• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Dark Souls today and learned to parry for after playing the game for 120h. And it opened a whole new perspective for me.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    As I wrote in my last thread I tanked my way through 4 Kings and got help for O&S. In other words I just went the easiest way to beat a lot of the bosses. Yesterday I faced Gwyn and got my ass smacked. Everyone said the boss is easy, you just have to parry. Thing is, I never parried in my combined playtime of 120h. So I had to learn it from the ground on. Today, after multiple hours I parried 4 consecutive hits from him and made myself the Dark Lord.

    Learning to parry opened a whole new world for me. Pretty sad I needed so much time to make this experience. Now I totally understand all these special runs people do in this game.

    submitted by /u/SirVestire
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls is harder than Dark Souls 3

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Ive beat DS3 twice and this game is so much harder (outaide of midir).

    I feel like most enemies roll catch me often and O&S are sending me for a loop. Mostly because I have no humanities and can't summon solaire but also because they combo me into oblivion.

    And the lack of estus makes exploring dangerous yet really fun when i make it to the next bonfire.

    As a side note, the lack of teleporting and the way a lot of things end up back at fire link is really cool.

    Edit: After reading comments and thinking about my first playthrough of DS3, it is probably easier than DS1 in a few ways. I think the difficulty of DS3 is a bit overhyped but the bosses are definetly harder. I think the jank and slower speed (and later roll timing), are really whats throwing me off. I'm glad dark souls os feeling difficult again though, fighting my way on low health to the next bonfire that somehow gets me back to firelink is a great feeling.

    submitted by /u/Festive_Pybro
    [link] [comments]

    Long time Souls player. Just solo’d Ornstein and Smough for the first time!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    I've been playing Souls games since Demon's Souls, have a platinum on Demon's Souls, DS, DS2, DS3, and Bloodborne. My favorite series. I finally picked up the remaster on sale this weekend.

    I've never been a great boss fighter, tending to be better at the PVE portion of the game, but I'm finding things much more manageable this time.

    I have always enlisted help with O&S, but I decided to try them solo this time, and sure enough, it only took me five attempts. I did actually summon one time, but I'm glad it was a failed attempt, as now I'm a guy who has solo'd this infamous duo. :)

    submitted by /u/Koriwhoredoms
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dark souls for the first time today!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    What a fantastic game! Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/ThePurpleYoYo123
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a real player being there, every time the bell rings?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    Just played through the game the 3rd time. I noticed the bell rung a lot of times while getting there. So I wondered: Does it ring, every time someone out there gets to it?

    submitted by /u/Assassin_Christmas
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat O&S for the first time!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    I've been playing Souls games since Demon's Souls, have a platinum on Demon's Souls, DS, DS2, DS3, and Bloodborne. My favorite series. I finally picked up the remaster on sale this weekend.

    I've never been a great boss fighter, tending to be better at the PVE portion of the game, but I'm finding things much more manageable this time.

    I have always enlisted help with O&S, but I decided to try them solo this time, and sure enough, it only took me five attempts. I did actually summon one time, but I'm glad it was a failed attempt, as now I'm a guy who has solo'd this infamous duo. :)

    submitted by /u/JCrustard
    [link] [comments]

    The illusion mobs created by Gwyndolin in Anor Londo are probably meant to prepare you for the boss fight

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    Think about it, there are exactly two types of mobs you meet after you take the stairs to the main castle:

    1. Giant Sentinels, who are slow moving but super powerful enemies, with a big weapon that both swings and strikes

    2. Bat Wing Demons, nimble enemies wielding a spear that has both lightning damage and the ability to fire a lightning bolt

    Its not too much of a reach to think these are both created in the image of Smough and Ornstein. It also makes sense because Gwyndolin wants the Chosen Undead to take the Lordvessel, and to prove worthy of getting it.

    submitted by /u/InfinitySlayer8
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat NG+3 O&S...

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    I am so relieved this chaos is finally over. I've heard a lot of people say that NG+3 is where the game starts getting annoying. So let's start. This is about my 15th try on this boss. I'm holding my Man serpeant greatsword in my right. & my Balder shield in my left. Wearing the Father mask. The Knight armor. The Embraced Gauntlets and The Havel's Leggings. Medium rolling. With the charcoal pine resin as my weapon buff. Solaire wasn't here as my friend killed him while playing on my character without me knowing. Holding up my shield. And getting crushed by Smoughs bum. Eating Nacho Cheese Doritos. I R1'ed Ornstein until he was staggered. Then ran to Smough and started whacking. I continued this strategy until one of them died. Then before I knew it, there goes Ornstein. I used 10 of my 20 estus in the first phase. Leaving me with 10 estus in the second. Smough was chasing me as I was running away trying to heal. He did his Jump move and I decided to dive right into that and he got over half of my hp. I then gave him a whack with the Greatsword, then rolled back and healed. I've heard that super smough was easier than charged up ornstein but I found them both very difficult. Then he continued to kick my ass. Down to 3 estus. I gave him whacks every once in a while, I got him down to half health. Then healed. 2 estus. I had learned to dodge his attacks better than before. I got him down to a quarter health. 1 estus. I whacked a few more times and got him down to where he's 3 hits. 0 estus. I was at full health. Whacked him once. Now 2 hits. He hit me once and I responded with another whack. 1 hits I was trying to lure him anywhere but the corner but he kept me there. While I was in the corner he did his Jump attack and that got me down a little over 5 hp (I checked after the fight), I ran away to the other side of the arena. Thinking that i was going to die. I had attacked him but missed, as he was going to punish me I rolled back and then forward to attack. I did it. That attack beat him. I than rode that elevator to talk to Gwynever. But my Dorito dust fingers slipped and made me roll off to my death. After I got the Lordvessel and warped to Firelink to try to kill the New Londo blacksmith.

    submitted by /u/nnaffenn81
    [link] [comments]

    New player here

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    So I've just gotten into dark souls and I'm playing the remaster so I've started as a thief class and I've dumped a lot of levels into dexterity. I've gotten as far as the bonfire in blight town and I'm using a +10 balder sword. I was wondering if I could have any tips as I haven't exactly done my research.

    submitted by /u/UndeadOnyx
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the game today. Right back into it

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    Figured I'd make my post. Never had a game I immediately wanted to restart a new run.

    First run through did a quality build with claymore. Fav boss was O&S, but my most accomplished feeling was from Manus. I always roll right when dodging. Did one run rolling left and that was it.

    Saved Solaire. Summoned him once for Gwen, died. Tried once more and parried him to death alone. Felt kinda sad.

    I was going to do a pyro run for my next run through. But now I'm thinking of doing a full dex bow run. How much trouble am I in for?

    submitted by /u/duggz67
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain why marketting people thought that the NTSC-J cover art was not good enough and had to make a shitty one for US and Europe?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    As someone who has played Soul series Backwards how bad is the Platinum for the Remaster?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    I started Souls games with Bloodborne. It popped my From Software cherry you could say and ever since then I've been a From Software fanboy. However I Platinumed Bloodborne,Dark Souls 3,Sekiro but have yet to Platinum the first 2 Remasters.

    I know by now great guides are out but just to get a idea how does the Platinum compare to Dark Souls 3? The Covenant Trophies was a Pain in the ass for 3 and annoying. And I seen the first game has 9. Yikes.

    submitted by /u/ProAssassin84
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of Chaos Soft Lock Help

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    So, I killed the boss, sat at the bonfire, was immediately forced up and the bonfire went out, similar to what happens during an invasion. I've tried boning, dying, and restarting the game, but nothing seems to work. My friend and I are doing a co-op enemy and item randomizer run, so maybe that did something. We never killed the tree roots, but doing that didn't help and the large body of the bed disintegrated like normal.

    submitted by /u/_DrNonsense
    [link] [comments]

    First Time Playing Dark Souls....and I love it!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    My name is Aaron and I have recently stated playing Dark Souls 1 for the first time pretty much. Previous experience includes getting to undead burg and getting rofl stomped by the Taurus Demon.

    So I am very new to Dark Souls and have a bet going with my buddy. If I beat the game, he will do a shield only run!

    So far (I've just reached the Capra Demon on hour 6ish) and I have died around 88 times. I have a death counter keeping track on stream. And I have to say, I am loving this game so far! I love *gitting gud* as the community would say. I have gotten great satisfaction from beating bosses (and mini bosses) and everyone freaking out when I got a black knights sword from the second Black Knight you find. Really having fun so far!

    This isn't meant to be a promotion, I just want to say hi to the community. But if you are interested in my streams, then i don't mind providing a link to you. I won't post it here unless given permission.

    Thanks for reading, have fun out there. Oh, and praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/TheDeathJesters
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn is kill. But...at what cost?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Today i have finally beaten Dark souls 1 . After 83 hours and 26 bosses (all of them) my +15 Claymore parried last swing of Gwyn´s fiery sword thus ending his last duel.

    My Dark souls experience was indeed spectacular. Full of joy,excitement,surprise and even sadness. I never knew i could feel like a scum for killing boss untill i killed Sif the Great grey wolf. When i read Artoriases lore it made me mourn for them even more.

    The world in dark souls is so alive yet so dead. Meeting all these NPCs with different and believable personalities and then seeing them slowly slide into madness. When Solaire couln´t find his sun. When Laurentius went to Blighttown to seek ,,spectacular pyromancy" and then seeing him go hollow. When Big hat Logan went mad or seeing Sieglinde of Catarina cry in front of dead hollowed body of her father whom she had to kill made me shed tears. Its beautiful how Dark souls created all these complex stories with just a few lines of dialogue.

    The battle against Artorias the Abysswalker was far my favourite. I made a post about it (here). Seeing him with mind corrupted with abyss and his arm broken crushes me. All this lore implemented into the game is incredible.

    The final battle. Battle against Gwyn, lord of cinder. When i entered the boss arena i expected some epic choral music like in other bossfights. But when ,,plin plin plon" started to play and i parried every Gwyn´s attack it made me realize why is the music so sad and depressing. Ill use 2 comments that i found on YT under Gwyn´s themethat are exactly the words i would use.

    Peterlee Armstrong - I feel like they made parrying him easy on purpose, singifying how exhausted he is, putting up his best efforts while you squander them with a single shield swipe, leaving him defenseless for your attacks, never learning just mindlessly attacking you, showing how bruteish and tired he has become through hollowing.

    Rednat frot - I love how we hear so much about Gwyn, he's the King of Gods, Lord of Sunlight, with his power over lightning he became the first to ever stand a chance against the Everlasting Dragons, waging an epic war for dominance of the world. He's the greatest warrior there ever was, a noble lord who sacrificed his very soul to ensure the survival of the golden age of prosperity he fought so hard to achieve. Yet when we meet him, expecting a great and mighty God, we are instead greeted by a man, driven into hollow insanity like the thousands we had fought before him. The music, rather than be some epic orchestra, is in reality a somber, mournful piano. Here, we realize just how far Gwyn has fallen from glory, for he is no longer the Lord of Sunlight, his sun has long since set, leaving behind nothing but a shell of the once great man, the Lord of Cinders, whose fire is quickly fading.

    I loved playing Dark Souls and i wish that i could go back in time when i first reached undead parish after 7 hours. How i killed Nito. How i survived Capra demon with 1 hp after spamming keys out of frustration. How my hands trembled after i killed artorias after 50+ tries. The world of Lordran is something truly beautiful. So god damn well connected together. Every bossfight was fun to learn and to play (Not you Kalameet. Go F yourself).

    Dark souls taught me a valuable lesson that i will use in real life. If something seems impossible or hard. Try harder. Practice. Upgrade yourself to +15 as a person. If you try hard enough you will achieve anything you want.

    World 10/10 Gameplay 10/10 Lore Sif/10 Bosses Artorias/10 Kalameet - minus fkin 1000.

    So here i am. In NG+. What are some fun runs i could try? Some fun builds or challenges. Let me know. i will be glad to receive any feedback. Possitive or negative doesn´t matter.

    Thanks for reading friend. Good luck , dont you ever dare to go hollow.

    submitted by /u/TenZCzech
    [link] [comments]

    Don't you go hollow

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    "What's wrong? Get a bit of a scare out there? No problem. Have a seat and get comfortable. We'll both be hollow before you know it."

    — Crestfallen Warrior

    Whether it's the BellGoyles or O&S I hope all you undead out there remember the only true death is quitting, this game is strengthening your soul and preparing your mind.

    submitted by /u/Lurk-Nurgle
    [link] [comments]

    Demon's Souls Online

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    I just finished platinating bloodborne, i already have the platinum trophy to all the other from soft games, except for demon's souls, I have the old ps3 on the garage and im thinking about buying the game, does it still have online services?

    submitted by /u/I_am_-Gl4d1at0r
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat gwyn

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    I'm in my first NG+. I have beaten Gwyn on first try, with Solaire and without a shield. Pure tank melee build. Felt proud, just wanted to tell somebody. Have a nice day !

    submitted by /u/link704
    [link] [comments]

    DS co-op

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    How exactly does DS co-op work?

    submitted by /u/SocialCryBaby
    [link] [comments]

    Little Help finding my path.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:39 PM PDT

    So I just beat Smaug and Orstein. The boss battle at anor londo. Some fog gates appeard. Now, how do I get to the fog gates. At the moment I knwo the path for two. The one in anor londo and the one in the hellish place. Bosses I have fought are the early game bosses and Pinwheel. So could anyone point me in the right directions. as spoilerfree as posible. Tell me some fights I could miss

    submitted by /u/gagrecco03
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got the obsidian great sword on NG+. This is the only game I’ve put the time in to get optional things. I’m hooked.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    I will be taking a break today due to pain in the tendons of my hand and tomorrow I will attempt to kill him with his sword.

    submitted by /u/Wander3
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls and Demon's Souls related?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    If so, how are they related? I'm thinking of playing the series and don't know if I should start at Dark Souls I or wait for the Demon's Souls remake.

    submitted by /u/51LOKLE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment