• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 5, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This game has the hardest PvE of the 3 games

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    And I'm not talking about the bosses. I'm talking about the regular enemies and red phantoms. It's crazy how much damage they do and how little damage I do, even when I backstab. I have to be using like an ultra if I'm gunna make backstabs worthwhile and feel like I have to R2 cheese everything with an ultra or club

    submitted by /u/W3rodst
    [link] [comments]

    Never safe.... never

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    Sometimes, all we want to do is just lay and rest [BUG]

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    I was fighting this fella when I got suddenly summoned. In very last second, I've made a final blow, before screen turned dark. Unluckilly, host disconnected so I got send back to my world right away, just to find him like this https://prnt.sc/uc3jno

    I feel so bad, never though these fights can be that much exhausting. Here are other screenshoots I took: https://prnt.sc/uc3kuy and https://prnt.sc/uc3lk8

    Sleep well, big boi.

    submitted by /u/SeemsNormalToMe
    [link] [comments]

    Finally.... Die Fume die!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    I was trying to beat him for so so long. It was like we were in a strange kind of relationship. I can not end him, yet I keep trying and he can't get rid of me because I just keep trying again and again.

    I've lost count of the hours I've spent on this guy. I tried a greatsword with tower shield. Dual weilded and powerstanced estoc and Rapier. Double handed greatsword. Went through a variety of rings. Strength, blades, old leo, dexterity you name it.

    Finally he is dead and I feel like that lifeless statue inside which he was protecting.

    I've already finished the main questline. This is my first DLC and all of the sudden my interest in Dark Souls 2 is going down. I feel like I've fought the best fight which the game had to offer. From the videos it seems Sir Alonne will be another Epic fight but I'm not sure I have patience to find him and kill a swathes and hordes of mundane enemies on the way to him.

    What will motivate me? Does anyone feel the game is too too long!

    I know there are many posts out there celebrating the death of fume knight, but I just needed a place to vent.

    submitted by /u/vaikrunta
    [link] [comments]

    DS3 doing DS2 Dirty?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    I dont know if its just me but in my opinion some of the DS2 references kinda screw the lore over.

    Ex:

    Shield of Want (King's Shield) states Vendrick was no king. I mean sure Vendrick sees himself as no king but that was just his depression talking. The man was more than fit to be a king and they make him sound like the bad guy.

    Alva's romantic journey with a vague open ending, was said to have ended in tragedy.

    The Loyce Knights getting wrecked by a glorified grave robber who stole their rings.

    Dead Gilligan

    Drangleic not even having its full name.

    Maybe I missed a few but that's all I know of.

    But at least Lucatiel does get remembered which is good.

    submitted by /u/LuciferAdeo
    [link] [comments]

    I'm Frustrated.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    This game just doesn't make sense to me. I just finished beating Dark Souls: Remastered for the first time and I felt like that game had a rhythm to it. Combat felt like a dance and when you fucked up, you knew it.

    This game feels like the exact opposite to that. There doesn't seem to be a natural rhythm. I can't parry, my dodge has no invincibility to it (I recently learned that you can up the i-frames with AGI in this game, but I don't have any souls to level up).

    In short, it's just frustrating right now.

    I am at SL 58, and I'm in the Sinner's Rise. I can't beat the Belfry Gargoyles and I can't beat the four armed, two faced monster at the bottom of the Sinner's Rise tower elevator. I only have 3 estus flasks and they heal only a little above half my health anyway so almost useless during battle. What do I do? Do I need to farm souls? Do I need to go somewhere else?

    I just can't seem to make any headway in this game. I keep dying and losing thousands of souls each time. It sucks. I am not enjoying it at all. And I really want to.

    I've already started over as a Knight which some people suggested, but I'm still not sure if it should be this hard. Like, I was pretty good at Dark Souls. I beat the game and felt proficient at it. I don't believe it is a matter of "gitting gud", I'm just missing something.

    submitted by /u/UltraMegaFauna
    [link] [comments]

    I summoned friend to beat iron king, now when it's his turn, we can't summon suddenly

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Seriously WHY is this the ONLY souls game that I have this issue with? We absolutely meet ALL summoning requirements and also have the name engraved ring on. DS2 is by far my favorite one but its so frustrating that I can only arbitrarily use multiplayer with my friend.

    Has anyone had experience with this issue?

    submitted by /u/golfspite
    [link] [comments]

    Need help choosing my weapon

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    So basically I'm going for a knight build, recently got the Heide knight sword and started putting points into faith. I also saw that there are scythes in the game (I love them as weapons in games). My question would be, are there scythes that scale with faith and strength good enough to be a viable weapon? Second question, do shields slow down the animation/attack speed of a weapon?

    submitted by /u/nineetalez
    [link] [comments]

    I need weak but fun builds.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Im going to play DS 2 with a friend. I am a souls veteran and he is a newcomer. I would like to play a really weak build and let him be the one who does damage and has to do most of the job, but not something too boring for me.

    Maybe a very low dps/low defense build but with a weapon that has a fun moveset.

    submitted by /u/StalinKubrick
    [link] [comments]

    One handed weapons with wide horizontal swings?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    I'ce been thinking about rapier + another weapon for crowd control but cant temember any one handers (low stats requirements) with wide attacks? Only thing vones to mind is broad sword and longsword I guess with heavy attacks.

    submitted by /u/Nexerade
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good dex alternatives to the rapier?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    I'm still pretty early in the game, but I'm already bored of the rapier playstyle. I've tried both the regular twinblades and the uchigatana but I'm not sure which is better / which other options I should play around with.

    submitted by /u/laganio
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody engaging in Blue Sentinel PvP in or outside of arena?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Just want to know how frequently others are getting invasions or bkue arena duels. I might stop farming fidelity tokens at low level with agape if more people are getting invasions. I can just farm Heides for cracked blues if i need to.

    submitted by /u/Auovix
    [link] [comments]

    Help! I'm stuck!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    I'm in this area with a large sand pit in the middle, I forgot the name. Anyway I killed all the basilisk and all the spiders and a couple mage things. But I dont know how to get out now. Theres three doors, I've opened two, and the last one says it doesn't open from this side. I can clearly see a bonfire in it but I dont know how to get in.

    submitted by /u/AnotherAverageJ0e
    [link] [comments]

    Best strength weapon?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    What would you say is the best strength weapon?

    submitted by /u/literal_brainlet
    [link] [comments]

    Man this sucks

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    So I'm playing the OG DS2 on my 360 since my Xbone is not accessible right now. Where the hell can I find an Ember for Macduff? I'm pretty far into the game now and still haven't found one.

    I know they changed a ton of stuff around for the SoTFS and up til the other day it's the only version I've played. Needless to say I was thrilled when I saw a copy at GameStop as I've never seen the 360 version ever before. I was even happier when it was free since I had a coupon on my account.

    I really like it,but I'm going nuts trying to find an Ember.

    submitted by /u/C9177
    [link] [comments]

    Stumbled onto a way to cheese the gank squad.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    So I finally faced off with the notorious gank squad, and I sized the fight up all wrong. After first checking out the fight solo (and immediately getting spanked), I brought the two NPCs with me. Thing is, i thought the arena was essentially a bridge with small platforms at either end. I had no idea there was a lower area, I just thought it was a cliff on either side. So the NPCs and I fought the skinny guy and Havel clone right up against the boss fog. Well, with a three on two close-quartered scramble it was backstabs for days. Any time either attacked me the NPCs would draw aggro immediately, and then it was backstab time. Meanwhile, arrow guy just stands way away firing arrows which pretty much always miss. Once the first two went down, it was an easy 3 on 1 at the other end of the bridge. So yeah, I don't know if anyone else has done this but I'm not sure this was how the fight was envisioned. Still felt good though.

    submitted by /u/DontStepOnMyFunk
    [link] [comments]

    Fight Clubs (PS4) SM 4mil

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    Who wants to do a fight club? Dks2 is the best pvp souls game out there and idk why no one does fight clubs anymore. If you're interested lmk

    submitted by /u/jitboy_
    [link] [comments]

    I’m so confused on how to get to Darlurker...

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    I know that I have to light the 3 beacons to fight him, and I did. For every time I did, I used a homeward bone to leave. And I went back to go fight him and the beacon I went past wasn't lit. Does this mean I can't fight Darklurker?

    submitted by /u/WhiteKnight42000
    [link] [comments]

    How should I deal with 56 enemies chasing me 1 hour into the game?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    I beat the first boss. Went downstairs into No Man's Wharf. Tried killing enemies slowly but it seems like there are endless waves. Tried sprinting through and had no idea where to go. Crawly dudes kept getting me plus the dogs and people. Maybe I took a wrong turn after the first boss? Is this an area for later?

    submitted by /u/smybrthdymagetlitlit
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with DS4

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    the game doesn't work with my dualshock4 controller.
    saw other people who had problems with it but nothing solved my problem.
    ds4windows works and i did check the 'hide the controller' box. is there anything else i've missed?

    submitted by /u/topkek-san
    [link] [comments]

    I just got all the achievements on DS2 SotFS!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    I made it Drangleic on NG++ and bought the last 3 spells! Duke Freja actually have me a run for my money and is the hardest Great Soul for me.

    I started playing DSR again at the start of lockdown and decided to go for the 100% and got it. I then decided to move on DS2 and did the same! I'll take a little break from Souls games (but never too long) before moving onto DS3!

    I love Dark Souls and everything about it. I get tired of easy games that don't have much challenge so Dark Souls has always been my jam! Shout out to Darkest Dungeon too.

    Don't get me wrong non challenging games can be fun and people love them and that's great! I normally enjoy them for a little while but once I "solve it" it just kind of loses my interest.

    Edit: Thanks for the awards!

    submitted by /u/stump2003
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurker

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    I finally managed to get to the draklurker after finished all 3 parts of the pilgrims of the abyss. But I fucked it up and died to him. Now, I did the part in Drangleic castle as the last one. Do I have to beat this part again to reach draklurker or can I do the part in shaded woods?

    submitted by /u/P8tox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment