• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 Finally completed DS2:Sotfs!! After almost 100 hours played!

    Dark Souls 2 Finally completed DS2:Sotfs!! After almost 100 hours played!


    Finally completed DS2:Sotfs!! After almost 100 hours played!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Hey everyone just wanted to share my excitement with finally beating this Souls entry!!

    TL;DR: Had DS2 Sotfs sitting in my back log for years and finally got around to beating the main game and its DLCs!

    I was introduced to the Souls game back when Demon's Souls came out on PS3 by my best friend. Ever since then we usually always got into the mood of playing them around Fall/Winter time.

    Played through Dark Souls 1 when that came out, amazing game and really got into the lore of that game (have over 100 hours on it too!).

    When Dark Souls 2 released, played it on release as well!! But it sat in my back log for a very long time. Then Sotfs edition came out which essentially seemed to make the game appear more like its initial trailers.

    Anyways, I got Sotfs and it sat in my back log for a while but I finally decided to spend the past week or so just crunching through the game to finally beat it!

    I played through DS2 as a Sorcerery build, wanted to change it up from an armored knight greatsword/shield that I played through DS1 as. Also I love it whenever games include magical sword abilities (might be ineffective but damn if Soul Greatsword and Dark Greatsword don't look amazing).

    I even managed to play through the Sunken King DLC fully as Sorcerer (very unoptimized I'm talking 50 INT/FTH and only using sorcerer spells cuz I thought it was cool getting to use the dragon chime lol), and even managed to beat Fume Knight as a Sorcerer 2nd try in Old Iron King DLC.

    I will say though that going through OIK is when I started second guessing being a full sorcerer, and when I reached Sir Alonne his dash lunges were took quick for my spell casts of even Great Soul Arrows.

    So I respecced! Put on the Fume Knight gear, put on that Majestic Greatsword (F for respects) and went back into Knight 2 handing Greatsword mode and beat Alonne!

    Then finished up the Ivory King DLC with that build before going back and finishing up the last two bosses from the main game and the ending was really good (I chose the alternate ending). I loved it more than DS1 ending.

    Overall super in love with the franchise and now I wait for DS3 to go on sale so I can start my journey there!!!

    Disclaimer: I didn't do every single boss (Ancient Dragon alive, because I felt sorry. Fucked off from the Gank Squad as the NPC summons suck and the fight itself sucks! Blue Smelter was tough as a magic user, but when I respecced I just wanted to finish the game at that point and didn't go back. Didn't do Horse Fuck Valley area either, my mentality went from COLLECT EVERYTHING to Just Finish This Game!)

    submitted by /u/FlubberPuddy
    [link] [comments]

    World 1st 200% Equip Load Ancient Wyvern?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    Ichigo, Dr.Schwartz misses you...where did you go...

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    We had a moment on the Iron Keep PvP bridge. I was the dragon covenant player that you kept beating, and you gave me Six Holy Water Urns. We then had a fistfight and I tried to retried your arrow, but died. This is a long shot, but if you see this, I would like you to know that I managed to beat two people! :)

    submitted by /u/OkamiLeon
    [link] [comments]

    Which armors displayed in game would you have liked to be usable by the player?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    For me it's Nashandras Queen Dress and Nashandras Boss Dress. Both look really cool and would have been a neat addition to my wardrobe.

    Other cool ones would have been the Mummy Dress from those Bastille Wardens and the armor of the Poison Soldiers in Shulva (not the knights, the regular soldiers that are currently only dropping their hand armor).

    What about you? Which armors displayed in game would you have liked to be usable by the player?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Completely stuck with this game, but I don't want to give up! Suggestions for a very bad player.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Hi! I've bought DS2 stfs a bit more of a year ago. My friends introduced me to the souls game a lot of years ago when demon souls came out and they tried to convince me to play it. I wasn't really sure to buy it because a was really set off by the difficulty of the game so I passed. The years passed and the other souls game came out and I was very interested in the story and ambientation of the game. As time passes I started to watch a lot of youtube lore videos and such, I bought even some books about it and got really hooked with the series. I'm really into it! So all my friends thet played all of the games series started asking my why I wasn't playing any of them. I finally decided and bought DS2 because I really liked the setting of the story and the ambientation. And here starts my problem. I can't play it. I suck, bad like really bad. How much you ask? You know the first zombies that attack you in the forest of the fallen giant? I die to them, a lot, every time. My biggest achievement in the game is getting to the second bonfire in the forest and that's it. I don't improve because I don't understand what to do and where I make mistakes. It seems to me that the game is just set to an insane difficulty and it won't let me go on with anything. I end all of my sessions disappointed and very frustrated for non accomplish nothing and I go to bed. But then I start thinking of the game and I start researching more stuff of the lore and watch walkthroughs and I get really hyped. I just want to play the game. But then I play and it's all over again, frustration and stuck in the same point. Right now im very frustrated, it's been months that I really want to play but everytime I turn on the Xbox I play something else because I don't want to go through that again. Another thing that really demotivates me is watching other players on twitch and how they sometimes struggle in some very hard advanced bosses while I think that for me the ogre thing in things betwixt is as hard as a final boss (I've never beaten that guy yet). Does this situation occured to anyone of you? How can I start to enjoy the game? I would really wat to but I'm out of options now. Should I just give up and uninstall and try to enjoy the souls saga in other ways like through books and videos?

    Thank you for your advice

    submitted by /u/TaDDragonZ
    [link] [comments]

    Finally after a year of taking a break, I’m trying to handle this damn Blue Smelter Demon. The run there, notoriously, sucks but I’m gonna conquer this prick

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Tales of Drangleic is a bad DS2 mod

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    It kills what makes dark souls 2 good - strategic slow combat that punishes your mistakes.

    In only first location you get 5 estus flasks and their use time is almost instant like in DS3. For the first half of the FoTFG I've seen so little changes I wasn't even sure the mod was working, then in the middle of FoTFG there was alternative path through soldier's rest, that's about all the changes to the first area, I will talk about Last Giant in a moment, first I want to point out that durability is not a factor anymore, you don't need to invest in secondary weapon(s) anymore. Rolls also consume much less stamina (judging by mod's description page you can do 10 rolls instead of 4), but I haven't noticed it because in DS2 you don't roll that much if you play right.

    Now to the Last Giant. Oh my fucking god, I swear it just has 500% animation speed and it stomps ground all the time, if you turn on benny hill theme it fits perfectly, basically you have lots of instant estus, rolls and boss spam attacks and you need to roll on the ground all the time, it's as retarded as DS3 basically.

    TLDR: If you don't like DS3 don't even try this mod, it tries to be spam roll instant estus on a game that has slow methodical fighting system.

    submitted by /u/Nexerade
    [link] [comments]

    Are you able to summon help for king Vendrick?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    Is the black knight greataxe good?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    In dark souls 1 and 3 the bkga is an absolute beast both in pve and pvp. It seems to function differently here though.

    submitted by /u/Danger_Noodle495
    [link] [comments]

    Can NG+ rings be dropped for friends in first playthrough to pick up?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    As title states, is it possible? Possibility of being soft-banned?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/NeverGonnaGetBanned
    [link] [comments]

    Mad warrior?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    I want his armor, but he never spawns for me in belfry sol bonfire. I am in the covenant, but he is not there. Am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/Skynir7
    [link] [comments]

    Tales of Drangleic

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    So, I installed the Tales of Drangleic mod and... Maybe I'm an idiot but I don't know how to leave "Things Betwixt".

    There is a statue blocking the way.

    What do I do?

    submitted by /u/guitarguy12341
    [link] [comments]

    Finally defeated Darklurker after spending 20+ effigies (melee)...but it's kinda strange?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    NG. STR/DEX/FTH at 50/40/27. Gears: Velstadt set (helm and chest +5, others +3), Craftsman Hammer +5, lightning infused. When I punished her with my 2-handed hammer several times (maybe around 4-6 times), she got staggered, and screamed "oohhh"...and then she just standing there stunned. At first I thought she was gonna split, but no...just didn't do anything with that "so tired" pose. I took advantage to continuously hit her until she died, not giving any chance for her to split. (Note: surprisingly the stun is even longer than my full stamina recovery from 0). Anybody has got similar experience?

    submitted by /u/eightysevenbats
    [link] [comments]

    Unusual weapon suggestions for Str/Hex(Maybe Sorc) build

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    One of my favorite things about dark souls 2 is how many levels you can level when you're done with the game. My two playthroughs of the game has seen both of characters finish well over 200 when im done. I have a inkling of the type of build I wanna do for this run but I'm kinda torn on what weapons I should shoot for. I'm thinking a Str/Hex or Str/Int build. So im roughly shooting for 40str/20dex for this build. I have my eyes on the Mastodon Halbred, possibly Grand Lance and Red Iron twinblade which seem like big boy weapons to use but don't come into my possession to well over half way through the game. Now my question is with SOTFS edition what are some absolute great Strength weapons to use in ds2 SOTFS? I've used Bandit axe, Greatsword, Large and Great clubs and the Mace on a previous run, would love to steer clear of using the same weapons again. Im open to any ideas or suggestions!!

    submitted by /u/Killingjoke1018
    [link] [comments]

    Help on Fumeknight

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    I'm on Xbox, and boy am I struggling. Is there anyone who can join my game for some jolly cooperation?

    Ask me for info if you want to join

    submitted by /u/UginTheSteamedHam
    [link] [comments]

    What's the most bloodborne looking armor in the game?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    And where to find them

    submitted by /u/RaveLordNito768
    [link] [comments]

    I can help

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    I've completed the base game and would love to help you on your adventure. Soul level 168 with a focus on absorbing damage and dealing it from the range of a long weapon. PS4 Username: OpticRuse

    submitted by /u/slippyslo
    [link] [comments]

    Here to help new comers and high level players

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    I've had many years of souls game experience but also am in need of some miracles in game such as sunlight spear If anyone needs help on bosses or areas I would very much like to help out PS4:Thebozz321

    submitted by /u/thebozz321
    [link] [comments]

    How do I run with menu open?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    I've been getting into trying to speedrun softs and I've been following Distortions route and It's been all good except for one thing. Distortion seems to be running even while having the menu open, I don't know how he does this, does anyone know?

    submitted by /u/Zenn470
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone dupe items on pc ?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    Anything I should know before I head into SotFS?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    I've played DS1, DS3, Bloodborne and all their DLCs. I know it's kinda the black sheep out of the four but I also know that really doesn't mean much ( especially on reddit .) I feel that just means the mechanics are kinda different. What makes it a bit unique compared to the others. I heard armor makes a much bigger difference in this game, is that true?

    submitted by /u/Shaq_Bolton
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment