardest and here is why. Lets start with the Boss, i think every Single Bossfight, maybe except my boy rotten and cristal sage, was an absolut amazing Fight. I did Not got to deep into the lore of ds yet, because i wanted to play All the games first so i can read everything without getting spoild. But even without knowing the lore behind the bosses ive been fighting, every Boss felt like He has a huge Personality. In the middle some bossfights i was even thinking (bro, thats terrifying) like the nameless, or lorian. Most of the bosses are sword fighter (which i think is the coolest) but also the hardest, because the crazy pace of the Fights... Like the first time whit pontiff: i didnt touched him once, and die immediately, i really thought (oh, ok, thats were dark souls begins) The movesets had more variety in General. After playing All of three i miss that there werent mich (big demons) Fights, which are feeling after All like a Part of the trilogy. The areas (exepct the toxic wood) were All amazing, never forget the first view on irithyl after the catacombs. But i dont think the areas were that hard, of course they werent easy, but i didnt get once frustrated like in the other two games. There are just TWO THINGS i absolutely hated about the game... First, the fight against the ancient wyvern, because i was like (bfjeknsjsi... A DRAGON????), and secondly the fight against yhorm, because i was like (sisjwusud... A GIANT????) Look i See the challenge by fighting them in the normal why, i tried and failed, but anyways, even if i would got them that way, it wouldnt be the right way to beat them. Expecially with yhorm i though about some crazy ideas about how to fight him (like just damaging his ancles, then he fells on his knees, and the Fights keeps going) (like bringing him on your Level) or whatever, i just think they were so cool bosses but the bossfight (the way from Software planned (you know what i mean)) wasnt so cool. Boss difficulty: 10/10 World difficulty: 6/10 Fun: 10/10

    Thank you for you time reading this, just wanted to share my opinion about the difficulty, let me know how you experienced the games, and rank them like i did ✌🏽

    submitted by /u/quip-kun
    [link] [comments]

    Titanite chunks

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    I need titanite chunks. I have titanite slab. If i feed it to giant grotesque snake, will i get titanite chunks? Am too pussy to try cuz i only got one. Pls help a fellow hollow.

    submitted by /u/umroman
    [link] [comments]

    Did I broke the game for myself by using Black Knight Halberd +5?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    It is my first time playing Dark Souls. I was doing kinda ok, doing thinks the way I wanted but sometimes went on the wiki or this subreddit to check for interesting stuff and some tips. By doing that I discovered that there is a very powerfull weapon - The Black Knight Halberd. I thought that I will get it for myself because it scales good with strength and I had this stat very high. So I got this halberd but I did not had enough stats to use it in one hand (I use shields), so i decided to leave it for later, when I will have high level.

    Later in the game I got to Anor Londo, I explored a while and finally I got enough stats to lift thie halberd. And then I discovered that this weapon is pretty strong, so I did this: I was exping a lot on this giant armor guard, and using the souls gathered from them to buy twinkling titanite from the Giant Smith to max out the halberd to +5. And after some time I did it. And after that I finished Anor Londo, killed the four main bosses, some optional bosses also, and now I am in the starting area of the DLC, and I need to say - this weapon is overpowered.

    With this weapons most of the bosses in and after Anor Londo I killed on the first try. Smough and Ornstein (btw I killed Ornstein with 5 hits wielding with one hand), Ceaseless Discharge, Centipede Demon, Demon Firesage, Four Kings, Great Grey Wolf Sif, Nito, Sanctuary Guardian - all of them I killed in the first try. The only time when I got killed by a boss when I was using the halberd was with the fight with Seath, Bed of Chaos and Gwyndolin. Before I was using the halberd I had some real problems with most of the bosses. Priscilla for example killed me 5 times before I killed her. Before the halberd bosses felt like a real danger and now it is ridiculous how some of the bosses don't felt like a fear or challenge for me.

    So here is my question - because I am playing this game for the very first time and wanted to feel the real expirience of Dark Souls, did I broke my game by using this halberd? Did I broke my game by using a indisputably a OP weapon? I would change it for something weaker, but other weapons on this stage of the game would be like fighting with a toothpick and it just would not be fair for myself. I could just farm for souls and resources to upgrade the weaker weapon, but this would take a lot of time. I really wanted to experience the true nature of this game, and by using this broken weapon I feel like I broke this experience for myself. I was even considering to start a new game. What do you think about it? Did I broke the experience for myself, or not? I really need some advice for this one.

    Thank you in advance.

    PS English is my second language so I apologize for any errors.

    submitted by /u/the_gep_gun
    [link] [comments]

    Nito lv 82,please this dude is the last guy I gotta kill before Gwyn

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Dark Souls shirt

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/imZ6pqo

    I just thought I'd share a custom Dark Souls shirt I made for myself. I can't take credit for the artwork. I just put together some png graphics I found online and thought they turned out pretty cool.

    submitted by /u/KUboxer
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I go after meeting gwynevere?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    I've already visited the painted world and gwynevere and now im unsure where to go. Does it not really matter at this point or is there a certain place I have to go to first? I think I have to go find seath the scaleless but like I said I'm not to sure.

    submitted by /u/faq4help
    [link] [comments]

    My buddy recently got dark souls remastered and he wants to summon me I. His game but the problem is I only have dark souls( the first one not the remastered one) is is that possible

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Edit I know know how to use reddit

    submitted by /u/juttws
    [link] [comments]

    Which is better the Claymore or Black Night Sword?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    I was using the claymore as my main weapon and I upgraded it to +4 but when I went back to firelink I decided to try kill the black night and then I got the black night sword and it does double the damage of the claymore but then I noticed that it can be only upgraded to +5 and I don't know what to do?

    submitted by /u/Adham_Meabed
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Inspired Track WIP

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    Sketched this out last night because couldnt sleep. Do you guys think I should keep working on it?

    Within the Flame

    submitted by /u/materiakeeperx
    [link] [comments]

    Y'all got any weapons that are a bit gimmicky/less practical/less effective compared to others that you like nonetheless?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    For me the Lucerne is one. Its moveset isn't super practical and its harder to get but I quite enjoy it. It's a nice change of pace from the chaos blade or great club

    submitted by /u/BurgerBob17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment