• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 18, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    1 Controller, 2 Hands: Chapter 1

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    A friend and I are quite good at the Dark Souls and we decided since we didn't have anything better to do we would beat DS1 while having 2 hands on the controller. We determined our strengths and weakness and decided I would get the right half; Camera, roll, attack, item, and sprint. While he would have the left; block, parry, D-Pad and move.

    So far we have beaten up to the Gargoyles. Our friendship has not yet deteriorated too much and we plan to play through the night until he beat Old Papa Gwynn.

    I will keep you guys posted and we're at 4 hours with the BKS.

    submitted by /u/7468783aA
    [link] [comments]

    Got promoted at my job this week, got a little gift to celebrate

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/fr3KCyX

    Honeetly not sure what makes me more happy

    submitted by /u/Lesan007
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat The Abyss Walker!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    I feel like a king. I fought him a dozen times yesterday, and just couldn't even get close. So tonight i went in and just blocked the whole fight. Nothing else. I held down block and watched every attack. The timing, the recovery after his moves, the very few pauses. Ny the time i died, i had his timing memorized. The next fight i gave it everything i had. I lost, but i did well. Very well. The next fight, i destroyed him. Felt amazing.

    submitted by /u/Bostonmarkb33
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls healed me

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    I'm sure this isn't the first time someone experienced this, but Dark Souls helped me cope with a bad depressive episode over the last 2 months. I lost my job due to it and had major issues with accepting defeat and the feeling of weakness and unworthiness.

    Along came Dark Souls Remastered, which I have tried a few times before but never really got it. Now with time at hand I experienced what I can only describe as a cathartic experience about failure and persistence.

    I just wanted to let you know (and it's not about karma whoring), because some of you got me through a rough boss or two (maybe tree lol) and I wanted to say thanks to y'all! I am now half way through DS3 and a feel so much better in every way.

    Stay awesome my dearest Dark Souls community.

    "It does not hurt terribly... I'll be fine... I have you."

    submitted by /u/philwasalreadytaken
    [link] [comments]

    Need to vent about O&S

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    I am no newbie when it comes to souls games, but O&S just made me rage quit and Alt f4 the game.

    I am doing a SL1 run and so far it has been pretty good, but after like 15 tries VS those two idiots I've had enough >:(

    ... Still love the game obviously but goddammnit

    submitted by /u/Verlstadt
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experience this with Ceaseless Discharge?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    So, I get this guy super low, and continue with my strategy. Two-hand gravelord sword, wait until he hits, roll at the last second, hit twice, do 600 damage. I do this until the last time I need to, but for some reason when I roll away and his hand clearly is no where near me, I take damage, and it one shots me. (Keep in mind I have high vitality and these attacks don't one shot me normally, this is out of the ordinary.) Is this a glitch?

    submitted by /u/The_Hylian_Noob
    [link] [comments]

    After so many playthroughs of DS, this is the first time I've EVER noticed this chest?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Just casually messing around on NG+ for achievements on DS:R, and I happened to glance over and see this.

    I haven't opened it or even attempted to figure out how to get to it yet, but I'm dumbfounded that I'm STILL finding new things. Now I'm sitting here wondering what else I've missed lmao.

    Love this game

    submitted by /u/NikoChekhov
    [link] [comments]

    What if I told you I tried to make Artorias the Abysswalker in Heroforge?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    I almost beat Ornstein & Smough for the first time at lv 1 but...

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    Bored? Need a new challenge run? Okay, here’s one:

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    You MUST kill the bosses in the game in this order. Everything else goes:

    Asylum Demon, Moonlight Butterfly, Pinwheel, Sif, Four Kings, Stray Demon, Quelaag, Gargoyels, Iron Golem, Priscilla, Ornstein and Smough, Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias, Manus, Kalameet, Nito, Seath, Ceaseless, Firesage, Centipede, Bed of Chaos, Taurus Demon, Gaping Dragon, Dark Sun Gwyndolin, (Any other boss/bosses I'm forgetting), Capra Demon, Gwyn,

    submitted by /u/hungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    I finished Dark Souls and now I feel hollow.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    I lit the last flame after killing Gwyn and while burning I realised that this is a world that will eventually go into darkness once again unless someone else replenishes it.

    This game is so vague and amazing. I can't stop thinking about it. The lore is something I can relate to in real life. The dark will eventually prevail.. but we have to keep trying. I don't know if I'll ever experience any form of media like this again. One of the best games I've ever played.

    I don't know if I want to play it again or just keep the memories as it is.

    All praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/akhilkanwar
    [link] [comments]

    Just Finished Playing for the First Time

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    I just finished playing my first DS "session" and it was really fun. I didn't go into it blind, so I roughly knew where to go. I just got back to Firelink after taking the elevator down from the Parish. I think I died 6 or 7 times to the Taurus Demon, taking down bosses is definitely harder than it looks. I'm really enjoying the challenge of the game so far, and I love how interconnected all the locations are

    submitted by /u/TheZerb03
    [link] [comments]

    Dark bead and lag stabber rant

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    Sorry if anybody here hates rants I just need to let this out if you delete the post I understand

    Bruh lagging back stabbers, and dark bead spammer's are my mortal enemies right now.

    [First is the dark bead dude]

    In undead parish there is a red orb invader who I'm pretty sure is a twink build, dude could barely walk with the giant's armor and also he had the dusk cown? I'm pretty sure it's called the dusk crown on to enhance the power of those dark beads he keeps using, I'm trying to invade people with my cracked red orbs but dude keeps poppin' up before I can use my orb, I don't want to move cause the people there are my level.

    I honestly just can't take it, why one shot people? I don't think I'll never get wanting to one shot a player, and then shrugging and pointing down, I'm just pissed off.

    [Next is the lagging back stabber who is also in undead parish]

    Now, the gravelord servant I will admit I touched the summon sign knowing who it's going to be, but I still wanted to try to beat them alone, someone beat them before with my assistance right as I died(they also have a bow and black knight sword and are naked).

    The fact they teleporting behind me and shoving there sword in my catacombs is infuriating, and it just really is just something that I don't have words for sometimes.

    Overall I would hate to move area's because of the red orb invader but I guess I have to, I did help a guy who summoned me and Solaire beat the gargoyle's in like 40 second's max at least.

    So yeah, rant over I understand if you want to delete this post, just had to let some frustration out.

    submitted by /u/soundbrs
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get out of catacombs?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    I ventured into the catacpmbs before I got the lord vessel, however I took the shortcut to get to the blacksmith. I have just rested at the bonfire next to the blacksmith (I'm playing Dark Souls Remastered). This wouldn't be a problem, however I am unable to flip the final brodge from the other side. How do I get out?

    submitted by /u/lowzycat
    [link] [comments]

    2 Hands, 1 Controller: Chapter 2

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    BROOOOOO WEEEEE DIIIIDDD ITTTT!

    So we started where we left off at the Gargoyles and made out way to Qualog feeling very confident that she would be a cakewalk... she was not. She took advantage of all our weaknesses but when we finally beat her, I felt even more confident in our ability. We upgraded our BLS and strode towards Sens Fortress. And yes dude in the comments of the other post, it was HELL. Anyway we made it up and killed Golem dude. This is when I became worried about O&S, and I was very correct. They spanked us into oblivion. It was so insanely difficult for me to roll, (with the input lag of the switch) attack, and work the already difficult camera with ONE GODDAMN FINGER! After maybe 6 attempts we killed Ornstein and, hands shaking, slowly widdled Smoughs health down. It felt sooo good. Smoughs new canon name is Bacon Baby. We decided to call it a night but we'll be at it again tomorrow.

    What a waste of a day.

    submitted by /u/7468783aA
    [link] [comments]

    So I came from Dark Souls 3 and I tried out Dark Souls (Not Remastered)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    Is the Camera Contols Really weird? It doesn't feel very smooth, are there fixes too?

    submitted by /u/HUSN3RO
    [link] [comments]

    Tomb of the giants

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Anyone else here cleared tomb of the giants by just maxing out the screen brightness because they didn't know torches existed in game?

    submitted by /u/brofish7
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of chaos vs 4 kings

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who died more to the 4 kings than the bed of chaos? I just have a feeling that I am cause I've heard many times that the bed of chaos is an awful fight not because it's hard, but because it's just a platformer. The 4 kings I actually found really difficult, maybe because it was the first lord boss I fought and my damage output was low, or maybe because I was using the dark knight halberd and not my fury sword. To compare my difficulty with this boss, I compared it to manus of my 2nd play through. Fighting manus died twice without help from sif, I was using orinstine armor set with the dark knight halberd and the dark knight shield. Fighting the 4 kings I died about 18 times with the same loadout. I just wanna know if anyone agreed with me

    submitted by /u/bigguy0425
    [link] [comments]

    Good Dex armour for beating Ornstein and Smogh?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    I have beaten the game already using a strength build but am trying a Dex build. What's some good armour to beat O and S for faster characters??

    submitted by /u/PlasmoSquidd
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to get Humanity?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    So I decided to play Dark Souls Remastered and well I wanna farm Humanity, can I get some pointers?

    submitted by /u/AdonisAguilar
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go after Blighttown

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I am right now in my first play through of ds1, and enjoing it so far im just really confused werde i have to go after going through blighttown?

    🙏🏽

    submitted by /u/quip-kun
    [link] [comments]

    After beating the game

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I haven't beat the game yet, but I'm getting close. When i finish, should i move on to Dark Soul's 2? Or a 2nd play through of part 1?

    submitted by /u/Bostonmarkb33
    [link] [comments]

    Every Dark Souls Remastered boss no roll/block/parry

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment