• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Unexpected use for the Heide Knight Sword

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    So the Heide Knight Sword is pretty good. Not the best, but definitely not the worst. Useful against the Flexile Sentry. All that crap. But I've been using it for another enemy type that it is great against.

    Floor huggers.

    Whenever I'm fighting enemies that are low to the ground, like hounds, I find that regular attacks sometimes miss because the attack is meant for someone the player's size, meaning they can just go right over the head of smaller enemies. The Heide Sword excels because of it's standard attack - starting low, and swinging up. You're basically guaranteed to hit them with it.

    submitted by /u/ramzyzeid
    [link] [comments]

    Shoutout to the guy who dropped me a +10 Red Iron Twinblade and co-opped most of the early game with me

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Don't know if you use the subreddit but you're a cool guy.

    submitted by /u/Cskryps22
    [link] [comments]

    What are some small, but powerful parts of the game for you? Encountering The Embedded is the most chilling thing I’ve seen in the whole series

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Seriously, that moment when you take the elevator platform up and you hear those disturbed grunts from this weird life form stuck to a door... I honestly was taken aback for 10 seconds

    To me this was such a good moment, it's everything that Dark Souls is about, just the mysterious brutal horror of the Drangleic, raising way more questions than answers. And the fact it's not just horror, but tragedy too - I read up the item description for his key:

    "The once-human Embedded, realizing that he could never resist the temptation of the flesh, bound himself eternally with chains. Since then, he has awaited the day that somebody will find this key, and bury it within his bosom."

    It really makes me appreciate the depth the games in this series go to.

    What are some small experiences you had in-game that personally impacted you?

    submitted by /u/spikerrrrr
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people hate DS2 geography yet they like it in DS3?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    A lot of people say that geography in Drangleic is messed up. I always thought it was beacause it was shifting, twisting and converging like the time in Dark Souls 1. Like Solaire said :

    "The flow of time itself is convoluted, with heroes centuries old phasing in and out. "

    So when fire started fading time itself started to warp. In Dark Souls 2 we get to see that many cycles started and ended since Gwyn sacraficed himself to link the fire. I think that the more cycles pass the more Dark Souls' world becomes convoluted so not only the time but the places can converge. Dark Souls 2 gave me this feel that many kingdoms layer on each other, and we see this in Drangleic and later in Lothric. But people tend to bash this concept in Dark Soul 2 but somehow forget that the same thing happened in third game. We can clearly hear it in the intro of Dark Souls 3:

    "... where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge."

    Later we this after defeating Vordt where we are able to see Anor Londo, Irythyll (and with it Profaned Capital), Farron Keep. Isn't it weird that many kingdoms lay so close to each other? Or is it because of some higher power that keeps the kingdoms of great Lords in one place, the place where the fire will be once again rekindled? I would say we can even see this in Dark Souls 1. As we know Oolacile transformed to Darkroot Garden. But when we visit Oolacile just after it was consumed by the abyss, we see no traces of Lordran near it. But when we are in our times, Oolacile is conjoined to Lordran. Maybe because of the Kingdoms coming together before linking of the fire or maybe beacuse they built Lordran on top of Darkroot Garden. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Anyway, I know that some places in Dark Souls 2 make little sense, like famous Earthen Peak to Iron Keep Eleavotr (but I like to imagine that it somehow convoluted because Mytha and Iron King (or his son) had a romance). But I think it is important not to overlook things like this.

    Let me know what you think about it and don't give up skeletons!

    submitted by /u/h00y
    [link] [comments]

    Ok wtf is orenstien doing here

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    happiness then despair

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    i got so giddy fighting sir alonne during the second dlc but then i started ivory king and ended up in the frigid outskirts

    submitted by /u/lordwrenski
    [link] [comments]

    see through bandits in shaded woods become visible

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    So I was heading through shaded woods after getting the king's ring to head to Aldia's keep...and I kid you not when I saw one of those bandits and they were fully visible I was like,"...WHAT DA FUQ?!" I didn't know that for years!

    Edit:So it happened rather quickly, but I was told it was the eye of priestess key item from the crown of the ivory king dlc. I didn't expect it to work outside of any scenario in the dlc, so to me, it came as a huge surprise...and is fucking awesome for needing to return to shaded woods...I CAN FINALLY LOCK ONTO THESE BASTARDS!

    submitted by /u/123darkelf
    [link] [comments]

    Ruin. Sentinels.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I'm pretty sure I've died to these guys over 50 times now. I started out with the swordmaster class and I've upgraded the shortsword and the scimitar both to +3. I two hand the scimitar when I'm fighting them. I can take out yahim just fine, but then as soon as I fall doen from the platform everything goes downhill. After the first sentinel attacks me I try to take him (her? It's name is alessia) down as best I can before the other one shows up. As soon as the other one shows up it's over.

    I can't block, because I decided to not use a shield after finishing Dark Souls 1 a couple of times as a challenge. Everytime I try to get close in order to land some hits, they combo wombo me to death. What should I do? Another thing, I refuse to use lifegems. If I use all of them and can't defeat the boss, all of those gems are wasted. Another another thing, how useful is adaptability?

    (No spoilers for the rest of the game plz)

    Help is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Ih4tef34r
    [link] [comments]

    Do you lose covenant rank if you swap?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    Im pretty high rank with the blood covenant and don't want to lose my glowing aura. But I want to do Dark lurker. Can I swap to the dark covenant, kill him, then rejoin the brotherhood with the same rank?

    Learned my lesson the hard way in DS1 when I accidentally left Darkmoon :(

    submitted by /u/riggetyriggitywreckd
    [link] [comments]

    Best twinblade

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Going through ds2 and I want to run a twinblade mainly for pve. For pure dps which is the best

    submitted by /u/KirbyMama69
    [link] [comments]

    Best options for pvp in 2020?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Been playing through ds2 for the first time in several years and I want to connect more with people and do a little pvp any good suggestions to connect more with people? On ps4 btw

    submitted by /u/KirbyMama69
    [link] [comments]

    New to the game and need advice for a melee build

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    I just semi recently got the game but have found myself stuck as to what I should focus on with my character. I chose a knight for the high hp and for the melee focused stats but now I don't know what weapons to use or what stats to focus on. I currently just changed from a plus 5 bastard sword to a plus 6 great sword and I love the damage hate the speed. I've hit a wall of not being able to advance in the game (currently on my way to the chariot) and I just really need some help as to what to focus on.

    submitted by /u/JAYKEN72
    [link] [comments]

    Got ma Plat!!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Finally got around to putting some time into Dark Souls 2 sotfs and although I'm sad that its all over, I'm glad I've finished it and I GOT MA PLATINUM!! Man what a ride!

    P.s. screw you Sir Alonne! Screw you! :P

    submitted by /u/AndyBiscuit
    [link] [comments]

    If you use a bonfire aesthetic in NG, is that area NG+2 in NG+

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    I'm here to OFFER HELP TO ANYONE WITH ANYTHING! I LOVE HELPING AND CO-OPING! IM ON PS4 and have 10 characters with all different sm

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    Just wanna help people through the game I'll help with anything I don't care what it is

    submitted by /u/Idkmyname2014
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the game!?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 2 is my first and only experience in the Souls series. I purchased it on sale last year and I've put in over 200 hours into my one and only character. I've spent lots of time just enjoying the game and exploring SOTFS.

    Last night, I decided to go back to Drangelic Castle. I immediately remembered the door that requires the King's Ring. I went in for the first time and after two tries I killed Nashandra! Afterwards, I sat on a throne. I guess my character is king now?

    I do still need to beat the Fume Knight, Sir Alonne, and Sinh! Does the game change at all now? I'd say this is at least a 9/10 game! Incredible. I plan to play the first Dark Souls game next.

    submitted by /u/pirpirpir
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Build

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    I'm using the Sanctum Shield and the MLGS, can anyone give me any advice on what to upgrade? Not sure what armour I'm gonna wear yet but stuck on stats to level up and I'm also stuck on what to infuse them with, if they can be infused.

    submitted by /u/killerrrrrrrr
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with the Loyce knights...

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    They aren't spawning despite the weird "here they come" Fire appearing at the doors every 2 minutes. My game bugged or do they really just become super rare after killing them a certain amount of times?

    submitted by /u/Basketbomber
    [link] [comments]

    Should i go to NG+2 with my medium SM, Piss Weak, joke Bleed build for the Curved Twinblade?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    My absolutely dysfunctional, joke of a character who i love for how stupid it is has run into quite the harrowing dilemma regarding completing his Bleed weapon collection (which all must be Bleed infused too, for maximum memes): the last weapon to complete the bleed collection is in NG+2...and this living joke can barely fight NG because of how bad Bleed is. The only way to obtain the Curved Twinblade prior to NG+2 is to gain a rank up with the Bloodbro Arena...but hoooooly shit is that impossible due to losing resulting in a -1 penalty to the progress bar with all the super sweaty buff stacking, overleveled tryhards that infest it because they can't connect to anyone else to cheese fight with their overleveled sweatiness and billion Soul Memory. And they're even less possible to fight when the only source of damage is stale memes/bleed (same thing, really).

    So should i just say "fuck it", and run my 720k SM ass through NG+2 for the last step (and no soul gain for Agape purposes) or attempt trading for it? Because i'm pretty sure trading in this community is dead, especially for something as hard to obtain within a low-mid SM like the Curved Twinblade. I can probably do it albeit will be monumental pain in the ass from the new enemy additions and this character's sheer lack of functionality (plus Forlorn will destroy me by farting in my general direction) but is that actually the better and easier option? Can't just Usain Bolt run past everything like the other Souls games either for more pain.

    submitted by /u/Branded_Mango
    [link] [comments]

    I dont get really why DS2 is best for me

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    I am still playing it, I try occasional DS1 and DS3 but just cant finish them. They feel weak compared to DS2.

    In DS2 each time I play new build it feels somewhat different compared to DS1 and DS3.

    And locations look so different Im never bored of them, each has unique feeling and you can feels artists freedom in what they did. It might even mean locations are so unique because when they cut development time they havent placed some asshole to ruin artists decisions and they just went wild with whatever and it feels so good.

    The changing mood of locations and different builds is just glorious, lost bastile, drangliec castle, shulva, black gulch and others feel dark and give some small resemlence of feeling I get in deep meditation, it just feels natural.

    On the other hand you can make naked mustache guy with great club and its hilarious animations and flying away enemies make for completely different mood.

    Also some how weapons in same category feel unique, in DS1 after playing with longsword I cannot just replay with shortsword or balder sword, they feel like different skins and same weapon with different numbers pop up when attacking.

    In DS2 having shortsword, longsword or even infantry sword feels very different. Even falchion and scimitar feel different for whatever reason.

    submitted by /u/Nexerade
    [link] [comments]

    How much stats making mundane useless?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    If I had 99 every Stat. Did mundane is still good?

    submitted by /u/Duchix97
    [link] [comments]

    No Pharros contraptions in Doors of Pharros?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    I'm new to ds2, (played 1 and 3 tons of times but first time going through 2) for some reason I dont see any pharros contraptions in the Doors of Pharros location? I dont know if this is normal or not. I didnt see any my first time in the area, carried on and beat the Duke's dear freja, came back and still no contraptions. I cant seem to find any info on this researching the area.

    I am not playing in sotfs, but as far as I can tell the contraptions should still be in the base game? I have tried changing my covenant, and being human/hollow. I am not modding either.

    submitted by /u/NeptuneField
    [link] [comments]

    Farming titanide shards early game.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    Greetings travelers,

    Quick question regarding titanide shards.

    So i started my playthrough with dual falchions, which are now +4, but changed my mind and wanna go for dual scimitars now purely cause they look nicer and maybe a bit faster too? Problem is, i dont have enough shards (bought all 10 from majula blacksmith) to upgrade them to at least +3.

    Did some research online and it seems that i am a long way until i will be able to buy an unlimited supply from other merchants.

    Can i farm them anywhere at this point? Only areas i have been so far are forest of giants, heides tower and no mans wharf.

    Thank youu

    submitted by /u/piostri
    [link] [comments]

    Friend souls?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Been playing the souls series for a few years now I have a few NG/NG+3 on ds3 and a few characters on DSR. After beating those and playing a bit of bloodborne and sekiro I decided to buy ds2 sotfs. I'm normally a straight strength or strength/faith build so that what I started with. After 9 hours I decided to give up and start my first ever mage build due to me getting my ass kicked over and over before I even beat the first giant. Now im farther in the game with more hope. Im right before the chariot boss and the skeleton lords boss. Thing is I have not once been able to play co-op with my crew that I've been playing with for years. We have started new files together, stayed at the same SM and also tried other saves and for some reason I have not once been able to play co-op.

    So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in helping a guy with ds2? From the Midwest so im central time and Im usually on after 6pm central time. I'm on Xbox.

    TLDR: Looking for people to co-op with on Xbox, DS2 SOTFS.

    submitted by /u/Djsazm
    [link] [comments]

    To Cap2ptain on PC

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    I want to thank you today for all the PvP you've given me at Belfry Luna. Sincerely Ashen One

    submitted by /u/Killingspr33342
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment