• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just heard Fair Lady/Daughter of Chaos speak for the first time in a play through. I feel sick and incredibly sad.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    I'm playing the Remaster on my PS4 in NG+. With the help of someone from r/snuggly, I was able to get all the equipment I needed to platinum the game. I only need to beat the game again and I'll be finished with it for a good while before ever revisiting it again.

    I heard rumors about Fair Lady being able to talk. So I looked it up and saw how you need to give Snuggly a Sunlight Maggot to get a special ring. I did just that.

    Now, I already knew that she was going to think I was her sister. But... I wasn't prepared for what she said. The pitiful, cracked voice. She was so sad as she spoke to me, who she thought was her sister Quelaag. She mentioned how the eggs "have gone still." How afraid she was. She gave a weak reassurance that she would be alright since she had her sister at her side. The sister that I had killed.

    I feel so genuinely mournful and weird in the stomach. Holy shit man. I wanna cry almost. I've never felt this way from a game.

    submitted by /u/WaywardMarcher
    [link] [comments]

    To the hosts out there; when you summon someone in, they're there to fight for YOU

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Many times I've been summoned by someone and we've gone to the boss, and many times the host will rush in with me and get slapped down.

    Normally, at least when I play, in my own world I tend to be rather reserved in my playstyle as who wants to die with a 1,000,000 souls at the halfway point while exploring Blight town? However playing as a phantom I will play completely differently, I'm a lot more bolder and aggressive in my approach, but this is only with the confidence that if I actually die, I'm not losing anything. My humanity and souls remain intact.

    A lot of hosts I've ran into feel the need to approach in the same way and YOU DON'T NEED TO. Obviously this doesn't apply to people confident in their abilities, but if you're struggling with a boss and summon a phantom, you don't need to feel like you're not helping or we'll hold a grudge or anything.

    That is literally our job.

    TL;DR if you're struggling with a boss, keep your own safety your priority and let the phantom do their thing, we care about you being alive more than anything.

    submitted by /u/Skenghis-Khan
    [link] [comments]

    Screw Dark Souls

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    Screw Dark Souls. Screw the hours of grinding. Screw that Gargoyle thing. Screw my 5 flasks of whatever. Screw Dark Souls. I'm going to play another 20 hours.

    submitted by /u/TommylovesGames
    [link] [comments]

    I completed this game for the first time and I have to say ...

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    that those primordial snakes remind me of jake the dog

    submitted by /u/Nice_bodyshot
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got the Platinum trophy for Ds1!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    When i first played this game, i was kind of traumatized. I didn't know where i was or what i needed to do. Even though all i did in my first playtrough was run around and die a bunch of times, i never was tired of the game. I still felt curiosity for this world, I felt like there was a whole part of the game that i was missing....

    When i first beat Gwyn, i was really confused, I could not believe that was the ending. So the first thing i did was look up an explanation online......

    I started diving deep into the lore, I learned about all the stories that happened in the land of Lordran, about the secret details that the game does not tell you. At that point, i fell in love with the game. I was going back and finding all the things that i missed, i completed the game on SL1, i started to make builds for PvP, i started to make theories, and i even cosplayed Solaire at a Con....

    I think this might be my favorite game of all time..... And i can finally say, in honor of that kid that was traumatized back on the ps3.....

    GG,PRAISE THE SUN! I HAVE COMPLETED THE GAME!

    submitted by /u/LIC87
    [link] [comments]

    Fun builds DS1 Remastered??

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    I've finished both DS3, Bloodborne & Sekiro and have now bought DS1 Remastered for my Switch. As I'm a somewhat seasoned player I was wondering about any fun But not too complicated Builds for my first playthrough of DS1 :)) thx in advance ;)

    submitted by /u/meap31
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the Hydra!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Something so small, but it's the farthest I've ever gotten in this game! (I often go hollow or have an issue where I reset and start from the beginning if I rage hard enough).

    I'm playing a deprived and am near soul level 50!, After SO many tries, most of my deaths because of 'drowning' I beat it! Then I went exploring and got eaten by a giant cat thing! I love Dark souls.

    submitted by /u/YamiChain
    [link] [comments]

    I ordered Dark Souls remastered on Nintendo switch although I already have DS on my PS4 Pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    but I couldn't finished it on my PS. Because I started travelling from EU to New Zealand. And now I am in New Zealand more than one year (because Covid-19). But gaming missed me a lot so I bought here Nintendo Switch and I'm looking forward to the Game a lot 😊

    submitted by /u/MrBadys
    [link] [comments]

    Is Mugenmonkey down??

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    I can't connect to the DS character planner or any of their calcs...anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/GalacticGnomeNibba
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown...

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    Am i the only one who spend 3 hours in this mess of ladders only to realize that after beating the boss, it only takes 2 ladders to get straight to the entrance?

    Like holy shit, that level design is something else. They literally trick you into exploring everything, thinking nah that boss is probably for later, getting up those random ladders that basically lead into nothing, while the objective is just 2 ladders away.

    Absolutely insane.

    submitted by /u/aphex1991
    [link] [comments]

    Beat it for the first time

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    I really loved it, most of the areas I found really interesting and fun to explore besides a few like Tomb of the Giants cause fuck skeleton dogs, and New Londo Ruins due to the lack of bonfires also ghosts that go through walls and gang up on you. I liked all bosses except Bed of Chaos and Capra Demon, with O&S and Gwyn being my favorite. I chose the Dark Age ending. I'm excited for my next playthrough.

    submitted by /u/sayurn
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of chaos isn’t a hard boss but annoying, change my mind

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    Dlc

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Should I start a new character for the dlc? I've already beaten gwyn. I don't wanna do the dlc on ng+.

    submitted by /u/GodatForHonor
    [link] [comments]

    Yooo I didn’t think this sub would still be active after all these years

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    Did anyone else find the capra demon unfair?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    I am playing through the game for the first time and this fight felt impossible with the dogs and I always died upon entering the fight

    submitted by /u/eddiebeargamer
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice - Peculiar doll stuck behind a locked door.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    I'm totally stuck here.

    The door to the cell where the peculiar doll is is stuck shut. I can't interact with it. The west door is also stuck shut. Also at some point firelink started giving me 20 estus for some reason?

    Also, for some reason, whenever i die now i stay human. Sometimes when i quit and reload I just end up at the beginning of the area and several things in the map are reset.

    Am i going to have to restart just to get this stupid doll so I can go to the painted world and get my scythe?

    I'm playing Remastered

    Here is a screenshot of me being stuck https://imgur.com/a/Q45K8em

    submitted by /u/boshington
    [link] [comments]

    It would seem that choosing the dragons to be weak to lightning was not a random choice, many dragons across different mythologies fought against storm gods

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Summon sign by entrance to Sif.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I am on the Xbox 360 version that is on xbox one. I don't know if multiplayer works on this, but if so, i am up for some jolly cooperation

    submitted by /u/MagnificentEd
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to play Dark Souls Remastered but whenever I launch the game, it launches in windowed mode slightly off-screen. I'm trying to put it in fullscreen mode but whenever I click on pc settings, the game crashes.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    The ini file already has the refresh rate to 60. I have a 144hz monitor so I tried setting it to 144hz but that didn't help either.

    submitted by /u/SpenBuhGu-404
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Opinion.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    I prefer the kindling system than the scavenger hunts. By scavenger hunts i mean finding estus shards.

    submitted by /u/RyanK17
    [link] [comments]

    game crash when entering PC settings - help(?)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    playing on a laptop
    i tried to change refresh rate to 60 (it was on 60 already) still doesn't work ..

    this is very tilting, i just wanna experience this game, lol
    does anyone have a solution for this?

    submitted by /u/RahBeat
    [link] [comments]

    How to make dark souls 1 more difficult?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    I know that decreasing my stamina and go can make the game more difficult, but are there some other self imposed rules I can use to make the experience harder? I want to feel pain

    submitted by /u/itsBIGPOOP
    [link] [comments]

    I found something kinda neat regarding DS1's title screen theme.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    DS1 title screen theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMWTyxrBgRU

    RE1 save room theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb_Bb8JA2pg

    They sound pretty similar don't they?

    submitted by /u/randomusername3716
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment