• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Pikachu and Snorlax, where am I supposed to go now?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    EDIT: I've found my way through the Duke's shit fest and killed the funny looking lizard, what's the best place to go next?

    submitted by /u/Deo_that
    [link] [comments]

    Cats stuck in trees got nothing on me

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Sun Medallion I made at work!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Anybody else feel kinda sad after going through their first play through?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    After beating Gwyn and bringing in the age of Darkness, I felt kinda bummed that it was over. I had an amazing experience with this game. Took me months to beat it and I always looked forward to finding time to play it.

    "And Alexander wept, seeing as he had no more worlds to conquer"

    submitted by /u/ReversalRivers
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion regarding Gwyn. (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    I don't think he gone mad at all. The soul we get after the fight should be proof enough that he wasnt a hollow. He was on the verge of hollowing tho.

    Instead I think he is fully aware of frampts doing, and what his own choices have meant for the world. But most importantly he knows who we are and what we are about to do.

    So the irony is actually insane if you think about it:

    God knows how many kingdoms have rised after Lordran at the time of DS3. All of them practiced the 'art' of fire linking. Most of them couldn't even remember who started it all.

    And the one who actually was responsible, tried to stop us, or to put it better: Stop the future of linking the flame and put an end to the undead curse.

    As always this is just a theory that I think makes most sense regarding the fact that Gwyn was after all, nothing more but one of the pre-human beings that found a lord soul and so happened to become a powerful entity.

    Perhaps on the verge of losing his lord soul and becoming a hollow, he realized that humanity is meant to rise out of the dark.

    submitted by /u/aphex1991
    [link] [comments]

    Petrus sucks.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    He basically openly admitted he was gonna do something bad to Reah and yet he has the nerve to ask "What did I do wrong?" when I killed him. Glad I dealt with Bowlcut Boy.

    submitted by /u/Shrimblo
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Dark Souls Remastered?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    I just bought a game and this will be my first time playing through the souls games. I have played a little of dark souls 2 but never properly and this will be my first time playing through an entire souls game. So any tips and tricks? What build or class should I be going for?

    submitted by /u/Ocestormez
    [link] [comments]

    Blight town

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

    Played Bloodborne then DS3 and now this asshole of a game. Omfg I lost count of how many times I died, fell. What the actual FUCK !

    I thought BB was dark. Can't see shit in blight town and you get ganked by 6 enemies in a narrow path.

    I get the cool world connections this game has but damn this area is a maze with so many hidden paths just because you can't see more than 2 meters in front of you.

    Love this game. Can't get enough of it. Fuck.

    submitted by /u/ineedadvil
    [link] [comments]

    Paying respect to Artorious

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    You know how there's a bunch of weapons plunged into the ground at Artorious's grave in sif's boss area? Well today I thought I'd pay my respect by leaving a weapon there, in memory of the knight who fought back the abyss. I was just wondering if anyone had done the same or what you thought

    submitted by /u/MLIASP
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Boss Fight?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    Just fought Artorias for the first time tonight, I had fun the entire process. He had a new and unique moveset that made that pace of the battle change constantly. He has stood out for me and has been my favorite boss fight thus far. Hope to see more fights like his and can't wait for the rematch in the next play through but I was wondering what is your guy's favorite boss fight?

    submitted by /u/Lehmatta
    [link] [comments]

    Youtuber Ymfah

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    I really enjoyed his dark souls content and he hasnt posted in over a month and isnt on twitch. Does anyone know where he went?

    submitted by /u/poiyrezfvkitfvkzz
    [link] [comments]

    Long ago I thought that Ornstein and Smough were near the endgame. I was wrong absolutely wrong. After 100+ hours of more gameplay, beat the DLC I walked through the fog of Gwyn. It is sad how weak he is.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    Has Dark Souls seen a recent surge?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    So I've played Dark Souls on and off since the PC release. I come back about once every year to smack some sense into this hollowed world.

    But this time is different.

    The bells are ringing constantly, I'm being summoned within 30 seconds of putting down my sign, ghosts are running around everywhere, I keep getting extra estus randomly .. like, wow .. I can't remember the last time I saw the game this active!!

    Anyone know what's going on??

    submitted by /u/Scandibrovians
    [link] [comments]

    TheDarkSoulsVirgin.exe

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    If you see this Weeabo Leeroy, you're a real one.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Not sure if these kind of posts are allowed but you helped me through Anor Londo and we almost beat the dragon slayers. You saved my ass a million times I owe you one.

    submitted by /u/ASmallCactus
    [link] [comments]

    Some Thoughts on Nito, the so-called first of the Dead

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    Dark Souls lore is absolutely fascinating, and it's amazing that I can revisit a game like this and learn new interesting tidbits about its lore. A lot of what I'm putting here is speculation obviously, but I feel it fits within the existing lore enough that it may be factual to the story. So on to Nito.

    Nito has a pretty illustrious place among the Lords because he is literally the first to find a Lord Soul in the First Flame and he could even be referred to as the Lord of the Dead, as his title and reaper related garb and weapon allude to. He is also a huge mystery, because among the Lords he is among the most confusing to understand. Gwynn seeks to prolong his Age of Fire. The Witch of Izalith sought to recreate the First Flame. And Seathe sought immortality. Nito seems to lack an ambition other than already possessing a Lord Soul and agreeing to go along with Gwynn.

    After the First Flame the world is brought disparity. Heat and Cold. Life and Death. Let's stop here a second because here we see Nito, the Dead, paired with Life. Here we see that Life actually preceded Death. Nito is the First of the Dead, quite literally. When the Fire first comes into fruition, Life does as well, likely in the form of humans. Many of which died prior to finding a Lord Soul, likely Nito is composed of those who have died, and would explain why he appears to be composed of a number of human remains. It would also explain why he is cloaked in humanity. I think you could even go one step further and say Nito is composed of humanities ambition to achieve a Lord Soul, even after death. However once achieving this, and being essentially dead, he, or they, may be unable to move on after achieving their goals. Much like the other Lords, he is stuck waiting for his inevitable death and the re-kindling or the coming of the Age of Dark.

    Consequently, with this info you can look at the furtive Pygmy and his Lord Soul as humanities ambition towards the Age of the Dark after achieving the Lord Soul.

    EDIT: Expanding on this a bit, Nito could also represent those who actually died prior to the existence of the Undead Curse. Those souls that make up Nito also stuck in a proverbial state of un-life much like the hollows with the Undead Curse. Although Nito's dead no longer go on to inhabit their bodies, instead they amass into Nito.

    submitted by /u/helthrax
    [link] [comments]

    Bookmark made by my younger cousin for my birthday. Thought you guys might appreciate it

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    Onion Bro how could you do this to me????

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Alright maybe one of you can help me out with information on this. Playing through DSR and I get to lost Izalith (everybody's favorite place right?). Anyways everything is going smoothly, I get to Onion bro and things take a sad turn. So I drop 3 of the 5 chaos mixer tentacle hentai monsters that want to put you inside of them. I left the 4th fairly weak. Onion bro charges in like a glorious overweight god and we kill the 4th. I rush over and drop black knight greatsword+5 violence on the 5th before onion bro has a chance to move. He walks over to his spot (no aggro), I walk up and talk to him (I believe I got the dialogue of him surviving but with less than 50%) so as he's in the middle of a sentence dude just dies (note his health was not dropping with poison, I'm thinking random glitch but not sure). Quit reload could not save this poor onion and I watched one of my favorites pass away....now I'm curious because I've played through this game a thousand times and this is a first. Can he be poisoned to this degree? Will the storyline continue as if it didn't happen (I got no items or humanity or souls from his death) or did the onion bro just decide suicide was his correct choice and to hell with my play through? Any wisdom on this would be awesome

    submitted by /u/Twizted-Abyss
    [link] [comments]

    Man-serpent great sword or zweihander?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:57 AM PDT

    I have the zweihander and man-serpent great sword but I'm unsure which one I should focus on making stronger and use more often. I'm doing a mostly strength build and I have a little dexterity (I have 24 strength and 14 dexterity). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Stankystonky
    [link] [comments]

    Im thinking about making an otztrava build

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    The only problem how to make it look like him The weapons: Astora's straight sword Moonlight butterfly sheild Helm: elite knight helm Chest piece:??? Gauntlets:Silver knight gauntlets Leggings elite knight or Catarina

    submitted by /u/BonelessYEET69
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't the chandelier in Anor Londo make any noise when it falls to the ground?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I finally got around to playing the og dark souls and discovered that the chandeleir does make noise when it crashes to the ground, but in the remaster it makes no noise at all. I know this isn't that big of a deal but why is the sound gone in the remaster?

    submitted by /u/evil_vagrant
    [link] [comments]

    Where would one go?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    Hello fellow Dark Souls fans!!

    So I am not sure where I would go to ask. I know that this is not the place. But I have one of the Limited Bandai Namco 1/6 scale Dark Souls Bonfire statues that I UNFORTUNATELY have to let go of... due to losing my job yesterday thanks to the current events...

    Is there a page dedicated to any of the Dark Souls collectible stuff? I don't really know of any. Shoot.. I don't have but like 1 personal friend that is even a Dark Souls fan like myself.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Of course.. if this post isn't even allowed it will be deleted which is fine... I sat here debating on whether or not to hit "post" for like 5 minutes haha.

    submitted by /u/Gosling_dkc
    [link] [comments]

    How Big is Nito?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Can anyone give me a good estimate for how tall Nito is as we see him in-game?

    submitted by /u/IsAnDolan
    [link] [comments]

    Switch Online Community

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    Hey y'all I was just wondering if there still any sort of online community for the switch port still and if it was kicking if your on switch and see this add me for some jolly co-op add my friend code SW-0871-9057-0225 Finally folded and got it on my final console 360 to 1 to PC and Switch lol

    submitted by /u/acyankee98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment