• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 5, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This hurts so much, feel like just throwing my controller against a wall

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:56 AM PST

    I was one hit away from killing Ancient Dragon and then he one shots me

    Its just my heart and soul are broken

    Edit: i killed him, now i feel like God

    submitted by /u/faaramboi
    [link] [comments]

    Frigid Outskirts

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:18 AM PST

    What the fuck is that place

    Come on!

    submitted by /u/Sigma-Boi
    [link] [comments]

    I love this game to death

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:48 AM PST

    Idk what is it... Every time I beat it it feels as it is my very first playthrough. The end music, the credits, the ending cutscene(s), aldia's speach

    The game is truly one of its kind, a masterpiece and you can't change my mind. No matter the anger and frustration it may cause me, I still have it deeply in my heart

    Thanks for coming to this little pep talk of mine, hope I didn't ture ya'll

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Return to drangleic 2020?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 04:54 PM PST

    Is that happening this year or no?

    submitted by /u/Floater1157
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Dark Souls 2 (first time)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:27 AM PST

    Greetings Fellow Undeads!

    I have had the time of my life finishing DS2 (original). I had played it for the first time in 2016, but at the time I was so overwhelmed with the mechanics, UI and the combat system that I used to have my ass handed to me even by those pigs in Majula 😅.

    Last month I finally took the plunge, bought a controller, and installed DS2 (original). Incidentally this is my first RPG, and I had fun modelling my character around my favourite fantasy characters (mainly from Malazan).

    Things I loved:

    1. Vibe

    The game has such a desolate and melancholic vibe, that coupled with the beautiful soundtrack made me easily immerse myself in this world. You really feel that you're alone in this great journey (I was playing a cracked version that too offline, so no PvP scenario). As a lifelong fantasy nerd, I must say that Miyazaki nailed the atmosphere of the game.

    1. Combat system

    I'm a melee player, mainly focusing on strength. For 60 percent of the game I used my trusted broadsword and although the learning curve was quite steep, the game rewarded my painful deaths, and through experience I learnt to manage my stamina and rolled according to enemy patterns.

    1. Enemy Design/ Boss

    Brilliant and fascinating! Sometimes I thought I caught some hidden references (like the Lost Sinner being the Man in the Iron Mask from Dumas' works) and that made my experience all the more richer.

    Here I must add that I HATED The Ruin Sentinel boss. 3 of them buggers is just too much imo. I must've died 50 times at this boss alone.

    My main gripe with the game js about the placements of bonfires, especially just before a boss. Oftentimes it was not the successive failed attempts that frustrated me, but the 5 min Sprint from the last bonfire to the boss battle.

    Apart from this I'd say this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. And I'm so thankful that such a beautiful game can be played even on my shitty laptop.

    Will see you guys on dark souls 3/other FromSoftware games' subreddit, when I get a decent lappy/ console.

    Cheerio!

    submitted by /u/tokuniimiwanai
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished DS1, going now on DS2. Any advice/tips or guidance anybody want to give?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:45 AM PST

    So from what I know DS2 is much more ruthless than 1. So I though I would ask experienced players from DS2 advices for novices like me going for the first time. Also maybe conceptions I should lose from the previous (1) game going in this new one (2) Praise the sun sunbros |/.

    submitted by /u/LubranoCamal1999
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 "Old Majula"?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:47 AM PST

    I was watching a stream earlier today and on it there was mentioned that in Dark Souls 2 game files there are pieces of cut content from the early development version of the game.

    I've found some webpages and videos covering these, but in the stream they mentioned an area called "Old Majula" and how its different or better than the current version in the game.

    Yet, I've searched online for this but can't find a mention about this exact area. Anyone could link me a site or a video about it?

    submitted by /u/PontiffiSulivaan
    [link] [comments]

    Old Iron king concept

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:30 AM PST

    (ps3) Estus flask glitch?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:38 PM PST

    I got the house key and went into the mansion in majula. Killed the skeleton, grabbed the flask shard, and exited. at this time I had 3 flasks. I go to the lady, use my shard, and save and exit. when i return, I still have 3 flasks, no shards, and the item isn't on the ground in the mansion anymore. WTF?

    submitted by /u/cantevenollie
    [link] [comments]

    Selling items

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Guys which npc can buy my items? I want to sell some items

    submitted by /u/agvssssss
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Chasm of Old? Stumbled onto one in the Black Gulch? I am a strength build

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:36 AM PST

    Hello,

    Doing a semi-blind run and basically at the end of the game.

    Vendrick is dead. Didn't even need the dragon soul. I have a big long discussion about my journey to beat Vendrick but that is for another time.

    Ok, So I really do not have anything left in the base game besides this weird area. Dark chasm of old. Came across it trying to get the Giant souls and the only reason I have any faith/Int is because I wanted to try the black knight ultra greatsword. I did the one area and lit the fire and then nothing else seemed to happen and ended up dying from a message telling me to jump here.

    Is this area worth it or can it just be skipped? I am a strength build and have no desire to use any magic.

    Also I am at Shulva now. Is that the first DLC I should do before finishing the game?

    submitted by /u/Stompin14
    [link] [comments]

    Best weapon to dual wield with curved dragon great sword ?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:19 AM PST

    i am on a full dexterity build. soul lvl 220 and before i start new playthrough ( i want double curved greatswords) i want to use something different. what would you recommend ?

    i liked the idea of curved Nil greatsword, but it scales on strength and on dex it has only C. so that's the reason why i want to try something different. or will it work ? im not that good at souls

    submitted by /u/kenswifty
    [link] [comments]

    Opening cinematic has no dialogue

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:28 PM PST

    I reinstalled the game recently and found that the prologue cut scene has no dialogue but it does play music. I've checked the source file (Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin\Game\movie\prologue.wmv) and it also only plays music. Whats strange is that I uploaded the file to YouTube to show what I was talking about but it had dialogue! I tried reinstalling to fix it but it's still the same. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/LlohGun
    [link] [comments]

    I make bad decisions :^) (assist with plat)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:07 AM PST

    I don't know why, but I finally decided to platinum the game. Bought it on ps3 years ago and haven't touched it since beating it the first time. Well it's 2020 and the completionist in me got the better of me. So.. all in all, I'd really appreciate help with acquiring sunlight medals. If there is anyone out there on ps3 willing to help, it would mean the world to me. Thanks. P.s. I'm level 127 and my psn is michaelpav. Also I have the base game, not SotFS.

    Soul memory 1839797 (tier 31)

    submitted by /u/Grimstringer
    [link] [comments]

    100% Build Recommendation

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 04:05 AM PST

    I'm currently trying to get platinum trophy for this game but having trouble in the endgame, feel like I'm not doing enough damage and taking too much. Is there a certain build that's recommended or makes plat trophy alot easier? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Arkay911
    [link] [comments]

    How good are strength builds?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 12:30 PM PST

    I'm wondering how good a strength build is for pve only, I was planning to use the greatsword because I'm a guts fanboy, anything I should know before playing.

    I have played both ds1 and 3 so I have some experience with souls mechanics.

    submitted by /u/bookDJnr1
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight...Holy shit resins are OP

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 12:13 PM PST

    Red Iron Twinblade+Lightning Resin+Brightbug.

    Downed in less than a minute and a half, lmao.

    submitted by /u/Sigma-Boi
    [link] [comments]

    Doors keep closing?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:59 AM PST

    everytime i open a door/gate they keep closing? Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/test_number1
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Faith/Strength Tank Build SotFS

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Hello! Pretty new to DS2 and looking for a good build. I'm pushing 40 so parrying and reflexes suck so looking for a good build that can take hits and heal. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Gregoris101
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to farm the Prisoner’s Hood?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:37 PM PST

    I'm trying to get the one that looks like the ragged mask from DS3.

    The undead in The Gutter only drop the one that covers the whole face and so do the ones in Huntsmans Copse.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/dopelog
    [link] [comments]

    bell keeper rank 0-2 in ~80 minutes [boring stats]

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:51 PM PST

    edit: now with screenshots! because last time i was big dumb & didn't include them!

    yo!

    grinding out a 100% run on DSII (OG, not SoTFS) - got some (hopefully encouraging) numbers for all you folks doing the same thing.

    here are my specs/stats/data from ranking up offline in the Bell Keeper covenant (requirement: 30 invaders killed) - using the NPC Mad Warrior red phantom as the sole target, in order to receive the Hidden Weapon sorcery from the covenant leader, which is needed for the "Master of Sorceries" achievement.

    • Version: Dark Souls II (latest patch)

    • Platform: PC, Steam (started in offline mode)

    • Character's Soul Level: 202

    • Hollow/Human: Human [no deaths during run]

    • Game Cycle: NG

    • Time Spent In-Game: 82 minutes

    • Rings: Chloranthy Ring +1, Third Dragon Ring, Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2, Delicate String

    • Armor/Equipment: Symbol of Avarice +7, King's Armor +5, Throne Defender's Gauntlets +5, Bone King Skirt +5

    • Shield: Watchdragon Parma +1 (on back) / screenshots suggest i switched to Magic Slumbering Dragoncrest Shield +8 towards the end

    • Weapon: [Dark] Roaring Halberd +5 [Two-Handed]

    • Items/Buffs: N/A

    • Mad Warrior Armor Pieces Collected: 4/5 (the bro never dropped his gauntlets/cuffs...)

    • Method of Area Reset: Aged Feather

    • Bonfire Ascetic Used?: N/A


    started at Belfry Sol approach, climbed ladder (as opposed to, idk, teleporting i guess) - cleared area of black phantom bell keepers all twelve times - Mad Warrior spawned only once during these twelve times. Aged Feather was used every time to reset the area, as opposed to running back to the bonfire.

    the bonfire was only rested at twice, due to taking damage & weapon durability. the area was never traveled away-and-back to. the game was never restarted during the run.

    there was a period of 15-18 resets in which the Mad Warrior did not appear, & shortly after he spawned roughly every other try for the next 8-10 resets.

    sadly, as i was not planning on recording this data, i do not have hard numbers on how many resets it was, exactly.

    however, from the time i began/joined the covenant & started the game in offline mode, & received the Hidden Weapon sorcery, there were 82 minutes logged in-game time on my Steam overlay.

    the Mad Warrior dropped his set in this order: Armor, Mask, Blade, Leggings. the Gauntlets were never acquired in the 30 required invasions to rank up.


    that's all the relevant stuff i've got, i think. if ya'll got any questions let me know, otherwise, take care & don't go hollow, etc. etc. :]

    screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/PZ0ToN8

    submitted by /u/august-jay
    [link] [comments]

    hexes help

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 12:43 AM PST

    so im casting hexes with a circular chime but im loosing souls while doing so...why is that?

    submitted by /u/wisemanhere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment