• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get back to Majula, whoops

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    I've been testing different runs lately, and discovered something I've never noticed before:

    If you go immediately to Heide's Tower of Flame without tagging the Majula bonfire, but tag a Heide bonfire, and then die (I fell off during the Dragonrider cheese, lol) you're essentially stuck in Heide without a way to return to Majula. The tunnel connecting the two areas only has a switch on the Majula side. The only way to return would be to venture forward and kill The Lost Sinner to use the primal bonfire.

    This ruined the run I was going for, granted I was only about 10 minutes in, lol. Still, I found this mildly interesting since I never ran into the problem before.

    submitted by /u/brentdclouse
    [link] [comments]

    Throne of Want Death Stats

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Deaths from

    • Throne Watcher: 0
    • Throne Defender: 0
    • Nashandra: 4
    • Aldia: 1 (I'm embarrassed)
    • That Ledge: 7

    Pretty sure the ledge is the true boss of Throne of Want.

    EDIT: Oh, you're meant to destroy the wisps in the Nashandra fight? This is the problem with wearing the black witch set: you keep on missing any mechanic that involves curse.

    submitted by /u/Phaedo
    [link] [comments]

    The Bearer of the Curse

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/RJyuvzm

    He is known as the "Dim Heir", the costume is pretty easy to decypher.

    I also have one for the Chosen Undead on my profile.

    submitted by /u/SoulGardian
    [link] [comments]

    Should I restart my character? (Sorcerer newbie advice)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I beat DSR with a warrior and decided to try a sorcerer class to mix it up with DS2. I went in blind and was doing okay dodging attacks and relying on casting and the melee combo. All my points have gone into VIT and INT (20 total Int). Forest of the Fallen Giants has gotten really rough after the second bonfire. I was hoping leveling INT would make my spells more powerful or give me additional attunements but the damage not there and i keep dying. I cracked and looked up a guide and some advice suggests leveling up STR and DEX to equip a quality sword and shield.

    My concerns with that are I will be so high level in the FotFG and mobs are starting to disappear! I die very easily as a sorcerer and it's getting towards controller throwing annoyance. I need about 9 more levels to probably equip the fire sword and a shield, I feel that is going to trivialize the early game with all those levels and not make it satisfying. However, having a character that dies within 2-3 hits without sufficient damage output is also really annoying. Do things get better or should I try another class or re-leveling a new sorcerer?

    submitted by /u/BlackerOps
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to grind out some Sunlight Medals?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    I'm trying to get as much progress towards the platinum as I can before moving on to NG+. Want to wrap it up by doing the Heirs of Sunlight and Bell Covenant to get their spells. I have boned myself and overlevelled it would seem, can't get summoned by sunbros... soul memory is 5.5M, if anyone else needs them and is in range for the engraved ring (so I think that's down to 2M souls memory and up quite a large amount). Anyone in the proper range and want to kill some bosses?

    Edit: I'm on Xbox One

    submitted by /u/TheJoben
    [link] [comments]

    It's over. It's done. No death/No bonfire

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    Phew! I can finally breath. I was holding my breath for four and a half hours. Or at least, that's what it felt like. I did it, fellow undead. After 8 attempts I did the nd/nb on an NG character. And i want to point out it was NG because a week ago I did it on NG++.

    On NG++, it was very easy because I had all the equipment I was going to need. Too bad I accidentaly sat on the far fire while trying to talk to the emerald herald and lost the ring of the exalted. I still didnt rest on another bonfire but it was ultimately pointless.

    My thoughts: It was amazing. Trying to find new ways to overcome obstacles that were never there on a normal run. Durability was never an issue but now its a matter of life and death. After this, the whole game feels like a joke in difficulty (maybe except the DLCs). The adrenaline rush was real. Although it was extremely frustrating, almost to the point of tears, when I spent 1 hour on a character and the an enemy pushes me of a cliff (multiple times), it was good to feel weak and small and conquer big things with a hand axe. It actually felt like an accomplishment.

    I have a lot to say but I'm going to write a book if I start. So, ask me anything you like. (Details, tips).

    A few weeks ago, I also got all the achievements but I didnt want to make a separate post so I'm adding it here. I really like talking about this game so, again, feel free to ask here or DM me for questions.

    I have to celebrate with someone. None of the people I know play video games.

    Cheers!

    Edit: I want to add the best piece of advice I got for such situations. I dont remember who said it. maybe it was on an old reddit post.
    "Dont be proud. Exploit every game weakness you know of, because the game will sure as hell exploit yours."

    submitted by /u/survivetosee
    [link] [comments]

    Dude, a lightning Murakumo slaps

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    Never really used the murakumo for some reason but I knew I wanted to try a different build so I went with faith/dex this time around. Rushed to the murakumo, infused it and I'm slapping some gosh darn cheeks with that thing. The one handed r1's are especially awesome against groups and the heavy attacks are basically greataxe r1's. How could it get any better?

    submitted by /u/bellystraw
    [link] [comments]

    Which stat should I level up for a heavy character?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    My first character was a mess that used light armor, my second was a caster that only upgraded attunement, intelligence and faith. I wanted my third character to be one of those characters I see in videos that build heavy armor and a heavy weapon in two hands, which stats should I level for that?

    submitted by /u/TheBestCCIsDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Brume Tower - Soul of Nadalia

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    I defeated Fume Knight recently (and goodness, he was really difficult) and now about to fight Sir Alonne but before that, I want to destroy all the ashen idols and obtain the complete soul of Nadalia but I can't find any more Iron rods that are needed to destroy them. I already have 11 fragments of her soul.

    submitted by /u/Quantam-Law
    [link] [comments]

    zoikoikum's obscure Dark Souls facts videos

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    I recently wrote some beginner tips in another post and I realized that stuff I consider "well-known" isn't as well-known as I thought.

    I won't repeat myself here, but I thought I'd link to the Youtube channel of zoikoikum who has done amazing work compiling really obscure facts about the trilogy. It's a delight to learn stuff like Navlaan being the one caster NPC without a back-up shortsword, that Archdrakes can't be parried for some reason and that Agdayne has a unique grab attack. Check it out!

    submitted by /u/Kerrik52
    [link] [comments]

    Welp, beat Danklooker

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Okay, he IS the toughest boss in the entire game, but also the coolest...besides Raime and Ding Dong Man.

    submitted by /u/Sigma-Boi
    [link] [comments]

    I Finally Beat Fume Knight

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I just beat fume knight last night after 3 attempts. He seemed very predictable this time? I made an uncounted number of attempts about a week ago and decided that I needed a break. But this time, I managed first phase taking 0 hits, and second taking 1.

    The sense of accomplishment that this game makes me feel is insane. I don't remember last time I sweat so much playing a dark souls game.

    submitted by /u/EngiPier
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I BEAT DARK SOULS 2! (27hrs and a bunch of memories made) and the credit music is amazing!

    submitted by /u/FrogSouls
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone here tried a "pseudo SL1"/ADP only run

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Basically all the restrictions of an SL1 run but you're allowed to level ADP as much as you want

    Anyone ever try something like this? I imagine it would actually make quite a difference Since you wouldn't have to worry about the peasant set so you could actually wear armor. Plus the obvious advantage of having more I frames

    submitted by /u/jasonryu
    [link] [comments]

    For a hexer, which are good weapons? Plus a few other doubts

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Is the black witch staff worth it? Currently with a +10 witchtree branch and omw to boost the sunset staff fully.

    Also, for melee weps. Currently I have a magic mace and fire longsword, but the black knight axe is...tempting to say the least. Which are interesting ones to roll with?

    submitted by /u/Sigma-Boi
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuer Boss chickened out

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I'm currently running through NG+ and when I got to the Pursuer's Boss room, he didn't spawn, I just walked right through and went into the nest. Any ideas on why this happened? I originally entered The Lost Bastille through No Man's Warf and I've fought the weaker versions in all their normal places so far minus the dog courtyard in The Lost Bastille and on the ramparts in The Forest of Fallen Giants.

    EDIT: the pursuer boss room also didn't have a fog wall, don't remember if there is one originally or not, so take that with a grain of salt

    submitted by /u/BlazeFire1777
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 Online Meta for 2020 and beyond!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Hello guys, I've made a subreddit dedicated to establishing a meta for Dark Souls 2 so that new players and experienced players can maximize their chances of successful online matchmaking in 2020 the meta would be 185000 - 1999999 Soul Memory and Soul Level 150. The subreddit is specifically for Xbox One although feel free to make one for Pc and PS4.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2SotfsXbxOne/

    submitted by /u/UndeadBabylonian
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Eye Orbs

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Should I just sell them or keep them in the hopes that someone becomes a sinner?

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    [ps4] [sotfs] [shadedwoods] [ds2]

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Any one wanna coop shaded woods with me i hate the area sm 65k

    submitted by /u/keyzz1416
    [link] [comments]

    About Dragon Knights And Summons

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    From what I've read, apparently Dragon Knights aggro if you summon someone. With that in mind, is there a good spot to summon someone that will minimize the attack by the scalies? I assume in the hallway before the Ancient Dragon?

    Also, if you aggro one once, will they be aggroed again upon respawn?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/NuDavid
    [link] [comments]

    I figured out a pretty reliable loop for Ancient Dragon

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Well, it's probably already known, but I figured this out the other day. If you hit to the side of his front paw, you can loop him pretty reliably.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ueQzCOYqQ

    submitted by /u/bokuwahmz
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go after old iorn king

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Havent kill any of the other lords, where do I go now? Tge room after altar was closed so... please help!

    submitted by /u/AlexanderHamBoyy
    [link] [comments]

    What are the bosses required for Shrine of Winter again?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    I killed the Lost Sinner, which ones do I need to kill next? I do have Huntsman's unlocked, and ready for Shaded woods

    submitted by /u/InfamousGhost07
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Ring of Blades applied twice if dual wielding?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment