• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 12, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Let's talk about Solaire

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    I accidentally left my game on when I went to dinner, Brad as I meant solaire in an undead burg, and this man stared directly at the sun for several hours, and according to the NVISION center "Permanent retinal damage can occur when someone looks at the sun for 100 seconds or less." Hate to break it to you but the man, the myth, the legend, Solaire of Astora, it's likely completely blind.

    submitted by /u/cosmic_kenta555
    [link] [comments]

    ill never understand why people like the Ornstien and Smough fight so much

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    I just beat them for the third time which helped me remember how irritating these fellas are. Its just frustrating, if you dont have another person you can even be shoved up against the wall and just get absolutely demolished, but in the second phase it goes from being stupidly hard to ludicrously easy. Ive never gotten the hype, they just feel kinda cheap and janky, and both their final phases are underwhelming

    submitted by /u/Shrimblo
    [link] [comments]

    About to kill Gwyn!

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Just killed nito and I am off to kill Gwyn rn for the first time, it's been fun. Can't wait for the dlc.

    Update: I made a new post https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/ira738/i_just_killed_gwyn/

    submitted by /u/Flariore3
    [link] [comments]

    I've just started playing Dark Souls 1 and I could use some advice

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    So I recently started playing this game and made it to the first bell so far. I've shot of the dragons tail so I have the dragon sword, which is totaly op so thats a big plus for begginer like me. I play with shield in one hand and the sword in the other. Not long time ago I heard that you can't upgrade the dragon sword anyway so I wanted to ask, if there is some other good one handed sword through the game or what other weapons should I look for

    I also wanted to ask if the stats like atunement slots, inteligence and faith are useful for me if I'm playing warior class

    Thank to anyone who responds to help

    submitted by /u/pospipetriv
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the sun, fellow undeads

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Just today I was visiting Castle Thun in Trentino Alto Adige, Non Valley, and the setting was quite dark-soulesque already, but when I saw a beam of light among the clouds, I had to do it.

    Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/throuauei
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to switch builds like in DS3?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    Coming over from dark souls 3 and wondering is there a npc like rosaria to switch my build, kinda regret my choices lol.

    edit: ty for the help.

    submitted by /u/snoopytheasshole
    [link] [comments]

    Abysswalker

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Did some art of our favorite wolf knight

    lonely knight boy

    submitted by /u/Zer01717
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got the platinum trophy for Dark Souls 1.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Feels good, man. Took 30 hours on a new character. Honestly one of my favorite runs I've done because it made me interact with the game in ways I never have before. I appreciate it a lot more now. Knight's Honor is by far the worst achievement in the game, but still doable. Time to move on to Dark Souls 2!

    submitted by /u/JabocShivery
    [link] [comments]

    I just discovered you can get backstabbed by silver knights

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    me getting backstabbed by a silver knight.

    So, do all enemies have backstab animations? I hope this wasn't a well known thing as I just discovered it after +600 hours. I think most enemies will have the animation, there are enemies that obviously can't have them being dogs an example

    submitted by /u/Sleepy-nerd
    [link] [comments]

    i beat pinwheel in four hits

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    loving this greataxe that black knight outside dropped but like the title says, is this normal? or did i start catacombs a bit too late, i just killed seath from the kings. im aware my weapon is high damage but shouldn't he have had a little more health? it was like fighting a mob with boss music

    submitted by /u/lordwrenski
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the Bed of Chaos 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    I beat it in 4 trys. 1 for each orb since it's easier to just start from the beginning, one failed attempt to run to the center and a successful attempt. I hear some people say that bed of chaos is annoying as fuck but I didn't find it that annoying honestly.

    submitted by /u/TheIdiotOnYoutube
    [link] [comments]

    Dukes archives are a whole bunch of bullshit

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    So i dont know what to do in this Dark Souls world. So i decided that after making a +10 Aito and making it electro and making a Chaos Blade and upgrading it to +3 that ut is time to go lord souls hunting. Went to Demon ruins defeated Ceasles Discharge, and EVERY THING after that is whole bunch of seagull shit. Who thought im gonna fight 15 mini capra demons at once and after that 2 mini taurus demon and a worm centipede thing like and foken firebreathing rocks and after that a 3rd recycle of asylum demon. After that i went to rest. Got back up like always cuz im no pussy. After stupid 2 hrs still bo further. Went to Anor Londo to go to Seath the Scaleless bcus ravelord Nito is somewhere in his mothers vagina or back of her arse. So Seath it is. WHERE DOES THE AGONY ENDS. this chaneller is a smart cookie he flees after 2 hits and buffed archers deal like 500 damage. And the hollows are a pin in the ass to parry. And the golem is there for some reason he hasnt dropped anything but i know he is holding something important i kust feel it in my bones. Amd hes probaby connected to the hydra in the Darkroot forrest cuz theres like 10000 of them right next to the hydra. oh and not to mention that i accidentaly hit shiva cuz my touchpad is being a douche bag. And the biggest problem is i donno where to go.

    submitted by /u/XtremeSirnica
    [link] [comments]

    Just killed artorias

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    And he's not that hard when you already completed the game once. Im sad, cause O&S fucked me even harder than on my first playthrough (maybe the reason why is that i was aiming for ornstein soul)

    submitted by /u/JimHawkins16
    [link] [comments]

    How Gwyn's Age of Fire REALLY began

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    And then along came Gwyn (Zeus meme)

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    How do I invade ?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    I have killed Gwyndelyn so I can't go with the dark moon and I killed the guy that was with a ninja from the forest cat covenant so I can't use that either, what can I do ? I want to invade people or have duels

    submitted by /u/edgardo_galdos
    [link] [comments]

    Got invaded by someone who dropped a nice shield and left

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    I was kindling the bonfire right after the artorias boss fight when I was somehow invaded while kindling the bonfire(I'm terrible at pvp and play through most of the game hollow for this reason). I drank all of my Estus to show him I didn't want to fight, and he dropped me what looks like a rare shield! To the kind stranger who dropped me the Cleansing Greatshield, thank you!

    submitted by /u/DesignerProtection2
    [link] [comments]

    Max Strength Dragon Roar is hilarious

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    Wanna guardbreak anyone not using a greatshield? How about that sweet damage boost? There's also the insane range of the stun that combos into an avelyn shot or spear r1. Its all so fun and I wish dragon form had some passive effects like a little poise or defense. One thing I know is possible is to stun someone with the roar then run behind them for a backstab, but I'm having a lot of trouble with it so I must be doing it wrong.

    submitted by /u/Danger_Noodle495
    [link] [comments]

    I just killed Gwyn...

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    So I just killed Gwyn without knowing the game would reset itself, I had not gone to the painted world, the dlc or killed Gwyndolin... It kinda sucks.

    maybe I'll do another playthrough in 1 or 2 years, for now I don't really want to, not because I had a bad experience or that I'm mad, I just wanted to play through the game sience I've been a fan of the franchise for 6 years now. I just wanted to be done with this, I know a lot of people are very passionate about this game and are gonna be dissapointed that I'm giving up on this for a while, but really going through ds1 didn't feel like a new experience nor does it give me the urge to complete it over again on ng+, like ds2. I did have fun though and I will be back.

    And btw Gwyn was a lot of fun, although easy, the atmosphere is just perfect and it's definetly my favorite boss in the franchise.

    Thanks for answering on my posts, this is such a great community and I'm very glad I can be apart of it, thank you all.

    submitted by /u/Flariore3
    [link] [comments]

    When is the best time to place the Lordvessel?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    After all of these years, I've finally decided to hunker down and complete this game. I just got the Lordvessel, but want to make sure I grab anything and do everything I can before placing it.

    So, what should I make sure to wrap up before placing it?

    submitted by /u/Maverickx25
    [link] [comments]

    First time player, just wondering what to do with junk items

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    I just started playing a few days ago and I've been wondering about what to do with all the junk I've been collecting (hollow warrior/soldier drops like armor, swords, shields, etc). I've just been dumping them in my bottomless box for now. Should I be dropping them? I've read a little bit about Frampt and I know he "eats" items for souls later in the game, but does he eat all the useless stuff for souls too? Or does he only eat specific items?

    submitted by /u/HunkMuffinJr
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a mod that allows to create custom battles in Dark Souls

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. I haven't really played Dark Souls that much but I really like watching these videos where custom battles are made with different bosses/mobs.

    Does anyone know how I would go about creating custom battles with bosses etc. like the ones shown in the video?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/GrandTamerLaw
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with that one branch in blighttown?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    The one you have to walk across to get the sealer's set? Walking over it the first time is no problem, but in a little over 300 hours of gameplay I have never been able to successfully make my way back across it from the other side. Your character just gets stuck and slides off it once you get to a certain point.

    It almost feels like the branch is supposed to have a sort of "curb" where one part is slightly higher than the rest, but is still low enough to be walked over. Kinda like how you can walk up stairs in the game even though each step is higher than the next, they're still low enough for your character to naturally walk up, except that's not happening here and idk wtf is going on. There are a few branches in the great hollow that have similar issues; causing you to have to parkour from branch to branch, which is incredibly fucking dangerous.

    Is the branch supposed to be a trap? Like you're just fucked if you walk across it, considering the key to leave (assuming you don't have the master key) is across the branch I don't think that's the case. But I find it hard to believe that a multi-million dollar, critically acclaimed game development company messed up something as simple as an even collision mesh.

    submitted by /u/Airtightspoon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment