• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Shrine of "Amana"?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    Who or what is the Amana in "Shrine of Amana" referring to? The only Amana I could find is some sort of mountain referred to in the Bible, but I highly doubt it's a reference to that, since the shrine is underground.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/CaptainICatfish
    [link] [comments]

    I love the souls community ❤️

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Everyone over at summon sign and wheel and deal are so helpful I can never help anyone because I am never fast enough someone always jumps on it that's why I love this community everyone is so helpful and loving especially veterans who give tips to new players which I have seen more of recently ❤️ have a good day everyone don't go hollow u hear?

    submitted by /u/a_allen4261
    [link] [comments]

    Should you leave the game for at least a few hours when you're so stressed from still not beating a boss?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    Finally beat the game after 4 years!!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 2 was the first non nintendo game i ever really played having grown up in a super conservative household. I got the game when i was 13 four years ago, and after maybe 6 to 8 months of sucking ass, i made it to throne watcher and defender, and gave up and moved to dark souls 1 and 3. I sold my ps4 some years after as I had recently, and I stopped playing the souls series as a whole. Flash forward to the steam summer sale, I bought Dark Souls 2 again. Instantly I was hit with nostalgia as I began to reexperience all I loved about the game, and I finally beat it in around 15 hours!! I seriously can't believe it took me this long to actually finish the game lol

    submitted by /u/1600dg
    [link] [comments]

    What happens to Lucatiel after her questline?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    I just finished her questline and she gave me all her stuff. I'm guessing she goes hollow after this but do we ever see her again or does she just disappear? And if she does disappear, has anyone been able to figure out where she goes?

    submitted by /u/deadbeatvalentine_
    [link] [comments]

    My sl1 playthrough up until now

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Deprived, Healing wares, get to Majula. Can't use any weapon. Have to use the stupid dagger. Tower of Flame. Cheese Dragonrider. Forest of Giants. Buy hand axe. Kill Cale for his helmet. Kill Last Giant. Try to kill Pursuer up the thing. Die, so just cheese him with ballistas. Lost Bastille. Open up Duff's workshop. +6 hand axe. Ruin Sentinels with Bellclaire and Felicia. Think about Belfry Gargoyles then say no. Buy 99 lifegems from Merchant Hag. Lost Sinner with Lucatiel and Luet. Die once. Huntsman's Copse. Summon Ray, but he falls off because he sucks (he actually is one of the most op summons). Spooky Scary Skeletons by myself with the +6 mace that I have. Ez pz. Harvest Valley. Grab the chunks, kill the 3 crystal lizards. Jabba the Hutt. Burn windmill. Summon Ray, Scarlett (I think) and Thomas the tank engine. Mytha is bye bye. Try Iron Keep but leave for Shaded Woods because the enemies do way too much damage in Iron Keep. Buy Ring of Whispers to talk to Scorpion Tark so he can help me kill his wife. Kill Najka. Skip Doors of Pharros because no. Brightstone Cove. Summon Benhart for Prowling Magus and Congregation (leave me alone it was safety precautions). Get another slab. Forget about Ray and summon O' Harrah and Boyd. Lose. Die again. Summon Ray, O' Harrah and Boyd. Use some fire resin. Win. Almost forget to pick up the Great Soul. Somewhere I got a Crossbow. Iron Keep. Skip Smelter Demon (oh hell no) and get to the bonfire. Turn the fire off. Get the lightning bow +1. Summon O' Harrah. Die a few times. Kill Old Iron King. Unlock Dlc. Get the key. Get the dex ring from dlc. I switch to rapier that is raw and +10 in advance. Raw because I'm not getting scaling. Go back to Majula. By this point I was buying Brightbugs for no reason. I don't even use them. Old Dragonslayer because I want to join the covenant. Summon Glencour and Scarlett. Poor Ornstein. Would've done better if Smough was there. Don't have a token of fidelity. Im sl1, so no one is going to summon me in. Mess around for a bit. Put my sign down near second bonfire in Huntsman's Copse while I try to get to Horse boss. Actually get summoned. Along with 2 other phantoms. In not even ng+. Join the Covenant because why not (I forget why, maybe the boltstones?). Go down to Grave of Saints. Bonfire. Ignore that and skip to Gutter. Use torch to light the sconces. Get to Black Gulch. Summon Schmidt, Lucatiel and Ray for Rotten. Kill him. Meet Aldia. Go to Majula and buy 12k ladder from ladder man. Get the Forgotten Key. Open it for some loot.

    And that's where I am now. I will do Dlc's hopefully after Aldia, but no promises. Will probably use red tearstone ring for the later bosses. But for now, it's off to Drangleic and Twin Dragonriders. Wish me luck.

    submitted by /u/MrFemur17
    [link] [comments]

    A few magic-related questions

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    1. Am I correct in thinking a fully upgraded Chime of Want (hexes), Staff of Wisdom (sorceries), and Dragon Chime (miracles) are the best options for their respective spell types (listed in parentheses)?

    2. Assuming I have all three available and plenty of spell slots, is there any reason I would not want to also infuse them with dark, magic, and lightning, respectively?

    3. If I spice a spell, will it lower the attribute requirement for all my copies of that same spell, or just the one I select?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Schub21
    [link] [comments]

    Found Frigid Outskirts

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    And I already hate it. Hardly able to see, enemies that appear out of nowhere, and there's no clear path to take. At least I can summon npcs to help fight of the reindeer.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished the no death no bonfire run on my first try AMA

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    I know im just a stranger on the internet and I could very easily be lying so I dont blame you if you think im lying lol. And yes im very fucking surprised myself I did it in only one try

    submitted by /u/pashaport
    [link] [comments]

    I finished the main game for the first time!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    So i am a new Dark Souls player and a fan since i grabbed the second and third game through the summer sale. And i have just finished the main game. And i have some thoughts and statistics (forgive my not so good English)

    - Played as a mage. It was hell for the most time until i found a binocular and started to snipe enemies. Favorite spell is "Yearn". I know, i know the greatsword spell is there but Yearn saved my ass multiple times so give it a try if u have never did before

    - Most died areas are Shrine of Amana and No Man's Wharf. Fuck the priest guys on Shrine of Amana, it felt like they had neverending stamina and i died over and over again. My first "hit against a brick wall" moment is No Man's Wharf. Non stop ganks with those very agile sailor guys made me tear my hair out at first but it was the moment when i learned how to deal with crowds.

    -I really loved the main story. It felt personal, i was very aggravated on behalf of Vendrick. Emerald Herald being a shady character did come as a surprise to me because i am a pessimistic lmao. Favorite side character was Lucatiel, of course. The last encounter on Aldia's Keep was very relatable as i go through some existensial crisis at the moment. When i got her set, i never took them off.

    -I loved this game. It was supposedly the worst of the Souls series so i am perched for other games. I already started with Eleum Loyce DLC (yeah sorry, dont know the names). And they are supposed to be better than main game, bring it on.

    -Ok boss analysis:

    1. Last Giant: Died 1 time because i was like "wtf he is doing" when he took his arm off. A nice start and the twist with him potentially being Giant Lord was pretty brilliant.
    2. Pursuer: Died 4 times. Oh this guy. I noticed the ballista immediately when i went into his boss area but i could not parry even if my life depended on it so i baited him towards the entrance and immediately rushed to them. Took me 4 tries before i beat him.
    3. Dragonrider: First try. Was pretty easy
    4. Old Dragonslayer: Died 3 times. Was an awesome fight.
    5. The Heide Knight before the dragon: Died 8 times. The real boss of the arena. His moveset is so erratic wtf.
    6. Flexile Sentry: First try. An amazing fight with envrioment playing a big part. I wish the boss was a bit harder but oh well. Did it again with Lucatiel and the added enemies brought that much needed difficulty
    7. Ruin Sentinels: Died 10 times, beat them with summons. Ah this fight was a bitch to deal with. Thanks to the mage summon i finally beat them when i was on the point of rage quitting
    8. Lost Sinner: Died 3 times, beat her with Lucatiel. Once again, i loved lighting up the arena. I was on my own during my 2 tries and she felt very threatening. I guess she would be easier to deal with a shield.
    9. Belfry Gargoyles: Died 1 time. Pretty good adrenaline rush. I enjoyed the fight eventhough they had like no lore behind them.
    10. Skeleton Lords: First time. Easy but i liked this fight a lot, the idea of lords being very different was amazing. A good lesson in crowd control.
    11. Executioner's Chariot: Died 3 times. I killed it with ranged attacks and the poor sod could not make the jump. I loved the puzzle aspect. It was such a rush overall. Also this is the boss i helped other people with most.
    12. Covetous Demon: First times. Aw <3 As a stress eater, i relate to this guy. He was so cute and the scythe was pretty bitching.
    13. Mytha Baneful Queen: Died 2 times. The medusa aspect was yawn but i liked this fight. I knew about the windmill so it was not that bad, but damn she hits hard if you let her
    14. Smelter Demon: First try, beat it with Lucatiel: This was pretty easy eventhough the run to him was so hard.
    15. Old Iron King: Died 2 times. I liked this fight, i like the idea of balancing and being mindful of where you go but i wish it would be more epic
    16. Scorpioness Najka: Died 1 time. This was a bit boring. My only death was because a friend sending six messages one after another.
    17. Royal Rat Authority: Died 5 times. Fuck those hitboxes man and the little rats. Fuck them.
    18. Prowling Magus and Congregation: First Time. Was pretty easy but once i entered the room and saw how many enemies there were, i was like "FUCK"
    19. Duke's Dear Freja: Died 3 times. I got one shotted thrice and i still dont know what got me.
    20. Royal Rat Vanguard: Died 4 times. Yeah i hate rats lol. I got cockblocked by those statues while trying to find the one with the mohawk. Do not have a pretty good eyesight overhere
    21. Rotten: First try. He was disgusting. I almost died to the AOE but oh well.
    22. Twin Dragonriders: Died 1 times, beat them with summons. A pretty lazy fight so i caved in and summoned.
    23. Looking Glass Knight: Died 3 times. Talented, brilliant, spectacular, neverthesame... Everything about this fight was epic. And i went like "Wait are you ALLOWED to that?" when he summoned a NPC
    24. Demon of Song: Died 4 times, beat it with summons. I hated him. Again with the bullshit htboxes, i can see it being easy but idk man, his attacks hit hard. And i tried to stay out of range and it was a bad idea.
    25. Velstadt: Died 2 times. My favorite boss. Felt so bad killing him after i found Vendrick. I even could not bring myself to attack Vendrick
    26. Guardian Dragon: First time. Pretty easy, yawn.
    27. Giant Lord: Died 2 times during the run to him but fighting him was easy at that point.
    28. Throne Watcher & Defender: Died 3 times. I was screaming at my screen when i saw one of them reviving other one. Also one of my deaths was rolling into the chasm, rip.
    29. Nashandra: Died 2 times. I got so much pleasure ending her.

    * Me to Nashandra when i sit on Throne of Want: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c__R0qtFzKQ

    submitted by /u/pazarsendromu
    [link] [comments]

    Any weapons that particularly shine with an infusion?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    So I'm running a quality build and just beat Nashandra, and have gone the whole game without infusions bar a few raw crossbows. Since scaling has been far more important for raw DPS thus far I never messed around with scaling but I have 5+ of every infusion stone at this point and want to have a bit of fun, so are there any interesting weapon/infusion combos people have enjoyed? Bonus points if it helps me get through the annoying soldiers in Shulva.

    submitted by /u/eoinster
    [link] [comments]

    It's the, eye of the dragon, it's the thrill of the fight!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Seems some poor hollows don't understand the significance of the dragons eye. Been summoned a few times today to help with the boss.

    submitted by /u/disposablepewpew
    [link] [comments]

    Almost there

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Almost done with my fat roll challenge. So far, the bosses I struggled on are: The Lost Sinner Demon of Song(yes, I almost died to this thing) Covetous Demon(got greedy, he fish flopped me to death)

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Almost there

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Almost done with my fat roll challenge. So far, the bosses I struggled on are: The Lost Sinner Demon of Song(yes, I almost died to this thing) Covetous Demon(got greedy, he fish flopped me to death)

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for DS2 Ascended Mod?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Wassup, so I started playing ascended mod, got through dragon rider, it was pretty rough tbh, and i wonder, are there any tips for playing this mod? heard its lots of fun but sometimes unfair. Thanks in advance and praise the modders!

    submitted by /u/TheMightyLavaPup
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please explain to me how people do this in PVP?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    https://gfycat.com/familiarpastelaplomadofalcon

    So far I've come across 5 people that do this in pvp, one shot break all equipment and armor. how?

    submitted by /u/Nilfgaardian17
    [link] [comments]

    Frigid outskirts more like tilted outskirts

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    Fuck this place I hate it you go through all that crap the blizzard and reject reindeers just for a reskin gank boss why on hell did from think this was a good idea and you can't even use the game was rushed excuse here to defend this place this was after the game was out after the crown of the sunken king and old iron king which had okay areas so why is that the last dlc has the most cheapest area of all the LAST DLC you would think that from would have learnt that cheap enemies and swarms don't mean fun

    submitted by /u/Whyusertakenlied
    [link] [comments]

    Summoning Yes / No

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    New Soulsborne player doing a playthrough of every game in order, blind, with no summons. Im at the end of DS2 now (Doind dlc before finishing) and I'm starting to wonder, "Did I miss a part of the game by refusing to summon?" I've always treated it as easy mode not the real game experience.

    The question / discussion: Is summoning (NPC or Coop) a core part of the game experience (aka the game was designed expecting you to use it)? Is it easy mode? Is it something else entirely?

    My goal has been to play them all once in order for my first play. Maybe later I'll NG for more.

    Edit: Thanks all for the helpful advice.

    submitted by /u/eap5000
    [link] [comments]

    Do mods disable achievements?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    I know this question was answered a few times, but I did not see any post about this on this sub and I'm really curious if I can use mods on DS2 without disabling any steam achievements. I only want to use a recolour mod (Make the Drakeblood armour black and gold, the moment I saw it I thought "This is soo cool, but in another colour maybe..." and yeah, there was a mod exactly doing what I was thinking haha), nothing special so... there's no problem, right?

    submitted by /u/Valenisse
    [link] [comments]

    im about to start this game

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    i just beat Dark Souls 1 & bloodborne,and now im about to go pick up dark souls 2 to finish playing this trilogy of games. can yall give some tips or suggestions cause having beaten all souls games ds2 should be my last one and i really have no idea what to expect

    submitted by /u/beefmasterlmao
    [link] [comments]

    Chariot help???

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    This boss is pissing me off. Like I'm on SOTFS version and wow this game has been under whelming. It seems like every time I'm having fun they throw 100 enemy's at me. "Go slow and take ur time". No that's not fun, I don't wanna have to use a bow and pick them off 1 by 1 for 10 minutes. I'd rather have a fun fair fight but they're not fair. Then comes this boss with the horrible run back, hit box that doesn't seem to wanna work, annoying skeletons. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it

    submitted by /u/ccmac124
    [link] [comments]

    Is Santier’s Spear still viable?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    So I asked for weapon recommendations, and Raw Santier's Spear was suggested. I looked it up, and it does sound intriguing, but I also read it got patched and nerfed. I'm currently in the process of farming sunlight medals, but I intend to track down the spear after I'm done, so I figured I'd put out there for some opinions while I'm otherwise occupied. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/giantroboticdragon
    [link] [comments]

    I have not a clue what I'm doing

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    I got the game a few days ago and so far I've killed dragonrider, the pursuer, and the lost giant. But I have no clue where I should go next and how I should get there. I thought Huntsman's corpse would be easier to navigate than it is but I'm just lost

    submitted by /u/At0micBlue
    [link] [comments]

    Which spear do you like best?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    I'm currently using the winged spear, but I was wondering if there are any other spears with different move sets, or that are stronger.

    submitted by /u/Rest-Easy-Tom-Petty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment