• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 5, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Least toxic community I'm part of

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    Title says it all, this is the most welcoming and encouraging community I'm part of on reddit. We'll done guys. Dark souls is great but we make it accessible to a whole new group of people who otherwise maybe wouldn't carry on playing the best game ever made.

    Hi 5, you deserve it.

    Edit : holy bejezu I wasn't expecting that, 150 comments and 700 upvotes, I mean if that dosnt visually bolster my original point I don't know what will.

    And I'm not talking about in game, I'm talking about this subreddit

    Peace out sunbros

    submitted by /u/BestusEstus
    [link] [comments]

    I made it out alive! Praise the Sun!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    I finally beat Dark Souls for the first time. I can honestly say, without a doubt that it is my favorite game. Absolutely stunning to look at, play and so gratifying! I'm so psyched and cant wait to play two and three. Thank you for hearing my rant, I dont have anyone to really tell!

    submitted by /u/Incripplingdebt
    [link] [comments]

    The Dark Souls emotional rollercoaster

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    .........Rage........Stay calm........Rage.........Stay calm.......Rage.......Stay calm.......

    submitted by /u/andymac9876
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls achieved something only one other soulsborne game was able to do!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    It made me start my 3rd consecutive playthrough!

    My first playthrough is the blind one, where I spend 40% of the time dying to bosses, 50% of the time being lost and walking around, and 10% leveling up the wrong stats (leveled resistance to 30).

    The second time I go online and look at all the bosses I've missed, which weapons I like, how mechanics like upgrades work and finish the game that way.

    The third playthrough I focus on story and lore, discovering and listening to npcs, doing all quests, reading item descriptions and paying attention to what is happening around me.

    The only game I ever played 3 consecutive times after picking it up was Bloodborne, which so far was my favourite one. Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, I completed 2 times. Dark Souls 2, I played a single time and moved on, with it being the only game I have never returned to later.

    Dark Souls joins Bloodborne as my all time favourite games, and I'm so glad I finally decided to give it a go! Even right now I'm excited to continue playing.

    submitted by /u/Not_Adam__
    [link] [comments]

    DS Remastered Completed!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    I just finished the whole game including the dlc. This was my first playthrough of the game, and told my friends to keep the backseating to a minimum and wow. The game is so well done, just how all areas interconnect. I came from ds3 and hearing that there was no warp for the first half of the game really turned me off for a while but wow you don't even need it. Coming from the boss mechanics of ds3, I felt some of the bosses in the game were not to bad, but once I got to the dlc it was a whole other story. I struggled hard with manus the most. But I can't believe this good of a game was right next to me this whole time and all I had to do was give it a chance.

    Thanks FromSoft you were truly ahead of your time.

    submitted by /u/f40plz
    [link] [comments]

    This is honestly the only game where I start laughing when some gank happens or I get backstabbed

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    DS2

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    So I just beat DS remastered and it thought it was amazing. Started playing 2 and it's okay so far feels slightly clunkier to me. Is it worth it to play? Or just skip it and go to 3? I've heard a lot of people say they can't handle it so I'm curious some opinions.

    submitted by /u/erklekush
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the Lord Vessel

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Never made it past O&S, I know the next places I can go, I just have decision paralysis. Choose for me

    submitted by /u/Fabulous_Tension_532
    [link] [comments]

    Should these games be avoided by someone who is highly depressed?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    I played about half of Bloodborne a few years back and couldn't stomach it. I was attracted to the highly detailed environments and gameplay, but the oppressive and nihilistic atmosphere just did something to me that I don't really know how to describe. I'm very depressed and have been for some time.

    I know it sounds pathetic - like a young child who doesn't want to open their eyes at a scary part in a movie. But I am attracted to the gameplay style, just from what I've seen. I wouldn't want to miss out on it, but will Dark Souls make me feel just as awful?

    submitted by /u/standingonarock
    [link] [comments]

    I attempted the no-shield run

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    I beat the game yesterday, and I realised something. It was a much more sophisticated play. Every victorious battle felt like an execution of pure skill. I also realised how the shield held me back as player so much. The aggression of fighting without a shield is just on a whole new level, which basically the point I guess. If you're going to use a shield, you're gonna fight a steady battle of block and attacks. Without the shield however was a strategic gamble of being fast and hitting first, or strike after anticipating a hit that you could dodge. For some reason, Gwyn was harder than Artorius for me, smough and ornstein were easier than the bell gargoyles(which is absolutely absurd) and the rest(except the dlc bosses, took me easily 50+ tries to get em) were easy as hell, took me max just two tries for all of em. Also, to up my challenge, my warrior class didn't change any gear, Just upgraded my longsword through the game.

    submitted by /u/xylax247
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls made me a better person

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    I know this gets posted here a lot, but I feel compelled to share. To date, Dark Souls is the most powerful and intimate gaming experience of my life. Navigating the landscape creates lonely and empowering feelings which support a measured, stoic approach, and the concept of this approach changed my personal outlook in profound ways- how will I react inside a treacherous arena with grave stakes? How will I craft a real, honest loving voice within myself, something with true resonance and something I can rely upon to push me closer to my goal?

    So many intangible aspects of this game echo across my day-to-day. There is nobody to blame but me, which is good and bad. Every misstep I make will be punished, one way or another, and my only real tools for progress, the only weapons I have in this fight are endurance and adjustment. I am either in motion or at rest. If I choose to rest for too long, I risk my own sanity. The pressure to exist and to produce doesn't come from outside me, it is an instinct, and the reward for success with this instinct is a gateway to a cumulatively difficult and wondrous path.

    The most brutal lesson, though, and the one I can't shake, because I see it everywhere, all around me, is this: you can always just stop.

    submitted by /u/vascularmassacre
    [link] [comments]

    Class armors and the bodies you find them on

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Theory about how they died

    Warrior: died fighting the gaping dragon

    Knight: tried saving the princess but got eaten by the hydra

    Thief: Didn't pay his due to the guild, so they murdered him and left his body in his house.

    Sorcerer: was seen as a witch and burned alive and had his body placed in a barrel as a warning, got forgotten about as the place was used as storage

    Pyromancer: Got eaten by slugs in the swamp

    Wanderer: succumbed to his wounds exploring blighttown

    Bandit: made a brave last stand on the bridge near new londo gates against the drakes to give his friends time to escape. However one made it to the top of the tower to try and open the doors but died to his wounds, while the others fled up the canyon only to meet a grim end to a undead dragon.

    Cleric: He fell to his death trying to get to pinwheel to stop the undead scourge. Leeroy was sent to find out what happened to him, and to finish the job.

    Hunter: he fell while running from the black knight he stumbled across, his legs broken, he died of starvation.

    Depraved: was insane, he was heading to ash lake and parishes due to starvation getting into the great hollow.

    Edit: updated deprived, thanks for that being pointed out, forgot hunter

    submitted by /u/Nopefeelins
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve never thrown my switch before

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    Ornstein dead, had been blessed by the RNG so far, it was time to finish smough once and for all, I had maybe two hits with my zwei left and then he does a double lighting ass slam and there goes the switch across the Room, it's still there...why did I buy this game on a throwable system.

    submitted by /u/bweenm
    [link] [comments]

    Is Arena laggy as well?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    I think the proper term is D-Sync. However, Invasions and being invaded 9/10 I've seen insane levels of of this. Is the Arena any better or has anyone noticed a difference.

    I'm complaining at this point, but if its as awful as invasions are, I think I'll just cut my losses and quit the game. Call me a B****, but if Im going to slog through dying so much and being 1-3 hit by nearly every mob. I was at least looking forward to a good PVP experience. So someone just give it to me straight and let me know if you have experience in the PVP scene with D sync of how often it is.

    submitted by /u/double_hashtags
    [link] [comments]

    After many restarts, I have finally beat my first Dark Souls game for the first time ever! I feel so proud!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    The game was amazing! The atmosphere of the game is so depressing, and that feeling even got to me! I like the despair of all the NPCs. Solaire always got my back and helped me beat O&S! I'm upset that I didn't saved him in time and he became hollow! I refused to kill him cuz he finally found his sun (kinda) and I just homwearded out of there. After many dumb deaths and countless souls and humanity lost to them, the game was fun, the bosses were awesome, the boss themes were awesome too! I died to Gwyn the most, but after so much dumb luck by parrying him I managed to beat him! I started loving this game so fucking much! I think I can praise the sun now!

    submitted by /u/dzokataa
    [link] [comments]

    Which game should I start with?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    I have always been intrigued by Dark Souls and Bloodborne because of the dark and mysterious world, lore, atmosphere and music. But I've never had the guts to try any of them because of the difficulty memes.

    Now I want to try one, but which one should I start with?

    submitted by /u/The_Woodsie_Lord
    [link] [comments]

    The mage(If you call it a mage) in the undead burg

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    I was in the undead parish fighting against a few hollows but after a while someone on the above started shooting from above.And when I got closer to him he literally started spawning like there is no tomorrow.Any tips or tricks?

    submitted by /u/ImmaOut69
    [link] [comments]

    Im kinda bored does anyone wanna co op any of the darksouls games?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    just wanna play and co op scene my friend who i was co oping with is addicted to gmod im bored

    submitted by /u/jwalewIS
    [link] [comments]

    Halfway through the game for the second time

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Playing as Guts from Berserk (a cosplay build). Leveling up. So far I have soul farmed enough to reach 50 Vit, 40 End, 40 str & 36 Dex. I have the impression that these are the only real stats that count. Or am I wrong? Soon I will be able to take on the second half of the game with my OP Guts build, and Gwyn should be a pushover!

    Why do so many people complain about the second half? There are two great areas involved :The Duke's Archives & New Londo Ruins. I am thoroughly looking forward to completing the game a second time and 'ushering in the dark'.

    submitted by /u/Draco_Ecliptic
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone has heard “dark souls cured my depression”, but get ready to hear how it made mine worse

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    My parents had just split up and I had just moved to a foreign country where I didn't speak the language. I had no friends and I couldn't communicate at all. My brother had just moved out, same thing with my mom. This made me super depressed and recked my self confidence, even though I didn't do anything wrong. Basically all I had left that I knew I was good at was video games. "If you can beat it, you're a real good gamer!" "Git gud" all of this made me know that it was about skill, so I got Dark souls. Made it pst the tutorial in about half an hour and made my way up the burg. Then, I got stuck. I hit a wall. The Taurus demon. He just kept making my Bandit character into pancakes. It was horrible. And so, convinced that I was bad at everything, I quit. Of course, months and months later when my situation became my new "normal", I came back. And chain-plunging attacked his big ol stupid goat head. I got gud. I've now played all the souls games (except for demons souls, for which I am extremely hyped. No spoilers plz) and soulsborne is my favorite series of games by far. Long may the sun shine!

    submitted by /u/Turtleboi1209
    [link] [comments]

    Kalameet

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    I'm in shock. We could say I died 2 times in total to this boss. First one, because I guess it was required to trigger the actual boss fight. Second one, I entered the fog gate and went there without knowing a single thing about him, so I stayed away, to see his attacks, but he spammed the fire attacks and killed me fast. "Third" time trying I was very scared, like, shitless. I didn't want to spoil the fight so I didn't know anything about it apart from it being one of the hardest bosses, If not the hardest, but wow, I actually killed him with 10 estus left, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and now I guess it's over, time to go face Gwyn and get it over with.

    submitted by /u/sernirusol
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experiencing server issues?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    I ether loose connection and get kicked mid fight, OR constant "failed to connect to host server" or "lost host server error"

    How the hell you supposed to get sunbro-ism if shit keeps dropping! And im on a stable 30mgs connection, via ethernet

    submitted by /u/Nopefeelins
    [link] [comments]

    Whoever created the Bonewheels is a monster

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    What sick sadistic motherless bastard designed these things and then put them in a bunch of narrow tunnels?!?!

    Currently playing DSR after having not touched the franchise in years and it's like I'm having flashbacks to the pain and agony of these stupid things from when I first encountered them. Holy shit

    submitted by /u/Doktimusprime
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment