• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 1, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No, Alluring Skull doesn't work on Bed of Chaos.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    In response to this thread...it's demonstrably false. I'm not sure where the poster got his info, but it doesn't work in either PTDE or Remastered. In fact, as pointed out by /u/HotPocketRemix, BoC has a specific effect that makes it not respond to alluring skulls. So...don't get excited.

    submitted by /u/AinTunez
    [link] [comments]

    My sister drew solaire as an anime girl

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    here

    She just started dark souls and loves solaire so she drew this

    submitted by /u/jpt2342
    [link] [comments]

    I’m in love boys

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    It clicked... I'm in love

    submitted by /u/GodatForHonor
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or was dark souls 1 the best out of them all.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    So after buying the 1st Dark Souls game and completing it, I decided to buy dark souls 2&3 and believe me, they were both great experiences but for some reason, I decided to play Dark Souls 1 again. I don't know why I keep coming back to it, is it because it was the first one I played? Or was it because the lore, the story,the characters,the map, the soundtrack? It all connected perfectly for me and it had the best hub area out of them all.

    submitted by /u/BucketBoiAce
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dark Souls: Remastered

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    Shield parried the last boss to death. Literally have never parried before that lol.

    submitted by /u/eBurding
    [link] [comments]

    Firelink Shrine at night

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Searching for summon and invasions at the same time

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    So I've usually strayed more towards co-op in the past, but I'm starting to get into invading. I have a mechanical question about matchmaking.

    If I put my summon sign down, and I also have say the cat Covenant ring on, am I doubling my chance of getting successfully matched with other players? Or is there some hidden downside to doing this?

    It seems to work. Sometimes I get summoned. Sometimes I invade. But dark souls has some very obtuse mechanics under the hood, especially in regards to online. Is there any know quirk about this combo that I may be unaware of? Or is it just generally a good thing to do if you wanna play online?

    Edit: Will leaving myself open to being invaded myself further increase my chances of online play?

    submitted by /u/Grossmeat
    [link] [comments]

    Nothing to lose

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    Die once, and you have everything to lose. Die twice, and you have nothing to lose. Other games — and life itself — don't afford you the opportunity to experiences those emotional swings. This game is a masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/laze00
    [link] [comments]

    How Would You Rank the Soulsborne Games?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    Here's my personal ranking:

    1. Dark Souls
    2. Bloodborne
    3. Sekiro
    4. Dark Souls 3
    5. Demon's Souls
    6. Dark Souls 2
    submitted by /u/DossonCharles
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Dark Souls! What a journey!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    I finished it a couple of moments ago and oh boy was it good! I had so much fun playing it and it will certainly have a special place in my heart! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer gladly! \ [T] /

    submitted by /u/Theod2603
    [link] [comments]

    Skeletons, is it just me, or is Gwyndolin kinda... y'know...

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    I'm not saying it, but you understand what I mean. But seriously. Just me? I see the appeal. Definitely could use a visit from time to time. Goddamn somebody make a mod where you can enter Gwyndolin's infinite hallway without him turning hostile.

    submitted by /u/Arcerius_The_Brave
    [link] [comments]

    The euphoria of unexpected BK weapons

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    I just started a new build today. I said fuck it and decided to go for a stone greatsword build, a weapon I have never used and thought could be fun. Sword and Greatsword black knight were both empty, but cut to dark root basin. It was a tough fight against the Black Knight down there, but once he died, Lo and Behold I had gotten his weapon. Fuck the stone greatsword, it's BK Halberd time. Nothing is greater than getting an early BK weapon and changing your build immediately

    submitted by /u/nickaltaccount
    [link] [comments]

    The Gravelording Experience

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Low level gravelording in the depths today. The waits are ~5 mins so not too bad. But every single time I get an invader, we start to fight, and immediately another person invades, and they 2v1 my ass to death. Good times.

    submitted by /u/tyrantAML
    [link] [comments]

    Firekeeper dead

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    So I just rang the 2nd bell of awakening and got the blighttown firekeeper soul. But when I arrived, the firelink flame was put out and firekeeper dead. What the hell happened? Is the firelink shrine now just dead and I have to use 5 +2 Estus for the rest of the game?

    submitted by /u/Mister_LK
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny Onion Knight

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/dE2t2Mo

    Made a little Siegmeyer to go with the Solaire I made a while back!

    submitted by /u/MolaInTheMedica
    [link] [comments]

    I feel betrayed.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    I beat Dark Souls today. It is undoubtedly my favourite game of all time so far. It has one incredibly crucial problem though:

    Who decided to make it this easy to get the Dark Lord ending? Why? WHY?!

    I wanted to do some other things in order to prepare for new game plus after beating gwyn. I step through the door and BOOM! All these serpents are waiting for me calling me their "Lord". FUCK YOU I'M NOT YOUR GODDAMN LORD YOU KAATHE OR WHATEVER THE FUCKING FUCK FUCK YOUR GODDAMN NAME IS.

    I happily put in 96 hours of my life to complete the game, and accidentally betrayed gwynevere, poor solaire and all the others? I wasted 96 hours! 4 days! Now I'm doing new game plus with the same character with the hopes of beating the game again and hopefully getting some closure.

    This was like having the best sex of your life, but as you climax, you feel absolutely nothing. No endorphins, no dopamine, no nothing. It kind of broke my heart. I literally feel hollow.

    Edit: I thought I knew the lore of this game, but I didn't. I do now. I got (in my opinion) the good ending. I feel much better.

    submitted by /u/honhahoie
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 Log, Day 2: The Four Lord Souls

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    (Summary at the end)

    Killing the Optional Bosses

    Coming off the back off OnS, I decided to do some cleanup around Lordran. First of all, I threw a throwing knife at Gwynevere (aiming with the binoculars, which was the only reason that I was using using them), killing her. That then opened the door to Gwyndolin, and I went in and killed him. After that, I went back to the undead asylum and killed the Stray Demon, taking a random doll from a cell on the way out. Back in Lordran, I killed the Hydra and got my armour (antiquated dress + antiquated gloves + antiquated skirt, or in other words, I am a pretty princess). Then I entered the painting and killed Priscilla. After that, I went back to fight the Taurus Demon, and I one-shot him with a plunging attack (1802 damage), and that was the end of the Lordran Cleanup.

    Bosses:

    • Dark Sun Gwyndolin (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Stray Demon (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Crossbreed Priscilla (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Taurus Demon (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)

    Life Soul (Bed of Chaos)

    My first of the lord souls was the life soul, belonging to the bed of chaos. I went through demon ruins, without anything special happening. I did the Ceaseless cheese, then I killed the Demon Firesage and the Centipede Demon, without a death to any of the three. After that, I ran through Lost Izalith, grabbing the secret bonfire. After that, I killed the Bed of Chaos after one death, and got the Life Soul.

    Bosses:

    • Ceaseless Discharge (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Demon Firesage (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Centipede Demon (0 deaths, 1 less than prediction)
    • Bed of Chaos (1 death, equivalent to prediction)

    Light Soul Shard (Four Kings)

    I warped back to the Undead Parish and walked through the Darkroot Garden. I killed the moonlight butterfly and then killed Sif after one death. After killing Sif and getting the covenant of Artorias, I proceeded to kill the Four Kings after 1 death, and I got a shard of the Light Soul that had once belonged to Gwyn.

    Bosses:

    • Moonlight Butterfly (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Great Grey Wolf Sif (1 death, 1 more than prediction)
    • Four Kings (1 death, equivalent to prediction)

    Light Soul Shard (Seath the Scaleless)

    I then warped to Anor Londo and killed the two boars protecting Seath's Archives. After that, I ran through the opening area and got killed by Seath (compulsory deaths like this do not count towards the death counters). After that, I seemed to have been put in prison. I mean, I don't get it! I only murdered a few hundred people! In what world does that put me in prison? Anyways, the guards were kind of sloppy, so I killed one of them and took the key to my prison off his corpse. After I escaped, some amazing music started playing. After that, I ran past a lot of enemies (by a lot, I mean a lot), and then I fell a bunch in the Crystal Caves, and died once to Seath. After that, I killed him, and claimed yet another Life Soul Shard.

    Bosses:

    • Seath the Scaleless (1 death, equivalent to prediction)

    Death Soul (Gravelord Nito)

    After that, I travelled into the catacombs, did the drop, threw an alluring skull (that did nothing), and then went in and killed pinwheel (I must say, it wasn't easy, and I barely managed to scrape the victory). I then travelled through the pitch-black Tomb of the Giants. After that, some guy pushed me down a hole, and that was a bit rude. Down there, I saw a woman. She asked me to kill some people, and so I did it, but I didn't want any witnesses, lest I be put in prison again, so I killed her too. After that, I killed leeroy then died to Nito. Because of that, I went back and got a reinforced club +5 to kill the skeletons with, and after that, the fight was super easy. I killed Nito and took his death soul.

    Bosses:

    • Pinwheel (0 deaths, 28 less than prediction)
    • Gravelord Nito (2 deaths, equivalent to prediction)

    Summary

    Bosses killed:

    • Dark Sun Gwyndolin (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Stray Demon (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Crossbreed Priscilla (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Taurus Demon (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Ceaseless Discharge (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Demon Firesage (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Centipede Demon (0 deaths, 1 less than prediction)
    • Bed of Chaos (1 death, equivalent to prediction)
    • Moonlight Butterfly (0 deaths, equivalent to prediction)
    • Great Grey Wolf Sif (1 death, 1 more than prediction)
    • Four Kings (1 death, equivalent to prediction)
    • Seath the Scaleless (1 death, equivalent to prediction)
    • Pinwheel (0 deaths, 28 less than prediction)
    • Gravelord Nito (2 deaths, equivalent to prediction)

    Deaths today: 25

    Total deaths: 45

    Total playtime: 9:02:36

    submitted by /u/FunSouls
    [link] [comments]

    Undead Parish Invasions

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    What's up with the Dark Bead invasions before Tarus demon? Like I've had 5 DIFFERENT people invade using just that.

    submitted by /u/End_Fear
    [link] [comments]

    I got past the red dragon on the bridge and killed the armored boar

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    How to Dark Souls?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    I am about to start my first ever playthrough with Dark Souls 1 Prepare to Die Edition on PC. I've heard that it is quite the expansive game and I am scared to go in without any knowledge. Do you guys have any tips to make my experience as unfrustrating as possible?

    submitted by /u/Eure_Rothaarigkeit
    [link] [comments]

    Homeward Bones after exiting the Painted World

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    If the last bonfire I rested at was Firelink, and I go into the painted world, when I leave and use a homeward bone, will I go to the Anor Londo Bonfire or Firelink?

    Lemme explain a little. My next character is a role-play character, and I forgot to pick up some items I want for it from the painted world.

    So on my last character which just got to NG+ I made a run straight for the painted world. I didn't sit at any bonfires except for firelink. I used the Sen's Skip to get to Anor Londo quickly, and I am about to enter the painting.

    The wiki says that using a homeward bone after leaving the painted world will return you to the Anor Londo Bonfire. I wonder if it says this tho just because that is usually the last bonfire the player has rested at.

    If the wiki is right, I'm screwed, because the door to Sen's is still closed, and I have no way to get back to firelink and trade over my items.

    If the wiki is wrong, I can sit at the bonfire inside the painted world, become human and fight Jeremiah, and then bone back to firelink.

    Does anyone know how this works? I guess I just have to try it and see what happens.

    submitted by /u/Grossmeat
    [link] [comments]

    Hardest, Best, and Worst Boss For You?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    Which bosses do you guys think are the hardest, best, and worst for you guys?

    Mine are:

    1. Hardest - Kalameet
    2. Best - Ornstein and Smough
    3. Worst - Bed of Bullshit
    submitted by /u/DossonCharles
    [link] [comments]

    Poor poor Havel...I'm gonna miss you buddy.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Stoic and holding the line for eternity. Waiting in his totally unfurnished man cave. Not a Foosball table in sight. Left behind in his fortress of solitude a Superman in his own right. Waiting for a milquetoast coward like me to come and poison him through the door. Poor bastard, what a waste of a life.

    As I was watching his health count down from the safety of Darkroot. I started really thinking about what the undead experience in Lordran must be like. What a shit show that place is.

    submitted by /u/flush_the_torlet
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment