• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 14, 2019

    Dark Souls Am I disabled ?

    Dark Souls Am I disabled ?


    Am I disabled ?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 01:54 PM PST

    I killed Ornstein and Smouhg on the second try but died to a Pinwheel.

    submitted by /u/ProperTorb
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyndolin's Design

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 05:14 PM PST

    In regards to deities - specifically female deities, memes aside I think it's safe to say that sexuality - and more importantly: feet - are a vital design choice.

    If we look at Quelaag & Quelaan, we have two deities that have been corrupted by the Chaos Flame, and as such, their entire lower halves transformed - essentially sexually inaccessible. Now, none of this is to say that this was meant to be the conscious focus of their design, but Miyazaki is a master of appealing to our subconscious to make us feel uneasy or uncomfortable, or to otherwise achieve a desired effect (this same tactic is used in giving the demons horns and animal-like features or even animals in the case of the Capra Demon, to appeal to our subconscious that these creatures are scary predators).

    A similar effect is used in Dark Souls 3 with Rosaria: a mother that births monstrosities.
    The "mother" portion of her design reflected in her bosom being exposed in a way we commonly see when women breastfeed, and the corrupted birth aspect of her design reflected in her lower half.

    If we look at misunderstood creatures who are meant to garner our sympathy, i.e. Priscilla: you will find no deformities or design choices that would turn our subconscious against her. Notably, for the purposes of this post: her feet are not only left alone, but exposed.

    Now, to the meat of this post: spoiler warning from this point on for most things to do with Dark Sun Gwyndolin (and do keep in mind that this is all just speculation).

    So, I've been wondering for a while now: why snakes, and specifically why snakes where his feet should be? Well, if we take into consideration Gwyndolin's role as essentially a deity of deception, a deity who was born a son but raised a daughter, and a deity who harbors illusions, I think it starts to become clear. Now, do keep in mind that I do not mean to be bigoted or phobic in any way, or even to bring up identity politics in the first place, I'm just saying I'm pretty sure Miyazaki knew his audience and knew to design characters with straight bois in mind.

    Okay, so with that out of the way, what are snakes representative of? Well, I think it's safe to say snakes have a very strong association with deception, ever since Christianity was a thing. Snakes, are also phallic in nature. So, here we have Gwyndolin: a god of deception, with their lower half - or at least feet - completely obscured and replaced in a similar fashion to those of the witches of Izalith, specifically with snakes.
    And with that, I rest my case (/s; but for real - it does help to explain the snakes when looked at that way, right? I thought so anyway; open to discussion!)

    And as a last little side note, because this is admittedly a stretch: but, you ever notice how Gwynevere in the game, an illusion created by Gwyndolin, has her feet hidden? Hmm, Miyazaki truly works in mysterious ways...

    Edit: added a spoiler tag, formatting

    submitted by /u/BeenieBomb
    [link] [comments]

    The problem we all face after playing a Fromsoft game

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 08:48 PM PST

    For a long time after playing dark souls, I refused to play games on anything other than the hardest difficulty. It's not until very recently that I realized that this was extremely detrimental to my enjoyment of gaming.

    One thing we don't usually realize about dark souls is that its difficulty is (for the most part) entirely fair. After playing fromsoft wannabes like fallen order and code vein, I realized just how well crafted dark souls and sekiro are (and bloodborne, probably, I haven't played it).

    It's not fun because you're overcoming a game that's trying to tear you down every step of the way, it's fun because it's throwing challenges at you in a way that respects you. Enemies are designed to be easily read and can often be predicted, even when encountering them the first time, with sufficient experience and care. Fights have a consistent tempo that's never cheated. It's difficult, but respectful.

    In most games, the difficulty arises in unfairness. "Normal" mode is the expected experience, and anything beyond that is made purposefully unfair, deceptive, and cheap. (I know that this is a different discussion, but that's why I believe that difficulty settings won't work in fromsoft games.)

    It took me a long time to realize that the thrill of beating a boss or completing an area isn't one of spite and vengeance against the game, but rather accomplishment and triumph over the gauntlet thrown your way. Fromsoft games don't try to beat you down; they give you fair challenges that you can either rise up to or give up from.

    It's taken me a long time to finally stop playing things on the hardest difficulty just because I thought difficult = fun.

    What's actually fun is fair, respectful triumph.

    submitted by /u/BigPawh
    [link] [comments]

    What is the most badass line of dialogue in all souls game

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 10:05 AM PST

    The hardest boss I’ve ever faced

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 01:23 AM PST

    After being stuck on Ornstein and Smough for over a year, I finally beat them after being stuck on them for over a year ( I'd try for a couple weeks then take a break from them for a couple months) I really wanted to get on with the story because I really love souls games (beat DS3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro). I'm so excited to finally experience the rest of the game! I

    submitted by /u/firedrilll
    [link] [comments]

    Moonlight Butterfly

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 07:13 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/lae65vV

    totally on-model moonlight butterfly sketch i did for someone. minor alts upon request

    submitted by /u/SmokerBloker
    [link] [comments]

    There are definitely some of you, like me, always play games on the Easiest difficulty, but still got into Dark Souls

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 08:48 AM PST

    Every game I play, I always put it on easy mode to experience the whole game, just a casual run. To enjoy the story.

    Its different in Dark Souls. I love how fucking brutal this game is. I fucking love the bosses that gave me challenge, the ones that I died more than five times to. I had fucking fun and I never felt so satisfied beating a boss, especially Manus and Artorias. Whoo boy. Took me at least 3 deaths to finally learn their move sets.

    I'd never thought I would love Dark Souls, as the casul ass gamer I am, but here we are.

    This game has a different charm to it, and now I wanna play all FromSoft games.

    Thank you Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/bokuwanivre
    [link] [comments]

    My Entire Night in a Nutshell

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 02:29 AM PST

    My art skills are unmatched:

    https://imgur.com/a/0dopuhW

    submitted by /u/Enygmaz
    [link] [comments]

    Entering 4 Kings arena for the very first time be like

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 07:55 PM PST

    \BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR\**

    Player Debuff:

    • Startled
    • Agitated
    • Confused
    • Wants to get out
    submitted by /u/Freudem
    [link] [comments]

    I'm always hearing about passwords to use for summoning. Is this feature on the switch as well?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 12:45 AM PST

    Still Discovering Things

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 04:12 AM PST

    So I've been playing this game on and off since release on PS3 and have played it on 5 different platforms with countless hours. My most recent save has hit 50 hours as I'm trying to get all the achievements on Xbox One.

    As I'm going for the achievement for all pyromancies I've just found out about the egg infection! How am I still discovering things for this game?!

    submitted by /u/sproaty88
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that giant skeletons can drop the Murakumo

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 04:35 PM PST

    Steam Controller hardly functional

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    Just got the Steam Controller and I can't use anything but the A button. Directional pad, joystick and touchpad do nothing. I've tried a bunch of different controller configs and nothing works. Please help!

    submitted by /u/tifareth
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to make the bow that Gwyndolin uses in his boss fight if I keep his soul and go to the giant blacksmith?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 01:21 AM PST

    Should I make Soulsborne fan comics or just make the art?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 01:11 PM PST

    Hey All. With my winter break past the halfway point, I'm starting to look at my work a bit more thoughtfully. I've been back and forth on making some fan comics for the Soulsborne Series, wherein the summoned phantoms become traditional party members to the main character of each game. I thought it'd be fun to explore the different character interactions. But the more I think, the more I'm wondering how much time I'll have to work on a project like that in between classes at grad school.

    On the other hand, I already got a few working sketches of my casts listed below, and I'd be happy to keep posting art of the summonable phantoms without helmets and try displaying a bit more of their character all the while. But, maybe my style would be more suitable for doing them in a miniature format, along with merchants and possibly even bosses. Any thoughts on how I should approach this would be helpful. Thanks.

    (also very awesome to see that Sekiro won GOTY, so proud of Miyazaki and FromSoft for what they've done :) )

    DS1 Cast Sketch WIP: https://sta.sh/014n7ptyjfz5

    DS2 Cast Sketch WIP: https://sta.sh/0362o00ym0k

    (DS3, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne still to come; maybe even Sekiro if that's something people would like to see)

    submitted by /u/mean_emcee
    [link] [comments]

    Absolute scrub playing DS1 for the first time, any tips to meme the shit out of this game?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 01:03 AM PST

    So, I finally bit the bullet and bought Dark Souls Remastered for the Switch. This is the first Soulsborne game I've actually played, and so far I'm doing... okayish. I've mostly just been turtling with my shield and playing it safe, but I've started to want to play it less safe and more entertaining. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on turning my character into a meme machine?

    submitted by /u/jhalljhin
    [link] [comments]

    Is it weird that I don't enjoy DS1 compared to DS3?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 05:30 PM PST

    I promise this isn't bait, im honestly interested if anyone has had a similar experience to me.

    The first Soulsborne game I played is DS3, I bought the game and I absolutely loved it, so much in fact, that straight after finishing the campaign I bought the DLC and jumped into it once more on NG+. But when I picked up Dark Souls Remastered on PC the other week I honestly didn't enjoy playing it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the world and its lore, but the mechanics just feel so clunky. I find myself needing to use a guide every other minute because I legitimately had no clue where I should be headed next.

    From scanning around online I tend to see that the general consensus is that DS1 is the hardest game in the franchise so I dont know if im just used to an easier game in the franchise.

    I just wanted to see if anyone else felt this way? I absoloutely plan on finishing this game, but I just think compared to DS3 im not having nearly as much fun.

    submitted by /u/SlaxerMelon
    [link] [comments]

    What's with the headless statues in the DLC?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 12:28 PM PST

    In artorias of the abyss, there are many statues of a robed figure holding a branch without a head, haven't been able to find anything about this online.

    submitted by /u/dinobeam
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting and completely useless fact

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 05:10 PM PST

    If you ring the Blighttown bell first, Crestfallen will say "only one more now, if you have the heart for it", instead of "only one more now, but it's suicide"

    submitted by /u/fetusmodeactivated
    [link] [comments]

    I am still struggling onwards in my first play through. In entered the depths and was not looking forward to whatever chat meant by "mind the gape"

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 06:28 PM PST

    Pvp activity on switch

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 12:11 AM PST

    For those of you who play on switch, what in your experience has been the most active mix of level and location for PvP, both invading and being invaded? I've recently renewed online and maybe it's time of day but the township was dead at SL125

    submitted by /u/IvanLagatacrus
    [link] [comments]

    How good is dark souls remastered

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 08:07 PM PST

    Ive been deciding on whether or not to play dark souls remastered. Ive played 2 and 3 but I'm not sure about remastered. What are ypur thoughts.

    submitted by /u/weedbus68421
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever heard any lore about the Crow??

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 04:10 PM PST

    I just finished my first play through of dark souls 1 (after starting it years ago and then getting hooked on darl souls 3 in between) and when I was leaving the Asylum in new game plus I realised something...

    I don't think I've seen or heard a single piece of lore explaining our avian chauffeur's backstory. I've seen lore for literally every other living (or undead) creature I can think of in the game, including the cartoon mushroom people, but not the crow...

    submitted by /u/BaronVonBardley
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment