• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My GF got a Firelink Shrine cake for my 21st birthday ����

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Why the land where ds1 happens is called "Lordran"

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    It's because the Lords ran away from their houses after Gwyn fucked up, hence why it's called "Lord ran"

    submitted by /u/Uplook_Wargayte
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, for the first time, i beat Gwyn Lord of Cinder

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    Finally managed to get the pattern and strat down to parry and riposte effectively and i gotta say. This is the most satisfying game completion ive ever gotten

    submitted by /u/Undercookednibba
    [link] [comments]

    Centipede Demon flew through the roof and fucking died

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    First time DSR player here. I just beat the Demon Fire Sage and unlocked the elevator back to quelaags domain. I went down and started to fight the Centipede Demon. Naturally, I died the first time trying to learn his moves, but on the second attempt, I was running around the edge of the arena trying to evade him and he did the move where he jumps in the air and slams back down......except..he didn't slam back down. Turns out he clipped out of the map and about 30 secs later, "Victory Achieved" popped on my screen. I'm not gonna lie, kinda disappointed but also relieved cus he looked like a pain in the ass.

    TL;DR: See title

    submitted by /u/JohnMorrison55
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls succeeded at the “Grim” aspect of Grimdark

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Before ringing the second bell, I really though I had it all figured out, collecting "Friends" at the Firelink shrine.

    After the ringing occurred, however, all went to shit. As a wise man once said: "When you think you've got it all covered up, things go to hell"

    •Laurentius went off to the Blightown (I really hope he's okay, since I find him to be one of the only kind characters).

    •The Firekeeper has been killed by someone

    •Crestfallen Warrior is gone. I always found his complaining to be somewhat reassuring, like it was something I was familiar with.

    And despite leveling up, it ended with me feeling so...hopeless. But I suppose that's what you are to expect from a game literally named Dark Souls

    submitted by /u/Girou-Diriou
    [link] [comments]

    Which miracle does Capra Demon uses?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Wrath of the dogs...

    submitted by /u/hyze101
    [link] [comments]

    The hardest thing about this series...

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Is being 14 years old playing it for the first time and having to frantically explain to your mom during a bossfight that you can't pause the game.

    submitted by /u/Soixante_Huitard
    [link] [comments]

    I fought the Gaping Dragon today for the first time today

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    Didn't phase me. But on my return to Firelink seeing Frampt,

    That, THAT is true fear

    submitted by /u/MiddleExchange
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I'm not doing enough damage. Did I build myself wrong?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    I'm trying to play through Dark Souls for the first time after beating 3 a few times. I've downed Bed of Chaos and I've been trying to get into Duke's Archives but I feel like I'm not doing nearly enough damage. I'm level 71 with 35 DEX, 11 STR and 18 INT. I've been using Quelaag's Furysword +4, Ricard's Rapier+10 and Velka's Rapier +4 along with a +10 Longbow. I'll be honest I started this build assuming something akin to the sharp infusion existed in dark souls and now I feel like I've made a huge mistake by not doing a quality build or something else

    submitted by /u/the_lazy_sloth
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you invader b

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    After trudging through demons and 3 invaders in Demon Ruins, you invaded, waved, danced with me as we spammed block and then went ahead and showed me where the remainder demons and worms were along with the large ember before saying goodbye and taking a dive off a cliff, gifting me precious souls. I had been frustrated beyond imagination but you made the remainder of Demon Ruins fun and managed to get me out of my slump. I love this community. Thank you invader b.

    submitted by /u/mar_mar_binks12
    [link] [comments]

    With how large Gwynevere, Gwyn, and Gwyndolin are, does anyone else find it strange how small the bedrooms in Anor Londo are?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    The ceiling is low and the beds are human sized. Who slept here, since it's obviously too small for the gods?

    submitted by /u/N44K00
    [link] [comments]

    I had a moment in a battle with smough and ornstein that felt straight out of a comedy.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    I was hiding behind a pillar as smough came running at me I dodged his attack and I couldn't see ornstein and thought "wait where is ornstein?". Then I'm lifted off my feet with his spear in my back and thought "there he is".

    submitted by /u/failedrelic
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias fan art (first pixel art ever)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    I made fan art of the Abyss Walker in pixel style, this was also my first time making pixel art. It's really the best thing in the world but I hope you like it :)

    Link to image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XjCGIanjdKD5unYebb5BvLvVJj-K6meX/view?usp=drivesdk

    submitted by /u/Seek37_
    [link] [comments]

    lore links?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    anybody have a link or two where i can read up on the souls lore? i'm a brand new player, and i need to know these things.

    submitted by /u/ogbeardboy
    [link] [comments]

    I really want to get into DS,but I keep giving up on it

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    I've been trying to get into the series a couple of times over the past two years,but I've never managed to "stay" with it. Point is,I really like what Dark Souls has to offer,the world design,the memes,the whack PvP builds etc. But every time I'd actually try to play some of the games myself, I'd put them aside pretty quickly,forget about Dark Souls completely,if not for the occasional meme vid that pops up in my recommended, making me think to myself "Damn,I should try Dark Souls again.",rinse and repeat.

    For some reason, whenever I play it,it leaves me overwhelmed,weirdly melancholic and gloomy after a while. To put it short, I'm still kinda afraid of dying,even though I'm well aware that it's an integral part of the game. Because of this, I quickly get discouraged about fighting and exploration. Oddly enough,this was never a problem for me in Sekiro,where I'd wander around,never actually being afraid of enemies, knowing that I could die once or twice with no consequences whatsoever and then parry everything to death on the third try.

    The first one I played was DS 2,and the mechanic of reducing your max health every time you die was what put me off the most,I gave up on it after beating the Pursuer for the first time. I tried the first one about a month ago (not the remaster,mind you), even though it was older and clunkier,I liked it more than the second one,I put it aside for now until I get my PC fixed to play the Remaster.

    I apologise for the unnecessarily long and ranty post,I just wanted to post this to see if someone had felt the same,and to get some tips in order to get over this, because I really want to get into the series.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/magician_of_booze
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat DS1! Woo!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    Just had to come here and say thanks for all the awesome tips I've found on this sub, without which I might've gone hollow for good. I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment as a dude in my 30s who was sure the game would be too hard for me when my younger sibling first showed it to me.

    I was honestly completely blown away by this game. The lore is so deep and the world is so immersive, and the gameplay is actually very fair, so it is challenging but rewarding. I also grew to really like how multi-player is handled (even after getting invaded by a Havel cosplayer and getting killed right before getting to the bonfire in Duke's Archive) just because it is so unique. Like the game refuses to break character, and I love it for that.

    Anyway, maybe best game ever? Possibly. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/CyrexianMana
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo Archers

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    I hate them. That is all.

    submitted by /u/Riptide555
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding in-game currency and so on

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Why is soul gathering so important in this game if in order not to go hollow you must have Humanity and to revert that state you use Humanity?

    You may say: It's because souls are used to buy stuff. But: why? How did they achieve this value?

    Also: Whose are these souls you gain? If humans have Humanity and Lords have souls, do all of these souls come from Seath's shenanigans? Do humans also have a soul inside? And if so: How and why?

    I'm confusion. Did I miss a mayor lore chunk?

    Kisses. <3

    submitted by /u/Zelfharia
    [link] [comments]

    Ghost of Tsushima makes me appreciate DkS even more than I already did.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    Before anyone freaks out, I'm not saying Tsushima is anything like souls, or a souls-like for that matter. Just comparing the combat, camera, and player movement controls.

     

    People often say dark souls feel clunky, but dear god tsushima is the embodiment of clunky in my opinion. Souls games give you so much freedom in terms of gameplay. The camera in GOT seems to just do what it wants, there's no lock on, and even at the fastest speed it's still wayyyyy too slow. In DS the camera basically only does what you tell it to, and you can crank the speed to be able to deal with multiple enemies at once.

     

    The character movement feels like I'm walking on ice half the time, and the other half I'm walking in mud. Souls may be a bit slow, but it is incredibly precise. Sprinting with a stick-click feels awful to me, way too awkward to go back and forth between running and walking smoothly.

     

    Lastly the lack of lock-on is honestly infuriating at times. I'll be trying to fight a guy right next to me but the game decides to focus me on a guy 30 feet away instead. Occasionally in DS the lock-on will flick to an awkwardly positioned enemy but if you know what you're doing it almost never happens.

     

    I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that action games need to borrow more from souls, even if they aren't trying to be a souls-like.

    submitted by /u/FashionSouls
    [link] [comments]

    About to play Dark Souls I Remastered for the first time. Worth it?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    So I'm doing that whole Dark Souls gaming backward. I started with Dark Souls III. My level is 214, beat the game a couple of times as a sorcerer, played PvP too, I feel like I pretty much did everything I had to do with this game.

    I was wondering which game I should try next? Everyone seems to say that Dark Souls I is very good. What about Dark Souls II? Any good? Any other decent Souls like game on PC?

    submitted by /u/drevenx13
    [link] [comments]

    DKS1 PTDE

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:28 PM PDT

    Hi guys, trying to play dks1 ptde splitscreen with nucleoscoop but can't get it to work on remastered, so trying to find dks ptde but that's no longer available on steam.
    Can someone point me in the right direction to get dks ptde so I can play splitscreen with my gf?
    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/dragagagon
    [link] [comments]

    What are the max stats for DSR?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    To clarify, I'm not talking about the stat cap at 99. What is the max that you can get a stat to before you start to see diminishing returns, especially with every level of NG+?

    submitted by /u/MusicZombie
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a dumbass

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    I was trying to talk to Andre to upgrade my weapons, then I misclicked and accidentally attacked him. There goes one of my blacksmiths. I know there's another one in New Londo but that doesn't make it hurt any less... Same thing happened with Siegmeyer just a few hours before. I'm a real dumbass.

    submitted by /u/ICantDecideOn_AName
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for more inspiration

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    I discovered Dark Souls two years ago. I have played good videogames in the past, but nothing remotely comparable to the souls experience... The universe, the lore, the humor (for instance the ridiculous gestures in such a dark world), the mechanics, the aesthetics. I consumed quickly all lore, DLC, and theories surrounding the DS trilogy. This has inspired me deeply as an artist.

    It must be the best case for artwork through videogames. It is a masterpiece by all standards. Thanks From and Thanks HM.

    Now, I don't want to waste more time not knowing about Art games. Apart from other From games, would you know of other games comparable to DS? I promise to take a look on all suggestions.

    submitted by /u/pm_your_secret_keys
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment