• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just died to Gwyn on a deathless run...

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    The title says it all.

    Bed of Chaos? Done. Seath? Done. 4 Kings? Done. Nito? Done.

    aLL I hAvE tO Do iS pArRy

    I parried the first attack and then only did a tenth of his health with the riposte.

    I got in my head.

    So now I am typing on my keyboard about how I failed rather than how I completed my first deathless run.

    Time to begin another run tomorrow. That will be the one. The one who makes it.

    #Gwynisasteamypileofshitwhoihatewithallofmyheartjkiloveyougwynsikebitchidontatall

    submitted by /u/KaprisunOG
    [link] [comments]

    This game has really great power progression that I think the sequels don't do as well

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    What I mean by power progression (couldn't think of a better term) is the way that your character actually faces stronger and more important foes as the game goes on. When you reach Firelink Shrine the Crestfallen Warrior literally makes fun of you and says you're going to die.

    Everything that you do for the next chunk of the game is something that has been done by other undead before. You go through a normal undead city and kill a demon that is a regular being in Izalith. You also kill the gargoyles but those seem to be normal in Anor Londo as well.

    As you progress you reach more difficult and monumental foes. Once you beat another regular old demon you actually face off against a dragon, however the dragon is weakened and starved, a shell of what it once was. You go deeper and kill one of the daughters of Izalith, a huge figure in the lore. This is the first example of an actually important being that you have personally ended.

    Now that you've rang both bells of awakening, people start taking notice of you. The Crestfallen Warrior expresses surprise at your success, and Frampt awakens to tell you to go to Anor Londo. However you're still not that important. Many others have ventured into Sen's Fortress and got trapped or killed.

    You ascend Sen's Fortress and kill the Iron Golem, a literal test made by the gods to deem your worthiness. You're taken to Anor Londo, and, after much difficulty and error, eventually manage to bring down one of the Four Knights of Gwyn and his partner.

    And it is at this point that you have proven yourself. Gwynevere heralds your arrival and gives you the Lordvessel as a physical representation of how far you've come. Frampt pronounces you the Chosen Undead and awaits your inevitable linking of the flame.

    From here on out the progression is obviously less linear and the player chooses in what order to kill the Lords, but I don't think that matters. You've already done what so many others couldn't. Where other undead gave up and went hollow, you persevered. And it feels rewarding as hell.

    I don't think Dark Souls 2 and 3 really do this anywhere near as well (and 3 doesn't even really seem to attempt it). Characters obviously tell you you're going to die at the beginning of Dark Souls 2, but the Emerald Herald believes you to be the Monarch already. Similarly, as soon as you reach Firelink in Dark Souls 3 your fate is already determined. The Fire Keeper is literally bound to you, you're already put in a position of going on to link the flame (or not).

    Something that honestly bothers me in Dark Souls 3 is how easily you dispatch of important and powerful characters. You kill Gundyr, the previous champion (but admittedly he is worn down and weakened) then kill Vordt, one of the greatest outrider knights of Irithyll (which is literally Anor Londo, so kind of a big deal). By the time you reach irithyll you've already killed the Abyss Watchers, a powerful legion that could topple kingdoms on their own, and Wolnir, one of the greatest conquerors in history.

    I understand that there's an idea that these beings are not in their prime, and some like the Abyss Watchers have been brought back because the flame beckons them. But it wasn't until the second bell of awakening in Dark Souls 1 that you even killed a boss that was named. The other bosses before were just regular monsters that happened to be stronger than the other monsters you face.

    Sorry for making this so long but I wanted to get it out. It seems that we forget how great of a first playthrough Dark Souls 1 is because we've played it so much, but I think it truly makes you feel like you are earning your power and respect as you play through the game.

    submitted by /u/Xenokinetic
    [link] [comments]

    Soul Level 1 run

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    So i have just beaten darksouls remasterd all bosses with soul level 1deathless. My hands are shaking.

    submitted by /u/Silberwolff
    [link] [comments]

    I Got The Platinum Trophy!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    After many playthroughs, after hundreds of deaths, after going through the same file 4 times over... I finally did it. 100%. Platinum trophy. I achieved what many young hollows could barely hope for, for they were too weak to continue, but the few of us that persevered, who beat every boss, who showed Dark Souls that WE WERE THE CHOSEN UNDEAD, kind of makes me tear up when I think about it. We've been slaying bosses since 2009 when we were young Slayers of Demons, and look how far we've gotten. For many, just completing the game once was enough for them. Hell, it was enough for me. But I kept coming back to that same file I beat the game with...

    Over and over again, I beat the game. I realized after beating NG+ that I had many of the trophies for the game, and I now had both of the game's endings.

    I kept going, beating NG++ with no issues, and managing to get the remaining trophy count down to 5. I needed a max level divine weapon (i used my slab on occult+5 and didnt get the white slab in the first 2 playthroughs) and all of the miracles, pyromancies, sorceries, and rare weapons.

    And here I am now, in NG++++, and I finished everything. 4 playthroughs. If you were one of the few Chosen Undead that rose to the challenge and beat the game, I congratulate you, but I also hope that this post inspires you to return and get that platinum. Just remember... neither of us want you going full-hollow on us...

    submitted by /u/ChickenChocobo
    [link] [comments]

    i just beat o&s for the first time

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    i was actually stuck for a while and almost quit, but i finally beat them last night

    submitted by /u/PizzaTimewithbacon
    [link] [comments]

    Found this old screenshot, gotta be one of the most depressing moments in my dark souls career.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    The Chosen Undead *Better quality*

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/AUxfekR

    Can u guess the atire? His name is "The Guardian"

    Also have one for the Bearer of The Curse on my profile.

    submitted by /u/SoulGardian
    [link] [comments]

    Siegmeyer - Rest in peace my friend

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    He wasn't just an NPC - no, he was family. Hope and confidence, whenever I met him. In very dark times he was always a loyal friend, someone I was happy to help out regularly and who returned the favor with what he could spare.

    Yesterday I met him one last time - in Lost Izalith. And he was ready to sacrifice his life for me in the fight against the demons. All the dithering and struggling was forgotten when he threw himself into the fight. I jumped after him, hardly having time to prepare the next fight.

    He did not see death coming, for it came unexpectedly, completely unprepared from his own ranks and hit him in the back. My axe sliced his armour like a kitchen knife slicing an onion. It was an accident!

    An accident, I deeply regret.

    submitted by /u/Catze2k2
    [link] [comments]

    Which Souls game is the best for the punching build (like Caestus or Dragon Bone Fist)?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    I've played all Souls games 5-6 times, but there are still 4 types of weapons that I've never used: bows/crossbows, whips, spears and fist weapons. I would like to try something new and fist weapons looks really fun to play, so there is my question: in which Souls game fist weapons have the most interesting moveset/gameplay? Sometimes there is a huge difference between playing some weapons in different games, like scythes in Dark Souls 2 (meh) and Friede's Scythe in Dark Souls 3 (probably the most amazing weapon I've seen). Dark Souls 2 looks especially tempting, because it have a dual wielding moveset as well.

    Other than fist weapons, are any other types of weapons I haven't used (bows, spears, whips) are interesting in any DS game?

    submitted by /u/Shakq92
    [link] [comments]

    How should I upgrade my second Balder Side Sword?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    So basically I already have one Balder Side Sword that I'm trying to get to +15, but while doing a little backtracking I got a second one. I kinda want to use it as a secondary weapon but I'm not sure what upgrade path would be best for it.

    submitted by /u/_cobocope_
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to collect as much lore about bonfires as possible, specifically that would apply to DS1 and Fire Keepers

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    I'm writing a Dark Souls fanfiction based around one of my OCs who's obsessed with bonfires and lighting as many of them as possible, with the First Flame eventually being the "ultimate bonfire". So, I'm looking to find as much information about them as possible. Most notably:

    Where did they come from?

    What's the significance of the Coiled Swords?

    What purpose do Fire Keepers actually serve, aside from upgrading Estus?

    Do you have to have some disability to be a Fire Keeper? (Anastacia is mute, Fair Lady is the freaking Fair Lady, Darkmoon Knightess is hideously deformed, Irina and the Fire Keeper are both blind. Old Ladies and Emerald Herald in 2 don't actually fit the bill for Fire Keepers, mechanically speaking, but EH was also known to be a failed product)

    Is there any particular reason why the Fire Keepers are all female?

    Do bonfires exist outside of lands of Undeath?

    And any other lore bits that are thought of in the process

    submitted by /u/Wkaota
    [link] [comments]

    What dont you like?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    So I love this game but the gripes I have with it are - The NPC encounters without guides a lot you would miss like seigward in certain spots - Not enough upgrade parts for the +10 or further if you wanted to change weapon path. - Two sanctuary Guardians feels like ds2 boss. Far too much and makes you want to cheese it.

    What gripes do you have?

    submitted by /u/Affectionate_Ad3560
    [link] [comments]

    In your opinion, what is the best hub are in the Dark Souls franchise?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Now for me it is really hard because I love the Firelink Shrine in the first game it gave you that sweet soundtrack and it is hard to believe that the soundtrack could make you feel equal measures of safe and overwhelmingly hopeless and the people you encountered there. Oh it is just so damn good. Now for the second Dark Souls game, I think is was a great idea being in a tree speaking to the elders inside but having them laughing at you thinking you could not do it and the walking outside of the treehouse and releasing your journey begins but the soundtrack made you feel like: Isn't it so calm here? why not just sit down and let yourself go hollow? . Dark Souls 3 Firelink Shrine, I loved the soundtrack there too it made you also feel like: Aren't you so very tired? why do you go on? But I did not like how you could warp between bonfires 30 minutes into the game and everything was already there and you did not have to travel to blacksmiths and merchants.

    submitted by /u/BucketBoiAce
    [link] [comments]

    Did Patches and Paladin Leroy have an encounter?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    I'm in the catacombs rn and I can see that I can summon Leroy while patches is still there to push the lever, why didn't Patches kill Leroy in some devious way? Theories?

    submitted by /u/Hriczo
    [link] [comments]

    Switch error negating all co-op? Anyone experience this?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    So I was fighting Bed if Chaos with a friend, everytime he would kill the boss I got an error message and the date closed. I ended up beating it solo, but since then I cannot summon or be summoned.

    I've made sure password is right, I'm human, area boss not defeated etc. All the normal co-op problems have been triple checked. I've had a few different players try to summon me and vice versa.

    I've started a new character and I'm going to see if I can co-op. I've reset the game, my Switch, my router. It's fairly upsetting...

    submitted by /u/HAIL_SATAN_DO_DRUGS
    [link] [comments]

    Ng+ idea

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    At the end of your Ng+ playthrough, if you linked the fire in your first run, instead of Gwyn you get to face yourself with some extra moves added by the game.

    submitted by /u/alufart
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to use the dark hand

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    On my NG+ after beating the game for the first time, and I found out that you could get humanity with the dark hand, which I had from my previous playthrough. Apparently NPCs wouldn't become hostile if I used it on them, so I went on to try it on Crestfallen Warrior. Didn't work the first time, so I went for it again, and again, and the third time he got angry and started attacking me. Took me a couple of tries cause he kept parrying but by the time I killed him, I was not sorry. So then I went and tried it on the fat guy (whose name I can't remember), and it worked then. No idea why it didn't work with crestfallen, so could I have some pointers on how to use it without needing to kill anyone it doesn't work on?

    submitted by /u/Webhead3893
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon slayer spear

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    What stats do I need to two hand this thing, I've got 20 str, 12 dex, and 50 faith

    submitted by /u/HoTxBiT
    [link] [comments]

    What is an Undead?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    Life, death, human, undead, hollow, cursed...so many states of being in these games, they kinda overwhelmed me at first.

    What worked for me was thinking of the Undead as another way of saying the living, but with the caveat that they carry or bear the Darksign.

    To me this signifies a person aware of the fact they will die. "Accursed" as in "circled," bound, by fate. "This is your fate" the narrator opens. But over the course of the game, does that fate ever really change? You end as you began — in a cell.

    Curious what conclusions others have come to as to what it means to be Undead, in Lordran and in life.

    submitted by /u/entry_level_twitch
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Stray Demon

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    I have never struggled with any other boss up until that point

    No matter how fast ı am he hits me and when he does its game over,there is no way for me to recover.

    submitted by /u/emirsezen2509
    [link] [comments]

    So, tip tricks and what is different in this game compared to DS3 what should I know and forget.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    So I have finished DS3 and Sekiro. So I am quite adept in the combat of DS1. I still get killed a lot but bosses are not "super hard". Even tho I have some fromsoft expirience both games I have played are very linear and in DS1 I tend to not know what to do where to go or anything. I don't want a guide I just want to understand this game.

    So what concepts of DS1 should I know and what concepts of DS3 should I forget when playing this game?

    I have already beaten queen lag, the gargoyles the moonlight butterfly, and pinwheel(he killed me). Among other bosses. I just open the gate to Sens fortress and I am having quite a nightmare here. My hits deal 32damage to the snakes(I dont know if thats normal) My estust revive me less than 1/4 of life(is this normal?) I have 10 estus with me. Any questions to better help me just let me know. I dont want a guide or spoilers or walthrough. I just want main game concepts I am unaware and maybe some secrets that most players dont get to learn on their own

    submitted by /u/gagrecco03
    [link] [comments]

    The Great Club breaks this game

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    I'm doing a "caveman" run as I like to call it, it is basically my character naked and only having a club, and man, everything in this game is basically one shotted by the Great Club. I thought that being completely naked except for a club would make the game more challenging. However, this weapon makes any enemy a total pushover. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I feel like Im cheating using it.

    As a final regard, I'm certain the Gwyn fight will be tough, due to a combination of him moving like a Bloodborne character and the club's wind up time and also the fact that I'll probably be using Smough's Hammer.

    submitted by /u/TheHarryman01
    [link] [comments]

    Does puting the crystal infusion on shields do anything beneficial?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    I've seen pro pvpers do this before, but does it even do anything good?

    submitted by /u/evil_vagrant
    [link] [comments]

    Darkroot or Sen’s first?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    I'm sure this question has been asked/answered before, but I just beat Quelaag and was curious what people thought. I think I did Darkroot first the first time I played.

    submitted by /u/Gargar7422
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment