• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 12, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just got invaded by the coolest dude

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    I was just chilling play DS2 until late after a long and stressful week at work. I had just gotten to the Iron Keep. I'm not a huge PvP player, that said, I'm not entirely sure about how this stuff works. But I got invaded by some dude wearing yellow butterfly wings and he waved at me.

    As I mentioned, I don't usually play PvP, but when I do I normally get beat up pretty good. So out of fear I started hitting him. He was just defending and dodging, then he gave me two good hits with his poison staff (which almost got me killed) and I backed off to heal. Then I noticed there was some stuff on the ground, and he kept waving at me.

    Oh.

    What a jerk I am. I went to pick his stuff up and man, there were A LOT of +10 items. I'm not a farmer till I get gold covetous serpent ring, and this is my first playthrough ever of DS2, so this was a HUGE upgrade to me. Felt really bad for the butterfly dude though. Later I thought, he wasn't red or blue (seemed a normal color) so maybe I should'nt have hit him right? He was just being awesome and I went and I was accidentally a dick. What a pacience to not beat the shit out of me after me trying to kill him, this guy was really cool.

    After I picked his stuff and bowed in gratitude, he dropped a full set of Knight's Armor +10 (I was using falconer +3). Then he ran and threw himself in the lava.

    I had no idea people would just go and do that for no reason. And every day I keep surprising myself with how much this community is still active. And I'm happy to be a part of it. This game really overlooked by many soulsborne fans, but I'm having a really good time.

    And you sir, mr. poison butterfly wings, have just made my day :D

    submitted by /u/_amorimph
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve never been more upset

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    I just beat veldstadt after hours and then I fell of a ledge with my 70,000 souls and when I went pick them up I completely missed the ledge again. I just sat there contemplating what had just happened for like 5 mins then when I went back to Majula I went to the miracle lady who moved the door and she says after your long journey you must have many souls how great that must feel..... needless to say she's dead.

    submitted by /u/minaboi38
    [link] [comments]

    Arsenal of the Awful: The Battle Axe

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    You know...it kind of makes me sad knowing that DkS2 is the only weapon in the entire Souls franchise where the Battle Axe, and all axes in general, weren't garbage and actually pretty great, only for DkS2 to go into the development hell of development hells (we almost got a GYRM TAVERN to drink with our buddy Gavlan in, dammit!). Another thing to be quite surprised at is how much simping goes on for the Bandit Axe, which much of this little test review was kind of based on comparing to since everyone gushes over that thing.

    The Battle Axe is what i'd like to call: "Better Bandit Axe That No One Uses" because despite having lower base damage, it has Dex scaling which bridges the gap to be almost equal damage, since both also have the same amount of Strength scaling. The Battle Axe also is 1 unit lighter, a bit longer (which is a pretty huge deal when it comes to axes), has much lower wielding requirements (you are literally 2 points in Strength away from being able to powerstance these by the time you have minimum requirement to wield the Bandit Axe), and looks a hell of a lot sleeker. In practice, there's honestly no reason to not use this over the Bandit Axe unless you're going for a Raw build, which even then needs quite a lot more Strength for Bandit Axe usage which defeats the point of Raw infusion.

    So what's good about the Battle Axe when not just compared to the Bandit Axe? Quite a lot, honestly, since axes are just plain good in DkS2 (and oh so horribly butchered afterwards...). It shares the exact same moveset as nearly all other axes, which is a good thing since the 1-handed running R1 is godly, the rolling attacks are quick and great at roll catching, both 1-handed and 2-handed R1s are wide side chops that are quick and easily chained (the 2-handed R1 is the freaking falchion sweep from DkS1 and DkS3, aka Oroboro's key to cheesing everything and everyone), and the R2s are a bit awkward overhead chops that actually get sped up if chained from an R1. The 1-handed R2s can also be chained for a sweet 360 spin slash tracking attack chain that laughs at backstabbers. This combined with great attack values make them pretty damn good, and also the only reason why the Silverblack Sickle is the objectively best reaper because it ditches that garbage reaper moveset bullshit for the sexy axe moveset.

    The one downside to axes however is their terrible reach, which isn't as bad as you might think. Because the running and rolling attacks are so unexpectedly fast, they can combat longer reaching weapons by sudden, fast bursts and also from nonstop roll catching vs panic rollers. The Battle Axe in particular does this a bit better because it has a bit more reach. As crazy as this may sound, the running 1-handed R1 can compete against katana running R1s since the swing comes out almost instantly compared to the katanas' short delay before their hitbox bullshit stab.

    And the Battle Axe is no slouch in the damage department either thanks to decent B strength and D dex scaling on top of a fat 290 base AR at +10. But one problem with the Battle Axe is that all of its good traits apply to nearly every other axe too, so it's kind of unremarkable when axes at their most basic level good in DkS2. It also doesn't help that the Silverblack Sickle exists with huge element damage and shield pierce on its R2 chains to kick shield turtling backstabbers in the nuts, kind of being the "ultimate axe" of sorts that just invalidates most other axes.

    One other kind of shitty quality about the Battle Axe, which applies to all other axes, is that the powerstance moveset is pure fucking garbage so no axe berserker dreams. Though that's hilarious is that wielding the Battle Axe in both hands but not powerstancing isn't half bad because the R1 sweeps from both hands cover you in a protective slash bubble and alternating R1 and L1 has some stunlock chaining though very inconsistent so i'm not if the moments i did it were just my opponents thinking that i'd attack just twice and not dodging away.

    But, the Battle Axe is a surprisingly good weapon nonetheless with roll counters, anti-backstab sweeps, good speed, spammable bullshit hitbox attacks in its running R1, and good damage. Really, it's just a slightly better, easier to get, and cleaner upgrade over the Bandit Axe but unfortunately not much else.

    It is great for getting crystal lizards though with a 1-handed running R1+R2. Damn scurrying titanite loot bags. Perfectly good for PvE in nearly any circumstance too.

    It's just that...there isn't really anything else to say about the Battle Axe at this point. As much as i like long, drawn out memefests of descriptions, tests, tech explanations, and hidden mechanics explanations, none of those really seem to apply to the Battle Axe. It's just a nice, practical tool that no one bothers with because it isn't dropped for free...but neither is the rapier so that's a bit of a logical paradox.

    Or maybe that's because this weapon isn't among the worst of the worst. The absolute garbage among garbage that isn't intentionally so like the ladle or work hook. Yes...something memed into existence. Let's try out Orma's and Reeve's greatshields in honor of Oro and Peeve. And after that there's the horrific garbage known as the Lion Greataxe. Which is worse? I don't know, but i'm about to get my ass turned inside out in the arena from trying them out.

    submitted by /u/Branded_Mango
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the dlc in SoTFS?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    I'm not gonna go there now but just want to know.Is it like an area somewhere you unlock once you beat the game or something?

    submitted by /u/Bradlez
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat DS2 (SOTFS)...sans DLC.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    Confession time! I have been a soulsborne fan for many years—having beaten the other titles in the series—but I was always disappointed by DS2...yada yada yada. Long story short, I was playing through DS3 again, and I was craving something new and different. So I started up DS2 with the active knowledge that it isn't like 1, 3 or BB, but something different. Just like the other games though, once it got its hooks in me I was addicted.

    The game is honestly a lot of fun, but I was caught off guard when I saw the credits roll—I was attempting a spoiler-free run through. Now usually my first play throughs are always a shitshow of poor decisions and lack of understanding, but at first I thought "Wait, there is so much left to explore!" I know I hadn't come close to finding all of the bonfires. After the credits were finished, I was thankfully brought back to Majula.

    There have been some really, really awesome moments in the game—Memory of Jeigh and Dragon Aerie being a few—and I can't wait to explore every nook and cranny of greater Drangleic. On to the DLC!

    submitted by /u/squall472
    [link] [comments]

    What builds can be done with the Bandit starting class?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Boxer Run

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Just started a boxer build. Pants and arm armor only, caetus on both hands. Started on SL1 for immersion. Named him Johnny Pacquia (couldn't fit the whole name). Wish me luck fellas! Any tips would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Tiopatonomy
    [link] [comments]

    Best builds to tackle the DLC

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    Heyo, new here 'n such, could use some insight from the more experienced peeps.

    I did my first proper playthrough of DS2 a few days back and have beaten all of it, DLC included, but I absolutely hated Brume Tower and Shulva, Eleum Loyce was much more tolerable (except for Frozen Outskirts), the bosses themselves were fine, but it was navigating through the areas that proved to be a complete nightmare.

    I mainly used the Mace +10 and the Rapier/Ricard's Rapier +10, Chloranthy +2, Silver Serpent +2, Stone Ring and Life Ring +3, but even then the enemies all still managed to gank up and poise through all my attacks.

    I'm curious (and in case I go through again on another run or NG+), what do you all think is the best build to get through Brume Tower/Shulva?

    submitted by /u/sloidah
    [link] [comments]

    Lud and Zallen on NG+7 Covenant of Champions is the hardest boss in the series

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Prove me wrong, is there anyway to take down Lud before Zallen jumps in? People keep talking about Midir being hard or Fume Knight, guess very few went up on NG and fought these 2 kittens. I've beated Midir without taking hit, i got down Isshin charmless with demon bell by getting hit once (on ng+5), i took down Fume Knight without getting hit, Gael hitless, but these 2 are just insane. The only bosses that come close to them are Demon Prince and Elana on NG+7, still none of them are as hard as these 2. Constant one shot attacks, bad RNG when they jump away, buff at low hp, gank fight, shit run to them, weapon break, ranged attacks, these 2 make Ornstein and Smough look like normal NPC enemies. I took them down once after more than 80 deaths and i won't do it again, it is just too much.

    submitted by /u/PalkyP
    [link] [comments]

    To the dishonorable Dragon Covenant Summoners . (PS4)

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    If you have been summoning me or vice versa then know not to be a rude duelist. Here are some pro tips to not be a douche duelist:

    1. Do not try and kill me as I spawn in. Give space and bow or greet then allow time to buff making sure both are ready to fight. If you don't do this then I will use every dirty, underhanded and cringeworthy method to end you. Then flex the decapitate emote over your dead corpse, multiple times.

    2. This kind of goes along with 1 but do not freaking attack people who are bowing. If you are going to fight like a cringy "c u next Tuesday" I am going to treat you like one.

    3. Do not heal mid duel. Trust me I know, I want those sweet, sweet scales too but this is a duel and healing because you got outplayed is BS. Sack up and accept the circumstances. You can still win by playing smart even if there is a large HP discrepancy.

    4. Don't send salty hate mails. Your anger is my sustenance and keeps me on the bridge even longer just to keep killing you over and over again. Seriously be gracious in both victory and defeat.

    That's pretty much it. We are not talking randomly invading here. Invasions are where anything and everything is permitted but a duel has some class and structure. I already have my 30 scales but I am more than happy to put my sign down and duel with people to keep the pvp alive. However if people are just going to try and be cheap then there is little reason to stick around.

    Just to clarify I am not a pvp God or anything and get my fair share of ass whooping but I have fun as long as the etiquette is obeyed and people aren't outright ass clowns. Also SM is 2mil and SL is 124.

    submitted by /u/TickleMeNasus
    [link] [comments]

    Funny Invasion

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    I recently invaded a host in Eleum Loyce going through the level. He was doing some PvP and I wanted to do some trolling, I go ahead of him to Chameleon somewhere and I find the room with the boxes, wolves, and other dudes right? I transform into a box but the host is going pretty slowly and while moving around I realize that I can actually move the boxes if I run while in box form.

    So I spend a while toppling them over and in front of the doors you need to get out of there... I have a very decent sized pile in front of both so that when the host is jumped by the wolves and other guys that now have no obstacles separating them and tries to run to a door, he has to take a second rolling through boxes. a few minutes and the host finally comes up, he's assaulted by some enemies, uses a bunch of Estus and beats them on very low health. He rolls through the boxes up to the door. I'm one of the boxes next to it though so I bring out my nifty chicken wing greathammer and mercilessly backstab him to death. Sorry man.

    submitted by /u/EXGTACAMLS
    [link] [comments]

    Loyce Souls

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    Is the Eleum Loyce sword worth farming for?

    submitted by /u/sterphthesmurf
    [link] [comments]

    What is your highest soul memory ?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Just out of curiosity. And, are you playing only on that character or making new ones ?

    submitted by /u/SeemsNormalToMe
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Parrying? Is it even worth it?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    So I've been playing all three games the past couple months. When I get tilted at one game, I switch to another. About two or three weeks ago, I beat the first game, leaving me with just 2 (SotFS) and 3 to hop between.

    Problem is, parrying is how I got through Dark Souls 1. I made it through most of the game with a claw in the right hand and a parrying-whip in the left, and only switched to BKS and Glass Crest when my normal-maxed claws were just too short and weak to get through the approaches to the Great Lords or the DLC.

    I also know, from having played about up to the Cathedral of the Deep and the Swamp of Farron, that parrying in DS3 is on DS1 timing, and as such, I need to maintain the DS1 parry timings in the back of my head. I don't want to unlearn DS1 just to learn DS2.

    I think I could beat DS2 without learning how to parry. At the second set of branching paths in this game I've:

    - Only killed the three assholes in the bottom of Shulva and no other bosses.

    - Only killed the Fume Knight and no other COIK bosses.

    - Only killed Aava and the Burnt Ivory King.

    - Just now killed the Guardian Dragon and gotten incredibly lost in the floating islands.

    So I'm getting near the end, I know.

    I just feel bad about not knowing how to parry. For everything before Drangleic Castle, I just sorta did a lot of moonwalking/backrolling and notched-whipping. Everything since, I've just been rolling through attacks to deliver BKH backstabs.

    Also I'm playing with mouse and keyboard so I've had to do a bunch of key remapping to even unlock the ability to do a guard break. Dunno why I can't just mouseclick-attack for that (let alone just have a separate, configurable one-button binding for guard-breaking, so I don't even have to time the presses of W and Q just right) but whatever, grumble grumble grumble...

    submitted by /u/Slayerhero90
    [link] [comments]

    Another annoying route to boss and the boss itself. Help

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    Lud and zallen. I hate those lightening unicorns inbetween. plus the boss is too far. How do I quickly reach there? It's impossible to out run the horses because you can't see in the storm. One tiger boss was not enough and now there are 2. dodging their attack is my biggest weakpoints. I still can't tell when to dodge. Even if I somehow manage it I don't think it's possible to fight both of them because one would be attacking you and another would be running straight towards you. You don't even get the time to heal. Who made this game? What on earth he was thinking on making drinking estus slow. I pray that he will die from dehydration while drinking water. I am wearing the invisible armour so I already have weight below 40 atleast to restore stamina quickly and speed. I am doing 702 damage in one strike. 100 agility something. 40 health, 38 stamina, 40 dex, 70 strength, 35 vitality and adaptibility is around 30 I guess.

    submitted by /u/sanketvaria29
    [link] [comments]

    Which enemy kills you the most?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Not bosses, but just regular enemies. For me, I think it has to be the manikins on Earthen Peak, particularly the ones in the room with the rising platform!

    submitted by /u/Wehuntkings
    [link] [comments]

    Is 3-5million soul memory still active, on PC?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    I'm returning to Scholar tomorrow, and I'm wondering if this soul memory range is still active as I want to do PvP as a mage build. If it isn't active, are there better soul memory ranges not too smaller than 3 million? Also as a hexer, since my build is a Skeletor cosplay [must use Bone Staff as it has a skull], should I infuse the Bone Staff with Dark or not?

    submitted by /u/RealMemesus
    [link] [comments]

    Project Score Showcase : Giant Lord

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    I made a post today showing off the smelter demon's new theme from the mod. For those new to the name Project Score,(or Score for short if you prefer.) is a mod that touches up on the game's soundtrack in areas where it feels lacking. The Giant Lord is another one who reuses a boss's theme. I won't get into why, but our composer created a new theme. Enjoy the showcase!

    Giant Lord Footage

    edit: Added youtube vid for those who don't like google drive.

    Another edit: so for those who are curious, yes the giant lord is going to be retooled to be more threatening. As he is now, most of his attacks are easy to dodge due to way too slow wind ups and being very easy to miss. Luckily, in ds2, messing with attack speeds is a bit more straightforward to a degree >:).

    submitted by /u/123darkelf
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Duke’s Dear Freja

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    I used a bonfire ascetic there and I am gonna need help to beat Freja, SM around 740k but I can get more levels as required. I'm on Xbox. Thankyou!

    EDIT: I used the torch trick and man, this fight was a cake walk. I think I died twice to the leg stomp, and they one shotted me. Asides from that it never damaged me.

    submitted by /u/killerrrrrrrr
    [link] [comments]

    Just platinum’d my first souls game :D

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    After 264 hours I actually managed to 100% ds2 on PS4

    After doing pretty much everything in game, I have to say I really enjoyed it and can't wait to play another souls game.

    It took me so long to do this, and I know for a fact if I knew what agility did, and what fat rolling was, way earlier in the game, it would have been much quicker.

    The DLC was great, I love how detailed and interesting the worlds were. The bosses were cool too and fume knight kicked my ass so hard. I genuinely enjoyed it too.

    For some reason the hardest boss for me was looking glass knight. I know I'm on my own with this opinion. I found the ruin sentinels kinda easy, and I found fume knight hard, but fun. Looking glass knight on the other hand was hard purely because he would keep spawning those NPC's. Yes I know you can fire whip him to prevent this, but it was still really aggravating, and ruined the fight for me.

    Overall it's a great game. I can see why people don't like it, and the hit boxes are god awful, but it's forgivable when you think about how cool the rest of the game is...

    submitted by /u/Apache417
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Tanimura

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    I've already posted this in r/EldenRing, but I might find more answers here.
    The thing is that I'd swear that in the past I read somwhere that the responsible for Dark Souls PvP and built variety (two of the best aspects of the game) was Yui Tanimura; and also that he is co-directing Elden Ring.
    But now I can't find any post or article that claims anything like that.
    So my question is, is that info right,or did I just dreamt it?

    submitted by /u/GoatKiddclxvi
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure what to title

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    So what's something you did or happened to you in game that you aren't proud of?

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment